Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

The Club a story - #nlwriters - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Club a story - #nlwriters (108697 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Hikmaking(f): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2017
boldndbeautiful:

Hey bday mate, hope ur turnup was good, anyway thank God 4 adding anoda year to our years.
Yipee!!! I yaf see another twin o...congratulations to us darling, more fruitful years ahead...PROUDLY CAPRICORN
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Jman3(m): 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
*Looks everywhere*....where is lleigh? We really need more updates. Just when we are coming to terms with a twist, you open a new dimension. Terrible you! grin
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by teel123(f): 8:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
Lleigh where thou goest. Thou promiseth UPDATE foreth ToDAY. Show face ooo or i will quote NIV again.
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Audrinakane(f): 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
Lleigh baby we are waiting for update oooo. Please mercy us and update biko cry

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 12:07am On Jan 08, 2017
Chapter 37

Dedicated to Hikmaking Happy birthday in arrears VIP table for you and harameede99 happy birthday in advance.

Remi watched as his Mum made witty conversation with one of her customers, by the time the lady left the shop she had bought three more items she did not need. Most probably the poor woman had come in to buy one thing, he watched in amusement as the woman left the shop laden with bags.

His Mother was a born sales person, he had always told her that she could sell ice to the Eskimos, she had always found that particular joke funny.

He paced in his Mother’s shop wondering how Sam was getting on.

‘Remi, please stop pacing. You are making me dizzy’ she told him.

‘I believe this will be the best person for the job, she will be expensive, but I think she will be the one.’ She said as she started putting things away, in preparation for closing.

‘However, I will defer to Sam’s expertise regarding the final decision. She will be able to detect if there is anything we need to be worried about.’ His Mother said.

‘Don’t worry Remi, everything will eventually be fine. It might look difficult now but don’t worry’ she said, as she put a hand on his shoulder.

Remi stopped pacing; he really needed someone as soon as possible, Mercy could give birth to the baby in the next 4 weeks. He was full of trepidation about the birth and the arrival of a baby he still wasn’t prepared for.

If only he could convince Sam to take a chance with him, but she had been reluctant. He did not blame her, his Mother the eternal optimist had told him not to worry that things would work out for the best. It wasn’t looking that way at the moment.

‘Sam is not interested in me Mum, she thinks the whole thing is too complicated’ Remi sighed.

‘Remi, of course the thing is complicated, do you blame her? If it was your sister would you tell her to go with the guy?’ his Mother asked him.

‘No,’ he mumbled.

‘There you go, so be patient with her Remi, things will work out’ she told him.

He looked at his watch, Sam and the lady had been talking for more than ninety minutes; what kind of questionnaire was Sam putting the poor woman through, he thought.

He decided to go over to the warehouse and see what was happening there.

‘Mum I will be back shortly, I just need to check and see how Sam is getting on’ as he walked out of the door.

He bumped into Sam walking out of the door of the warehouse, tears were in her eyes. It was obvious that she was upset and she had been crying.

‘Sam, what wrong? What happened? Are you Ok?’ Remi asked, worry in his voice.

‘I don’t know’ Sam replied as she walked out of the warehouse.

Remi looked at her confused, he walked into the office and saw another lady sitting on a chair by the table wiping tears from her eyes.

Something was seriously wrong, he thought to himself.

‘Good evening, Ma. My name is Remi’ he said as he held out a hand towards the woman.

She looked up from dabbing her eyes and held out a hand.

He looked at her, there was something about the woman that reminded him of Sam, he couldn’t put his finger on what it was.

‘Good evening, my name is Kechi.’ The woman said as she held out her hand for him to shake.

‘What’s going on?’ Remi asked the woman.

‘Did you upset her?’ he stared at her.

That was it, when she moved her head in a certain way, the woman could pass for a relative of Sam’s there was something about her that looked similar to Sam’s facial features.

‘She is recovering from a serious accident.’ The accusation obvious in his tone, as he stared at the woman.

The woman gasped, ‘Oh my god, my Nkechi what happened to her?’ She looked up at Remi as more tears fell from her eyes.

Now this is weird, Remi thought to himself.

What the hell was going on?

He saw something on the table, he moved nearer to the table, he picked it up, it was a picture of Sam with a child.

His blood went cold, no one had told him Sam had a child. What had happened to the girl?
How come Sam hadn’t told him, how come Yomi had not mentioned that to him either.

‘Stay here’ he said to the lady, as he walked out of the office and walked towards his Mother’s shop.

He stopped dead in his tracks as he saw the sight in front of him.

His Mum had Sam in her arms and was comforting her, Sam was holding her head in her hands. Something must have triggered a headache, he thought. The doctors had explained that to him when he had been there; when she tried too hard to remember things a severe headache always followed, sometimes with flashbacks to the event.

