Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally (26606 Views)

N49 Billion Out Of The N50 Billion Has Been Disbursed !! / Tiamin Rice Invests $13.4m To Produce 1,520 Tonnes Daily / Nigeria Set To Boost Oil Production As Agip Begins $13.5b Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by ikorodureporta: 6:55am On Oct 24, 2016
The message i got from MTNN:

''Fantastic news! Upgrade your SIM to a 4G SIM today and we will reward you with 5GB cheesy of FREE data INSTANTLY! Hurry up, there's little time left!''

*HOW TRUE IS IT??
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by 4nobody4every1: 6:56am On Oct 24, 2016
Hmmmm sad
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by rabex123(m): 6:57am On Oct 24, 2016
Xxpress:
I can't blame Mtn, they know everything goes in Nigeria
True..with d right amount...the judges and politicians. Can overlook all.
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by AfroKnight: 6:58am On Oct 24, 2016
canalily:
Is it not their moneyundecided or is it Nigeria's money So did they enter CBN to take this amount?

Wow! Such ignorance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Boyooosa(m): 6:58am On Oct 24, 2016
Dino is becoming my fav these days. I hope he has good intention sha... Cos I always doubt our leaders.
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by SoNature(m): 6:59am On Oct 24, 2016
Indeed, Nigeria is a lawless country....I weep for this country
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Alal(m): 6:59am On Oct 24, 2016
ohhh,this is where my recharge monies go into, na wao. we are n trouble no wonder if I recharge now and I make just one call as f they are expecting me to make the call,the remaining including the bonus will disappear.
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Felixtuta(m): 6:59am On Oct 24, 2016
If the order fro CBN was from 2006 to 2016, one will ask:

When was the money moved?
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by olaolulazio(m): 7:00am On Oct 24, 2016
Deen77:

Nigeria is there Chairman.
u mean a Nigerian?
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Boyooosa(m): 7:01am On Oct 24, 2016
AfroKnight:

Wow! Such ignorance.
Na so one talk say they can do anything with their profit...lol!
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Lilimax(f): 7:03am On Oct 24, 2016
canalily:
Is it not their moneyundecided or is it Nigeria's money So did they enter CBN to take this amount?
You're so naive embarassed

3 Likes

Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by propanet(m): 7:04am On Oct 24, 2016
check out the reason why you must activate airplane mode during flight below

http://www.propanet.com/2016/10/airplane-mode-why-is-it-necessary.html
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Lilimax(f): 7:04am On Oct 24, 2016
And EFCC will be looking for innocent Nigerians upandan. This is the type of case they should delve into for me to know they are working.
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by deflover(m): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2016
yes I just fucking raped a goat mtn
my dick no hear word it kept moving till I put am for the goat Toto
wen are we going to nationalize mtn and kick the bloody southie out of nija.
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by DeRay98(m): 7:05am On Oct 24, 2016
lafuria1:
Let's free Mtn, at least they are honest, our useless politicians will forming saints have moved more out of the country. Where did our 20bn dollars go too,

They were not honest about shit, its EFCC's discovery of their illegality and probe that forced them to own-up and explain. They have been denying it ever since efcc exposed them.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 24, 2016
Ditch your empty-hen sim for other network
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by DeRay98(m): 7:08am On Oct 24, 2016
[quote author=Lilimax post=50458892]And EFCC will be looking for innocent Nigerians upandan. This is the type of case they should delve into for me to know they are working.[/quote
Who exposed them in the first place? Is it not the efcc you chose to hate as if they have ever harassed you?
Hatred is killer of Nig youths. Run away from hate.
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by JustCurious: 7:09am On Oct 24, 2016
If the said fund was moved between 2006 and 2016, why are they indicting ONLY Minister of Trade and Investment that got appointed, last year? #JustCurious. I mean 10 good years of malpractices and you got only one Minister to blame for it? #ShowOfShame #SomePoliticalPlayIsOutThereAgain.

1 Like

Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Zedoo(m): 7:10am On Oct 24, 2016
MTN....dun gulp wan run...before recession hit them....
Airtel ti take over! Iyala iya anybody....

