Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,776 members, 7,955,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:59 PM

IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans (979 Views)

IPOB Is A Threat To Unity, Herdsmen Is Not, Lai Mohammed Tells BBC - FFK Reacts / IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed / Joe Igbokwe: IPOB Is A Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by frankdoz24: 7:00am On Oct 22, 2016
After a movie premiere which was held on Thursday, 20th October 2016, at the Muson centre, Onikan, Lagos State, which entertained dignitaries like Olu Jacobs, Taiwo Ajai-Lycett and Onyeka Onwenu; the former military head of State of Nigeria, Yakubu Gowon, came out of the hall soberly and condemning the successive governments of Nigeria for being wicked and unjust towards the communities in the oil rich regions of Biafra as the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) had alleged.Gowon was the special guest of honour at the premiereof Oloibiri, a movie about the hardships, deprivations, brutalities and killings that Biafrans have experienced under the 'rulership' of the Nigerian government as designed by Britain.Reacting to the movie, Gowon said "Watching through the movie, I cannot help but feel with the plight of Oloibiri and all other oil producing communities and their people in the land. I agree that the movie mirrors a clear manifestation of the collective negligence and failure of leadership in successive governments in Nigeria."Looking back today, I must confess here that the people of Oloibiri have felt badly neglected and of course, they are hurt."We must, however, acknowledge as a country and as a people that along the way, we have made mistakes. Clearly, Oloibiri community has not been treated fairly, they deserve sympathy, consideration and collective resolve to develop this once vibrant community.I move as a former head of state to offer the country's profound regrets and my personal apology to the good people of Oloibiri with the prayers to the present and future governments at all levels to work towards redressing the wrongs of the past to these people."I also request the people of Oloibiri to forgive the oversight and mistakes of the government and the corporate government of Nigeria."Recall that this same Yakubu Gowon, apart from his role in the Nigeria-Biafra war and the war crimes hanging over him, has countlessly fueled the brutalities of the Nigerian government against peacefuland unarmed Biafra agitators. He has continued to unapologetically reference the 1967-1970 genocide and has since, insisted that "Biafra is dead and buried"all in his bid to erase the name 'Biafra'.On Wednesday 3rd August 2016, when visited by Senator Shehu Sani in Abuja, Gowon unrepentantly stated that "Nigeria killed over 6 million Biafrans (not for political, social nor economic reasons but) to retain the 'shape' of Nigeria's map.At this point, we can deduce that Gowon is on a mission to penetrate the minds of Biafra agitators who are already determined to restore Biafra. Gowon, who has never condemned the unprovoked and indiscriminate killings, tortures, illegal detentions and rights abuse of Biafrans by the Nigerian security operatives lacks all moral grounds to talk about the welfare of Biafrans.Gowon should hence realise that IPOB is the king of mind games. We can never give in to such hypocritical sweet but empty apologies. The only apology we will accept at this time is the release of our leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and all other Biafrans incarcerated on grounds of self determination.Sermon lived is better than sermon preached!

1 Like

Re: IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by recievesense: 7:02am On Oct 22, 2016
Wia is the sauce kid?
Re: IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by menxer: 7:31am On Oct 22, 2016
That Gowon's comments speaks to the Niger Delta issue (which I believe was the theme of the movie) and not Biafra issue as the two don't mean the same thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by victorvezx(m): 7:48am On Oct 22, 2016
menxer:
That Gowon's comments speaks to the Niger Delta issue (which I believe was the theme of the movie) and not Biafra issue as the two don't mean the same thing.
Don't mind the delusional Ipob youths. They think Niger delta and Biafra struggle is the same. Delusional people they are

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by gidgiddy: 8:28am On Oct 22, 2016
menxer:

The two actually do mean the same thing. Contrary to popular opinion, Biafra has never been about just Igbos. The last president of Biafra wasnt even an Igbo man
Re: IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by gidgiddy: 8:40am On Oct 22, 2016
victorvezx:

Don't mind the delusional Ipob youths. They think Niger delta and Biafra struggle is the same. Delusional people they are

There is nothing like Niger Delta struggle. The Ijaw mans struggle is not the Efik mans struggle and neither is it the Bini mans struggle. The Bini man doesnt even know who the Efik man is but as an Igbo man, the Efik man is my nextdoor neigbour. There are over 40 tribes in the South of Nigeria with different culture, customs and language so when people lump them all together and call them Niger Delta or South-South as if they are one people, I laugh. An Urohbo man would have travel through Igbo land before he can even get to Ibibio land.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 22, 2016
gidgiddy:

There is nothing like Niger Delta struggle. The Ijaw mans struggle is not the Efik mans struggle and neither is it the Bini mans struggle. The Bini man doesnt even know who the Efik man is but as an Igbo man, the Efik man is my nextdoor neigbour. There are over 40 tribes in the South of Nigeria with different culture, customs and language so when people lump them all together and call them Niger Delta or South-South as if they are one people, I laugh. An Urohbo man would have travel through Igbo land before he can even get to Ibibio land.
What does Biafra have to do with all these tribes,in this short epistle of yours.?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by menxer: 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2016
gidgiddy:

The two actually do mean the same thing. Contrary to popular opinion, Biafra has never been about just Igbos. The last president of Biafra wasnt even an Igbo man

And who was that?

1 Like

Re: IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by gidgiddy: 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
menxer:

And who was that?

Major General Philip Effiong
Re: IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by menxer: 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2016
gidgiddy:

Major General Philip Effiong
Who deceived you?

General Effiong took over to negotiate surrender when General Ojukwu absconded.

The atrocities Biafran army committed in Ibibio lands makes one wonder if General Effiong was not an Ibibio man.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by gidgiddy: 3:25pm On Oct 22, 2016
menxer:

Who deceived you?

General Effiong took over to negotiate surrender when General Ojukwu absconded.

The atrocities Biafran army committed in Ibibio lands makes one wonder if General Effiong was not an Ibibio man.

It doesnt matter why Philip Effiong took over, he was the last president of Biafra and he was not Igbo
Re: IPOB Is Right, Nigerian Government Has Been Wicked Towards Biafrans by victorvezx(m): 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2016
gidgiddy:

And what really concerns Biafra with the issues of the south south tribes?

(1) (Reply)

David Mark A Greedy Fellow, He Robbed Idoma People For 16 Years – APC Chieftain / Are APC Supporters Now Officially Designated As JANJA-WEED? / Buhari Is Not A Mistake, He Is God's Choice - CAN Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.