Remi really felt helpless at not being able to help her, he wanted to hold her and comfort her.

His Mum sighted him and used her hand to tell him to go away.

He decided to go back to the woman to find out what had happened.

Kechi was standing in the warehouse in front of the table, she was stroking a face in the picture he had seen on the table.

She looked up as he walked in, she had regained her composure, the tears were gone in its place was the face of a calm and composed woman.
She reminded him of a head mistress, looking down at her students with firm and stern gaze.

‘Please can you tell me what is going on Kechi?’ Remi asked, this time the conciliatory tone in his voice was obvious.

‘Is Sam ok?’ she asked him, the play of her hands on her handbag the only thing showing that she was agitated about something.

‘She is ok for now, please tell me what happened.’ Remi asked her again.

Kechi sat up in her chair, straightened her back and stared at Remi.

‘My Father had an affair when I was younger, the lady he had an affair with got pregnant. He had never wanted it to go that far, according to him. Unfortunately the lady died during childbirth, my Father asked my Mother to take in the child. She refused saying that seeing the child would forever remind her of his infidelity. My Mother had always wished for another child but it had never happened, which was why my father thought she would be keen. Since my Mother refused, the child went to live with my Father’s sister. My Auntie treated the girl like her personal slave, I believe my Aunt’s husband abused the girl as she was growing up. When I found out that I had a sister I ensured that I spent as many of my holidays with my Auntie. While I was there Remi was treated well, when I left the abuse started all over again.’

She paused and looked at the picture in her hands.

‘I left Nigeria and went to study in England, I wanted to be a Nanny. I tried to keep in contact with my sister. My first job took me to the Middle East and I lost contact with her. We made contact again briefly when I heard she had moved to England. We kept in contact, she got pregnant and she named the baby Samantha, Nkechi after me her Auntie. I was going back to England to help her when I lost all contact with her. This is the last picture I have of Sam and my Sister. I have been looking for them since.’

The woman in the picture is my sister Remi and the child is Sam, Sam is the carbon copy of her Mother. Sam is my niece that I have been searching for, for the last twenty years.’

She paused and this time she burst into tears again.

Remi was flabbergasted, he had picked up the sadness in Sam when he had been with her in America regarding the fact that she did not really know who her parents or family were.

She had lived most of life with Micheal and Yomi’s family, her life before her fifth birthday had been fuzzy she told him.

Kechi looked at him, her composure once again restored and stared at him.

‘What is going on between the two of you and why is there another woman pregnant with your child?’ Kechi asked Remi.

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by soleski01(m): 6:05am On Jan 08, 2017
When trouble jam trouble!

A lot of complications, already.

Make dem just kill Sam nah. Kilode gan??!

Nice update, Lleigh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Hikmaking(f): 9:39am On Jan 08, 2017
shocked shocked**dancing shoki!!!! Anty Lleigh iyaf no forget my baiday*** thanks for the dedication ma'am kiss kiss kiss...what a update grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 9:59am On Jan 08, 2017
cc swann, Adesina12, Aitee1, soleski01, Lawlahdey, girlhaley, sexybbstar, jagugu88li, ADECULATE, Amenaghwon, okorro1, Simplebea, Nmaglit,
DADDYSLY, osleek, xamster, sirOrubebe, Bobbybube, julietogbo, Zehner, itsandi, ROYH, Osman1966, chii8, tonye72, Winters22, omamush, Twinkle004, Creeza, skarlett, bibijay123, debra101, sammyfreshsmooth, mozb, prinxxdave, cutietee, kinah, IamLukas, harameede99, ladySuperb, dominicnuel, sod09, chara019, yorhmienerd, obumsway, teel123, Pureheart91, Mobecs, latbas, DarkRebel101, Babsopey, Angelinastto, skarlett, Chumzypinky, opal4real, Mobecs, latbas, biafraBushBoy, AndyAustin, kingsmith4, ladyverere, KunleAkinola, rachealfst, mrsuccessful, JMK9600, Michelle55, Audrinakane, Smooth278, Ashley87, Sonamjs, nastynic, orluuchi, brighttech95, DavidPaul, Tuhndhay, MozB, Kaycee625, Perfectionist11,

updated grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 10:06am On Jan 08, 2017
soleski01:
When trouble jam trouble!

A lot of complications, already.

Make dem just kill Sam nah. Kilode gan??!

Nice update, Lleigh.

haba soleski01 i don't kill people o

2 Likes

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 10:18am On Jan 08, 2017
teel123:
Lleigh where thou goest. Thou promiseth UPDATE foreth ToDAY. Show face ooo or i will quote NIV again.

hi teel123 I have updated, sorry for the delay
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 10:19am On Jan 08, 2017
Audrinakane:
Lleigh baby we are waiting for update oooo. Please mercy us and update biko cry

Audrinakane I have updated smiley
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 08, 2017
I don't like Kechi.......i have a feeling she will play marriage counselor between Remi and Sam..........horrible.

