Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign (2529 Views)

Fayose Wears Igbo Cap In Presidential Campaign Poster / 2019: Buhari Presidential Ambition Speculative – APC / NCC Remits N70 Billion Into Federation Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by dukie25: 3:07pm On Oct 24, 2016
The immediate past governor of Rivers State and current Minister of Transport, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi illegally acquired and diverted not less than N40 billion of Rivers State funds into the presidential campaign of the All Progressives Congress (APC) which saw the emergence of Muhammadu Buhari as President, emerging details are revealing.

Funds running into billions of naira were unaccounted for in sleazy misappropriations allegedly facilitated and presided over by the former Rivers State governor. Sources informed about the shady deals under Amaechi availed SIGNAL, details that show how Rivers State’s treasury was emptied into private concerns of the former governor as well as the APC presidential campaign.

In October 2015, a Judicial Commission of Inquiry, set up to investigate the sale of state assets in Rivers State under Amaechi demanded the immediate prosecution of Amaechi and all his cronies involved in the illegal sale of Rivers State assets. According to the panel report, Amaechi misappropriated over N97 billion in the sale of the state valued assets.

“The commission recommends that the former governor of Rivers State, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, along with his former commissioners for Finance and Power, Dr. Chamberlain Peterside and Augustine Nwokocha, respectively, should be held to account for their roles in the sales of the power generation assets of First Independent Power Limited and the disbursement of the proceeds therefrom.

“Government accepts this recommendation and directs the office of the Honorable Attorney-General and commissioner for Justice, to promptly set in motion the appropriate machinery for the recovery of the proceeds of the sale of the gas turbines from the former governor, Rotimi Amaechi, and every other persons implicated in the commission’s report,” the Commissioner of Housing in Rivers State, Emma Okah, who spoke on behalf of the State Government, said.

In August 2015, reports in the Nigerian media were awash with Amaechi’s ownership of several foreign accounts. In one of the reports, it was alleged that “the sum of over 757 million U.S. dollars was stacked by Amaechi in a foreign U.S. Bancorp/Minnesota account.”

In swift reaction, the Integrity Group, a non-governmental organization, sent a petition to President Buhari as well as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission chairman to investigate Amaechi for the over N70 billion allegedly stolen from the Rivers State government.

According to investigative reports, backed with several documents attached to the Rivers State Judicial Commission of Inquiry report, this amount is separate from the N21 billion which the PDP claims Amaechi transferred from the Power Assets proceeds account of Access bank to the accounts of three private companies with a 25 Trans-Amadi Road, Port Harcourt address. Those companies are Advante Consulting and Management Company, Result Imports Experts Company, and Capital Ltd.

The PDP in Rivers State claim that there are many more instances of fraud and theft perpetrated by the former Governor, which is why they are asking President Buhari to probe Rotimi Amaechi’s past. But instead of probing Amaechi, his role as the benefactor of President Buhari’s campaign was fatly rewarded with a government appointment as Minister of Transport under Buhari.

http://www.signalng.com/report-how-amaechi-diverted-over-n40-billion-into-buharis-presidential-campaign/?wt=10

1 Like

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
APC Stalwarts are all Saints grin grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by blackpanda: 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
Mtscheeew

I was waiting to see evidence. But its just heap of crap! Tales by moonlight

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by PapaBaby: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
Mr Integrity shaking hands with Mr Corruption.

11 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by dukie25: 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
[s]
blackpanda:
Mtscheeew

[/s]
You won't know what evidence looks like even if it slaps you in the face.

15 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by Danosky502: 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
r u saying dat d saint of pmb's cabinet did dis

tell me somtin

3 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by Young03(m): 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
Eziokwu na aputa ihe

1 Like

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by blackpanda: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]
You won't know what evidence looks like even it slaps you in the face.

Shut up and get out!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by dukie25: 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
[s]
blackpanda:

Shut up and get out!
[/s]

How can I get out of my own thread?

See this Hausa boy, you no know your mate?

16 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by Izonpikin: 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
blackpanda:
Mtscheeew

must you support your thief

Why do you like corruption like this

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by Izonpikin: 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]

How can I get out of my own thread?

See this Hausa boy, you no know your mate?

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by ourema(f): 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
blackpanda:
Mtscheeew

Trying hard to protect useless politicians who don't even know you exist

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by Izonpikin: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]
You won't know what evidence looks like even it slaps you in the face.
my brother he won't even recognize it ooo..

Or he might recognize it but choose to turn his face the other way (hypocrisy that is).... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by dukie25: 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
Izonpikin:
my brother he won't even recognize it ooo..

Or he might recognize it but choose to turn his face the other way (hypocrisy that is).... grin

No mind Hausa boy, any Niger Deltan doing their bidding is a good Niger Deltan.

9 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by Abeymills(m): 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
Thieves selfish crooks in power if bubuhari mr fantastically corrupt president does not prosecute ametif one day he n his god bubuhari will face d music

1 Like

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by Paperwhite(m): 4:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
"Those who know me know I don't like money" but in another contrast statement "We steal because you don't stone us"- Amaechi. "Amaechi is a true child of God,he can't give bribe"-Rivers APC. " Leave Amaechi alone"-Enugu APC. "None of my ministers are corrupt"-Buhari. "People accusing my ministers without evidence".Nigeria is indeed a comedy of error.

2 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by maimalari: 4:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
dukie25:
The immediate past governor of Rivers State and current Minister of Transport, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi illegally acquired and diverted not less than N40 billion of Rivers State funds into the presidential campaign of the All Progressives Congress (APC) which saw the emergence of Muhammadu Buhari as President, emerging details are revealing.

