Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Is This For Real? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is This For Real? (6064 Views)

Novel That Made Me Cry For Real / Believe It Or Not Its For Real. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
abefe99
princessadeola
ashatoda

olabantu

longer updates to come.
Re: Is This For Real? by abefe99: 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
i dey ooo nice update
Re: Is This For Real? by ashatoda: 11:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
thanks for the update, the story is becoming interesting. The wrong uthat many men do by sleeping with their daughters or step daughters is so great. The emotional, psychological and social torment these girls pass through is indescribable. Pls when it is time to pass judgement on the yeye man make sure his thing is cut off
Re: Is This For Real? by Olabantu(m): 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2016
How do you help her Miss Itoken...waiting anxiously for that
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
Chapter 11

DIDEOLU'S POV

I looked at my dad as he kept insulting the man of God preaching on the tv, what right did he have to talk about other people's way of life.

Each time he said one insulting word, I would shrug, even though it was really annoying seeing my dad talk that way about a man who he hasn't even met before.

I was angry, and any moment I knew I would likely say something that would annoy him. This man was the reason my mom was unable to have other children asides me, he lived a complete wayward life during the early stage of their marriage.

I still remember how my mom screamed at him and blamed him for contracting a disease back then I was barely fourteen I didn't know what STD meant. It was when I grew up I understood mom better. He became sterile because he couldn't keep his tool in his pants .

Despite the fact that i wouldn't consider myself as a Christian, I only go to church every 31st of December. I hate speaking ill of a paator, they live their life and I'll live mine, but I was not stupid enough to keep having sex with every woman without a condom.

My dad was not in any position to talk about someone.

He shouted and pointed at the screen, "can you imagine....this so called me of God are fake"..

"yea", I said in a bored tone, not noticing how I reacted, he continued insulting the man untill I couldn't take anymore.....

"dad ... Look .. You don't even know a thing about this man", my dad scoffed and shook his head.

"I don't need to know him personally before knowing what he truly stands for..... It's obvious he's a scam now", he pointed yet again at the tv.

I was irritated.

" You are not better than this man...",I blurted out before I could even process my thought. The anger within me had already taken over.

The sacarstic smile he had on his face while he looked at the tv faded, he turned and looked at me.

" Are you calling me an hypocrite".

"I never said that", I countered.

My dad rose to his feet and walked out of the sitting room, few seconds later my mom rushed out of the kitchen.

"what did you say to your father?".

it had always amazed me how my dad had so much effect on my mom. Even when he had wronged her several times.

" Was there something he claimed ... I did?"

"how can you talk to your father that way", my mom replied, ignoring my question, she glared at me and I swear,this was the first time she ever looked at me with so much anger but i didn't care. They both needed the truth.

"mom...he needed to know he can't just keep this annoying moral standards that he doesn't even have. Not everyone would be you mom, who hates telling that man the truth" , I pointed towards my mom, I needed to pass a message, she just has to stop been this man's toy." You just keep doing what he tells you..after.....after everything he's done to you in the past-".

She suddenly cut me off with a thunderous slap.

"How dare you speak to me that way..... I am your mother".

I touched my cheek and kept my cool, I took my car keys on the glass table and stormed out of my parents apartment. I slide into my car and ignited the engine.

This wasn't how I pictured my evening........

ISOKEN'S POV

"Do you even have time for yourself this days....all you do is trying to help others", Natasha said in a serious tone.

I was computing the next lecture for ongoing. I had finally decided I was going to speak to her mom, which I did.

I told her about how ibukun was drifting from her studies and needed a tutor. I needed to protect her, and I'll do anything.

I took it upon myself to tutor her at the end of school lectures, at least for the time being, it should keep her from her step father. We usually finished the lectures when am sure her mother would be home already, this was the best idea I could come up with for now.

I threw Natasha a glance and shrugged.

"Tasha ...... She needs me", I argued.

" what ever you are doing won't stop the man....just report him to the police, simple. Let them do their job"

"I can't tell the police..... The girl is too scared of her mom", I said.

