Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. (5563 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Criticized For Holding Service At Canaanland Amid Covid-19 / Coronavirus: Apostle Kofi Nkrumah Sarkodie Arrested For Holding Church Service / Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by JackBizzle: 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
TomHagen:
Religion highly influenced by culture...

undecided
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by JackBizzle: 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
Winner01, you sabi argue like this?

I dey come with your own peppersoup. Please beer with me. cheesy
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by JackBizzle: 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
lepasharon:

Are you yoruba

IPOB. grin grin grin

Just kidding. I'm originally from Cameroun wink
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by MrMontella(m): 2:09pm On Oct 25, 2016
Tallesty1:
Are you aware that atheists also wasted the lives of many Christians?
he said religion has never for once hindered avancement..and i had to recall him to reality.
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by MrMontella(m): 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
winner01:

1)In islamic or atheistic countries, they enforce their foollishness on innocent people. You have christianity to forever thank for your freedom to spew B.S against christianity or anything.
i dont know where you're getting your myth's from tho...
BUT ATHEISM HAS A VOICE TODAY BECAUSE THEY BROKE-FREE----NOT SOME CHRISTIANITY B.S
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by lepasharon(f): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

IPOB. grin grin grin

Just kidding. I'm originally from Cameroun wink

Cameroon?
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by JackBizzle: 3:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
lepasharon:

Cameroon?

Republique de Cameroun wink

Je suis Nigerian
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by lepasharon(f): 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

Republique de Cameroun wink

Je suis Nigerian

I see. You are Nigerian and cameroonian..
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by JackBizzle: 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
lepasharon:

I see. You are Nigerian and cameroonian..

Saint Sharon of Lepa,

I lied. I'm sorry. smiley

100% Nigerian but not Yoruba cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by lepasharon(f): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

Saint Sharon of Lepa,

Lol, you are forgiven, sin no more
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

See more lies. The UK did not even exist until 1603 ad. The early people in the land now known as UK were saxon pagans. Go and read about the age of enlightenment in Europe and how religion faded during that time.

You enjoy throwing in red herrings ba ? Wetin concern age of enlightenment with our discussion ? Blatantly extraneous !

Please read and disabuse yourself of your ignorant suppositions

http://www.arian-catholic.org/arian/firstchurchinbritain.html

Nigeria did not exist till 1960 officially but we all say that the slave masters came to Nigeria as early as the 16th century . undecided

Preponderant? Jesus, you like big words.......

So ?

Anyhow, These countries are highly secular. Norway has removed the Lutheran church as the state church- it has no official religion. Guy, do some reading. These countries are secular.

The Lutheran Church is still the official religion of Norway but the bill to separate the state from the church will be enacted by January 2017 which means that Norway's church will now become an independent legal entity . Meanwhile 80 percent of Norway's population are officially adherents of Christianity . Just last two months or so the Church offered the public a chance to opt out of the church and only less than 35,000 Norwegians opted out - leaving over 4 million Norwegians currently as members of the Church

Just try and preach in a bus in any of these countries and you will be thrown out of the bus.

You say the stupidest things on this forum grin .

Communism is not atheism. Do you need a dictionary?

Communism is an atheistic ideology . Variants of communism or Marxist-Leninist ideology tend to attach theological or political roots that's all .
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2016
lepasharon:

Lol, you are forgiven, since no more

Hey baby kiss
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by winner01(m): 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
MrMontella:

i dont know where you're getting your myth's from tho...
BUT ATHEISM HAS A VOICE TODAY BECAUSE THEY BROKE-FREE----NOT SOME CHRISTIANITY B.S

Lol. Broke free from what undecided
Just imagine islam had the type of population or power christianity has today.
Imagine your version of militant atbeism had the type of population or power christianity has today.

Face it. Christianity teaches tolerance, that is why secularism can be ushered into countries that once had state religions (christianity). In islam, this is not the case. We have history to thank for exposing atheistic countries too.

