Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) (5205 Views)

Abdulrahman Yahaya Threatens Kadaria Ahmed For Converting To Christianity / Three American Lecturers In Atiku's University Convert To Islam In Adamawa. PICS / Three Brothers Convert To Islam In Imo State. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by MDsambo: 11:28am On Oct 24, 2016

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by MDsambo: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2016

1 Share

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by MDsambo: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2016

1 Like

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by MDsambo: 11:43am On Oct 24, 2016
cool

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by MDsambo: 11:46am On Oct 24, 2016

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 1:57am On Oct 25, 2016
Allahu akbar

2 Likes

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by OLAJADON: 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
MDsambo:
Keeping of beard in Islam is sunnah, it not mandatory. So don't make a big deal out of it
I don't keep beard infact I hate it naturally and I am a practicing Muslim, does that means I won't enter jannah?
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
OLAJADON:

Keeping of beard in Islam is sunnah, it not mandatory. So don't make a big deal out of it
I don't keep beard infact I hate it naturally and I am a practicing Muslim, does that means I won't enter jannah?

Hadith from rasullullaah that if a slave believes in Allaah, ie if he/she has an atom of iman in him will enter jannah, dat is sure. But that doesn't mean if Allaah won't punish a slave for his/her deed that he committed, if He wishes, but these punishments will be temporary unlike the mushrikoon/kuffar and munafiqoon/hypocrites which will be permanent, may Allaah not count us among them, ameen. There are muslims who engage in sins like zina, theft, backbiting etc and die upon it, it is up to allaah to punish or not!
You saying that you hate keeping beard and you're a practicing muslim is illogical here, bcuz there were people during the lifetime of rasullullah who were good in Quran recitation, who fought wars with him, who gave in charity abundantly but were munafiqoon(hypocrites) bcuz their intention wasn't pure, the mu'min back den did not knw abt dis except wen wahy/revelations comes down abt dem(hypocrites). Been a praciticing muslims is following the Qur'an wa sunnah,"[obey allaah and obey the rasul 'atihullahu wa 'atihu rasul"].
Also, u claim to hate keeping beard,(this is a statement that can lead to kufr o), but if one of those FILTHY, WORTHLESS, celebrities that you might like starts keeping beards, or starts wearing trousers above the ankle you will suddenly LOVE to keep beard or wear trousers above, be careful of falling into 'nifaq'/hypocrisy without knowing. Lemme leave u wif this:

"The last and best of the Messengers,
Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah
be upon him), let his beard grow, as did the
caliphs who came after him, and his
companions and the leaders and common
folk of the Muslims in all but the most
recent period, when many of them have
gone against the way of their Prophet (peace
and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and
their righteous predecessors (may Allaah be
pleased with them). But this is the way of
the Prophets and Messengers and their
followers, and it is part of the fitrah with
which Allaah created people, as is proven in
Saheeh Muslim. Hence the correct view is
that it is haraam to shave it, as was the view
favoured by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah
(may Allaah have mercy on him), because of
the command of the Prophet (peace and
blessings of Allaah be upon him) to let it
grow."

3 Likes

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 29, 2016
OLAJADON:

you hate THE SUNNAH OF MUHAMMAD (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)? if you can't do the sunnah of growing the beard(which is a sin by-the-way), do not speak ill of it as it might cause problems for you, the statement is a kufr statement, be careful of what you say.
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by OLAJADON: 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2016
lexiconkabir:

you hate THE SUNNAH OF MUHAMMAD (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)? if you can't do the sunnah of growing the beard(which is a sin by-the-way), do not speak ill of it as it might cause problems for you, the statement is a kufr statement, be careful of what you say.
I don't have the privilege of speaking ill of roosul infact, I dare not. Am only giving my personal view of it... I don't like keeping beard SO DOES THAT MEANS AM NOT A MUSLIM OR I WONT ENTER JANNAH
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
OLAJADON:

I don't have the privilege of speaking ill of roosul infact, I dare not. Am only giving my personal view of it... I don't like keeping beard SO DOES THAT MEANS AM NOT A MUSLIM OR I WONT ENTER JANNAH

you dare not speak ill of his sunnah but you just said you hate the beard,

islam is not a religion where just anyone can give his/her opinion, THIS IS THE DEEN OF ALLAAH!

Entering jannah cannot be decided by me, but by Allaah, Allaah is the most merciful and he forgives whom he wills, just follow Allaah and his messenger, and his messenger said we should, let the beard grow and pluck the moustache, if you don't do so, its a sin, and sins are capable of taking one to hell!

1 Like

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by OLAJADON: 10:06am On Oct 30, 2016
lexiconkabir:

you dare not speak ill of his sunnah but you just said you hate the beard,

islam is not a religion where just anyone can give his/her opinion, THIS IS THE DEEN OF ALLAAH!

