Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,936 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Madness May Be Ruining A Marriage You Know! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Madness May Be Ruining A Marriage You Know! (846 Views)

Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / Items For A Marriage Introduction In Imo (Photos) / A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madness May Be Ruining A Marriage You Know! by Jazmiynne: 10:08am On Oct 23, 2016
#ItMayBeMadness! https://jazmiynne./2016/10/23/itmaybemadness

Primary 5 pupils were asked “What are the reasons for marital failure?” And oh my word! I just had a swell time laughing my heart out!

You need to see the different ideas the kids brought to the fore. Some said:

“When the love the couple have for themselves is gone”
“When the woman disrespects her husband”
“When the man gives his wife general gap” (I wonder what general gap means though!)
“When the man has another affair”
“Having another man or woman outside”
“When the man does not provide money for food”

In fact the list goes on…..

But one kid in particular struck me.

The kid said one reason for marital failure is:Madness!
According to the little boy, when one of them is mad the marriage can fail.

At first mention, the idea was funny! But really though, let’s think about what the boy said. If one partner is truly mentally mad, that could really affect a marriage, but even that can be overcome by true love and loyalty. However, consider these:

Is it not Madness when a husband ignores the gym room and comes home instead to exercise by pounding blows on his wife?

Is it not Madness when a woman publicly shames her husband, calling him names even in front of their little kids and neighbours?

Is it not Madness that would make ladies marry a man for his money and then later come to cry for lack of love?

Is it not Madness that would make a man marry a ‘figure 8’ lady expecting that she would remain same after 6 children?

Is it not Madness that would make you see a chain smoker, womaniser and/or alcoholic yet you go ahead to marry believing that just saying “I DO” would change his DNA?

Is it not Madness when a husband sleeps around with everything in skirt and still has the audacity to bring some of them to his matrimonial home?

Is it not Madness when a woman is raped by her very own husband?

Is it not Madness when a wife allows her Husband convince her into aborting pregnancies in the name of “we are not ready”?

Is it not Madness when a man refuses to cater for the financial responsibilities of his family?

Is it not Madness when a woman uses sex as punishment tool against her husband or where some would even demand monetary rewards for sexual intercourse with their own husband?

Is it not Madness when a woman determines on her own in her heart that her husband’s family are her enemies?

Is it not Madness that makes a man sleep with his wife’s sister and then go everywhere on social media asking for help? Oga who helped you when you were ‘getting down’?

In truth, “many are mad but only a few are roaming”.

You see, I think that child is a very intelligent pupil. He has wisdom beyond his years. What do you think?

You know of any more Madness that ruins marriages?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Madness May Be Ruining A Marriage You Know! by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 23, 2016
Hmmm. Its not only in d asylum that there are mad ppl o. There are many mad husbands and mad wives out there. God help us.
Re: Madness May Be Ruining A Marriage You Know! by Jazmiynne: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
There are many mad husbands and mad wives out there. God help us.

Amen o cheesy
Re: Madness May Be Ruining A Marriage You Know! by southernbelle(f): 12:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
Lol, but I wouldn't call it 'madness.'
Re: Madness May Be Ruining A Marriage You Know! by bamosagie(m): 12:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
southernbelle:
Lol, but I wouldn't call it 'madness.'

What will you call it?
Re: Madness May Be Ruining A Marriage You Know! by general111(m): 2:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
Its called kolomental not madness.
Re: Madness May Be Ruining A Marriage You Know! by inemani: 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
Madness is a complex word. On the other hand,
so Primary 5 pupils are being taught Marital Failure? Wonderful!

1 Like

Re: Madness May Be Ruining A Marriage You Know! by Jazmiynne: 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
inemani:
Madness is a complex word. On the other hand,
so Primary 5 pupils are being taught Marital Failure? Wonderful!

My thoughts exactly! I think it's a fine step in the right direction. Let's start from the grassroots to teach the children what is right. If we keep it up, perhaps the next generation would see fewer divorce rates

(1) (Reply)

"I Just Found Out My Dad Is Gay"-- Boy Cries Out.. / Help Your Advice Needed Please / LMAO! Boy Reveals What His Mum Did To His Hair Overnight (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.