So guy, You ddnt break free from anything. Infact, your voice is minute. If christianity was as wild as islam or militant atheism. You either be quiet or dead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by CHARLOE(m): 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
Brigham:
You guys are getting it all wrong

Religion is not to be blamed for the moral weakness and wickedness of our leaders.

Religion is a sort of system that provides an escape for real life issues and when the societal burden becomes smothering, religion teaches that unseen supernatural forces are responsible for our problems.

Instead of religious youths to protest against unemployment or lockdown the street because of corruption,they go to church to pray and fast for non existing jobs.

Witches and wizards are blamed for misfortunes and for our wrong choices and misdeed.
Don't u think you're contradicting yourself? Cos @ d end u still blamed religion as d root cause of our problems
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by MrMontella(m): 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
winner01:
Lol. Broke free from what undecided
from the political power of christianity....

Just imagine islam had the type of population or power christianity has today.
Imagine your version of militant atbeism had the type of population or power christianity has today.
christianity has once had the power and we saw what it could do with it---very dangerous
so we had to stop it...
History speaks for itself

Face it. Christianity teaches tolerance, that is why secularism can be ushered into countries that once had state religions (christianity). In islam, this is not the case. We have history to thank for exposing atheistic countries too.
thanks to history for making us realise that given christianity political power is deadly..
Secularism has nothing to do with christianity..stop the lie

So guy, You ddnt break free from anything. Infact, your voice is minute. If christianity was as wild as islam or militant atheism. You either be quiet or dead.
we've seen what christianity can do when its given the power and control it wants..
We wont try that again bro...stop hoping for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
JackBizzle:

Saint Sharon of Lepa,

I think she likes you wink . But it depends on your tribe if anything between you guys will materialize
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by JackBizzle: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
winner01:
1) Re read my initial answer to you, the problem of Nigeria and the world remain individuals who revere neither God nor human life.

2)Enlightenment was ushered in to major parts of the world by religion. Religion has never been dying, it has been growing monstrously. You can make yourself happy anyway. Those countries along with other world powers have more religious people than non religious people and are still progressing. Your logic does not work.

3) If you preached atheism like you are doin here, you'd be considered a psycho too. Well, thats the tolerance that atheism offers. Those countries remain secular or irreligious, they are not atheistic. We have had atheistic countries and we still have some, we know how terribly inhuman they are.

4) Christianity, politics, tribalism etc have been used for war. Atheism has been used to destroy the lives of millions in ways christianity could never imagine. Anything can be used for war. However, christianity has been used to acheive world peace and democracy in ways other ideologies could only marvel at.

5)Atheism is a religion. The no-godd religion. Even if it was not a religion, the way you and other folks here are religiously devoted to atheism speaks volume.

6) Christianity is the reason why secularism thrives. In islamic or atheistic countries, they enforce their foollishness on innocent people. You have christianity to forever thank for your freedom to spew B.S against christianity or anything.

1) The problem of Nigeria is corruption. If it was because people dont fear God, Sweden, Denmark and Germany would be useless countries since most of them (average of 45% of their populations) do not believe in god or are religious.

2) The enlightenment era of Europe was anti-religious. My guy, please go and read history books. See? You are a case of religion forcing someone to be afraid of knowledge. Open a history book or google "enlightenment period".

3) You can't preach atheism. There are no holy books of atheism and neither are there doctrines. My point still stands- if you try to preach on the bus in any of the top 5 developed countries in the world, you will get thrown out of the bus with your bible. Dem no even born Jesus make him try salvation for inside bus in those countries.

4) Has atheism been used to enslave millions of Africans?No but christianity has. There is a good side of christianity and there is a bad side.