Entering jannah cannot be decided by me, but by Allaah, Allaah is the most merciful and he forgives whom he wills, just follow Allaah and his messenger, and his messenger said we should, let the beard grow and pluck the moustache, if you don't do so, its a sin, and sins are capable of taking one to hell!
So are you saying it a must I keep beards,
I am not against keeping it, infact I encourage people to do it because it is sunnah, but I don't like it as an individual.... Moreover, keeping of beards as a sunnah is not mandatory.
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 30, 2016
OLAJADON:

So are you saying it a must I keep beards,
I am not against keeping it, infact I encourage people to do it because it is sunnah, but I don't like it as an individual.... Moreover, keeping of beards as a sunnah is not mandatory.

Actually it is mandatory and a must you keep it.

The prophet said; “Be different from the polytheists: let your beards grow and pluck your moustaches.”

And you said its not obligatory?

What's your proof that its not obligatory?
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by OLAJADON: 11:03am On Oct 30, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Actually it is mandatory and a must you keep it.

The prophet said; “Be different from the polytheists: let your beards grow and pluck your moustaches.”

And you said its not obligatory?

What's your proof that its not obligatory?
The prophet said be different from the polyteist did he say keeping beards will differentiate you from them don't we have Non Muslims that keep beards, moreover the Quran does not compulsion the keeping of beards, it is sunnah, you will have reward if you do so... But you don't have to force me to accept you ideology, that is been selfish.
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2016
OLAJADON:

The prophet said be different from the polyteist did he say keeping beards will differentiate you from them don't we have Non Muslims that keep beards

If that hadith isn't clear enough, then all i can say is, enjoy! The prophet said follow my sunnah and the sunnah of my rightly guided khalifahs, Umar ibn khattab do not take the report(without investigating) of someone who shave his beards, you know why? He sees them as faasiqs(sinners) and the directive of the Qur'an is to investigate a report that a faasiq bring, implying shaving of the beard is fusuq(disobedience).

moreover the Quran does not compulsion the keeping of beards, it is sunnah, you will have reward if you do so... But you don't have to force me to accept you ideology, that is been selfish.

The shareeah text of Islam is the Qur'an and the sunnah, not just the Qur'an, the prophet said he was given the Qur'an and something similar to it(i.e the sunnah), so if he makes anything halaal of haraam, its like Allaah making it haraam or halaal. The prophet said keeping the beard is part of a fitrah of a man.

What is fitrah? fitrah are things that when done, it makes one into the natural pattern on which Allaah made mankind and urged them to follow. So you want to leave your fitrah and look like a woman? The messenger cursed men that tries to look like a woman, by shaving your beards, you are changing your face to that of a woman.

Take heed! And no I'm not forcing you, if you like listen, if you like don't, mine is to convey the message, if you don't want to keep your beards, its none of my business, it becomes my business when you try to say "I hate the beards naturally" and "the beards is not a mandatory sunnah".
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by AideeSheks(m): 11:58am On Oct 30, 2016
OLAJADON:

The prophet said be different from the polyteist did he say keeping beards will differentiate you from them don't we have Non Muslims that keep beards, moreover the Quran does not compulsion the keeping of beards, it is sunnah, you will have reward if you do so... But you don't have to force me to accept you ideology, that is been selfish.
Asalam alaykum brother. I would like to implore you to please do an honest research on this issue. Go and look for what the scholars of islam have said regarding this and understand the proofs and logic they have given. I agree with all lexiconkabir has told you and if you're not yet convinced, you're free to look up on this more. The truth isn't hard to see, it just depends on whether we choose to acknowledge it or stay in denial.
Remember this dunya is a testing ground for us all, we weren't created to live by our own whims and desires. I understand that it appears hard at times when we have to leave some of the things we've gotten accustomed to just for the sake of pleasing Allah. Yes, it's never meant to be easy but I assure you that it is well worth it at the end of it all.
May Allah guide you brother.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by OLAJADON: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
AideeSheks:

Asalam alaykum brother. I would like to implore you to please do an honest research on this issue. Go and look for what the scholars of islam have said regarding this and understand the proofs and logic they have given. I agree with all lexiconkabir has told you and if you're not yet convinced, you're free to look up on this more. The truth isn't hard to see, it just depends on whether we choose to acknowledge it or stay in denial.
Remember this dunya is a testing ground for us all, we weren't created to live by our own whims and desires. I understand that it appears hard at times when we have to leave some of the things we've gotten accustomed to just for the sake of pleasing Allah. Yes, it's never meant to be easy but I assure you that it is well worth it at the end of it all.
May Allah guide you brother.
OK tnkz will do that
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by OLAJADON: 1:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
lexiconkabir:

If that hadith isn't clear enough, then all i can say is, enjoy! The prophet said follow my sunnah and the sunnah of my rightly guided khalifahs, Umar ibn khattab do not take the report(without investigating) of someone who shave his beards, you know why? He sees them as faasiqs(sinners) and the directive of the Qur'an is to investigate a report that a faasiq bring, implying shaving of the beard is fusuq(disobedience).

