Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down (18454 Views)

NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down / Prove Your Innocence In Court, AGF Malami Tells Accused Judges / Mary Odili Wept And Begged Supreme Court Judges To Accept N5billion Bribe - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by kcnwaigbo: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
ganye1:

Their case is different because they are the ones who preside over cases.

you are sick and shameless

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by itzsniper(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

That exactly is the game there are playing.They don't have anything on the judges, they just want to take them out of the system in the name of a trial or whatsoever which might take years to conclude
holy God of naija youth, even d one DAT fake been sick? wat DAT 90 something million naira av u Eva see a pile of 50million naira? how can someone plant 90m in ur house in ur own presence? do dey come with a bullion van? don't tel m a judge of DAT calibre don't av a CCTV camera, d accusation against amaechi y did he kip it up till now? tink Mr man

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
ganye1:

Which purging itself do you want it to do when it is doing exactly that. The fight against corruption is not going to be successful unless the corruption in the judiciary is dealt with.
as long as it is fair I have no problem

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by ganye1: 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

you are sick and shameless
Grow up please. The way you take this personal makes think you may be related to one of them.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by brojoshua: 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2016
Corrupt NJC can't ask corrupt judges to step down as corrupt senators could not ask corrupt senate leaders to step down, unless greater uncorrupt forces come against them.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by timota(m): 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2016
Charly68:
Ok we shall see how this drama will end. The NJC will be happy when they see their learned lordships in handcuffs being led to prison. Better they wake up now to do the needful. The people they are trying to protect has messed up their integrity on political meddlesomeness . The cash found in their homes give room for suspicion . Let them begin to quote the law in the face of Buhari's desperation rto sanitise Nigeria's mess.
did u see the cash in their home or u are talking of the one dss planted see we are not fools if u are one

1 Like

Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by lanreni: 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
AirFireEarthH20:
NBA has been bribed by the executive. I'm very happy that NJC has refused to be intimidated.

Imagine the impunity of SSS to disgrace Justices of the Supreme Court just because they refused the biddings of Amaechi and his oga to rule in their favour.

They have used propaganda and lies to brainwashed the gullibles that only legislature and judiciary are corrupt but executive saints. If Lizard Amaechi and his oga are not suspended, no judge esp those of the Supreme Court Should be suspended. Nonsense
Oga take panadol before you give urself headache. to be objective unlike you, how would it look like for a judge to give judgement on an alleged accused brought before him, when he is also an alleged accused? all parties to any case (either defendants or accused), will have a right to accuse him of being biased or not morally qualified to hear any case. lawyers will find it difficult to throw out the sentiment of a morally bankrupt judge in their cases they bring before the justices. it means even if a lawyer wins a case fairly, the losing party can site the pending case of the judge(a good ground to disqualify his judgements) as a ground for disqualification in continuing or giving judgement on any case. to prevent unnecessary adjournments and motions, it is wise to suspend urself or step aside, clear ur name and take back your integrity to give judgements, even if NJC doesn't do it. NJC's role should be a speedy hearing of their cases so that within a short period, they can be pronounced guilty or not. for me therefore, the NBA is right. lets be objective and take this corrupt ellites out of our system one by one. your method of arresting everybody will never work. if d fight is one-sided, then lets ensure that side is thoroughly done. we nigerians must refuse to support the ellite, less they settle themselves behind. yet we are the ones that will still cry that it is not properly done, but we were foolish in allowing them divide us. they are all thesame. now the executive and legislator are settling behind. who are the loosers when the fight against corruption is abandoned?
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by nortcentrallord(m): 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
psucc:
NBA has been compromised. It was the first even before NJC to condemn the DSS action but today they are singing a different tune.

By the way, we are always too forgetful or wish to apply different approaches to the same offence based on who is caught this time. Justice Umar of CCB was accused of demanding bribe through proxy viz his aides who is standing trial but NBA and all those calling for the heads of our judges did not ask him to even surrender the case at hand let alone resigning.

