Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

The Club a story - #nlwriters - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Club a story - #nlwriters (109000 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
ROYH:
Miss Lleigh, happy boxing day to you too, thanks for the dedi mam, will you be the BOXING Of My Day Cox i had a dream oø.

Back to the story, seems i don miss updates, lemme go back, wait 4 me dear Lleigh, ayam cuming.

Thanks For stopping by and commenting enjoy the updates cheesy
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 11:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
Adesina12:
Merry xmas Lleigh, jagugu88li, creeza, Swann, girlhaley, Lawlahdey and co.

Well I just like Remi's move and decision to involve his parent, they will be of help to him....Enu agba lobi ti n gbo

Lleigh is already dancing to the tune of teamSamRemi .....there's God oooooh

I dey enjoy my popcorn with chill drink

Following

Merry Christmas Adesina12 how are you Mr popcorn. Hope you left some for us on boxing day.

It is best to listen to elders and learn

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by MozB: 2:07am On Dec 27, 2016
what if there is no baby? What if this 'unmerciful' girl wants to scam him? Well i'm just thinking out loud o..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Twinkle004(f): 9:48am On Dec 27, 2016
Lleigh:

Merry Christmas to you Twinkle004 and a happy new year in advance
I hope so too, as I sit down with Sam. smiley
Lol no probs
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Adesina12: 10:52am On Dec 27, 2016
Lleigh:

Merry Christmas Adesina12 how are you Mr popcorn. Hope you left some for us on boxing day

grin funny you, trust me I have popcorn that can feed the whole world grin

Enjoy.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Aitee1: 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
LIeigh babe I finally catch up, I must confess you're a good writer and the dedication you do put in writing is a sign that you're going places kudos!!!

And thanks for the mentions in other threads I appreciate!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
MozB:
what if there is no baby? What if this 'unmerciful' girl wants to scam him? Well i'm just thinking out loud o..

Hi Mozb Merry Christmas hope you had a good one.

Let us see how it pans out

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by NnamdiN: 9:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
Aitee1:
LIeigh babe I finally catch up, I must confess you're a good writer and the dedication you do put in writing is a sign that you're going places kudos!!!

how u dey annang woman
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Perfectionist11: 1:44am On Dec 28, 2016
Aigoo!! I've missed out a lot..its like this Mercy is being possessed..

Lleigh..during Sam's discussion with Remi..you made it sound as if she's already aware of d possibility that she may not be able to give birth to her own child(according to the Doc)..thereby advising Remi "vigorously" to do all he can for the unborn child..

I hope that Sam would be able to conceive though cuz I have a feeling Mercy would later regret this foolish act and come back to claim the child..& that could get messy.

Nice job as always..keep it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Creeza(m): 4:19am On Dec 28, 2016
Perfectionist11:

Lleigh..during Sam's discussion with Remi..you made it sound as if she's already aware of d possibility that she may not be able to give birth to her own child(according to the Doc)..thereby advising Remi "vigorously" to do all he can for the unborn child..

I hope that Sam would be able to conceive though cuz I have a feeling Mercy would later regret this foolish act and come back to claim the child..& that could get messy.

she cant have babies.. Read from page 17 or so. U'll see it clearly, where it was written

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 9:00am On Dec 28, 2016
Aitee1:

Thank you for the endorsement aitee1
You're welcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 9:15am On Dec 28, 2016
Perfectionist11:

Hi Perfectionist11
Sam is just telling Remi what most people would be telling him.
Look after your child.

Thank you for the comments smiley much appreciated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2016
Creeza:
she cant have babies.. Read from page 17 or so. U'll see it clearly, where it was written

grin
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
Mama Papa Remi, you're letting your tongue run lose on Mercy? Of all people? Only if you knew

Lleigh... wink
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Precial419: 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
HI DIS WORK IS SUPERB.ANYWAY I DONT THERES ANOTHER GUY IN MERCY'S LIFE. SHE WANTS TO TRAP REMI WITH D BABY HOPING DIER R/SHIP CONTINUES

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 6:50am On Dec 30, 2016
jagugu88li:
Mama Papa Remi, you're letting your tongue run lose on Mercy? Of all people? Only if you knew

Lleigh... wink

Hello jagugu88li wetin Papa do now wink
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 6:51am On Dec 30, 2016
Precial419:
HI DIS WORK IS SUPERB.ANYWAY I DONT THERES ANOTHER GUY IN MERCY'S LIFE. SHE WANTS TO TRAP REMI WITH D BABY HOPING DIER R/SHIP CONTINUES

