Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse (36058 Views)

Ghanaian Nurse Who Twerked In Her Uniform Declared Wanted By Nurses Association / Pretty Female Barber At A Lagos Saloon (Photos) / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
When Moses a male nurse (real names witheld) decided he needed to go for confessions at the small catholic church where he worshiped, little did he know he was in for a shock of his life. He had confessed to the priest his role in assisted illegal abortions at a private clinic where he practised in lagos and the priest replied "Moses, you need to confess to the "BISHOP" . Abortion is a SIN against humanity and against the sanctity of human life you swore to protect at your Nursing induction ceremony! Go to the cathedral and ask to speak with the BISHOP!

This article is not about the patient, but about NURSING and Nurses, specifically a few male nurses practising in lagos private practise. Male nurses have long been touted as the messiahs to lead the profession into the promised land but the opposite seems to be the case in Lagos state. Male nurses in majority of private practise in lagos have consistently connived with the medical directors of hospitals to sit in as DOCTORS, consulting and diagnosising at the detriment of the profession.

Inevitably, Auxilliary nurses are automatically employed to man the floors and take over jobs that registered nurses should have been employed at. While some male nurses excell so much in this act of impersonation, they sadly do this same job a doctor could have been paid 80 to 90 thousand naira for a meager 30,000naira , at the risk of loosing thier license and also being jailed.

The male nurses who dumbly don't know the effect of thier practise on the general nursing practice in nigeria go ahead to train and educate these auxilliary nurses on the duties and job description of registered nurses, even holding classes for them where a certificate that took the male nurse 3 years to earn, is reduced to a mere 20 minute a day class lecture.......hmmmm

Few jobs make such emotional demands or put professionals into such raw contact with the public at
their most vulnerable and challenging. For many patients in hospital, nurses are the human face of the health system and a constant presence through their
journey of care. As i sit and reflect on how one singular act of one male nurse could render other nurses jobless and inconsequential in the running of private practise in
Lagos, it beats my imagination that this act continues unchecked. It is high time we, male nurses begin to
understand how our singular actions can make or mar our struggle to move the profession higher.

We all need to go speak with the BISHOP, Our Conscience!

SOURCE
http://www.nursingworldnigeria.com/2013/04/confessions-of-a-lagos-male-nurse

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Eldinot4(m): 6:47am On Oct 31, 2016
The qualified doctors would give space for the male nurses forming quack doctors, while the female nurse would go to the other room with the qualified doctors to do something grin
This is naija hospital. No wonder some doctors be attending to me like they only spent 6wks in medical school

14 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by francis247(m): 6:47am On Oct 31, 2016
Lovely article. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by EternalBeing: 6:47am On Oct 31, 2016
Male nurse?! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by nony43(m): 6:47am On Oct 31, 2016
I dread Nigerian hospitals, and Nigerian police

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Marvel1206: 6:47am On Oct 31, 2016
Yaaawwnnnsss*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by paschal47(m): 6:48am On Oct 31, 2016
#don'tlegaliseabortions

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Omotayor123(f): 6:48am On Oct 31, 2016
What a confession shocked
This post is an eye opener, we should all be careful.

Good Morning! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by mtchris(m): 6:49am On Oct 31, 2016
Ha
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by misscall247: 6:49am On Oct 31, 2016
so what do u want us to do now?

3 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by bukynkwuenu: 6:51am On Oct 31, 2016
i dont know why bt anytime i hear "nurse" i i i think of a lady nt male

6 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Okite15(m): 6:52am On Oct 31, 2016
Confess your sins to God and God only. If u den want to confess to ur bishop, its optional, except UV bin playing pranks with them in church as a worker, cos no Bishop can forgive ur sins.

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by eezeribe(m): 6:52am On Oct 31, 2016
Only in Nigeria
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by rawpadgin(m): 6:53am On Oct 31, 2016
similar stuffs happens in almost all professions in naija

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by nbright: 6:54am On Oct 31, 2016
angry

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Tolumiide: 6:54am On Oct 31, 2016
Please pardon my inquisitiveness, I still don't get the point with the bishop and the priest.

4 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Omotayor123(f): 6:54am On Oct 31, 2016
bukynkwuenu:
i dont know why bt anytime i here nurse am think a lady nt male
grin grin
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by exlinkleads(f): 6:56am On Oct 31, 2016
seriously
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 31, 2016
It's a good thing the awareness is coming up, I have been worried stiff about the proliferation of auxilllary nurses and brazen 'I don't care attitude' for the sanctity of life by male nurses fronting as doctors.
It began subtly, now it's a trend, and it's become a norm.
Patients call them doctors, now they have begun to act as one, albeit as native doctors. For whatever you think is happening in Lagos as enlightened as the city is, come up north and you would be door knob shocked at the degradation of the medical, nay nursing profession.
Way to go, patients have to be sensitive and vigilant. Before you visit the hospital, browse up your condition, and when you meet the 'doctor', ask questions. By so doing, you would get to know his depth of understanding. Afterall, that's part of why you are educated

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Histrings08(m): 6:58am On Oct 31, 2016
Pfft
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 31, 2016
Op, pls get enough fact before u speak negatively about my noble profession........ Who told u we are not thought how to diagnose n prescribe medications for patient?? On the issue of abortion, no profession in the medical field is a saint..... Even doctors do it at a very high rate...... On the issue of training of auxiliaries, most of their trainers are doctors... I've once worked in an hospital in which I refused to participate in their training......OP, I'll say u need more orientation about nursing profession contact me xo u can be educated on it 08134651599
God bless Nigeria
God bless Nursing profession
God bless Lagos State
#ProudlyAMaleNurse

