Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review (22730 Views)

Does Tecno Camon CX Support Glo 4G? / Between Glo 3G & Glo 4G LTE / List Of Smartphones That Are Compatible With Glo 4G LTE Band 28, 700mhz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Xbee007(m): 10:01pm On May 23, 2017
ColeworldMD:
have u tried glo office at wuse? Some hustlers in front of d office sell too
Okay, I will try that. Someone told me they are around Wuse 2.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by sammieomoba: 8:35am On May 24, 2017
VKasparov:
It seems the moderator has removed the Konga and google URL shortner address from the link I pasted so you might not be able to access them. Sha, here is a text file I attached containing the links and some pix of the products.

Is it universal??
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by sammieomoba: 1:46pm On May 24, 2017
VKasparov:
It seems the moderator has removed the Konga and google URL shortner address from the link I pasted so you might not be able to access them. Sha, here is a text file I attached containing the links and some pix of the products.

If I buy it from konga. Do I need to unlock it?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Xbee007(m): 12:53pm On May 25, 2017
ColeworldMD:
have u tried glo office at wuse? Some hustlers in front of d office sell too
iliyande:

Wuse 2, around National Open University

Finally bought it at Zone 5 opp Sky Memorial.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 4:24pm On May 25, 2017
Xbee007:

Finally bought it at Zone 5 opp Sky Memorial.
nice. How much did they charge u total
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Xbee007(m): 5:28pm On May 25, 2017
ColeworldMD:
nice. How much did they charge u total
500naira.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ColeworldMD(m): 7:17pm On May 25, 2017
Xbee007:

500naira.
its getting cheaper. I got it 1k frm Glo office then

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by VKasparov(m): 5:26am On Jun 01, 2017
sammieomoba:

Is it universal??

Yes. You do not need to unlock it. It works with all Networks!
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by iXavier: 9:12am On Jun 01, 2017
How much is the Glo 4G mifi?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by tivta(m): 12:17pm On Jun 03, 2017
Glo 3g

Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by massimo10: 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
dustmalik:

Yes. Glo 3G data plans don't work over 4G LTE network. It will simply refuse to browse until you switch the network type to 3G. But the 4G data plans are backward compatible.

So, yes, in order to browse over Glo 4G LTE network, you need to subscribe to their 4G plans. But the data plans cost the same anyway.

All plans are now 3G-4G compatible.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by hamzeto: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
Why is my huawei mifi E5372 not browsing at all with my glo sim?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by duwdu: 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
hamzeto:
Why is my huawei mifi E5372 not browsing at all with my glo sim?

You didn't give any info as to how you set it up, for one to be able to diagnose your actual problem just from your post.

Nevertheless, the E5372b_601 works with Glo on 2/3G, provided you set it up with one of Glo's combinations of apn, username, and password, such as gloflat, flat, and flat.

The MiFi cannot work with Glo if it's set to 4G, because it does not have Band 28.

Good luck.

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by fotyy: 11:17am On Jul 02, 2017
duwdu:

You didn't give any info as to how you set it up, for one to be able to diagnose your actual problem just from your post.

Nevertheless, the E5372b_601 works with Glo on 2/3G, provided you set it up with one of Glo's combinations of apn, username, and password, such as gloflat, flat, and flat.

The MiFi cannot work with Glo if it's set to 4G, because it does not have Band 28.

Good luck.

P34c3

Do you know the alternative APN for Ntel?
I was using my Huawei e5372 successfully with Ntel using the 'ntel" APN.
But for days now, it hasn't been connecting. I thought it was the modem that had issues but when I used an active Spectranet SIM and then used a Swift Network SIM, both worked and browsed with Thier specific APNs

so you know which other APN works with Ntel?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by earthrealm(m): 11:30am On Jul 02, 2017
how much for the glo mifi.

2ndly can i use the smile mifi for glo 4g?...if yes...what are the steps..
.thnks
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by duwdu: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
fotyy:

Do you know the alternative APN for Ntel?
I was using my Huawei e5372 successfully with Ntel using the 'ntel" APN.
But for days now, it hasn't been connecting. I thought it was the modem that had issues but when I used an active Spectranet SIM and then used a Swift Network SIM, both worked and browsed with Thier specific APNs

so you know which other APN works with Ntel?

Sorry, I'm not aware of an alternate APN for ntel for the Web.

(For what it's worth, ntel once published an exclusive APN for its VoIP/VoLTE service specifically; unfortunately, I can't immediately remember it; even then, it had to be used with an apk downloadable from ntel's website, for most devices. You can scout ntel's website for the info in case it's still being carried. But I doubt if that other APN makes a difference to your inability to again surf with ntel in your zone at this time. I say so because I once used it when ntel was going crappy in my area, and it made no difference. Hopefully some others chip in here, though.)

In any case, based on your narrative, I think ntel is just crapping out in your area at the present time.

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by fotyy: 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
duwdu:

Sorry, I'm not aware of an alternate APN for ntel for the Web.