The shareeah text of Islam is the Qur'an and the sunnah, not just the Qur'an, the prophet said he was given the Qur'an and something similar to it(i.e the sunnah), so if he makes anything halaal of haraam, its like Allaah making it haraam or halaal. The prophet said keeping the beard is part of a fitrah of a man.

What is fitrah? fitrah are things that when done, it makes one into the natural pattern on which Allaah made mankind and urged them to follow. So you want to leave your fitrah and look like a woman? The messenger cursed men that tries to look like a woman, by shaving your beards, you are changing your face to that of a woman.

Take heed! And no I'm not forcing you, if you like listen, if you like don't, mine is to convey the message, if you don't want to keep your beards, its none of my business, it becomes my business when you try to say "I hate the beards naturally" and "the beards is not a mandatory sunnah".
I understand u, jazakumllah aikran, sorry if I sound rude.
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by OLAJADON: 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

Hadith from rasullullaah that if a slave believes in Allaah, ie if he/she has an atom of iman in him will enter jannah, dat is sure. But that doesn't mean if Allaah won't punish a slave for his/her deed that he committed, if He wishes, but these punishments will be temporary unlike the mushrikoon/kuffar and munafiqoon/hypocrites which will be permanent, may Allaah not count us among them, ameen. There are muslims who engage in sins like zina, theft, backbiting etc and die upon it, it is up to allaah to punish or not!
You saying that you hate keeping beard and you're a practicing muslim is illogical here, bcuz there were people during the lifetime of rasullullah who were good in Quran recitation, who fought wars with him, who gave in charity abundantly but were munafiqoon(hypocrites) bcuz their intention wasn't pure, the mu'min back den did not knw abt dis except wen wahy/revelations comes down abt dem(hypocrites). Been a praciticing muslims is following the Qur'an wa sunnah,"[obey allaah and obey the rasul 'atihullahu wa 'atihu rasul"].
Also, u claim to hate keeping beard,(this is a statement that can lead to kufr o), but if one of those FILTHY, WORTHLESS, celebrities that you might like starts keeping beards, or starts wearing trousers above the ankle you will suddenly LOVE to keep beard or wear trousers above, be careful of falling into 'nifaq'/hypocrisy without knowing. Lemme leave u wif this:

"The last and best of the Messengers,
Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah
be upon him), let his beard grow, as did the
caliphs who came after him, and his
companions and the leaders and common
folk of the Muslims in all but the most
recent period, when many of them have
gone against the way of their Prophet (peace
and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and
their righteous predecessors (may Allaah be
pleased with them). But this is the way of
the Prophets and Messengers and their
followers, and it is part of the fitrah with
which Allaah created people, as is proven in
Saheeh Muslim. Hence the correct view is
that it is haraam to shave it, as was the view
favoured by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah
(may Allaah have mercy on him), because of
the command of the Prophet (peace and
blessings of Allaah be upon him) to let it
grow."
Am not talking about celebrities here, am talking about myself.... U don't even know me, how sure are u that I even follow any of them, I am more of keeping to myself.
Following of the sunnah is not that easy, it depends greatly on the level of your eeman, so when next you trying to convince someone you try to be more logical or see from the person's point of view.
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by OLAJADON: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I had a mentality that follow of the sunnah is not compulsory, although all of them has their reward, also their are compulsory one and non compulsory ones, I was made to believe that their are some sunnah you follows depending on your heart desires.
Also ideas of different Scholars with different saying of Islam made me stop making enquire to some level e.g when I said about keeping tebleek(trouser above the knee) and if using tesbri(Islamic rosary) is bidah, most of their answers contradict each other.
But I understand the point you proving.
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
OLAJADON:

I had a mentality that follow of the sunnah is not compulsory, although all of them has their reward, also their are compulsory one and non compulsory ones, I was made to believe that their are some sunnah you follows depending on your heart desires

yes, not all sunnah ia compulsory, we have sunnah that are waajib(obligatory) and the ones that are mustahab(recommended), but shaving of the beards is part of the sunnah that is waajib, praying tahajjud is one of the sunnah that is mustahab, so to know about the sunnahs that are mustahab or waajib, you have to ask.

I also started keeping beards early this year, and i must tell you, it wasnt easy (and its still not easy) because i get mocked and bullied at times, although I'm used to it.