May I ask?.......seeing that Sam hasn't fully recovered and aunt Kechi has gone against the doctor's advice as Remi mentioned, is it possible that Sam's condition worsens, leaving her........not brain damaged but....clueless?

#TeamMercy ......this girl, I need her to damage Remi's heart. Infact.....
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Missmossy(f): 11:10am On Jan 08, 2017
Something seems amiss here, eager to know how it turns out to be. Sam has gone through a lot already. Keep it coming, more wisdom and strength to you Lleigh even though you don't mention me in your updates anymore

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 11:49am On Jan 08, 2017
Missmossy:
Something seems amiss here, eager to know how it turns out to be. Sam has gone through a lot already. Keep it coming, more wisdom and strength to you Lleigh even though you don't mention me in your updates anymore

Missmossy Happy New Year smiley

please accept my apologies, I will not leave you out again.

hope you stay with the story
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Missmossy(f): 12:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
Lleigh:

Missmossy Happy New Year smiley

please accept my apologies, I will not leave you out again.

hope you stay with the story
Same to you dear, accepted. I definitely will. Bring it on cheesy following with keen interest.

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Aitee1: 12:21pm On Jan 08, 2017
Lleigh:

I have updated, sorry for the delay

Nice one happy Sunday to you!

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Perfectionist11: 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
Can we get another update today?..jez to make up for the break.

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Ehmjay(m): 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2017
Uhmmmm...nice update
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
Lleigh's writing three stories yet delivers it hot in each of them. (Bows down)

I'm loving these twists...

This aunty Kechi might either be the glue that holds Sam and Remi or the acetone that breaks them apart.

I won't make any assumptions on which she will be because lleigh will prove me wrong grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Angelinastto(f): 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2017
cheesy thanks for the update honey!
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Angelinastto(f): 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2017
cheesy thanks for the mention honey!
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
swann:

This aunty Kechi might either be the glue that holds Sam and Remi or the acetone that breaks them apart.
The latter please sad

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2017
jagugu88li:
The latter please sad
I hope not angry
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Jman3(m): 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2017
Welcome back lleigh! Missed your twists and turns. I suspect that Kechi wont let sam out of her sight again after finding sam....and this woukd lead to kechi filling up all sam's missing childhood memories....and this would lead to sam regaining some of her memories.....and lead to her remembering Remi and lead to Michael (ex hubby) telling her to move on with Remi....and leads to her re-falling in love with Remi and leads to marraige....and leads to twins and leads to....THE END! Mercy grin will try some gragra but my crystal ball has blocked it. angry
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Audrinakane(f): 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2017
[quote author=Jman3 post=52674767]Welcome back lleigh! Missed your twists and turns. I suspect that Kechi wont let sam out of her sight again after finding sam....and this woukd lead to kechi filling up all sam's missing childhood memories....and this would lead to sam regaining some of her memories.....and lead to her remembering Remi and lead to Michael (ex hubby) telling her to move on with Remi....and leads to her re-falling in love with Remi and leads to marraige....and leads to twins and leads to....THE END! Mercy grin will try some gragra but my crystal ball has blocked it. angry[/quote

Don't let jagugu88li to catch you oo grin. She will kill you. Let us give Remy and Mercy a chance. grin
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by MummyIMadeIt: 10:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
leigh come and give us more ojere----- shocked

WE NEED TO COMPLETE OUR AUCTION OOO wink

2 Likes

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by samwise180(m): 6:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
Waiting for update of this story
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by samyfreshsmooth(m): 11:15pm On Jan 11, 2017
wow i tot d story shuld have ended by nw bt it seems pretty miss (or is it mrs?) Lleigh has go more twists and turns for d story.....

make dis sam do regain e memory make she go back to d club na...i miss the club already....

u're doing great job ma'am and I FOLLOW STILL grin

PS:u dnt seem 2 get me moniker rite....its samyfreshsmooth nat sammyfreshsmooth...dats y i dnt see any mentions 4rm u wen u update....
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hi everyone sorry for the absence.

I have been ill and a few other things.

I am back and more updates this weekend.

Jagugu88li hope you are feeling better kiss

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Adesina12: 8:19pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lleigh:

So both Lleigh and jagugu strong at the same time

Epele oooo, ore ni e fi se....na friend thing

Get well soon

I am bringing popcorn to your door with panasharp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by samyfreshsmooth(m): 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2017
sorry honey.....jxt take ur time with d story......anytime u update we dy here.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Aitee1: 8:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
Lleigh:

So sorry about your health!!! Be strong!

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Reply)

Love Really Is Strange / The Village Girl / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.