Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations (37387 Views)

Panic Grips Buhari’s Ministers / "Buhari's Men Kidnapped Chibok Girls" - Fani Kayode / Buhari Meets Tinubu’s Men Over Party’s Internal Wrangling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by dre11(m): 7:26am On Oct 23, 2016
Biyi Adegoroye

Palpable fear has gripped some prominent members of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet, following rumours that the presidency might off-load them because of the weighty allegations leveled against some of them by two Supreme Court judges.

The apprehension came just as prominent Nigerians, including Constitutional lawyer, Ebun Adegboruwa; factional leader of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Chief Goddy Uwazuruike, and a former Secretary to the Benue State Government, Prof. Saint Gbilekaa, called on President Buhari to remove the Minister of Transport, Chief Rotimi Amaechi, and his Science and Technology Counterpart, Dr. Ogbonaya Onu, to enable them defend the weighty allegations leveled against them.

The fear was reinforced when it was observed last week that the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, who was allegedly named in a N500million bribe over the fine imposed on the mobile telecommunication company, MTN, had been out of office for over two weeks. Presidency sources said a number of the ministers are jittery over the allegations and that one cannot rule out the possibility of a cabinet shakeup soon to remove some ministers who are said to have heavy baggage. A key government spokesman, who chose not to be named, said he could not confirm that, but that Kyari was on annual leave and would resume duties tomorrow.

Since the arrest of over seven judges by the Department of State Security (DSS), over allegations of corruption in the past three weeks, some of the judges have complained of victimization, witch-hunt and that evidence were planted in their apartment.

While Justice Sylvester Ngwuta of the Supreme Court alleged that Hon. Rotimi Amaechi begged him to pervert justice by canceling the governorship election in Ekiti State and order fresh election to favour his friend, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, Justice Inyang Okoro alleged that Amaechi also attempted to bribe him to influence the elections in Rivers, Abia and Akwa Ibom states. Similarly, Justice Ngwuta alleged that Dr. Onu invited him to his house and demanded that he influenced the outcome of the Governorship Election Appeal for Ebonyi State in favour of the Labour Party candidate in the state who had reportedly agreed to decamp to the All Progressives Congress.

Whereas both Amaechi and Onu have denied the allegations, with the former describing it as “pure fiction, a dubious diversionary tale concocted to muddle the very serious issues of his (Ngwuta’s) arrest and investigations by the DSS,” President Buhari has been advised to, as a matter of urgency, drop those ministers and submit them from investigation. Constitutional lawyer, Ebun Adegboruwa, in an interview with Sunday Telegraph, said the current development was a fallout of the belief that even while in the opposition, the APC manipulated the judiciary to secure victory in many states, especially in the South.

“Governors Rauf Aregbesola, Adams Oshiomhole and Kayode Fayemi were imposed on Osun, Edo and Ekiti states respectively by the courts, and not through the ballots,” he said.

He noted that the manipulation by the APC, which was a beautiful bride of the judiciary over the years, have now boomeranged because the party could no longer have its way, adding that it only shows the APC as “an agglomeration of propagandists and political opportunists who took Nigerians for granted and took advantage of PDP’s poor performance to hoodwink Nigerians to vote for them” “I believe that the judges could not have cooked up the allegations against Amaechi and Onu, especially since the former is gradually becoming the Mr. Fix it of this administration. My submission, therefore, is that if the indicted judges are to step aside, the indicted ministers should also step aside,” he said.

He stated that the current development was akin to the manner the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and his Deputy, Ike Ekweremadu, were intimidated and charged to court for alleged forgery until they stood their grounds and the Federal Government beat a retreat by withdrawing the charges against them.

While he said corrupt judges have no business in the temple of justice, Adegboruwa added that the constitutionally approved organ, “the NJC, should be allowed to remove them, not the APC, not the DSS and definitely not Amaechi.” Uwazuruike in an interview with Sunday Telegraph, said the allegations against the ministers are weighty and the said ministers “should step aside for thorough investigation,” in order not to make a mockery of the anti-corruption war and the ‘Change Begins with Me’ programme.

“If you look at the Justice Ngwuta’s allegation, he was very pointed, telling the Chief Justice of the Federation: ‘My Lord, may I recall one morning when I pleaded not to be on the Panel of Rivers Governorship Appeal? My Lord, you said I was already on the panel and asked me why I made that request to be excluded.

When I explained what transpired the previous night, Your Lordship said Amaechi had also attempted to influence other justices,’ that means that the CJN was aware of the issue right from the beginning.

“Amaechi and the Chief of Staff to the President, who has been named in one or two cases of corruption, should be asked to step aside and thorough investigations carried out on this matter,” Uwazuruike said. He added, “This battle is against the independence of the judiciary. Since 1999, there had been attempts to deal with the judiciary.

