Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun (1012 Views)

Walahi I Thought Tinubu Was A Wise Man / How Bola Tinubu Was Almost Assassinated By Gani Adams In 1999- By (pix) / Lere Olayinka Analyzes Photos Of President Buhari With Oyegun & Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by agwom(m): 7:03am On Oct 22, 2016
•Why APC’s NWC upturned Appeal Committee’s report and upheld Governorship Primary Committee report

In Odigie-Oyegun’s domicile

IT was on a cool evening that I met with the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, at his Abuja residence, last weekend. It was certainly not my first meeting with him, as I knew Odigie-Oyegun since 1991 when he emerged as the first civilian governor of Edo state.

Though, his tenure was short-lived, as a military junta, led by former Head of State; the late General Sani Abacha sacked the then civilian government, vulgarly aborting the Third Republic. We were to meet again during the days of South-South Peoples Assembly, SSPC, which he was the national chairman, but had cause to quit the exalted position on principle.

I questioned him then, he replied that he would not be party to a South-South group where some people would want to box everybody into a particular party. (He meant PDP) without which you would not be regarded. He was one of the few South-South leaders, who felt that former President Goodluck Jonathan and his party, PDP were not performing and he had no reason to support the party.

One of his associates recalled to this reporter that after the annulment of the June 12, 1993 Presidential Election, presumably won by the late Chief Moshood Abiola, some top brass of the military wanted to get the defunct SDP to cooperate with the Abacha government and had permeated the party. The national leadership of the party convened a meeting in Benin City, the capital of his state, to discuss the way forward.

“While some of the leaders were favorably disposed to abandoning the Abiola mandate, Odigie-Oyegun delivered a powerful message, reminding the party leaders of a Benin adage, which says: “It is better to show a child where his father died defending his honour than that path he took fleeing into the bush.

‘It was his potent submission and that of a few others that led to the formation of the National Democratic Coalition, NADECO. Besides being governors on the platform of the defunct SDP, his membership of NADECO with the National Leader of APC, Alhaji Bola Tinubu, many took them as birds of the same plumage until the outburst, last month, by the latter, calling for his resignation, accusing him of treachery in the Governorship Primary of APC in Ondo state,” he said.

This reporter had called Odigie-Oyegun on phone penultimate week from his base in Delta state on the raging feud between him and Tinubu, but said he would not want to speak on the issue until he met with President Muhammadu Buhari.

By the time I got to Abuja, last week, for separate engagements with some Niger Delta leaders in Abuja, he had already met with President Buhari and issued a statement that read something like: “Tinubu cannot sack me on the pages of newspapers,” which was the headline in some newspapers.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/encounter-tinubu-badly-advised-oyegun/

Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by sarrki(m): 7:07am On Oct 22, 2016
Baba keep quiet

You go soon ear the scores

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by nedu2000(m): 7:17am On Oct 22, 2016
Oya go and beg him,i'll advice to buy a knee pad 'cause you'll do lots of kneeling

2 Likes

Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by ezechueze(m): 7:30am On Oct 22, 2016
OK
Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by mazifrankmore: 7:47am On Oct 22, 2016
Yea he was.

He left the fulani cabals who are dictating everything and then start attacking you.
Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by Mujaheeeden: 7:47am On Oct 22, 2016
sarrki:
Baba keep quiet

You go soon ear the scores
Your English reflects your person.

Since buhari is dull then you are buhari
Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by softvio(m): 7:50am On Oct 22, 2016
Booked
Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by yjgm(m): 7:54am On Oct 22, 2016
Tinubu is the boss.
Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by sarrki(m): 8:01am On Oct 22, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Your English reflects your person.

Since buhari is dull then you are buhari

grin grin

Thank you

Mr bature (oyinbo)
Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by PentiumProf: 8:04am On Oct 22, 2016
Tinubu has brain washed afonjas
How can a drug barron be leading afonjas like zombies
I almost forgot afonjas are zombies
Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by sarrki(m): 8:08am On Oct 22, 2016
PentiumProf:
Tinubu has brain washed afonjas
How can a drug barron be leading afonjas like zombies
I almost forgot afonjas are zombies

The thing pain this wailer

Well well

I swear e pain Am

Even all your leaders and heroes agreed to the fact

That Tinubu is there master any day anytime

How much more E rat
Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by PentiumProf: 8:14am On Oct 22, 2016
sarrki:

The thing pain this wailer

Well well

I swear e pain Am

Even all your leaders and heroes agreed to the fact

That Tinubu is there master any day anytime

Sarrki is an E rat
Tinubu can be the master of your family not my people
We detest fraudsters like tinubu
Thanks for concurring with my stance that tinubu is lleading you like a zombie
Re: Encounter: ‘tinubu Was Badly Advised Against Me’ – Oyegun by sarrki(m): 8:19am On Oct 22, 2016
PentiumProf:

Tinubu can be the master of your family not my people
We detest fraudsters like tinubu
Thanks for concurring with my stance that tinubu is lleading you like a zombie

Lol

The thing enter am wella

(1) (Reply)

My Stand On Ouk’s Visit To His Igbo Brother – Chidinma Ubani / Despite Buhari Lying That Boko Haram Has Bn Defeated,Suicide Bomber Strike Again / The Sufferings Of The Southern Kaduna's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.