5) Atheism is not a religion. If atheism is a religion, then Obasanjo's bald head is a hair colour. Theism itself is not a religion, how then is atheism a religion

6) Secularism is a result of secularists and humanists not christians or christianity. Afterall, your favourite country (North Korea) is technically a secular country. What about Japan? Did christians make Japan popular?

winner01:

The Bible records the history of isrealites and the jewish encyclopaedia as quoted by an atheist like you has made us to understand that slavery in the days of the isrealites is nothing like todays notion of slavery.

The new testament was a record of Jesus' life and actions and also some letters to the church. I dont think the Bible cares about what you want to be there or not. We are christians, Christ gave a commandment: Love your neighbour as yourself.

LIES!!!

The biblical era was a barbaric time. Stoning was normal until Jesus came along. And you are telling me that their slavery was somehow better than slavery in the 18th century? You dey mad? Weren't slaves property of their masters in the bible?

Didn't an apostle in the new testament return a slave (onesimus) to his master?

winner01:

We all have native names. If you were a sincere person, your moniker wont be JackBizzle. It would reflect your traditional heritage.

I dont care what pastors do. I only care what Jesus did and is doing.

JackBizzle na Nigerian name. Why not practise what you preach undecided

Okay....I rename myself Ogbologbo of Bizzle 1.

winner01:

But you've been using strawman fallacies to uphold your hate na undecided The Church promotes love for fellow humans as christ commanded. That is what a church should do.
Universities do not engage in family planning undecided See how that sounds. undecided
Stop being silly, Many churches engage in sex education, godly dating and other forms of leisure and enlightenment.
If an illiterate decides to have 20 children despite education, the church wont reject him like atheism. We dont reject people.

The church has brainwashed Nigerians as the best advisers on family matters. They do all kinds of counselling for children, for marriage for youth etc......but they hate family planning, abortion and condoms. The churches are partly to blame for this mess. No strawman.

winner01:

We are descendants of Adam not monkeys. Adam was not Jewish. Stop being angry.

Churches do not have time to talk about evolution or other lies. Evolution is untrue, just like the infinity universe theory which was generally accepted by the scientific community was found to be untrue.

Pastor Adeboye or anbody can walk with their heads upside down for all I care as long as God is involved.

Oyedepo does not slap witches for Jesus

A woman and a man should be able to pray and commune with God.
You will keep being angry for a longer time.

Adam is Jewish/Hebrew name. What is the meaning of Adam? Is it not translated from Hebrew?

How can you as a Nigerian man be a descendant of a Jew when your cultures and dna history are older than Jewish culture? See how religion has made you dull?

Oyedepo did slap a girl who claimed to be a witch for Jesus! Or is Oyedepo your daddy GO? eh?

winner01:

Your question is unimportant to me. The question should be "Did Christ command a pilgrimage to isreal or not?"

Do politicians spend money meant for roads on leisure? Well, yes. Does this mean leisure is wrong? No.
Do politicians spend money for govt. projects to build personal estates? Yes. Does this mean building personal estates is wrong? No.

The problem is not only corruption, the problem is with people who neither care about God nor their fellow humans.
Remove your blindfold and Look further than religion for once.

The churches of today are greedy. Let them fast and not receive tithe for forty days and forty nights. Jesus never tithed, you know.

Why should a church accept millions from a politician whose salary is in thousands? grin grin

winner01:

We are a chosen generation called forth to show his excellence. We love isreal and you'd have to go kill yourself on that

No one has a real pic of Jesus. I trust the accounts of Akaine Kramarik and Bob Colton as well as Anna Beams description of Jesus more.
I dont know any white Jesus. I know Jesus, the saviour of the world.

You love isreal. Well, isreal is quite a racist country. Isreal does not love you back. There are good isrealli people but their government....oh, their govt is a real piece of work.

You see white Jesus everywhere in Nigeria. In churches, stickers on cars, pictures in houses. Jesus is portrayed as a white italian. Shame.