"who cares....it's not your job to prevent rape abeg. Besides tutoring her late in the day won't stop the man. Can't he just go to her room at night and do whatever he does?".

"tasha.... It's okay jor", with that I stood up, packed my books, head to my room to continue with what I was doing.

'she wouldn't just mind her business', I thought.

I hissed when I saw her walk into my room after few minutes,

"isoken, Lara is here......with...ehmm...", Natasha stammered.

" with who now?"

"just come, you'll see". I got up from the bed and I followed my friend into the sitting room. I stiffened when I saw who it was, I glared at lara and looked at the other person standing before me.

" what are you doing here?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
Guys please bear with me, PHCN isn't making it any easy for me hence slow updates. I promise to speed up the story and post longer updates.

Thank you.
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
abefe99
princessadeola
ashatoda

olabantu
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2016
@princessadeola elmogaji Brightextbright melonny Stardomberry Callmeomotee3 Adamsly001 olabantu Nmaglit omobolajisword perfectionist11 percydamsel Holashikemi Bornita missmossy dimssy kaecyy cymaxy samexdx Ayo4z millynels smartoliver kacyjabarikonshency judemmesoma Twinkle004 mailthaddeus BlizzydoDo greatG TheAZIZ ideology01 rachealfst icemanP
Re: Is This For Real? by princessadeola(f): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
more
Re: Is This For Real? by rachealfst(f): 7:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
sosa993:
@princessadeola elmogaji Brightextbright melonny Stardomberry Callmeomotee3 Adamsly001 olabantu Nmaglit omobolajisword perfectionist11 percydamsel Holashikemi Bornita missmossy dimssy kaecyy cymaxy samexdx Ayo4z millynels smartoliver kacyjabarikonshency judemmesoma Twinkle004 mailthaddeus BlizzydoDo greatG TheAZIZ ideology01 rachealfst icemanP
Present, I'm right here. Well done.
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 9:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
Chapter 12

ISOKEN'S POV

I looked up and frowned at Natasha, I was still mad at her. although it was not completely all her fault, but as far as I was concerned she knew I did not really like Lara yet she invited her over to my place.

To make matters worse Lara brought my ex to my apartment.

"isoken. I never knew she would bring David here now...I ...I thought she was coming alone", Natasha begged.

"it's alright,I just want to be left alone....please".

She walked out of the room immediately I said that. I dug my face into the pillow and screamed , things were becoming so complicated for me to handle.

Now that David knew where I stay, he wouldn't let me have a peaceful life.

I turned around on the bed and I lay my back when I heard the buzz coming from my phone. I tapped it and a message popped up on the screen. I smiled when I saw who it was.

Mr Dideolu!

As much as I disliked him, I still felt something really strange for him, it was unexplainable .

"so he hasn't forgotten me afterall", I said loudly. I chuckled when I read the content of the message it read : cute teddy I really need to see you, please just here me out.

Wow ! He called me cute teddy.

I smiled and replied him for the first time in some weeks.

Later that day......

I fold my arms on my chest as I felt the full torture of the air conditioning system. 'i shouldn't have worn this',I thought. The dress barely covered my shoulders, although it accentuated my skin colour but I still regret wearing it.

Mr Dideolu looked up at me, which forced me to start a conversation.

"the last time we were here turned out bad", I looked at him squarely.

" You chose this place. That's not my fault", he maintained his gaze.

"yea, blame me....so why did you want to see me?", I threw my hands up and rolled my eyes, I wasn't much of a drama queen, but I was still a bit angry with him.

"I felt bad about the things I said to you", he paused "I just want to make it up to you.

I raised my brows, pointing at the untouched food before me, " you call this making it up to me?"

"come on, what else would you have me do. I have apologised to you already".

"yea.. on phone. It's different", I frowned " I want you to say it to my face".

I leaned back on the chair waiting for him to tell me how wrong he was, he didn't. he just smirked at me.

Infuriated, I stood up making to leave when he suddenly grabbed me.

I froze.

Of all parts of my body, he went for my waist.

