Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,906 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) (80812 Views)

Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Rolls-Royce Of The Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (Photos) / Oba Ewuare Rides In His Rolls Royce For Thanksgiving. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Qmerit(m): 4:20am On Oct 24, 2016
JuanDeDios:

OK. But what's the palace's business what time I choose to bury my dead?

my brother there is palace biz cause it is called tradition/culture, on saturday here 5 persons and musician were arrested in one primary school
by some palace chiefs simply cause they doing burial why correlation was on, palm front placed on the food, canopies and the band and that alone is forbidden.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Greatken007(m): 4:40am On Oct 24, 2016
In Every social Society there is class... Because people are poor doesn't stop the oba from riding good cars or looking good. If he had gone for Golf 2 people will still raise dust. I also doubt if the cash was from his pocket, every Kingdom will want the best for their King (Oba).

2 Likes

Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by musicwriter(m): 4:58am On Oct 24, 2016
AreaFada2:

See hypocrisy.

Oyinbo carted away your people into slavery too, something Benin people were largely spared of, and I hope you're walking around town with a native woven loin cloth around your waist. No T-shirt, no jeans, no trousers, no suits, nothing.

I hope the device you are using to post here was carved from an obeche tree in your family yard. I also hope you had your education from KG to university in your native language & you're posting your comments here in your "aga iga uga" language. grin cheesy shocked
And finally, you walk from your hamlet/village or town t work. No bicycle, no cars, no train, no bus & no using aeroplane.

In a hurry to conclude, you had not time to see that Oba of Benin is written in Benin language too. And aside 1170 AD, nothing else is written in English.

How people can have a massive iroko log wood in their eye & point at someone's little speck is beyond me. shocked shocked

I hope this's a parody area father and not Charles Oputa, cause if you're I'll consider you brain-dead henceforth.

Be informed, once upon a time in human history Africa was the most advanced continent. When the Dutch first arrived Benin kingdom around the 1600 century they were so shocked about the rate of development they saw over here, so much that their expedition leader had to report back to Europe saying ''The town seem to be very great. When you enter into it you go into a great broad street, well paved, which seems to be seven or eight times broader than the Warmoes street in Amsterdam.

The king’s palace is a collection of buildings which occupy as much space as the town of Harlem, and which is enclosed with walls. There are numerous apartments for the Prince’s ministers and fine galleries, most of which are as big as those on the exchange at Amsterdam. They are supported by wooden pillars encased with copper, where their victories are depicted, and which are carefully kept very clean.

The town is composed of thirty main streets, very straight and 120 feet wide, apart from an infinity of small intersecting streets. The houses are close to one another, arranged in good order. These people are in no way inferior to the Dutch. They wash and scrub their houses so well that they are polished and shinning like glass''.
And this scenario wasn't peculiar to Benin Kingdom. The Ashanti king in ancient Ghana kingdom was so rich that his official seat was made of REAL gold. Africa was extremely very prosperous before Europe made contact with us.

There were no significant difference between development in Africa and Europe by the time Europeans made contact with us. In fact, we were already leading in arts, in anything that had to do with sculpture. As a matter of fact, the British stole a lot of artworks from Oba Ovonramwen palace after they captured the king in 1897 or thereabout. Why would they want to steal a substandard artwork?.

Nobody was walking around naked in Africa, unless of course those in remote villages, and its still like that in many parts of the world. Europeans did not bring us dress and dressing!. Its not in record in anywhere, unless of course brainwashing education has fed YOU the lie. There're still cultures in Asia, Africa, South America that haven't made contact with modern civilization and are walking around naked. The neanderthals in Europe, and even in the medieval times in Europe also walked naked.

Let me tell you......The British actually killed the textile industry in all their colonies in order to encourage import from European manufacturers. Booming textile industries were destroyed from India, Malaysia, Africa in order to create market for Europe. That's what slavery and colonialism was all about- resource control.

Binis were the first people to develop copper or brass cast artwork, long before Europeans or any of the known world at the time. This's something that would've evolved into 3D cast early enough. We were already on that path!. Bini and Oyo artworks were so superior to Europeans at that time, such that they were massively stolen. And till today our artworks are still subject of display in museums in Europe and across the world. In fact, white people have refused to return artworks stolen from Bini empire, cause they're so precious. One university in Britain (Jesuit college) still use a stolen African art till today as its school emblem.

But everything changed once Europe made contact with us around 1400 AD. We became conquered and were no longer in charge of our destiny. Instead of developing our lands, African natural and human resources were being used to develop Europe. Therefore, we lost steam and were thrown into total darkness as a people for over 400 years!. But, within this 400 years Europe entered the age of technology and industrial revolution, all made possible by exploitation of Africa. Trains were built, cars built, advance in physics, chemistry, biology, e.t.c happened within this period, but sadly Africa was never a part of this technological revolution. That's why we cannot build our own car!. That's why we cannot build our own airplanes!!. Just imagine where a people could not make a single development for 400 years!.

