Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,175 members, 7,839,005 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse (36084 Views)

Ghanaian Nurse Who Twerked In Her Uniform Declared Wanted By Nurses Association / Pretty Female Barber At A Lagos Saloon (Photos) / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by AreaFada2: 8:43am On Oct 31, 2016
Back soon.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Emeritusseun(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2016
sarhmuhel:
what has this link got to do with Nurse practitioner..... n moreover, the nurse consultant discussed in this blog is in the legal field... u should have related my post to clinical matter not legal

sorry...my bad
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurse_practitioner
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by juman(m): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2016
If one look at the level of rot in the system and the degree of incompetence of apc government, one would conclude that nigeria can never be a good, modern country.

APC = power miss road.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Lagusta(m): 8:47am On Oct 31, 2016
fadehan:
I'm a male nurse like you....n I would not do anytin to jeopardize d image of my profession....
Ike u just did...if U really want to confess ..if shld not be here....I dont think u really know wat u v just done.... obviously ..u don't know dt u just reduced yr value as a Nurse....u think hiding yr name would protect u.....
My point is ...we don't need feeble minds like ds to be a male nurses... thank God fr several positive posts over me....at least some ppl know who n what we are.......let everyone know dt nurses aren't dumb....m we don't pass our limits.
lastly...let me take ds opportunity to let everyone know dt nursing is a profession not a mere training... admission in to university or school of nurses is thru 5 credit in WAEC or NECO just like any oda course......if u think nursing learn nothing dan to gv injection....why don't u take a form ..get enrolled n witness for yrself wat we go thru....our job description n professional responsibility is diff from dt of doctors...but d scheme of service in d country is a mess....
if u don't respect nurses....it's fine....I understand because u probably v lil knowledge abt us...here r some tips....
...we r always dere for pt 24hrs

...we r expected to respect everyone even if dey disrespect us
we r expected to understand everyone
even when we r sick...we r still expected to gv 100% to pt care
when u go on holidays, we don't
when patient dies .....we r dere...when dey r resuscitated we r dere...
we do not tk care of patients alone but dere family as well.......juat to mention a few...
Nurses are truly great....
respect us or not....we indeed are

@bolded, habaa, you can lie ooo....

Come on bro, we both know nurses run shifts, while doctors do calls, which could last more than 24hrs if it's a weekend call....

And all the "when the patient this, we that" you've been ranting about, so doctors don't do same and even take the blame when the nurse flops baa??

Issokkaayy, no ploblemm, kontunu
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by munas: 9:20am On Oct 31, 2016
fadehan:
I'm a male nurse like you....n I would not do anytin to jeopardize d image of my profession....
Ike u just did...if U really want to confess ..if shld not be here....I dont think u really know wat u v just done.... obviously ..u don't know dt u just reduced yr value as a Nurse....u think hiding yr name would protect u.....
My point is ...we don't need feeble minds like ds to be a male nurses... thank God fr several positive posts over me....at least some ppl know who n what we are.......let everyone know dt nurses aren't dumb....m we don't pass our limits.
lastly...let me take ds opportunity to let everyone know dt nursing is a profession not a mere training... admission in to university or school of nurses is thru 5 credit in WAEC or NECO just like any oda course......if u think nursing learn nothing dan to gv injection....why don't u take a form ..get enrolled n witness for yrself wat we go thru....our job description n professional responsibility is diff from dt of doctors...but d scheme of service in d country is a mess....
if u don't respect nurses....it's fine....I understand because u probably v lil knowledge abt us...here r some tips....
...we r always dere for pt 24hrs
...we r expected to respect everyone even if dey disrespect us
we r expected to understand everyone
even when we r sick...we r still expected to gv 100% to pt care
when u go on holidays, we don't
when patient dies .....we r dere...when dey r resuscitated we r dere...
we do not tk care of patients alone but dere family as well.......juat to mention a few...
Nurses are truly great....
respect us or not....we indeed are

The guy just said the truth that you guys are posing as doctors and you are there typing trash.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by sanitelag(m): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2016
ayya

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by pedestal82(m): 9:49am On Oct 31, 2016
Yes mind the private hospitals you go to, this has been the trend. A Nurse covers for the Doctor that owns the hospital that is probably working in a govt hospital.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by olureignforever: 9:57am On Oct 31, 2016
sarhmuhel:
Op, pls get enough fact before u speak negatively about my noble profession........ Who told u we are not thought how to diagnose n prescribe medications for patient?? On the issue of abortion, no profession in the medical field is a saint..... Even doctors do it at a very high rate...... On the issue of training of auxiliaries, most of their trainers are doctors... I've once worked in an hospital in which I refused to participate in their training......OP, I'll say u need more orientation about nursing profession contact me xo u can be educated on it 08134651599
God bless Nigeria
God bless Nursing profession
God bless Lagos State
#ProudlyAMaleNurse