Hi precial419 thank you for stopping by and commenting
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by nastynic(m): 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2016
heheheheheheheheheheheheheehhe! grin
He has come again...
Good work lleigh,
just keep em coming..
#loving this story like mad.
Greg, jagugu,adesina,tuhndhay, creeza, hope say popcorn never finish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Tuhndhay(m): 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2016
nastynic:
heheheheheheheheheheheheheehhe! grin
He has come again...
Good work lleigh,
just keep em coming..
#loving this story like mad.
Greg, jagugu,adesina,tuhndhay, creeza, hope say popcorn never finish

Can't believe i did not get a mention from Lleigh..... The counsel will seat to determine what to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Pureheart91(m): 10:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
The Presido Was Here
just looking @ how it unfolds.
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2016
Tuhndhay:

Can't believe i did not get a mention from Lleigh..... The counsel will seat to determine what to do

Apologies Tuhndhay grin
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 11:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
Chapter 36

cc swann, Adesina12, Aitee1, soleski01, Lawlahdey, girlhaley, sexybbstar, jagugu88li, ADECULATE, Amenaghwon, okorro1, Simplebea, Nmaglit,
DADDYSLY, osleek, xamster, sirOrubebe, Bobbybube, julietogbo, Zehner, itsandi, ROYH, Osman1966, chii8, tonye72, Winters22, omamush, Twinkle004, Creeza, skarlett, bibijay123, debra101, sammyfreshsmooth, mozb, prinxxdave, cutietee, kinah, IamLukas, harameede99, ladySuperb, dominicnuel, sod09, chara019, yorhmienerd, obumsway, teel123, Pureheart91, Mobecs, latbas, nastynic, tuhndhay,

Sam stood up from her desk and opened the blinds, she had closed during the session with her last patient. The sunshine spilled into the room dispersing the feeling of doom and gloom that had previously pervaded the office.

According to the notes in front of Sam, the girl sitting in front of her had been her patient for the last eight months. She had been held in captivity under brutal conditions and was undergoing treatment with Sam for PTSD. This poor girl had gone through a lot, her only sin was having been, in the wrong school at the wrong time when it had been raided.

Sam did not recognise the girl. Luckily, she had always kept meticulous notes and that was what had helped her continue with the treatment for the girl. The fact that she had kept very detailed notes was had helped her get back into her work.

The intense nature of her work had helped take her mind away from the some of the gaps that still existed in her memory.

There were some people she remembered clearly and there were some other people she did not recognise at all. Luckily her patients weren’t aware of her memory lapse, she managed to hide it very well.

However, to be on the safe side before each patient arrived she read their case files meticulously, some patients details came back to her some others did not.

The girl said goodbye to Sam and walked out of her office.

Sam walked back to her desk, made some notes in the girl’s file and put it away.

She sighed, as she rested her head in her hands, lost in thought.

One person she had no notes on, was the enigma called Remi.

According to him, they had met each other at the gym, which was quite plausible; he said she had helped whip him into shape.
He did look spectacular, she had to admit. She fantasised about running her hands down his torso a lot in the middle of the night, waking up very hot and flustered.

She laughed softly to herself, yes he was a hunk. She sighed and packed her bags.

She had started going back to the gym and after the initial hell of DOMS she had got back into a routine and got back in shape. From what she could see and feel her body enjoyed it, she must have done a lot of gym work in the past, as she quickly got her muscle tone back.

Whenever she questioned Remi more intently about their so called relationship, he always left something out.

There was something he wasn’t telling her and the omission was obvious to her. He must have thought he hid it well, which he did to be honest; it was just her training that helped her pick up his tell.
There was something he wasn’t telling her.

She picked up the piece of rope on her desk and started twisting it, still in her seat.

The other issue she had with him was the pregnancy; it scared her. Remi had even suggested that the three of them meet but she had balked at that idea.

She really wished she had someone who she could talk with about Remi, she was scared.

She was staring at the abyss and she didn’t know if she should jump in with Remi or run away from him...
Emotions had always scared her. Here, she was being asked to a risk and a chance on Remi.

She wasn’t sure if she could or should. He had been so patient and understanding with her. He had let her know that he would do anything to ensure they got together as a couple.

