Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) (7334 Views)

Ray Comfort Makes Atheists Think Deep. / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Pidggin(f): 8:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:
Ray comfort has no formal tertiary education he knows nothing of science. If DNA is too complex to come about by chance, then how can a God complex and intelligent enough to create the DNA come from nothing?
And if God can come from nothing then why can't DNA which is less complex than God come by chance.

God didn't come from nothing, he gave meaning to everything. It is because of Him all exists. This is a logical statement because God is intelligent whereas matter which is supposed to have created something as complex as DNA has no sense

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 25, 2016
Pidggin:

God didn't come from nothing, he gave meaning to everything. It is because of Him all exists. This is a logical statement because God is intelligent whereas matter which is supposed to have created something as complex as DNA has no sense
So how did God come from na. Was it matter that formed him or what? Please explain
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Pidggin(f): 9:37am On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:

So how did God come from na. Was it matter that formed him or what? Please explain

He is a Spirit, He created matter not the other way around
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 25, 2016
Pidggin:

He is a Spirit, He created matter not the other way around
And how did this spirit that science has not identified come about.

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Wilgrea7(m): 11:21am On Oct 25, 2016
Lennycool:
Ray comfort has no formal tertiary education he knows nothing of science. If DNA is too complex to come about by chance, then how can a God complex and intelligent enough to create the DNA come from nothing?
And if God can come from nothing then why can't DNA which is less complex than God come by chance.

atheists claiming God came from nothing... is not true.. God didn't come from nothing
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by plaetton: 11:31am On Oct 25, 2016
You know, one of the main reasons I jettisoned Christianity early in my teenage years was that I kept going to Church Sunday after Sunday to hear something new, a new revelation, a new experience.
But Sunday after Sunday , it was the same old recycled bullshyte, sometimes in different packaging.

When I considered that these bullshytes had been recycling for 2,000 years, I could no longer pretend that they made any sense.

Same thing with this so-called movie or documentary.
I knew that there is no way anything emanating from pulpit pimps could contain anything new, other than same recycled faith-logic that they have been peddling for 2,000 yrs.
Nothing in the movie would ever pass the test of rational logic.

The documentary was obviously baked by a person of faith, for people of faith.

4 Likes

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by jonbellion(m): 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Pidggin:

God didn't come from nothing, he gave meaning to everything. It is because of Him all exists. This is a logical statement because God is intelligent whereas matter which is supposed to have created something as complex as has no sense
iono if a God exists or not but the Abrahamic God is not a scientist in any sense of the word. In that bronze age book the bible he was totally ignorant to anything related to science. Besides apart from that the book is morally backward with a time frame of about 2000 years. Didn't the bible say it is a shame for.a woman to speak in the church. In the early church women weren't even allowed in the Choir. Plus the attributes sounds like he was made my man and not the other way around. If there is a God it is safe to assume that he is a scientist and won't want it's creation taking anything on blind faith

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by AgentOfAllah: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2016
ColdHardTruth:

...and that the alternative to not knowing everything is automatically Christianity.

That’s perhaps the biggest logical failure in the film. Comfort argues evolution is impossible, and then claims that “establishes the Bible” as true. How’s that for a leap of faith? He goes from “We don’t understand this” to “the Christian version of the story is totally accurate,” jumping from Point A to Point Z without any steps in between.

This is the reason I stopped watching it after the first 15 or so mins. It's also the reason I kept watching it up until the said time...I kept waiting for the interviewee who would ask how he made that leap, assuming even, that his claims of an intelligent book writer is true. He introduced a quote attributed, supposedly, to Bill Gates that the DNA is like a computer program, only more sophisticated (or something like that). We've all used Windows PCs at some point(s) in our lives (I imagine), yet, at no time do we ever see these remarkable inventions glorifying their inventor. Imagine how off-putting it would be; indeed, how megalomaniacal Bill would seem if every time you turned on your computer, the boot screen had something like: "Hail Bill Gates, my supreme creator...Windows is Now Booting".

I am left to conclude that it is either by supernatural providence or an effective job of selective editing that there was not even a single interviewee that asked "Okay Comfort, but how did you make that leap?"

That still isn't the biggest failure of the whole thingumajig though. Methinks its biggest failure is the assumption that because I am atheist, I should give a damn about biogenesis or chickens and eggs (beyond the occasional protein nourishment therefrom).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Edenoscar(m): 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
Am curious were those people atheist or it was just acting,cos non of them asked him any question whatsoever it was a case of just sit let me teach you

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by AgentOfAllah: 1:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
Edenoscar:
Am curious were those people atheist or it was just acting,cos non of them asked him any question whatsoever it was a case of just sit let me teach you

They may very well have been atheists, but that doesn't mean they gave any more thoughts to their lack of belief than say a cow or a cat, nor are they obliged to! It is enough justification that one is atheist due to the absence of evidence for theism. The only demand I'd persistently make to Comfort is "give me the evidence for this god of yours instead of mindfarting me into surrendering that somehow, the absence of explanation for for universe is proof that your god is responsible".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Weah96: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ray Comfort and a banana go hand in hand. The banana is a sign that the bible is true, just look at how it fits neatly into the human hand.