We have been mind-enslaved by religion with inferiority complex towards whites.
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by JackBizzle: 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I think she likes you wink . But it depends on your tribe if anything between you guys will materialize

Miss Lepasharon? you dey hear?

But why so tribal? Love can come from any tribe or country. kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by JackBizzle: 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You enjoy throwing in red herrings ba ? Wetin concern age of enlightenment with our discussion ? Blatantly extraneous !

Please read and disabuse yourself of your ignorant suppositions

http://www.arian-catholic.org/arian/firstchurchinbritain.html

Nigeria did not exist till 1960 officially but we all say that the slave masters came to Nigeria as early as the 16th century . undecided

I haff die! Kingebuka don finish me! cry

I humbly take correction, sir.

KingEbukasBlog:

The Lutheran Church is still the official religion of Norway but the bill to separate the state from the church will be enacted by January 2017 which means that Norway's church will now become an independent legal entity . Meanwhile 80 percent of Norway's population are officially adherents of Christianity . Just last two months or so the Church offered the public a chance to opt out of the church and only less than 35,000 Norwegians opted out - leaving over 4 million Norwegians currently as members of the Church

undecided

Ogbeni, just drop the act. I destroyed you on this point. Calm down and take correction like I did earlier. There are 1 billion catholics in the world but it is estimated that not up to 500 million are active. Membership is one thing, belief is another. On paper, I am still a catholic because they use baptismal records.

Guy, Norway is one of the most irreligious countries in Europe, don't be stoopid!

KingEbukasBlog:

You say the stupidest things on this forum grin .

If it is soo stupid, why not go and preach on the bus in Europe? Let's see if you finish either the bus ride or your sermon.

KingEbukasBlog:

Communism is an atheistic ideology . Variants of communism or Marxist-Leninist ideology tend to attach theological or political roots that's all .

And so?
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2016
JackBizzle:

I haff die! Kingebuka don finish me! cry
I humbly take correction, sir.

Well done bro . Its for your own good . There are so much nonsense you and your ilks say that need looking into grin

undecided

Ogbeni, just drop the act. I destroyed you on this point. Calm down and take correction like I did earlier. There are 1 billion catholics in the world but it is estimated that not up to 500 million are active. Membership is one thing, belief is another. On paper, I am still a catholic because they use baptismal records.

Guy, Norway is one of the most irreligious countries in Europe, don't be stoopid!

Nwanna , ezigbo enyi m , you have no proof that Norway is irreligious . Norway is a Christian country . I think you should read the history of Christianity in Norway and see how staunchly they adhere to Christianity - they even had to merge the church and the state at some point in their history to show how deeply religious they are .

They are now willing to separate the church and the state because of the pressure from secularism of other big European states - it sees the integration of the state and the church as a superannuated system .

If it is soo stupid, why not go and preach on the bus in Europe? Let's see if you finish either the bus ride or your sermon.

You need to watch Youtube videos of Christians preaching in Buses , streets , parks in these European countries .

And so?

Communism has always been an atheistic ideology . And atheists are the perpetrators of those despicable acts against humanity . They killed in the name of atheism .
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by JhyMedex: 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2016
Tallesty1:
But saying that religion is the reason we haven't revolted is totally false and unacceptable.
2 place the blame solely on religion isn't particular articulate..
Yet u must admit dt religion is a major factor at play here..
The xtians will bring up d issue of turning d other cheek or given away ur shirt wen Sum1 takes ur trousers..

Dis kinda teachings tho good in themselves remove d need 2 demand 4 ur ryt..
U allow them do dis heinous things n still get away without a scratch... Cos God will fyt 4 u Yl dey go around picking ur bones dry...
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by JhyMedex: 8:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
...and I tend to disagree. The statement is nothing but an exaggeration of the effects of religion in this country.
He might av exaggerated d pt..
Bt u'll admit dt dere's no reaction without a cause...
Nigerians r docile.. N religion has 2 take a large chunk of d reason y...
It preaches belief dt God will fyt 4 d poor..
Bt u'll agree dt d stark reality is quite different...
The recession is stepping hard on the throat of the common man... Yl d polithiefcians continue bathing in luxury...