Remi had been with Yomi and Bayo looking for her, so she must have meant something to him, she was indeed very grateful to him.
He had come out to see her three times while she was recovering in New York and he had been to her house every weekend since she got back.

If he wasn’t hovering over her and looking after her, he was at work, or he went to see Mercy.

Mercy was still living with her partner; she did not want to leave him. From what Remi told her, the said partner was not around a lot.

We really do know how to complicate things, as human beings, she thought, while she made an intricate knot with the rope she had in her hands.
She finished annotating her last patient’s notes, picked up her bag and went over to her assistant to go over the cases for the day. They went over her diary and appointments for the next day, consequently she said goodbye and left to go home.

She drove home, lost in thought.

She got home showered and changed as she waited for Remi to pick her up.

Remi wanted her to go with him to interview and chat with the woman his Mum had found who could potentially be his live in nanny.

Remi wanted her professional advice on the woman.
Would she wake up and kill him in the middle of the night or would she end up trying to sleep with him and get her wicked way with him.

Even though he had jokingly delivered those questions, she knew he was serious and worried.

Sam had laughed at him, but had agreed to come over as a professional and run a psychological test on the potential nanny.
So here she was nervous as hell waiting for Remi to turn up.

The meeting was being held at Remi’s Mum’s shop, well the warehouse that was attached to it; where she had an office.

Sam felt uneasy, she had been having a strange feeling all day.

Something was going to happen, she had learnt as a child to take heed of that feeling, it always heralded a major event good or bad.

The beep of her phone alerted her that a notification had arrived, it was a text message from Remi.

Remi: Hi Sam, I am outside ready when you are.
Ok, coming out, she replied.

She locked her door and stepped into his car.

‘Hi’ she said.
He leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

‘How was work today? Did you recognise any more of your patients?’ he asked, the concern obvious in his voice.

‘No, but it’s a good thing I kept good notes, that has helped me a lot’ she replied, as she played with the strap of her bag.

‘Shame I didn’t keep any notes on you Remi. I still don’t know who you are’ she smiled wistfully.

‘You might only be interested in me because I can give you free psychological profiles’ she joked with him.

He looked over at her, ‘what do you want to know Sam? Ask me and I will tell you. You already know that I am in a bit of a jam, with this baby coming and I have spoken to you about my ex long term girlfriend.’ he said, as he concentrated on his driving.

‘All I know Remi, is that there is something you are not telling me’ she said, as she looked at him.

There, if she had looked away she would have missed it. Desire and something else flashed in his eyes when he stared at her, then it was gone.

‘I have told you everything’ he said, as he touched her hand resting on her thigh.

They drove in silence till they got to his Mum’s place.

Remi’s Mum had not said too much about the woman to Remi; all Sam knew was that it had taken Remi’s Mum two months to narrow down the search for a suitable carer for her grandchild.

His Mother had personally interviewed twenty girls and had dismissed each applicant for one reason or the other.

Remi had threatened to carry out the interviews himself, the look and ear bashing he got from his Mother, made him drop that idea pretty fast.

The clock was rapidly ticking, Mercy had left Lagos and was now holed up somewhere in Kano. She only had 6-8 weeks left so Remi was getting worried, he hoped this woman would be the one.

Sam went into the office pulled out her laptop and a notepad, ready to question the lady on Remi’s behalf. The interview had been set for half past five, at 5.20 there was a knock on the door.

Remi was in the main shop with his Mum and had left Sam on her own for the first part of the interview.
The woman who walked in was tall, elegantly dressed with a dark complexion. Sam put her to be around 50. She reminded her of a headmistress but with a warm and friendly demeanour.

Looking over her properly again Sam realised that she could not actually place her age.

She stood up to welcome the woman.

‘Good afternoon, thank you for coming please take a seat.’ Sam said to her.

‘My name is Sam.’ She said, as she put her hand out to shake the woman.

‘Hi my name is Kechi Ojukwu.’ The woman replied, shaking Sam’s hand.

Interesting Sam thought, same surname as my maiden name.

The feeling of unease she had experienced all day intensified as she stared at the woman.

The woman stared at her and became still, if Sam hadn’t been watching closely she would have missed it, there was something in that glance.
She dismissed the feeling of unease and started asking her the questions she had prepared.
Sam ran through the questions with Kechi, she passed them all with flying colours.
Remi’s Mother had been right.