(For what it's worth, ntel once published an exclusive APN for its VoIP/VoLTE service specifically; unfortunately, I can't immediately remember it; even then, it had to be used with an apk downloadable from ntel's website, for most devices. You can scout ntel's website for the info in case it's still being carried. But I doubt if that other APN makes a difference to your inability to again surf with ntel in your zone at this time. I say so because I once used it when ntel was going crappy in my area, and it made no difference. Hopefully some others chip in here, though.)

In any case, based on your narrative, I think ntel is just crapping out in your area at the present time.

P34c3

Ntel isn't crappy in my area, it is just an APN issue,
It isn't connecting to the internet at all
By crappy, it would have been slow but still connected
Besides others with 4g enabled phones who use Ntel on my area surf the internet perfectly without issues

And about the other APN, that is for voice services through Vox app and this isn't a phone but an external modem

Btw I tried it before my previous post, even though I was positive, it won't work

mobile logo

Device Compatibility
Choose any category that matches your device specs, follow the instructions and enjoy a better experience on ntel 4G/LTE-Advanced

Voice and Data Over LTE
(ntel VOXHD App)
Is your device listed here? Then you can configure it for data and voice service via ntel VOXHD app
Device List
Configuration Steps
To get your phone to work on the ntel network for data services and voice services via VOXHD App;

Ensure that an ntel SIM is inserted in the phone
Go to settings
then More (in some phones)
Mobile Networks
Preferred Network Type
Select 4G only or LTE only
Go back
Click on Access Point Names
Click on the ‘+’ sign
Set name to ‘vox’
Set APN to ‘vox’
Click on the options and select save
Set the APN as the default/functional APN
If the LTE only option is not available, you will see the LTE/WCDMA/GSM (Auto) option.

Go to the phone dialer
Enter *#*#4636#*#*
Select Phone Information
Change network type to “LTE Only”
Go back and toggle airplane mode on/off
Network service showing 4G should be displayed on the phone now
Download the VOXHD App from Google Play Store
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by duwdu: 11:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
fotyy:

Ntel isn't crappy in my area, it is just an APN issue,
It isn't connecting to the internet at all
By crappy, it would have been slow but still connected
Besides others with 4g enabled phones who use Ntel on my area surf the internet perfectly without issues

And about the other APN, that is for voice services through Vox app and this isn't a phone but an external modem

Btw I tried it before my previous post, even though I was positive, it won't work

mobile logo

Device Compatibility
Choose any category that matches your device specs, follow the instructions and enjoy a better experience on ntel 4G/LTE-Advanced

Voice and Data Over LTE
(ntel VOXHD App)
Is your device listed here? Then you can configure it for data and voice service via ntel VOXHD app
Device List
Configuration Steps
To get your phone to work on the ntel network for data services and voice services via VOXHD App;

Ensure that an ntel SIM is inserted in the phone
Go to settings
then More (in some phones)
Mobile Networks
Preferred Network Type
Select 4G only or LTE only
Go back
Click on Access Point Names
Click on the ‘+’ sign
Set name to ‘vox’
Set APN to ‘vox’
Click on the options and select save
Set the APN as the default/functional APN
If the LTE only option is not available, you will see the LTE/WCDMA/GSM (Auto) option.

Go to the phone dialer
Enter *#*#4636#*#*
Select Phone Information
Change network type to “LTE Only”
Go back and toggle airplane mode on/off
Network service showing 4G should be displayed on the phone now
Download the VOXHD App from Google Play Store

Fair enough. Hope you find a solution soon.

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ZIKEYBOY11: 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2019
I'm sorry to have bumped into this old thread. I have just bought a glo 4G SIM card and I have an unlocked spectranet mifi (huawei e5573-606). When I search for network I see the glo 4G signal but I can't register the network. The mifi device is unlocked and I can use MTN 4G on it.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Bossman(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2019
That device has GLO's 4G bands, so it should have worked on 4G with the GLO sim. Are you sure that sim is activated for 4G?

ZIKEYBOY11:
I'm sorry to have bumped into this old thread. I have just bought a glo 4G SIM card and I have an unlocked spectranet mifi (huawei e5573-606). When I search for network I see the glo 4G signal but I can't register the network. The mifi device is unlocked and I can use MTN 4G on it.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by bazkid24(m): 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2019
Bossman:
That device has GLO's 4G bands, so it should have worked on 4G with the GLO sim. Are you sure that sim is activated for 4G?

Evening, I have a glo 4G sim. What activation does it need again?
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by Daintydan: 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2019
bazkid24:

Evening, I have a glo 4G sim. What activation does it need again?
Just contact Glo customer care service and tell them to provision your number for 4G service if not you'll have that 4G sim and not get 4G service. All new 4G SIMs go through this process.
Re: Glo 4G LTE - First Speedtest & Review by ZIKEYBOY11: 6:00am On Sep 13, 2019
Bossman:

Thanks, I realised it's the location. I stepped out of the house and I was able to use 4G. I was even browsing free without data plan... Lol.

Seems glo 4G is not useable everywhere as they claim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Threads: Ten Million Join Meta's Twitter Rival, Zuckerberg Says / Nigerian Man Shares His Encounter With A Pakistan Man / Unboxing The Lumsing 10400mah Power Bank: A Nairalander’s Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.