Bt no worries.. God go punish dem.. (been saying dt since tym immemorial.. N d polithiefcians keep innovating novel ways to steal)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by Isaacmacdon(m): 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
kingcity:
science have been able to explain how babies are formed in the womb, we understand how our body works through science, infact science have been able to explain things which couldn't b4 now...you are talking to me now because of science, what have religion done for you and me?
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by Isaacmacdon(m): 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
kingcity:
science have been able to explain how babies are formed in the womb, we understand how our body works through science, infact science have been able to explain things which couldn't b4 now...you are talking to me now because of science, what have religion done for you and me?
did you just that question?
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by Isaacmacdon(m): 10:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
JackBizzle:

Do you really think atheists live without limits? That they have no morality in them?

So, in other words, you believe that I, as an atheist, will have no problem with tracking your ip address and driving down to come and shoot you so that your religiously infected brain splatters all over your keyboard?

Be careful what you believe
Futile efforts to drag me down your infested mindset. That's the best you can put up? Hilarious and lame just like your father was. I guess you know who he is?
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by Vick4rill(m): 12:26am On Oct 29, 2016
Seun:
My beef with religion is that it promotes this mindset: "I know I am right and nothing you can say or show me could possibly change my mind".
And what of Atheist?
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by JackBizzle: 5:47am On Oct 29, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
Futile efforts to drag me down your infested mindset. That's the best you can put up? Hilarious and lame just like your father was. I guess you know who he is?

I see that my last post shook you up, no wonder you are now babbling about fathers- be they spiritual or otherwise.

Goodbye.
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by Isaacmacdon(m): 5:57am On Oct 29, 2016
JackBizzle:

I see that my last post shook you up, no wonder you are now babbling about fathers- be they spiritual or otherwise.

Goodbye.
shook me up? You wish. I've got alot worthy of shaking me up, e.g The doom that's awaiting the world you so much crave and also the fact that people like you are heading down that dark path.
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by ScienceWatch: 11:06pm On Nov 07, 2016
Atheism can be defined as a psychological inability to consider scientifically verifiable evidence other than that which suits you.

For example, to keep it simple so as not to confuse the atheists, it is a well known fact that the distance to earth from the sun and moon is exactly right for life on earth to exit. Their response will be, " yeh the big bang was very intelligent." Do you see why it is impossible for atheists to accept miracles even if it is happening in their presence.

Enough of this vicious atheist trap! It is time for healthy minds to experience the ultimate TRUTH as it unfolds in the Scoan Church Nigeria.

The time in now ! These vicious Pentecostal leaders and CAN will have to admit in secret that “truly Christ is risen” and is alive still.

Thorough biblical exploration would reveal many of God’s people with no record or register of human mentorship. Who was the mentor of Jeremiah, who the Bible says God called right from his mother’s womb?
Who is the Holy Prophet TB Joshua’s mentor ?
Who was the mentor of John the Baptist, sent from above to prepare the way for the Saviour?
Who was the mentor of Apostle Paul, who was blinded on the road to Damascus while intent on the destruction of Christians, subsequently to become a leading figure in New Testament Christianity?

What about Moses, Elijah or King David?
Human backing and tuition are clearly not a qualification for divine assignments.
No other pastor in history has ever been so thoroughly scrutinized as today’s internationally verified Prophet TB. Joshua.
History is full of examples of men being used by the Almighty without human mentorship. This awe inspiring event is not isolated to the instance of The Holy Prophet TB Joshua.