Worst of it all is that before leaving they installed a brainwashing education to keep YOU in perpetual imperial control in absentia- which is the reason you have no problem the king ordering cars from the descendants of people that exiled his forefather. One of the reason for our current situation is as a result of many years of imperial intimidation and fake education/mis-education given to people like YOU who no longer believe we had a life before we met Europeans.

If we didn't have contact with Europe we would have advanced as much as Japan- one nation that was relatively immune from slavery. If we didn't meet Europeans we would have of course speak and write in our native languages.

Please go read ''How Europe underdeveloped Africa'' by Dr. Walter Rodney.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by oloriooko(m): 5:32am On Oct 24, 2016
The car is not that expensive it's about 500,000 USD
Cool ride Sha!
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by calcal: 5:35am On Oct 24, 2016
What happen to made in Nigeria car?
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by JuanDeDios: 6:15am On Oct 24, 2016
Qmerit:

my brother there is palace biz cause it is called tradition/culture, on saturday here 5 persons and musician were arrested in one primary school
by some palace chiefs simply cause they doing burial why correlation was on, palm front placed on the food, canopies and the band and that alone is forbidden.
It's none of the palace's business. I guess you tradition folks won't see it that way. I support culture and all but they should make sense. If those 5 go to court those chiefs would end up paying damages.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by abudabu: 7:04am On Oct 24, 2016
fallout87:
Stolen government money was used to buy this car.

Yet you people are praising this.

It is like when APC steals you people think it is great for your country.

you are right
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by abudabu: 7:10am On Oct 24, 2016
jumobi1:

I apologize. I misread.
But if Oba II did thAt then it seems backwards. I wonder how he wants to justify it.

you are sensible and not opinionated .
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Born2Breed(f): 7:55am On Oct 24, 2016
AreaFada2:

See hypocrisy.

Oyinbo carted away your people into slavery too, something Benin people were largely spared of, and I hope you're walking around town with a native woven loin cloth around your waist. No T-shirt, no jeans, no trousers, no suits, nothing.

I hope the device you are using to post here was carved from an obeche tree in your family yard. I also hope you had your education from KG to university in your native language & you're posting your comments here in your "aga iga uga" language. grin cheesy shocked
And finally, you walk from your hamlet/village or town t work. No bicycle, no cars, no train, no bus & no using aeroplane.

In a hurry to conclude, you had not time to see that Oba of Benin is written in Benin language too. And aside 1170 AD, nothing else is written in English.

How people can have a massive iroko log wood in their eye & point at someone's little speck is beyond me. shocked shocked

Don't mind these hypocritical ignoramus. They use the same white man technology daily and are here spewing nonsensical trash.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by RillJ(m): 7:56am On Oct 24, 2016
May your descendants never inherit your unfounded and debased vituperations
May your folks have the fortitude to bear your disgraceful and self-afflicted idiocy
May whoever placed this curse on you find the compassion to forgive you
May you grow out of this contentious and misguided mouthing
May the Almighty God cure you of this execrable odium and palpable ignorance

anonimi:
I thought that the Benin Kingdom was so rooted in its own tradition and had plenty of MAGICAL powers.
Why would the King need a car from oyinbo people who captured his ancestor and sent him on exile
Is he and Benin people so shameless with absolutely no dignity whatsoever for themselves?

[img]http://revealinghistories.org.uk/inc/img.php/tpl/uploads/images/galleries/403/kingofbenin1.jpg/371/1/fill[/img]

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by gabplanet(m): 8:05am On Oct 24, 2016
some pipo in dis forum re clearly mumucious pipo, they talk for talking sack, is it a sin for an Oba to buy rolls royce. The Oba of Benin ( Oba Ewuare II) is not a poverty stinking guy like some noise maker in this nairaland. The royalty he received during this coronation is enough to buy of the car. before I leave let me advise some guys here, don't write on wat u don't knw noting abt, just an advise to everyone here so dat d forum can b a beta place.

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by principality: 8:13am On Oct 24, 2016
its PATHETIC that people have sold they soul TO DEVIL in the name TRADITION. And its written WHAT CAN YOU GIVE IN EXCHANGE OF YOUR SOUL.
What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose your soul? Tradition? money ?women?sex and what have . Absolutely nothing
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by AreaFada2: 8:19am On Oct 24, 2016
Qmerit:

Read my comment my broda I was only joking! He should ride what ever he likes
not my concern my own is for God to bless
Me and my handwork.