I felt light, but I couldn't show him how much effect his touch had on me, I turned around and gave him a deadly glare which made him remove his hands quickly.

Good.

"please sit", he gestured towards where I Sat earlier.

"no I won't"

" We could go somewhere else, if you don't like this place"

"I don't want somewhere else, I just want you to aplogise...that's all".

A smile spread across his face, " am sorry ", he said " am sorry for being a jerk", his voice cracked as he spoke. I didn't even know what to say. On impulse I stood up, still looking at him.

"don't tell me you are still going leave me here", I gave him an assuring smile and mouthed "no". His tensed face relaxed a bit .

I walked towards one of the waiter to ask for the direction to the rest room.

By the time I go out of the door leading to where I sat, I saw a lady talking to Mr Dideolu.

There was something about her that really disturbed me, she looked absolutely gorgeous. she wore a body hugging red dress on her voluptuous body. she was the type of woman most men would find irrestible.

She kept playing with her braided hair, each time twirling the ends of her hair around her finger, she laughed and nudged his shoulder, that lady knew how to flirt with a man.

She leaned in to him and said something in his ear, as she finally sat down.

Gosh!

On my seat.

Despite the fact that we weren't dating, I felt really annoyed at Mr dideolu, and jealous at the same time.

I pinched my lips together as I made my way towards them, the lady in red looked up at me with disgust,she hated me. I didn't need an explanation from anyone. Her face showed so much disdain and right at that moment I felt like a lesser human.

She glanced back at Mr Dideolu, leaned in and put à card in his palm before finally walking away.

I looked at him and narrowed my eyes.

There's something about this restaurant that wouldn't just stop making us fight at the end of a date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
abefe99
princessadeola
ashatoda

olabantu

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
Read and comment guys wink
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 10:00am On Dec 01, 2016
Good morning guys, I'll be updating soon.
Re: Is This For Real? by princessadeola(f): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2016
Then stop going there
Re: Is This For Real? by princessadeola(f): 10:57am On Dec 01, 2016
Then stop going there with him
Re: Is This For Real? by AdetoroBukola: 11:46am On Dec 01, 2016
you are doing a great job. weldone more mb to your phone. xpecting the update. thanks.
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 2:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
Continuation.....

ISOKEN'S POV

I was about to slide out of his car when he grabbed my arm.

Well thank goodness , he wasn't holding me around the waist this time.

I sighed, turned and faced him squarely, giving him a questioning stare.

I faced the window when I realised he wouldn't break his intesense gaze. He let out an heavy sigh.

" Just so you know.. that girl you saw used to be a friend"

"never mind, it's not my concern", I frowned.

"its obvious you are angry, possibly jealous. She used to be an old friend it's nothing, I never knew she owned the restaurant"

"and you brought me here, did you even see the way she looked at me"

"like I said isoken, I never knew she owned the place. She's a friend".

"yea a friend you probably sleep with".

"jeez! why are you trying to start a fight , I don't even know why you are this angry, we are not even dating. this dinner is just a way of telling you how sorry I am", he snapped. without saying another word, I got down from his car .

Chapter 13

ISOKEN'S POV

It was a usual cold day of late December, the sun shone brightly as I breath in the dry cold air. This was one of the reasons I don't like the harmattan period. It always made me feel sick.

The school was on break already, but I still had an unfinished business, ibukun had called me to earlier. All she did was cry , she couldn't utter a word and I knew what that mean't.

I walked along my street towards the junction where I could get a bike, my hands were shoved in the pockets of my big jeans jacket.

I was lucky to get a bike quick enough without waiting for so long.

My mind drifted back to ibukun, and that annoying woman who couldn't even protect her child from getting violated.

Poor girl!

I wasn't exactly sure of what Mrs Badmus reactions would be, but I just had to tell her. My only hope is that she would do something about it.

As soon as I got down from the bike, I paid the bike man and proceeded to knock The gate. It was opened almost immediately by the gate man who greeted me excitedly.

I smiled in return, walking towards the door, I was about knock when the door swung open.

"isoken!", Mr Badmus grinned at me as I made my way into the sitting room, I eyed him and cringe mentally.