It is not the best for our nation that whoever is accused is sentenced before hearing. Yet our laws are so bind that it could not see the sins of the 'anointed'.

Thank you my brother. That of Justice Umar of the CCB was just like yesterday and people are forgetting what they commented already. It has always been different approach for different folks. I am now made to believe 100% this government is upto some sort of mischief.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Billygee2u: 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2016
AirFireEarthH20:
NBA has been bribed by the executive. I'm very happy that NJC has refused to be intimidated.

Imagine the impunity of SSS to disgrace Justices of the Supreme Court just because they refused the biddings of Amaechi and his oga to rule in their favour.

They have used propaganda and lies to brainwashed the gullibles that only legislature and judiciary are corrupt but executive saints. If Lizard Amaechi and his oga are not suspended, no judge esp those of the Supreme Court Should be suspended. Nonsense
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Billygee2u: 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2016
psucc:
NBA has been compromised. It was the first even before NJC to condemn the DSS action but today they are singing a different tune.

By the way, we are always too forgetful or wish to apply different approaches to the same offence based on who is caught this time. Justice Umar of CCB was accused of demanding bribe through proxy viz his aides who is standing trial but NBA and all those calling for the heads of our judges did not ask him to even surrender the case at hand let alone resigning.

It is not the best for our nation that whoever is accused is sentenced before hearing. Yet our laws are so bind that it could not see the sins of the 'anointed'.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by AirFireEarthH20: 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
lanreni:

Oga take panadol before you give urself headache. to be objective unlike you, how would it look like for a judge to give judgement on an alleged accused brought before him, when he is also an alleged accused? all parties to any case (either defendants or accused), will have a right to accuse him of being biased or not morally qualified to hear any case. lawyers will find it difficult to throw out the sentiment of a morally bankrupt judge in their cases they bring before the justices. it means even if a lawyer wins a case fairly, the losing party can site the pending case of the judge(a good ground to disqualify his judgements) as a ground for disqualification in continuing or giving judgement on any case. to prevent unnecessary adjournments and motions, it is wise to suspend urself or step aside, clear ur name and take back your integrity to give judgements, even if NJC doesn't do it. NJC's role should be a speedy hearing of their cases so that within a short period, they can be pronounced guilty or not. for me therefore, the NBA is right. lets be objective and take this corrupt ellites out of our system one by one. your method of arresting everybody will never work. if d fight is one-sided, then lets ensure that side is thoroughly done. we nigerians must refuse to support the ellite, less they settle themselves behind. yet we are the ones that will still cry that it is not properly done, but we were foolish in allowing them divide us. they are all thesame. now the executive and legislator are settling behind. who are the loosers when the fight against corruption is abandoned?

You guys are hypocrites and shameless! Is Danladi Umar still not siting in CCT as a judge despite evidence he asked for bribe and was even paid to him thru his PA? You guys supported him cos it favors u but now u are speaking from both sides of the mouth. Smh
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by donvicky2007: 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2016
kahal29:
I see Danger ahead.... Since NJC has constituted itself to another arm of Government I see a situation where PMB will refuse to forward the name of the next CJN they submitted to him to the Senate and ask NJC to send it to the Senate directly since they are now an arm of government. This would mean that by the time the present CJN Retires on the 10th of November we won't have a replacement and nobody to chair the NJC.