WARNING ! Nigeria must not make the same foolish mistake as the Jews. . Jesus said of them, "Satan will not and can not work against himself. "

Two thousand years later history repeats itself. The Jews rejected the Messiah, today the godless CAN & Pentecostal PFN leaders continue its terrible attacks on the Holy Scoan Church, Nigeria.
These fake church leaders are behaving the same way the so-called Jewish church leaders of Jesus time behaved. When these fake Pharisees/ holy church men said to Jesus that he is doing all the miracles because satan gives him the power to do it. Jesus said of them, "satan will not and can not work against himself. "

The Pentecostal leaders are behaving just like the godless and fake Pharisee churchmen who said to Jesus that no one taught him, meaning no one ordained Jesus, so where did he get the authority to be priest/ Pastor/ healer, etc. All this, show that the Jesus, the sent Messiah is again on trial today.

The time in now ! These vicious Pentecostal leaders and CAN will have to admit in secret that “truly Christ is risen” and is alive still. When Church leader are too blind to understand Prophet TB Joshua and the biblical and scientific evidence of the Healing, Signs and Wonders coming directly from the international testimonies of thousands upon thousands of people and Pastors of all religions that has been to the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria.

JackBizzle:

1) What kind of ignorant Nigerian are you to even argue that Nigeria's problem is not corruption? Greed and corruption have different meanings- please use a dictionary. This is not a point to be debated.

2) Religion started dying when America and Europe were progressing. Enlightenment and industrialization were not religious phenomena. Afterall, when Europe and America were religious, women couldnt vote, slavery was allowed, blasphemy laws were in place. Go and read history, boy.

3) Those countries are secular with a huge number of atheist. If you preached on the bus in any of those countries, you would be thrown out.

4) Christianity is a tool just like any other religion. Both christianity and islam have been used for war and peace. The crusades were a clear example for christian wars. Islam too has a lot of wars on its hands. You just only see the good side of religion not the bad.

5) Atheism is not a religion. Although, there were secular abolitionists of slavery if you dont know. Slavery in some countries was started by christians too. No escaping that. Our colonial slavemasters were christians. No escaping that.

6) Secularism is the reason why atheism is tolerated. If the church ran this country like the vatican, we can expect a lot of oppression from you guys. Secularism allows all religions/beliefs to prosper with no one given special treatment. We run a broken secularism in southern Nigeria.

Lies. Does the bible not tell you that you can beat a slave as long as you dont disfigure him or her? Why do you like to lie? It is in your old testament.

The new testament does not even say anything against slavery. Why isnt anti-slavery in the ten commandments?

What are you saying.....your last president's name was Goodluck Jonathan. His native name (Ebele) was not even that important to put as his first name. grin grin

We all know that christians and muslims enjoy destroying shrines. How many threads have we seen pastors doing so? Abegi....just stop the lies.

Herbert Macaulay and David Oyedepo no be yoruba? David na yoruba name?

What is my business with olympics? Stop the strawman.

The church and christianity promotes ignorance. Churches mostly do not engage in family planning. They hate promoting the use of condoms. They like baby dedication and blessings.

-Will you sharrap. Nigerian artifacts have been carbon dated to 400bc. Black people from Africa remain the oldest set of humans and so how can we descendants of some Jewish guy called Adam or Abraham?

-Many churches preach a lot of ignorance;-anti-evolution, child witches, witches from village, etc

-What of Pastor Adeboye who said that he drove for miles on an empty tank?

-Oyedepo that claims that he slaps witches for Jesus?

-TB Joshua that claims that Russian/American planes bombed his building that fell?

-Pastors that say that preach that wives who cannot pray for 2 hours are not good wives?

What are you arguing. Do christian not go for pilgrimage in Isreal with government money?

Haven't politicians been caught tithing with government money and the churches accept it?

Like a religiously confused person, you believe that a country is a chosen one by God. Nevermind that the country (isreal) is one of the most racist countries in the world. A country keen on bullying others on their own land.