The hatred I have for the man was superb, but he cared less, he was not only raping Poor ibukun but he asked me out too.

Such a dog right?

"I need to see your wife sir". He winked at me before walking away not uttering a word.

Mrs Badmus came around, after a short while.

"miss isoken ... I got your message".

"I wanted to talk to you about ibukun", I said going straight to the point. " Your husband has been raping your daughter".

I saw the anger flash through her eyes, "I beg your pardon", she stood up from where she sat, glaring at me."where's this coming from?" she questioned.

"ibukun told me.. I just think the best thing is to report this issue to the police".

"are you trying to teach me how to handle my family Ehn...., please leave", she growled .

Of course I was expecting that.

I stood up, almost walking through the door when I stopped, shut the door and turn to face her, she glared at me from afar.

" You are not a mother".

Her eyes widened when I said those words, " what did you say?".

"You are not a mother", I said " people like you don't deserve such a sweet child like ibukun".

"leave my house", she screamed.

"yea.. I'll leave but not until am done talking", I nodded my head, sounding so harsh, but at this point I could care less.

"I don't know why you would neglect your daugjhther and not even care if she is raped constantly by her step father. But am not so surprised , a gold -digger like you wouldn't really Care, after all he has the money and you'd rather stay and let your daughter get hurt than to flee this God-forsaken marriage and save ibukun".

How much I loved the expression on her face, it was a mixture of anger and frustration.

I left the apartment as soon as I finished talking, it was possible the principal would call me and tell me not to bother resuming my work by January, but I didn't care. I felt the burden lift off my shoulders when I was done talking.

Twenty minutes later, I made my way into my apartment, took my sandals off, peeled off my jacket, then finally slumped on the couch.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
AdetoroBukola
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
abefe99
princessadeola
ashatoda

olabantu

Re: Is This For Real? by Olabantu(m): 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
OKAY.......It now getting more interesting with Isoken getting Jealous, Dideolu giving unnecessary explanation and Ibukuns mother getting someone bold enough to tell her the truth....Oya Sosa, Come continue oooo, Na beg i dey beg oooo, I just hope David no go spoil show ooo so if you will all read, all attend, i must go nw but will be back before the story ends
Re: Is This For Real? by Twinkle004(f): 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
sosa993:
abefe99
princessadeola
ashatoda

olabantu

Present sir!!!!
Re: Is This For Real? by Nmaglit: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2016
Present Sir

sosa993:
abefe99
princessadeola
ashatoda

olabantu

Re: Is This For Real? by rachealfst(f): 2:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
Wow! this is so interesting. Following with keen interest. You are doing a great job here, More wisdom....
Re: Is This For Real? by abefe99: 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
nice one dear more update
Re: Is This For Real? by xaviercasmir(m): 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
Some women does not deserve to be associated with the word "MOTHER". Mrs badmus' selfishness is just too big.
i am watching to see how the drama will unfold.
Nice work and more grease to your elbow. MORE UPDATE PLS
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Sorry guys, I won't be making any updates this night. Tomorrow will be awesome.
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
xaviercasmir:
Some women does not deserve to be associated with the word "MOTHER". Mrs badmus' selfishness is just too big.
i am watching to see how the drama will unfold.
Nice work and more grease to your elbow. MORE UPDATE PLS

MOre updates tomorrow
Re: Is This For Real? by Twinkle004(f): 7:33am On Dec 03, 2016
Some women are not meant 2 be callled MOTHER...Ibukun mother is a very foolish & stupid being. I feel 4 ibukun
sosa993 when done
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 10:27am On Dec 05, 2016
Guys am really sorry, have been having writer's block.

I'll make it up to you with longer updates, thanks
Re: Is This For Real? by ADUKKY(f): 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sosa, please come and update biko. Well-done dear
Re: Is This For Real? by Samexdx(m): 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
Wow! Nice story... More update pls. Hope am not late?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland's Literature Quiz...you Can Join Anytime / Moon Man / The Story Of A 'SWEET' Examination Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.