It also slides neatly into the human yansch, but we wouldn't want to get sidetracked now, would we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXLqDGL1FSg

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Pidggin(f): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
iono if a God exists or not but the Abrahamic God is not a scientist in any sense of the word. In that bronze age book the bible he was totally ignorant to anything related to science. Besides apart from that the book is morally backward with a time frame of about 2000 years. Didn't the bible say it is a shame for.a woman to speak in the church. In the early church women weren't even allowed in the Choir. Plus the attributes sounds like he was made my man and not the other way around. If there is a God it is safe to assume that he is a scientist and won't want it's creation taking anything on blind faith

He changed water to wine surely that is one good evidence of His expertise in science
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by jonbellion(m): 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
Pidggin:

He changed water to wine surely that is one good evidence of His expertise in science
*facepalm*
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Pidggin(f): 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
jonbellion:
*facepalm*

God does not need science to prove His existence brethren,science can still not explain several documented miracles. No one is forcing you to believe. You can believe in Charles Darwin if you like but get on with your lives and stop wasting your short existence on us Christians who will live beyond this world.
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by jonbellion(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
Pidggin:

God does not need science to prove His existence brethren,science can still not explain several documented miracles. No one is forcing you to believe. You can believe in Charles Darwin if you like but get on with your lives and stop wasting your short existence on us Christians who will live beyond this world.
I am not rejecting the idea of a supreme being I'm just saying the Abrahamic version is made up. Or you believe that a man named all the animals and a woman came out of his rib and they were deceived by a talking snake in a garden in the middle east. How is this the answer. This only brings more confusion
The existance of a supreme being for now is unknowable. There might be one but it is but Yahweh. How can he creator of our universe pick a favorite tribe for Pete's sake. What makes you think he won't reject christians and embrace Jews(his chosen people) they don't even believe in Jesus Christ since the has a favorite tribe
The Abrahamic God is not the answer
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by ColdHardTruth: 9:32am On Oct 27, 2016
Pampee:
Wait a minute. I just recently joined Nairaland and wasn't away that there are rationally sound minded Nigerians like u guys. I had already lost hope in Nigerians with these their God delusions and disconnection from reality. It's like a disease of the mind. I am so glad I stumbled onto this thread.
Saying Ray comfort is stupid is an understatement. The guy is a total nut job seriously. I first heard about the documentary from patheos.com on saturday and decided to watch it. COLDHARDTRUTH nailed it in his review. I couldnt say it any better. Keep up the good work

Thanks Pampee
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

JUST CAME OUT THE NL JAIL... AFTER MANY MONTHS OF FASTING AND CONSTANT PRAYERS BY GOOD PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD.

GOD FINALLY ANSWERED, HE'S GOOD ALL THE TIME! cheesy
hopefulLandlord:

Glory be to FSM
I also just came outta NL jail today too
Two miracles in One day??

Praise be to the Sphagetti Monster.

His Noodles endureth forever cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by hahn(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

JUST CAME OUT THE NL JAIL... AFTER MANY MONTHS OF FASTING AND CONSTANT PRAYERS BY GOOD PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD.

GOD FINALLY ANSWERED, HE'S GOOD ALL THE TIME! cheesy

Mad man cheesy

How long was your ban sef?
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Image123(m): 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2016
See this ones that cannot keep their fellow atheist friend's simple laws. Little wonder, they do not want God to exist.
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by hopefulLandlord: 3:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
Image123:
See this ones that cannot keep their fellow atheist friend's simple laws. Little wonder, they do not want God to exist.

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by jonbellion(m): 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=50869083][/quote]lol you should know thiests by now
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by GoodMuyis(m): 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2016
You atheist are drunkship of confuse fellow

=> If God Doesnt Exit; stick to that Argument
=> If God is without empathy; hold on to that
=> If God Evolve from somewhere and somehow; Prove that

--------------------
Atheist Argument be like
[size=18pt]x = 0 AND x = Odd Number
There is no God AND God is Bla Bla Bla Weeeee
[/size]
Wetin I wan type sef
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by groundnutoil(m): 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2016
SirWere:

Two miracles in One day??
Praise be to the Sphagetti Monster.
His Noodles endureth forever cheesycheesy
Lwkmd u dn kil me wit laf o were o
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
Pidggin:

Chai..... Jesus Christ!
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by CoolUsername: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
joyContraMundum:
Chai..... Jesus Christ!

Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by promise10: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
joyContraMundum:
Chai..... Jesus Christ!
you seem to be a newbie here, right?
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
promise10:

you seem to be a newbie here, right?
undecided I really wonder about that.....
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by CAPSLOCKED: 1:15am On Nov 27, 2016
hahn:

Mad man cheesy

How long was your term sef?

MY MAN.. TWAS FOR A MONTH.
AND IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY FIRST POST WHICH YOU REPLIED I WAS SENT ON ANOTHER EXILE AGAIN... cool
LOL, IF YOU DON'T SEE MY RED LIGHTS KNOW I'M BEHIND BARS AGAIN!
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by hopefulLandlord: 3:26am On Nov 27, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

AND IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY FIRST POST WHICH YOU REPLIED I WAS SENT ON ANOTHER EXILE AGAIN... cool

why are they banning you though? what was the reason given?
Re: A Review Of Ray Comfort’s The Atheist Delusion (yep, I Watched The Whole Thing) by hahn(m): 9:51am On Nov 27, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

"Cus I'm a criminal!" *in eminem's voice grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If You Found Out That Fasting Has Nothing To Do With Food ? / US Rapper; 21savage Practices Ifa Religion / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.