Also ideas of different Scholars with different saying of Islam made me stop making enquire to some level e.g when I said about keeping tebleek(trouser above the knee) and if using tesbri(Islamic rosary) is bidah, most of their answers contradict each other.
But I understand the point you proving.

don't just ask anybody that calls himself a scholar, ask the ones upon the sunnah, so whoever is giving answers should bring his evidence from the Qur'an and the Sunnah, if it doesn't go with those two, drop it, if it does accept it.....

note: these scholars must interpret those texts according to the way the sahabas, the students of the sahabas and the students of the students of the sahabas, the way they understood the texts, in short from, the way the salafs understood the text.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
OLAJADON:

I understand u, jazakumllah aikran, sorry if I sound rude.

sorry if i sounded harsh.

just read my post again and saw how it is, i was writing with gheerah(protective jealousy).
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by OLAJADON: 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2016
lexiconkabir:

yes, not all sunnah ia compulsory, we have sunnah that are waajib(obligatory) and the ones that are mustahab(recommended), but shaving of the beards is part of the sunnah that is waajib, praying tahajjud is one of the sunnah that is mustahab, so to know about the sunnahs that are mustahab or waajib, you have to ask.

I also started keeping beards early this year, and i must tell you, it wasnt easy (and its still not easy) because i get mocked and bullied at times, although I'm used to it.

don't just ask anybody that calls himself a scholar, ask the ones upon the sunnah, so whoever is giving answers should bring his evidence from the Qur'an and the Sunnah, if it doesn't go with those two, drop it, if it does accept it.....

note: these scholars must interpret those texts according to the way the sahabas, the students of the sahabas and the students of the students of the sahabas, the way they understood the texts, in short from, the way the salafs understood the text.
OK tnkz.... But what your take on trouser and rosary.
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
OLAJADON:

OK tnkz.... But what your take on trouser and rosary.

about trousers, it should be worn above the ankles, and as for rosary, according to shaykh ibn uthaymeen(which is the view i favour), it is not haraam to use rosary as there is evidence in the sunnah that the sahabas used pebbles for counting just like how the rosary is used for counting, but, it is safer and better to use your hands as this was the sunnah of Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

and Allaah knows best.
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by OLAJADON: 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
lexiconkabir:

about trousers, it should be worn above the ankles, and as for rosary, according to shaykh ibn uthaymeen(which is the view i favour), it is not haraam to use rosary as there is evidence in the sunnah that the sahabas used pebbles for counting just like how the rosary is used for counting, but, it is safer and better to use your hands as this was the sunnah of Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam).

and Allaah knows best.
I know it should be above the knee, but how compulsory is it?
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
OLAJADON:
I know it should be above the knee, but how compulsory is it?
not knee brother, ankle "kokose" and its a must.
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by OLAJADON: 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
lexiconkabir:

not knee brother, ankle "kokose" and its a must.
Will try, but the mockery will always b there,
Wallaha Allah
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2016
OLAJADON:

Will try, but the mockery will always b there,
Wallaha Allah

with time it will wear off – may Allaah bless you – you are in this life to please Allaah and no one else, would you rather please the creation of Allaah and displease the creator Himself – Allaah? that wouldn't be wise, its not going to be easy but you have to try...... build a relationship with the Qur'an, do lots of dhikr(that are authenticated in the shareeah), do fastings, things will work out magically for you and you will also tend to forget about the luxury of this life, once you forget about the luxury of this life, you won't mind what anyone says about you – may Allaah make it easy for you.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by President99: 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Wallahi, this is the problem with ur time! U seem to be like a muslim radicalised by Salafs in the university. Too judgemental.
For saying he hates beard, honestly speaking is absurd for him to have said it. However, keeping beard is sunna . who keeps it get rewarded and does not keep have no reward period!!
Always be sincere to urself how many sunna of Prophet Muhammad(SAW) have u carried out and how many have u not carried out??
Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
President99:
Wallahi, this is the problem with ur time! U seem to be like a muslim radicalised by Salafs in the university. Too judgemental.
For saying he hates beard, honestly speaking is absurd for him to have said it. However,

what is judgemental about my post, he spoke ill of the sunnah and i cautioned him, you have a problem with that?

keeping beard is sunna . who keeps it get rewarded and does not keep have no reward period!!

grin, your opinion and it holds no water!!

Always be sincere to urself how many sunna of Prophet Muhammad(SAW) have u carried out and how many have u not carried out??

now watch it, you don't know me on a personal level, and you have no right to ask me how i worship Allaah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before And After Converting To Islam (pics) by President99: 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
lexiconkabir:

what is judgemental about my post, he spoke ill of the sunnah and i cautioned him, you have a problem with that?

grin, your opinion and it holds no water!!

now watch it, you don't know me on a personal level, and you have no right to ask me how i worship Allaah.
May Allah (SWT) guide us to the right path. Ameen.

(1) (Reply)

Punctuation Signs in The Quran / Allah Is Above His Throne And He Is Close To Us By His Knowledge / Importance Of Reading And Acting Upon Qur'an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.