**** but on a serious note what do you think about this, the father abolished night burial in Edo state and changed many things that were too archaic, but this Oba Ewuare 11 has summoned kings to go back to night burial and stop day burial already! Is that not awkwardness/backwardness !

Which kings did he summon? There is only one King in Benin and areas directly under Benin in modern times. Others are Dukes, Chiefs, Ohens, Okaos. Only former dukes like Olu of Warri, Eleko of Eko, now outside Benin influence that are now called Kings. So which kings did he summon?
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by principality: 8:20am On Oct 24, 2016
becoming OBA of Benin is like selling your soul to devil . At end you go hell fire in the name of stupid tradition
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by AreaFada2: 8:28am On Oct 24, 2016
Qmerit:

Let them be forming oyinbo. Let him go build his even house without paying local youth fee, aka omonile dues and see na. Much less a traditional ruler with ancient rules that has become culture. Which person in Benin does not know that burial ceremonies with music & dance are not done once Oba's demise is announced? Anyone who doesn't like it can move to Sambisa or Maiduguri or any damn place they want.

Without his/Oba's ancestors defending the land against Jihadists centuries ago, the area would be Uthman dan Fodio's territory now.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Qmerit(m): 8:29am On Oct 24, 2016
AreaFada2:

[s]Which kings did he summon? There is only one King in Benin and areas directly under Benin in modern times. Others are Dukes, Chiefs, Ohens, Okaos. Only former dukes like Olu of Warri, Eleko of Eko, now outside Benin influence that are now called Kings. So which kings did he summon?
[/s]

what re you saying pls. that in Edo state or Benin city you have only one king? where are you from? You re very free to make your comment but not for you to say you don't have kings in Edo state pls. I am here and i tell you there kings of over 50 in Edo state or you can call them Onojie/Enojies. Please if you are not from Edo go and ask questions or better still google and for your information every local govt has more than 10 kings.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by AreaFada2: 8:43am On Oct 24, 2016
Qmerit:
[/s]

what re you saying pls. that in Edo state or Benin city you have only one king? where are you from? You re very free to make your comment but not for you to say you don't have kings in Edo state pls. I am here and i tell you there kings of over 50 in Edo state or you can call them Onojie/Enojies. Please if you are not from Edo go and ask questions or better still google and for your information every local govt has more than 10 kings.

It seems you have problem of comprehension. What is difficult in understanding about Benin? We are not in time before creation of Edo tate when Edo & Benin was used to mean exact same thing. And I am not writing in Benin Language (not Bini as many erroneously write despite much correction by Oba Erediauwa) in which Edo still remains exclusively to describe Benin people. So what is your confusion?

Where is the statement that Ewuare II issued to other members of Edo State Council of Traditional rulers? What were the exact words?

Read my posts on Benin here for the past 5 years. Then you will know.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Elebiju: 8:53am On Oct 24, 2016
Qmerit:

I'm from Edo and I stay in Edo I'm surprise at him with the exposure he got and education he could think so!
If you google about Oba Ewuare 1, you would see all he stood for and what he did in 12000AD and that is what this very one said he would bring back into tradition, can you imagine that! I know it would be hard for him cause people re too expose nowadays but saying or thinking about it tells a lot about him!
Oba Ewuare 1 reigned from 1440 till 1473 not 12000 AD, you don't even know your history.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Qmerit(m): 9:00am On Oct 24, 2016
Elebiju:
Oba Ewuare 1 reigned from 1440 till 1473 not 12000 AD, you don't even know your history.

I was not born then it was what I saw when I google it and I have gone to GST text to confirm ur claim now! You kn google can give you differ history some times. Thanks though lol

1 Like

Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by cyrilamx(m): 9:01am On Oct 24, 2016
Thanks my sister. This is a quote from the Oba's speech that this dubious fellow excised. “I therefore stand before you as the 40th Oba of Benin, a direct descendant of Oranmiyan, the son of Oduduwa, whom the Benin people of that era knew as Ekaladeran, their self-exiled prince who later became ruler in Ile-Ife. The Benin people recognise Oduduwa and his origin but it is not our place to force this recognition on others outside our boundaries.“The history of the world is a shared one and there will certainly be unexpected connections in the future. Even this bold comment was condemned by a yoruba writer as being unwarranted even in presence of the Ooni. That to show you whom Oba Ewuare 11 is...fearless. Plz read the full critique article on the Oba speech and post.