The then President Olusegun Obasanjo tried it and you remember that there was a time the Supreme Court was burgled. That is the point I am making.” Gbilekaa said the President needs to show greater seriousness with the war on corruption by ensuring that prominent members of the APC accused of corruption are probed.

“He should also probe other non-PDP members. People have mentioned Rotimi Amaechi, his Minister of Transportation; Babatunde Fashola, the Minister of Works and Housing and several other names.

Of course, people who say the Buhari’s anti-corruption war is lopsided are quite right; we are not blind; we have eyes and we are seeing. So, as Nigerians, we know what is happening, it is one sided. Corruption should not be a party alphabet,” he said.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/judges-bombshell-fear-grips-buharis-men/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by sarrki(m): 7:26am On Oct 23, 2016
Observing

2 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by yeyeboi(m): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by saintkel(m): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2016
If only Buhari would do dis then he will earn d trust of most Nigerians

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by CoolFreeday(m): 7:36am On Oct 23, 2016
" the manipulation by the APC,
which was a beautiful bride of the judiciary
over the year"

how many years have APC been in power, bias and unbalance report. I don't support APC or anyone involved in bribery and corruption, anyone involved should be punished for it irrespective of the person's party.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by HtwoOw: 7:38am On Oct 23, 2016
saintkel:

Classic hate speech, several APC chieftains are currently being held or investigated , but i guess nothing is ever enough

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:41am On Oct 23, 2016
APC Members are Saints grin grin grin grin

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by blackpanda: 7:50am On Oct 23, 2016
They people calling for the removal of Amaechi are notorious haters of Buhari. Even before he became President, they have continued to show nothing but hatred for him, calling him names and even wishing him evil. These are not the people to be taken seriously or listened. At least, I wouldnt if I was Buhari. On the contrary, any advise these ones give is only to either undermine the President or ruin his administration. They are ne'er do wells and detractors.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by blackpanda: 7:53am On Oct 23, 2016
saintkel:

We already trust him.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Progressive01(m): 7:58am On Oct 23, 2016
Good, if they have questions to answer, let them do so with immediate effect. Nobody been remember me when dem been dey share stolen money.

Oya, Amaechi, Onu, make una go answer una papa names sharp sharp.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Progressive01(m): 8:01am On Oct 23, 2016
blackpanda:

We already trust him.
No mind iPod. cheesy

They desperately wanna see Amaechi's fall so they can stand over him and say "ntoor". cheesy

It doesn't matter to them whether he is guilty or not, they simply want his head for being instrumental in the downfall of their Ineffectual Buffoon. grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Eggcelent(m): 8:09am On Oct 23, 2016
PMB's anti-corruption "war" is not all embracing. Dropping the likes of Amaechi, Onu & Mama Taraba from his cabinet will be a good start

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 23, 2016
saintkel:
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Oldlayez: 8:13am On Oct 23, 2016
saintkel:

If only o

But Bubu is partially Deaf.

Sorry.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 23, 2016
CoolFreeday:
" the manipulation by the APC,
which was a beautiful bride of the judiciary
over the year"

how many years have APC been in power, bias and unbalance report. I don't support APC or anyone involved in bribery and corruption, anyone involved should be punished for it irrespective of the person's party.
ACN metamorphosis to APC that's what they mean

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 23, 2016
blackpanda:

We already trust him.
Say you trust him not "We"

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Mujaheeeden: 8:17am On Oct 23, 2016
blackpanda:
They people calling for the removal of Amaechi are notorious haters of Buhari. Even before he became President, they have continued to show nothing but hatred for him, calling him names and even wishing him evil. These are not the people to be taken seriously or listened. At least, I wouldnt if I was Buhari. On the contrary, any advise these ones give is only to either undermine the President or ruin his administration. They are ne'er do wells and detractors.
Can't you just shut up. You sound so pathetic

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Mujaheeeden: 8:20am On Oct 23, 2016
Progressive01:
No mind iPod. cheesy

They desperately wanna see Amaechi's fall so they can stand over him and say "ntoor". cheesy

It doesn't matter to them whether he is guilty or not, they simply want his head for being instrumental in the downfall of their Ineffectual Buffoon. grin
These are the type of people we engage in political rigmarole with on Nl.God help you

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by blackpanda: 8:20am On Oct 23, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Say you trust him not "We"

WE

3 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by omofunaab(m): 8:30am On Oct 23, 2016
Progressive01:
No mind iPod. cheesy

You can't predict those guys.
The narrative might change especially if buhari should suspend only Dr ogbonanya onu and ameachi .

They can change their narrative to buhari hates the south, what about buratanshi, dambazzau etc

Those guys funny gan, who could have thought they will be the ones offering free legal aid to dasuki here on nairaland despite their hatred for anything north.