I think their will be a law to over ride the president if he refuses to induce the recommendation of the NJC over a given period of time.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by KardinalZik(m): 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2016
Clash of Titans
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Sinkills: 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2016
Martins301:
The head of crooks sheilding its members. The sensible thing is for the judges to step down till they are cleared. Who will trust the judgement of a judge currently under investigation? The judicial arm will soon lose the remaing shred of confidence people have in it. Bunch of crooks.
I don't agree with you sir. The NJC did the right thing. If they accede to your demand, it just encourages the executive or any body to accuse anybody who does not do their bidding frivolously just to have him or her sidelined.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Sinkills: 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2016
Charly68:
Ok we shall see how this drama will end. The NJC will be happy when they see their learned lordships in handcuffs being led to prison. Better they wake up now to do the needful. The people they are trying to protect has messed up their integrity on political meddlesomeness . The cash found in their homes give room for suspicion . Let them begin to quote the law in the face of Buhari's desperation to sanitise Nigeria's mess.
I disagree with you sir. Sorry it is either you are ignorant, pained by their bold decision or simply mischievous. You have already passed judgement on the judges who are yet to be found guilty. You claim the president is desperate to sanitize Nigeria's mess. Let me assume he is. What of the allegation by the judges that the agent of the same president wants to bribe them into miscarrying of judgement and because they refused, they are being intimidated? Is that not worth looking into by an impartial observer? And if the the weighty allegation is true, what does that make our president? So who is actually encouraging 'mess' and who is fighting it?
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Sinkills: 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2016
lanreni:

I disagree with you sir. What if the real intention of the executive arm is to have these judges sidelined so as to plant their stooges who will do their bidding? Who then is corrupt and who is actually fighting corruption. If this is allowed, it will set a precedent that if I don't think your judgment will favour me, I can just lay a frivolous allegation against you so that you can be suspended. I don't understand your assertion that they are corrupt when they are yet to be found guilty. The NJC is bold and wise in their decision. Every institution can not be a puppet in the hands of an executive that seems to have vested interest in judicial outcomes. I support them 100%.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by falxx: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2016
ganye1:
As usual they are using technicalities to avoid doing the right thing. It is weird for a judge facing such weighty allegations of corruption to continue presiding over cases. Decency demands that they step aside until they clear their named.
God forbid bad thing. To step aside to this devilish, dubious the most dangerious lies who even included, during the DSS raid the worst Indian currency that is as worthless as toilet peper to defend thier lies? Tufiakwa.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by AlPeter: 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2016
AirFireEarthH20:

So if you are a judge, if anyone who doesn't like your face lay false accusation againt you, you would asked to be suspended or proceed on compulsary leave? You really don't understand the games those guys in Aso Rock are playing. Smh
yez decency demand they at least step aside for some time till their names are cleared.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Charly68: 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2016
Sinkills:
I disagree with you sir. Sorry it is either you are ignorant, pained by their bold decision or simply mischievous. You have already passed judgement on the judges who are yet to be found guilty. You claim the president is desperate to sanitize Nigeria's mess. Let me assume he is. What of the allegation by the judges that the agent of the same president wants to bribe them into miscarrying of judgement and because they refused, they are being intimidated? Is that not worth looking into by an impartial observer? And if the the weighty allegation is true, what does that make our president? So who is actually encouraging 'mess' and who is fighting it?
Aaah! Ignorant,pained or mischievous, this is too much ke, Abi kilo de! . Softly softly oo
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by lanreni: 5:43pm On Oct 22, 2016
Sinkills:
I disagree with you sir. What if the real intention of the executive arm is to have these judges sidelined so as to plant their stooges who will do their bidding? Who then is corrupt and who is actually fighting corruption. If this is allowed, it will set a precedent that if I don't think your judgment will favour me, I can just lay a frivolous allegation against you so that you can be suspended. I don't understand your assertion that they are corrupt when they are yet to be found guilty. The NJC is bold and wise in their decision. Every institution can not be a puppet in the hands of an executive that seems to have vested interest in judicial outcomes. I support them 100%.
You talk as if you know the laws backing NJC.The judiciary has enormous powers they are not using at all. either because they themselves have refused to do their jobs properly or are neck deep in corruption. what did NJC do when certain high court judges were being slapped and malhandled by governors? since 1999, they have only recommended just ONE person for prosecution, which was 2 weeks b4 the DSS's operation, which was due to d pressures mounted on them by the DSS. don't be sentimental. the intention of the executive is not d issue, but their incorruptibility. afterall, is it not their colleagues dat will sit in judgement and ensure d allegations by DSS is genuine? what are they afraid of? for a judge to admit that he followed some persons to where he was offered bribe, it shows he had descended so low that people could even think he could be bribed. possession of ilegal firearms and someone is arguing why the DSS not EFCC came in? Do you not see a bigger opportunity for us to clean d judiciary of badeggs? at least it would make it difficult for any judge to be bribed, not as it is now where people can purchase judgements. you are worried about speculations. why not worry about concrete facts on the table
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by lanreni: 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2016
AirFireEarthH20:

You guys are hypocrites and shameless! Is Danladi Umar still not siting in CCT as a judge despite evidence he asked for bribe and was even paid to him thru his PA? You guys supported him cos it favors u but now u are speaking from both sides of the mouth. Smh
I think you are the hypocrite here. here yourself. was it in the judge's residence? the judge could as well say his PA collected such monies without his consent. was they any recording that speaks of him coming to collect it on his boss's behalf? thats a dead case on arrival. think like a lawyer for once. who brought the evidence? why did the giver of the bribe not do a recording? what did the NJC do about it? let us be objective and leave behind foolish sentiments. the goal of all of us should be a stronger NJC that is alive to its responsibilities.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by sissoko22(m): 9:26pm On Oct 22, 2016
You're a pathetic idi.ot why alway quick to insult people who don't subscribe to your way of reasoning. U keep telling everyone on nairaland how you live in a sane & healthy environment yet your attitude says otherwise. Do you learn anything at all or just have a very dull brain.
kcnwaigbo:

So seriously, you don't see anything wrong with the hypocritical position you took? That view my dear is the ultimate form of corruption. You are even worse than the people you are condemning
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by Lucynchy(f): 11:01pm On Oct 22, 2016
They're deemed innocent untill proven otherwise.
Re: NJC Disagrees With NBA, Says Won’t Suspend Nor Ask Accused Judges To Step Down by robert10001232: 1:22am On Oct 23, 2016
zakim:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/njc-disagrees-nba-says-wont-suspend-ask-accused-judges-step-2/
REVEALING SECRET HOW D'BANJ SOLD HIS LIFE TO ILLUMINATI

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE INSTANT RICH, FAME AND MONEY. JOIN ILLUMINAT!!! ILLUMINATI HAVE THE

ANSWER!!! www.illuminatiorganization.org/join.html

The Illuminati is an elite collective of political leaders, business owners, entertainment

celebrities, and other influential members of this planet. By uniting leaders of the world

in an unrestrictive, private domain – free of political, religious, and geological

boundaries – our organization helps to further the prosperity of the human species as a

whole.
Managing the lives of over 7 billion humans is a daunting task. Our duty to this planet has

spanned across centuries and survived even the most established government entities. To

continue functioning throughout societal changes, The Illuminati’s operations require

anonymity for both our members and our world.

If you are interested in joining CLICK HERE TO FILL AN APPLICATION ONLINE @

www.illuminatiorganization.org/join.html

You can call us or whatsapp us so we can give you an agent number in your country:

+447452282174

ILLUMINATI CAN DO THE FOLLOWING!!!!!!!!!!!
• Power, Money, quick riches - wear or carry on your body.
• "Do as I say Charm" . If you want anybody to do what you tell him/her, you will need

this.
• Power to conjure and invoke spirits and angels to talk to them.
• Power to disappear and appear to different location.
• Power to gain contracts and promotions from governments and organizations.
• Power to obtain favor from people and win elections.
• Power to dissolve/bury a case and make it forgetful to human thought.
• Power to transport hard drugs such as Cocaine, heroin, narcotics, marijuana, etc.
• Power to attract love and make love to any girl you desire.
• Spiritual Protection of all kind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Has His Own Campaign Rice Now / FG Repaired $2.8m Ship With $18m –late Mbu’s Book / Osinbajo Briefs Buhari On Economic Sustainability Plan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.