The New Oba Ewuare And His Alleged Coronation Speech By Dele Awogbeoba | Leaders NG http://leaders.ng/?p=12912

Born2Breed:

Stop being mischievious and post the full text. Oramiyan the grandson of Ogiso Ewedo,the father of Oduduwa was the first Oba. You read but can't comprehend. what a shame!
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Qmerit(m): 9:04am On Oct 24, 2016
AreaFada2:

It seems you have problem of comprehension. What is difficult in understanding about Benin? We are not in time before creation of Edo tate when Edo & Benin was used to mean exact same thing. And I am not writing in Benin Language (not Bini as many erroneously write despite much correction by Oba Erediauwa) in which Edo still remains exclusively to describe Benin people. So what is your confusion?

Where is the statement that Ewuare II issued to other members of Edo State Council of Traditional rulers? What were the exact words?

Read my posts on Benin here for the past 5 years. Then you will know.

Didn't you say there re no kings in Edo state? That's my point nothing more and as for what he said to them check my first comment where you mentioned me! How body?
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Elebiju: 9:05am On Oct 24, 2016
playerinc:

My guy, Shut up your mouth abeg. And try not to make a habit of putting your Stupidity in writing. Must you comment
But he typed the truth, benin people are so aggressive.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Elebiju: 9:06am On Oct 24, 2016
Qmerit:

I was not born then it was what I saw when I google it and I have gone to GST text to confirm ur claim now! You kn google can give you differ history some times. Thanks though lol
You're welcome.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by grandstar(m): 9:15am On Oct 24, 2016
fallout87:

Can you eleborate? What evidence do you have?
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by blaqoracle: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2016
Intrepid01:
But benin people said their Oba no dey go anywhere after coronation. So why him con dey buy Car? Yeye people.....people can exaggerate. Who go siddon for one place in dis century. Abeegi enuf of typing.
those who are kingless will never comprehend the beauty of kingship.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by archcharles: 9:31am On Oct 24, 2016
Handsomecole:
No matter the level of recession some class of people in this country can just never be recessed.

I laff in istanbul, hugu-hugu-huhu, hugu-hugu-huhu, chuchuai
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by AreaFada2: 9:33am On Oct 24, 2016
Qmerit:

Didn't you say there re no kings in Edo state? That's my point nothing more and as for what he said to them check my first comment where you mentioned me! How body?
I did not o. I said Benin. I happen to know that Onojie of Opoji is the vice chair of Edo Traditional Council. Ateru of Auchi, Onojie of Uromi, and many more prominent ones are there too
I am fine and you?
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Qmerit(m): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2016
AreaFada2:

I did not o. I said Benin. I happen to know that Onojie of Opoji is the vice chair of Edo Traditional Council. Ateru of Auchi, Onojie of Uromi, and many more prominent ones are there too
I am fine and you?

Np, am cool broda! Thank God for a new day!
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by EHI9ICE(m): 9:44am On Oct 24, 2016
Intrepid01:
But benin people said their Oba no dey go anywhere after coronation. So why him con dey buy Car? Yeye people.....people can exaggerate. Who go siddon for one place in dis century. Abeegi enuf of typing.

Seriously my friend,the Oba doesnt leave d palace after coronation...But the car is needed amongst many reason,coz once the Oba is invited to an Occasion-which he obviously can't go,He usually send a delegate-with a Signature( Like that Car).

And the car was used to convey him to the Thanks Giving ground(Holy Arousa) which is outside the palace.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 24, 2016
fallout87:

How did you know it was stolen money, can you prove it?If your dad brought his share of stolen public fund to the house won't you be happy? Don't ever think everyone is like you or your family members. Anyhow stupidity is not a crime you and your gullible hungry likers are free to. go.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by EHI9ICE(m): 9:49am On Oct 24, 2016
anonimi:
I thought that the Benin Kingdom was so rooted in its own tradition and had plenty of MAGICAL powers.
Why would the King need a car from oyinbo people who captured his ancestor and sent him on exile
Is he and Benin people so shameless with absolutely no dignity whatsoever for themselves?

[img]http://revealinghistories.org.uk/inc/img.php/tpl/uploads/images/galleries/403/kingofbenin1.jpg/371/1/fill[/img]

That ur fore fore father you dont know much about? He was captured,sold to Slavery and tortured to his balls by the Europeans...But i bet you would give ur left toe or a finger to live in Britain,USA,France right now. Seeeeeee Old things have passed away.
Re: Oba Ewuare Acquires Phantom Rolls Royce (Pics) by ojialo(m): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2016
abuayman:
From Emir Sanusi of Kano to Oba of Benin. Hmmm. Remaining who now
Obi of Onitsha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Igbo Traditional Music and Musical Instruments / Meet Ooni Of Ife’s Sisters Who Ensured The Emergence Of A New Queen / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.