Sharrap. which church is that? Sha, any church in Nigeria that has a pic of Jesus in Nigeria is always white. Praise white Jesus

Haha, I am not yoruba and neither am I a dog

1 Like

Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 13, 2016
Why is this thread not even on front page.
OAM4J, lalasticlala
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by ScienceWatch: 11:13am On Dec 19, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Atheism can be defined as a psychological inability to consider scientifically verifiable evidence other than that which suits you.

For example, to keep it simple so as not to confuse the atheists, it is a well known fact that the distance to earth from the sun and moon is exactly right for life on earth to exit. Their response will be, " yeh the big bang was very intelligent." Do you see why it is impossible for atheists to accept miracles even if it is happening in their presence.

Enough of this vicious atheist trap! It is time for healthy minds to experience the ultimate TRUTH as it unfolds in the Scoan Church Nigeria.

The time in now ! These vicious Pentecostal leaders and CAN will have to admit in secret that “truly Christ is risen” and is alive still.

Thorough biblical exploration would reveal many of God’s people with no record or register of human mentorship. Who was the mentor of Jeremiah, who the Bible says God called right from his mother’s womb?
Who is the Holy Prophet TB Joshua’s mentor ?
Who was the mentor of John the Baptist, sent from above to prepare the way for the Saviour?
Who was the mentor of Apostle Paul, who was blinded on the road to Damascus while intent on the destruction of Christians, subsequently to become a leading figure in New Testament Christianity?

What about Moses, Elijah or King David?
Human backing and tuition are clearly not a qualification for divine assignments.
No other pastor in history has ever been so thoroughly scrutinized as today’s internationally verified Prophet TB. Joshua.
History is full of examples of men being used by the Almighty without human mentorship. This awe inspiring event is not isolated to the instance of The Holy Prophet TB Joshua.

WARNING ! Nigeria must not make the same foolish mistake as the Jews. . Jesus said of them, "Satan will not and can not work against himself. "

Two thousand years later history repeats itself. The Jews rejected the Messiah, today the godless CAN & Pentecostal PFN leaders continue its terrible attacks on the Holy Scoan Church, Nigeria.
These fake church leaders are behaving the same way the so-called Jewish church leaders of Jesus time behaved. When these fake Pharisees/ holy church men said to Jesus that he is doing all the miracles because satan gives him the power to do it. Jesus said of them, "satan will not and can not work against himself. "

The Pentecostal leaders are behaving just like the godless and fake Pharisee churchmen who said to Jesus that no one taught him, meaning no one ordained Jesus, so where did he get the authority to be priest/ Pastor/ healer, etc. All this, show that the Jesus, the sent Messiah is again on trial today.

The time in now ! These vicious Pentecostal leaders and CAN will have to admit in secret that “truly Christ is risen” and is alive still. When Church leader are too blind to understand Prophet TB Joshua and the biblical and scientific evidence of the Healing, Signs and Wonders coming directly from the international testimonies of thousands upon thousands of people and Pastors of all religions that has been to the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria.

After closely examining JACKBEZZLE'S mad ravings, I hope he has now taken his Vallium tablets.

After giving JACKBEZZLE a hearing, we all realize the terrible inner suffering of the atheist/agnostic/deist.
God will not be mocked !

New information from a 22-year old study at a German University has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism/ deism, agnosticsm is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing. Atheists or people who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness:

“There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient.”

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.
Murderers like Hitler and Stalin were also atheists.

Doctors are searching for a gene [/b]that might cause a correlation between serious mental illness and what they are calling “overt atheism.”

[b]Emmanuel TV is a golden opportunity for Deists/atheists/agnostics world wide to study freely in private and examine the evidence. They will make progress if they put aside their racism. God is revealing Himself mightily through a black man. Examine the evidence not the man's color !
Re: How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. by Zenlife: 10:45pm On Dec 19, 2016
Falsehoods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Invisibility Spell "Charm" Live Demonstration (video) / 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of / Picking And Choosing What Bible Verses To Obey Among Christians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.