Infact when they started defending femi fani kakayode that was when I gave up on them.

They are controlled by emotions ,they create what they want to believe themselves ,they create their own lies and believe in it themselves

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by kings09(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2016
Changes in dat cabinet need to be made in d interest of the economy n selective anti-corruption fight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by tuniski: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2016
blackpanda:
This is exactly how those leading the president to the gutters sound! You are not in anyway helping buhari asking him to ignore troubling allegations. May I add, u sound like those who will urge the president to lock up contrary views!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 23, 2016
Even the president is aware that Amaechi is corruption personified. PMB is only being careful considering the fact that Amaechi was an integral part of APC's success. The fact that the two judges stated in their letter that they reported the attempted bribery by Amaechi to the CJN before the raid is legally significant. Interestingly, the CJN has not denied the fact that the two Judges reported the case to him. In all the allegations flying around, the CJN has not been indicted for any corrupt practices and you cannot trace any ill gotten wealth to him. Zombies will say Amaechi has denied the allegation.......But I would rather believe the CJN than one million Amaechis!

In days to come, I can see PMB offloading Amaechi and trust Amaechi, he will start singing like a parrot against the president. The shameful thing is that the Zombies who are presently defending Amaechi will soon change gear and start castigating him. What a country!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by ourema(f): 8:52am On Oct 23, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
APC Members are Saints grin grin grin grin
The hight of political purity goes to my ex governor Rotimi Amaechi

2 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by blackpanda: 8:59am On Oct 23, 2016
tuniski:

This is exactly how those leading the president to the gutters sound! You are not in anyway helping the buhari asking him to ignore troubling allegations. May I add u sound like those who will urge the president to lock up contrary views!

No I did not say the President shld lock up contrary views. But there are simply some people hell bent on seeing the President fail. And they come with so called "advice" for him when their only aim is to destroy his administration. Thank God we have a strong President that doesnt listen to kitchen gossip. If u have any evidence indicting anybody then bring it out. But dont try to bring anybody down for ur selfish ulterior motives. Show us the evidence that amaechi personally diverted funds and I will be the first to scream for his removal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by chinjo(m): 9:05am On Oct 23, 2016
As far as I am concerned, the President is also corrupt. The receiver of a stollen good is also a thief. Buhari's election was funded with stolen money so he is also liable.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Progressive01(m): 9:05am On Oct 23, 2016
omofunaab:

You can't predict those guys.
The narrative might change especially if buhari should suspend only Dr ogbonanya onu and ameachi .

They can change their narrative to buhari hates the south, what about buratanshi, dambazzau etc

Those guys funny gan, who could have thought they will be the ones offering free legal aid to dasuki here on nairaland despite their hatred for anything north.

Infact when they started defending femi fani kakayode that was when I gave up on them.

They are controlled by emotions ,they create what they want to believe themselves ,they create their own lies and believe in it themselves
They are the worst set of criminals honestly!! They'd use it to galvanise/solidify their atache-by-force project saying he "hates South South and South East". gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Progressive01(m): 9:09am On Oct 23, 2016
They are controlled by emotions ,they create what they want to believe themselves, they create their own lies and believe in it
themselves.
Absolutely!! Such lies as those exposed here by BiafraudExposed being spread among themselves on facebook and radio biabia. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Ezestan1: 9:13am On Oct 23, 2016
Breeze Don blow fow yash Don open....I dey observe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 23, 2016
Progressive01:
Absolutely!! Such lies as those exposed here by BiafraudExposed being spread among themselves on facebook and radio biabia. cheesy

Nwa chineke... what of their 10 Russian helicopters. This ipob can lie tufiakwa...

If you're still deceived by IPOB watch my video i did your eyes must clear.

Biafra exposed by a Nairalander. Watch below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHZVm_a4Wk8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by Funlordjnr: 9:16am On Oct 23, 2016
Even me sef don dey fear, and I been no even see 1500 recharge card from all those billions oh?

PMB........End them one time!

undecided
Re: Fear Grips Buhari’s Men Over Judges' Bribery Allegations by tuniski: 9:25am On Oct 23, 2016
blackpanda:

No I did not say the President shld lock up contrary views. But there are simply some people hell bent on seeing the President fail. And they come with so called "advice" for him when their only aim is to destroy his administration. Thank God we have a strong President that doesnt listen to kitchen gossip. If u have any evidence indicting anybody then bring it out. But dont try to bring anybody down for ur selfish ulterior motives. Show us the evidence that amaechi personally diverted funds and I will be the first to scream for his removal
The president is a weakling. Didn't u hear his wife? People are making him what he is not from election time till now. Discerning citizens know otherwise. The man is just a figure head!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun / President Buhari Inspects Military Parade In Borno, Cuts Cake With Troops(video) / Kogi West: INEC Declares Election Inconclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.