Meanwhile;

1 Like

Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Zedoo(m): 7:12am On Oct 24, 2016
[quote author=DeRay98 post=50458960][/quote]

Story....for this naija....when the president's cronies have surely benefitted for this to have been done successfully....and the truth is..that MONEY IS GONE!!!
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by francisbarrack(m): 7:15am On Oct 24, 2016
canalily:

C person thinking.

1 Like

Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by siji1979(m): 7:18am On Oct 24, 2016
We buy recharg cards in naira where do they get d donna from?
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by henrydadon(m): 7:20am On Oct 24, 2016
sylvar02:
Sorry if this is silly...

Just my own take

Abeg na government money them move

When some thieves dey busy dey carry Naija people money.... Should there be certain protocol you have to follow before handling your own hard earned money

Abi na the money cause our economy issue

Meanwhile see Wetin Eric Baily dey wear grin

bros i tire o..as far say the money dey legal
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Zedoo(m): 7:20am On Oct 24, 2016
Felixtuta:
If the order fro CBN was from 2006 to 2016, one will ask:

When was the money moved?

Last week...
They couldn't take it no more.....
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by martineinstein(m): 7:21am On Oct 24, 2016
UnknownT:
Another Buhari's minister implicated once more angry
dont blame only d minister..its been happening since 2OO6
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by chacoonder(m): 7:23am On Oct 24, 2016
Demigods666:
They should send this thieves out of Nigeria angry
Let the government deal with them first before ejection.

1 Like

Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by ovielee(m): 7:24am On Oct 24, 2016
MTN did not do anything wrong here, we should understand the procedure for issuance of CCI and repatriation of funds.CCI can only be issued for foreign inflows within 24hours of receipt and the funds would converted to naira at the current exchange rate. The issue with MTN is that the CCI were not within the stipulated 24hours but the various banks sought CBN approval to issue the CCI, given that the CBN has granted approval MTN can repatriate the CCI
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Zdoh(m): 7:25am On Oct 24, 2016
MTN everywhere you go.... no be today.
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Mayflowa(m): 7:26am On Oct 24, 2016
sylvar02:
Sorry if this is silly...

Just my own take

Abeg na government money them move

When some thieves dey busy dey carry Naija people money.... Should there be certain protocol you have to follow before handling your own hard earned money

Abi na the money cause our economy issue

Meanwhile see Wetin Eric Baily dey wear grin

what are you saying? Do u know the process it takes you to move a million dollars out US. That money was made in Naira and they took the country foreign exchange(dollars) out. Do you know what is 13 billion dollars? Go and sleep bro. You never wake up

NB: For your wisdom, a country amount of dollar reserve and demand for dollars reflect in country's exchange dollar ratio. If we have 50Billion dollars in our reserve today, a dollar will revert back to 150 naira or less

4 Likes

Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by Nbote(m): 7:26am On Oct 24, 2016
Why blame MTN for taking advantage of a porous system? Even d Senate admitted d system is porous so how is it their fault? I'm sure the minister in collaboration with the banks helped dem find a way around the system yet no one is talking about the minister. Abeg make dem let us hear word. How many hearings have we heard on d crooks who transfer d nation's money out of the shores of dis country. So long as dey didn't default in their tax payments den make una leave dem. Dats what our free falling naira has caused.
Re: MTN Admits Moving Out $13.9 Billion Out Of Nigeria Illegally by onomeasike: 7:26am On Oct 24, 2016
This happened because there are too much unpatriotic and corrupt elements in the financial sector and it's one area the DSS should beam it's light.
It's more than apology, people should be sent to jail.
This is how terrorists organizations receive funding and these criminal elements pretend not to know the consequences of their nefarious activities.
The minister should have been picked up since.
The way MTN is breaking rules show that it's an ethically corrupt organization, mark my words, they will never last. They will soon die like other ethically corrupt companies

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Home To 9,100 Dollar-Millionaires, Worth $207 Billion / CAC Denies Registering ‘Wickedness Association of Nigeria’ As A Business (Pix) / We Are Still Collecting Old Naira Notes - ECOBANK, UBA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.