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 31, 2016
Eldinot4:
The qualified doctors would give space for the male nurses forming quack doctors, while the female nurse would go to the other room with the qualified doctors to do something grin
This is naija hospital.
You my friend, are an embarassement to those who trained you and the society you belong to.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by cosby02(m): 7:00am On Oct 31, 2016
I cant possibly read this on a Monday morning. Sorry OP.
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by uchennamani(m): 7:01am On Oct 31, 2016
nairalanddotorg:
When Moses a male nurse (real
names witheld) decided he needed
to go for confessions at the small
catholic church where he
worshiped, little did he know he
was in for a shock of his life. He
had confessed to the priest his role
in assisted illegal abortions at a
private clinic where he practised in
lagos and the priest replied "Moses,
you need to confess to the
"BISHOP" . Abortion is a SIN
against humanity and against the
sanctity of human life you swore to
protect at your Nursing induction
ceremony! Go to the cathedral and
ask to speak with the BISHOP!

This article is not about the patient,
but about NURSING and Nurses,
specifically a few male nurses
practising in lagos private practise.
Male nurses have long been touted
as the messiahs to lead the
profession into the promised land
but the opposite seems to be the
case in lagos state.
Male nurses in majority of private
practise in lagos have consistently
connived with the medical directors
of hospitals to sit in as DOCTORS,
consulting and diagnosising at the
detriment of the profession.

inevitably, Auxilliary nurses are
automatically employed to man the
floors and take over jobs that
registered nurses should have been
employed at. While some male
nurses excell so much in this act of
impersonation, they sadly do this
same job a doctor could have been
paid 80 to 90 thousand naira for a
meager 30,000naira , at the risk of
loosing thier license and also being
jailed.

These male nurses who dumbly
dont know the effect of thier
practise on the general nursing
practise in nigeria go ahead to train
and educate these auxilliary nurses
on the duties and job description of
registered nurses, even holding
classes for them where a certificate
that took the male nurse 3 years to
earn, is reduced to a mere 20
minute a day class
lecture.......hmmmm

Few jobs make such emotional
demands or put professionals into
such raw contact with the public at
their most vulnerable and
challenging. For many patients in
hospital, nurses are the human
face of the health system and a
constant presence through their
journey of care. As i sit and reflect
on how one singular act of one
male nurse could render other
nurses jobless and inconsequential
in the running of private practise in
lagos, it beats my imagination that
this act continues unchecked. It is
high time we, male nurses begin to
understand how our singular
actions can make or mar our
struggle to move the profession
higher.

We all need to go speak with the
BISHOP, Our Conscience!

SOURCE
http://www.nursingworldnigeria.com/2013/04/confessions-of-a-lagos-male-nurse
Go speak to the Bishop, then. Why bring it here?

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Eldinot4(m): 7:02am On Oct 31, 2016
sapiosexual1:

You my friend, is an embarassement to those who trained you and the society you belong to.

U are no better

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Fantastic2m(m): 7:07am On Oct 31, 2016
This article is superb. cry
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by slowbreeze(f): 7:12am On Oct 31, 2016
There will always be crooks/criminals in EVERY profession , painting it black and making evrione dere look bad,nursing/medicine inclusive..Thieving bankers,wayo lawyers, pharmacists who peddle fake drugs, etc etc.But to generalize dat evrione dere is like dat aint right.I have seen decent,intelligent male nurses and honest Drs as well.

3 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by greatjoshy(m): 7:14am On Oct 31, 2016
Hmmmm nawa o
Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 31, 2016
The story is incomplete...

Has he been to see the bishop? Ndi aruru ani, they will assist in abortion but would come online to blast girls getting their vitamins through 'vigorous consumption' of cucumber.

I hope the bishop referred him to the pope.

Some of these mushroom clinics would keep the girls in 'the other room' while they make contact with another couple who have been trying for the past 15 years to conceive.

At end of the 9 months, the girl gets a paltry sum and a phone no to call when she gets 'belle' again...the matron, clinic owner and quack doctor nurse pockets some cash from sales...

The infertile woman runs to the church to give testimony how she conceived after deceiving the public with her nollywood tummy...

And Nairalanders will all shout amen to her testimony and praise the Good Lord for opening her womb.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 31, 2016
Okite15:
Confess your sins to God and God only. If u den want to confess to ur bishop, its optional, except UV bin playing pranks with them in church as a worker, cos no Bishop can forgive ur sins.
I think the Bishop in this Context is the "Conscience"

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by odinegi(m): 7:21am On Oct 31, 2016
Moses or what ever u call ur name(the writer) u all so dumb to be a male nurse. I doubt if u are truly a nurse because all the male nurses i know are very smart and intelligent and they don't go pass thier limit. If u are really a male nurse, then u should be very ashamed of ursef by now.... because every profession out there have dia secrets and short comings. If u call sahmuhe i swear... U are finished.

Ode.... Go confess to the bishop.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse by Lagusta(m): 7:33am On Oct 31, 2016
Eldinot4:
This is naija hospital. No wonder some doctors be attending to me like they only spent 6wks in medical school

U no serious wallahi!!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn / Yagana Musa Bags The Rank Of Major In Nigerian Army (Photos) / Is It Possible For OND Holder To Earn Upto 80k Per Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.