Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Is This For Real? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is This For Real? (6078 Views)

Novel That Made Me Cry For Real / Believe It Or Not Its For Real. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This For Real? by Qasaforlife(f): 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2016
Ghen ghen !! I don enter. Nice one there. Thumbs up.
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
Chapter 23

ISOKEN'S POV

I studied his tall frame as he stood close to the window. he had his hands rub down his face the whole time, some part of me was happy I got the chance to break the news to him, thanks to Natasha, yet I was scared of what his decision might be.

Would he tell me he wasn't ready to be a father?

Would he just take responsibility of the child? and leave me and only see me as a woman who just had his child.

Different questions flooded my mind.

"are you sure?", he asked interrupting my thoughts. "I mean are you sure you are preganant?"

Yes I'm sure".

"I take it you're planning on keeping it?", he asked again, this time he looked like he had finally processed the huge life changing news.

"I... I don't know....it depends on what you want", I said playing with my fingers on my laps, wishing Natasha hadn't left too quickly.

"what I want? we're you even planning to tell me or you had other plans"

" I wanted to tell you this morning, but you didn't want to listen"

"Would you blame me ?", he yelled making me flinch on the seat.

He sat beside me when he noticed the fear in my eyes, and took my hands in his palm "Uhm.... Am sorry", he exhaled kissed me on my forehead and drew back again.

" so what do we do?"

"like I said , I don't know-how I mean I want this baby, but you are probably not ready"

"I am ready isoken, I was angry quite alright. But you don't know how much I missed you and now I understand why you gave your son away...... I want you to move in with me".

"no I can't ", I protested.
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
"look isoken, don't bother arguing with me. from now on you are staying under my roof, that's my child growing in you and I want to be able to protect you. I'll help you get some of your things tommorow and move other necessary things later, and you could meet my parents too, especially my mom. You would love her "

My eyes widen at the mention of 'mom', making me squirm uncomfortably under his gaze.

" you looked terrified, don't worry I've told my mom a lot about you, now that you are pregnant, I would want her to meet her future daughter-in-law".

"daughter-in-law?" I repeated in a questioning tone,a feeling of lightness flowed through my limbs as I stared at him.

" Yes babe", he said in a warm, caring voice. He leaned in to kiss me on the lips, but I backed away still staring at him.

"No, you are not going to marry me out of pity or because I am carrying your child, just this morning you couldn't even stand looking at me", I said the last part in a whisper, tears now running down my cheeks, "is this even for real? the first time you had sex with me, it took you weeks to talk to me again".

"but-"

"no", I raised a finger to his face, "let me finish- how am I even sure you like me... Talk more of been in love with me",

"I know I had treated you like shit, and I feel stupid for that, but my feelings for you are true. Yes I avoided you, but that was because I was falling in love with you already, I was scared. In my stupid mind, I believed if I fell in love, that would be me ruining my reputation. You know-how that bad boy rep, Which is the most stupid thing ever, right? Now all I want is for you to trust me and make me an happy man by doing me the honour of becoming my wife", he shrugged as if waiting for a reply, but I gave him none.

"I don't have a ring here, but I promise to get one tommorow, babe just be my wife"

I gave a small smile," okay..."

"okay is not an answer my love", he furrowed his brows, as his eyes trailed down to my lips, which made me swallow hard.

I let out a smiled which soon turn to a squeal,"yes, I'll be your wife", giggling I wrapped my arms around his neck.

" And just so you know, what we have is for real", he disengaged the hug and I gave him a kiss on the lips.

I felt fulfilled just been held by him, although I didn't accomplish everything I wanted especially when it came to ibukun, the girl who always reminded me of the son I gave out, I knew she was safe with her grand mother and here I am safe with the love of my life, Dideolu.

The end

1 Like

Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 5:35pm On Dec 31, 2016
Guys am really sorry, you have to forgive me. this wasn't how I planned to end the story.

I just had to post it before the new year, I have an oral presentation early next year in school so I didn't have time to pair stories here. Promise a new story is coming up next year.

It'll be good and very interesting.
Re: Is This For Real? by sosa993: 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2016
rincessadeola elmogaji Brightextbright melonny Stardomberry Callmeomotee3 Adamsly001 olabantu Nmaglit omobolajisword perfectionist11 percydamsel Holashikemi Bornita missmossy dimssy kaecyy cymaxy samexdx Ayo4z millynels smartoliver kacyjabarikonshency judemmesoma Twinkle004 mailthaddeus BlizzydoDo greatG TheAZIZ ideology01 rachealfst icemanP Adukky,qasaforlife.
Re: Is This For Real? by princessadeola(f): 8:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
Happy New Year in Advance
Re: Is This For Real? by Qasaforlife(f): 10:48pm On Dec 31, 2016
sosa993:
rincessadeola elmogaji Brightextbright melonny Stardomberry Callmeomotee3 Adamsly001 olabantu Nmaglit omobolajisword perfectionist11 percydamsel Holashikemi Bornita missmossy dimssy kaecyy cymaxy samexdx Ayo4z millynels smartoliver kacyjabarikonshency judemmesoma Twinkle004 mailthaddeus BlizzydoDo greatG TheAZIZ ideology01 rachealfst icemanP Adukky,qasaforlife.
It's only true love dat can forgive d past and look forward to d future.indeed love conquers all. Interesting. Looking foward to reading ur future stories.
Re: Is This For Real? by rachealfst(f): 1:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
sosa993:
Thanks, Happy new year. More grace, favor and blessings in year 2017 in Jesus name. Happy new year Nairalanders.
Re: Is This For Real? by Nmaglit: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
sosa993:

Despite it dint end the way u want it too yet u did a very nice job at the end forgiveness bound is enough. No wonder they love covereth all things.

Happy new year to u dear and my fellow readers
Re: Is This For Real? by Perfectionist11: 9:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
Nice one Sosa993..you did a very good job..thanks for the mentions..can't wait for your next story..best wishes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Literature Fun Thread - Stephen King Fans! Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid / 50 Books To Read Before You Reach 50 + DL Links / The Seige: A Short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.