One answer hinted at some sort of loss of some she had experienced, which was normal. We all go through loss at one stage or the other in life, Sam thought as she went over the answers again.

Sam could not resist, ‘Kechi, how old are you?’ Sam asked while making notes on her laptop.

‘I am 67 Sam, I hope that isn’t a problem?’ Kechi smiled shyly at her.

Wow, Sam was gob smacked.

Her face was unlined and her figure would give most thirty something’s a run for their money, she thought.

‘So why do you want this job, Kechi? It will be demanding.’ Sam queried her.

‘Do you have any children?, Sam continued.

‘No I don’t have children’ Kechi replied, sadness and regret evident in her tone.

‘But I have been looking after children all my life as you can see, I am a Norland trained Nanny. I haven’t actually worked since I have been back in Nigeria, as traditional English nannies are not in demand here, but I took a chance after doing my research on the young man who needs a nanny.’
‘I will also give you my references if needed.’ Kechi continued.

‘Please may I ask you a question, it’s Sam right?’ Kechi asked.

‘Yes, sure you can,' Sam replied.

Sam’s feeling of uneasiness increased there was something about this woman, she was staring at her as if she had seen a ghost.
‘Is your Mother’s name Remi?’

Sam’s heart slowed down, she heard the pounding in her head. She looked back up at the woman.

‘Yes, why? Sam asked, dread in her voice.

‘Oh my God, Nkechi, is it really you?’ the woman gasped.

Sam’s second name was Nkechi no one had ever called her that, she had always gone by the name of Samantha. She did know her mum’s name had been Remi Ojukwu. But the surname was a common one, she had come across a lot of them in her life travels.

‘Who is Nkechi?’ Sam asked, as a headache started building on her temples, it was similar to the ones she had experienced in hospital while in NY. She closed her eyes, she saw the man with the vest but she breathed slowly and willed the image away it was not real.

The woman, dropped her bag and ran over to Sam.

‘Are you ok, Sam?’ she asked her, her hand on her shoulder.

‘I am ok, thank you. It’s just a bad headache.’ Sam replied.

The woman went back to her seat and opened up her bag.

‘I don’t know why I had the urge to put this picture in my bag today.‘ Kechi rummaged through her bag and pulled out a bible.

‘I have spent the last twenty five years looking for my sister and her daughter, every time I went for an interview, I always took this with me as a good luck charm.’ She opened the bible and was staring at something in the middle of the bible.

‘I was getting bored at home and was contemplating going back to England when I saw the ad’ she said softly, still staring at something in her bible.

She took out an old dog-eared picture and showed it to Sam, it was a picture of a young woman and a child holding a cuddly toy. The young woman in the picture was a carbon copy of Sam.

The exact copy of the picture the woman was holding out to her; was in Sam’s bible that resided on her bed stand at home, it was a picture of Sam as a child holding on to her favourite toy Mr Snoopy, with her Mother.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by SPDAZZY(f): 6:55am On Dec 31, 2016
Interesting shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 7:35am On Dec 31, 2016
SPDAZZY:
Interesting shocked

Hi SPDAZZY thanks for stopping by.

Happy New Year in Advance
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Gabbyraze(m): 9:34am On Dec 31, 2016
Reunion...lovely lovely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 10:11am On Dec 31, 2016
Gabbyraze:
Reunion...lovely lovely

Hi Gabbyraze thank you for commenting.

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by SPDAZZY(f): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2016
Lleigh:

Hi SPDAZZY thanks for stopping by.

Thanks Lleigh, I wish you the best in 2017,more data to your device
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Creeza(m): 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
I liked this reunion... This Kechi will help Sam recover some if not all the bits that are missing.... In no time she'll regain her memory..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2016
Creeza:
I liked this reunion... This Kechi will help Sam recover some if not all the bits that are missing.... In no time she'll regain her memory..

Hi Creeza thank you. Fingers crossed for the namesakes.

Happy New year's Eve

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Adesina12: 1:50pm On Dec 31, 2016
A new chapter in Sam's life I guess

Weldone Lleigh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
Adesina12:
A new chapter in Sam's life I guess

Weldone Lleigh

Thank you Adesina12
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by soleski01(m): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
Sweet reunion; sweet!
Samantha would soon be Sam.
Good one, Lleigh.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply)

Love Really Is Strange / The Village Girl / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.