Does that mean a nurse should pose as a doctor.? Things like this is only possible in Nigeria.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by basadenet: 10:06am On Oct 31, 2016
This male nurses had constituted themselves as mafia to the extent that they too have very strong association that compete equally with real doctors association. They get away with a lot things that even a doctor can't. I blame the state for allowing such an illegitimate association to thrive at the expense of the real one. Time to act is now.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by bonna4u(m): 10:27am On Oct 31, 2016
Most private hospitals in Nigeria are mere malaria and typhoid treatment centers.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by slimbj: 10:29am On Oct 31, 2016
sarhmuhel:
Op, pls get enough fact before u speak negatively about my noble profession........ Who told u we are not thought how to diagnose n prescribe medications for patient?? On the issue of abortion, no profession in the medical field is a saint..... Even doctors do it at a very high rate...... On the issue of training of auxiliaries, most of their trainers are doctors... I've once worked in an hospital in which I refused to participate in their training......OP, I'll say u need more orientation about nursing profession contact me xo u can be educated on it 08134651599
God bless Nigeria
God bless Nursing profession
God bless Lagos State
#ProudlyAMaleNurse
even without been asked you have displayed digits and feeling so fly that one person taught you how to diagnose and prescribe drug. You are a problem with your profession.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2016
olureignforever:

Does that mean a nurse should pose as a doctor.? Things like this is only possible in Nigeria.
nup ..... That's not my message.... Even where I work, when I'm asked my qualification, I say with pride that I'm a Nurse....
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2016
olureignforever:

my message is, some nurse's are very good in the area of diagnosing n prescribing...... I've sometimes saw a doctor prescribing chloroquine injection for a patient few weeks back in this 21th century...... N moreover, not all male nurses u see are actually registered ones ...
God bless
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by HaneefahRN(f): 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
I think it's crazy too.
But if I am asked who is mostly at fault, then it's DOCTORS!
A male nurse comes to your private hospital for employment and they in a bid to safe more money employ the person and make him fill in the roles of a Doctor too. He didn't come with a medical license, he came with a nursing license.
They train quacks in the name of 'auxiliary ' nurses, some who haven't even seen the four walls of a Secondary school, can't make a proper sentence in English, but to make profit these same 'Death holes'parading as hospitals, 'train' these illiterates and encourage them to take on nursing duties. Put the life of unsuspecting patients in incapable hands.
They are everywhere around us. Quacks parading as professionals. That's why I feel so irritated when I hear Drs speaking about quackery, for goodness sake you breed these quacks! You provide the enabling environment for quackery to grow! Then come out to cry about it. That's pure hypocrisy!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by joseph1832ng: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
HaneefahRN:
I think it's crazy too.
But if I am asked who is mostly at fault, then it's DOCTORS!
A male nurse comes to your private hospital for employment and they in a bid to safe more money employ the person and make him fill in the roles of a Doctor too. He didn't come with a medical license, he came with a nursing license.
They train quacks in the name of 'auxiliary ' nurses, some who haven't even seen the four walls of a Secondary school, can't make a proper sentence in English, but to make profit these same 'Death holes'parading as hospitals, 'train' these illiterates and encourage them to take on nursing duties.
They are everywhere around us. Quacks parading as professionals. That's why I feel so irritated when I hear Drs speaking about quackery, for goodness sake you breed these quacks! You provide the environment for quackery to grow! Then come out to cry about it. That's pure hypocrisy.
That's the shame that is the nigerian society.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by olureignforever: 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2016
[quote author=sarhmuhel post=50648380] nup ..... That's not my message.... Even where I work, when I'm asked my qualification, I say with pride that I'm a Nurse.... [/quote

Thank God for people like you, we have Male Nurses that disguise as Doctor, May God expose such.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by iRepNaija1: 2:23pm On Oct 31, 2016
bukynkwuenu:
i dont know why bt anytime i hear "nurse" i i i think of a lady nt male

Gender role assignments. Look it up.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by akaahs(m): 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
Okite15:
Confess your sins to God and God only. If u den want to confess to ur bishop, its optional, except UV bin playing pranks with them in church as a worker, cos no Bishop can forgive ur sins.

go nd read ur bible very well so as to understand the concept of confessing ur sin to either the bishop or priest nd stop forming ignorant of wat u don't know.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Okite15(m): 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2016
akaahs:

go nd read ur bible very well so as to understand the concept of confessing ur sin to either the bishop or priest nd stop forming ignorant of wat u don't know.

u beta pray for God to open ur eyes to d truth and stop being blind. read my statement very well and understand before quoting someone anyhow.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Decaroso216: 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
This is a nice article male nurses shd be very careful in the type of job they do

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn / Yagana Musa Bags The Rank Of Major In Nigerian Army (Photos) / Is It Possible For OND Holder To Earn Upto 80k Per Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.