Funds running into billions of naira were unaccounted for in sleazy misappropriations allegedly facilitated and presided over by the former Rivers State governor. Sources informed about the shady deals under Amaechi availed SIGNAL, details that show how Rivers State’s treasury was emptied into private concerns of the former governor as well as the APC presidential campaign.

In October 2015, a Judicial Commission of Inquiry, set up to investigate the sale of state assets in Rivers State under Amaechi demanded the immediate prosecution of Amaechi and all his cronies involved in the illegal sale of Rivers State assets. According to the panel report, Amaechi misappropriated over N97 billion in the sale of the state valued assets.

“The commission recommends that the former governor of Rivers State, Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, along with his former commissioners for Finance and Power, Dr. Chamberlain Peterside and Augustine Nwokocha, respectively, should be held to account for their roles in the sales of the power generation assets of First Independent Power Limited and the disbursement of the proceeds therefrom.

“Government accepts this recommendation and directs the office of the Honorable Attorney-General and commissioner for Justice, to promptly set in motion the appropriate machinery for the recovery of the proceeds of the sale of the gas turbines from the former governor, Rotimi Amaechi, and every other persons implicated in the commission’s report,” the Commissioner of Housing in Rivers State, Emma Okah, who spoke on behalf of the State Government, said.

In August 2015, reports in the Nigerian media were awash with Amaechi’s ownership of several foreign accounts. In one of the reports, it was alleged that “the sum of over 757 million U.S. dollars was stacked by Amaechi in a foreign U.S. Bancorp/Minnesota account.”

In swift reaction, the Integrity Group, a non-governmental organization, sent a petition to President Buhari as well as the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission chairman to investigate Amaechi for the over N70 billion allegedly stolen from the Rivers State government.

According to investigative reports, backed with several documents attached to the Rivers State Judicial Commission of Inquiry report, this amount is separate from the N21 billion which the PDP claims Amaechi transferred from the Power Assets proceeds account of Access bank to the accounts of three private companies with a 25 Trans-Amadi Road, Port Harcourt address. Those companies are Advante Consulting and Management Company, Result Imports Experts Company, and Capital Ltd.

The PDP in Rivers State claim that there are many more instances of fraud and theft perpetrated by the former Governor, which is why they are asking President Buhari to probe Rotimi Amaechi’s past. But instead of probing Amaechi, his role as the benefactor of President Buhari’s campaign was fatly rewarded with a government appointment as Minister of Transport under Buhari.

http://www.signalng.com/report-how-amaechi-diverted-over-n40-billion-into-buharis-presidential-campaign/?wt=10

IFO CHARPEEEE, WAR. Tales by moonlight. OP abeg tell us another story.

2 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by ourema(f): 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
blackpanda:
Mtscheeew

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by blackpanda: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
ourema:

Trying hard to protect useless politicians who don't even know you exist

Yea grin
Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by blackpanda: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
Izonpikin:
must you support your thief

Why do you like corruption like this

Na ur pant him tiff abi
Mtscheeew
Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by fitzmayowa: 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
I don't why PDP lie always why accuse Ameachi "The Child Of God" of corruption...

Ameachi "The Child of God" can and has never stolen a dime...cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by fitzmayowa: 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
PapaBaby:
Mr Integrity shaking hands with Mr Corruption. "Child of God"

Fixed...cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by QuotaSystem: 6:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
The Lion of Ubima obviously remains a bone in the neck of zombie wailers, to the point that they dug out a 10 month old article to soothe their aching hearts.

The FACT remains that Ameachi declared his innocence of the allegations in the hallowed chambers of the Nigerian Senate in the presence of PDP senators including their leader Godswill Akpabio, and rubbished the scam whitepaper released by Wike's bedroom committee during his ministerial screening which was streamed live to the homes of millions of Nigerians including mine, and he was screened, asked to bow and go.

Sai Rotimi Ameachi the Jonathan flusher.

2 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by dukie25: 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
[s]
QuotaSystem:
The Lion of Ubima obviously remains a bone in the neck of zombie wailers, to the point that they dug out a 10 month old article to soothe their aching hearts.

The FACT remains that Ameachi declared his innocence of the allegations in the hallowed chambers of the Nigerian Senate in the presence of PDP senators including their leader Godswill Akpabio, and rubbished the scam whitepaper released by Wike's bedroom committee during his ministerial screening which was streamed live to the homes of millions of Nigerians including mine, and he was screened, asked to bow and go.

Sai Rotimi Ameachi the Jonathan flusher.
[/s]

Lion of Ubima indeed but how come all his supporters are always Hausas like you?

3 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by dukie25: 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
[s]
fitzmayowa:
I don't why PDP lie always why accuse Ameachi "The Child Of God" of corruption...

Ameachi "The Child of God" can and has never stolen a dime...cheesy grin cheesy
[/s]

You're smoking some unrefined herbs, the effects are obvious.
Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by dukie25: 6:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
maimalari:

IFO CHARPEEEE, WAR. Tales by moonlight. OP abeg tell us another story.
Another Hausa man. Change your name from maimalari to something western to hide your northern roots if you must support Amaechi.

1 Like

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by fitzmayowa: 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]

You're smoking some unrefined herbs, the effects are obvious.

Oga I should be the one asking you that question go through my post again to decipher what I actually mean, before you begin tear cloth...

1 Like

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by TippyTop(m): 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
Amaechi remains the only Niger Deltan willing to suck a dikkkk for ministerial position.

2 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by dukie25: 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
[s]
fitzmayowa:

Oga I should be the one asking you that question go through my post again to decipher what I actually mean, before you begin tear cloth...
[/s]

Am not here to decipher what's in your head.
Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by QuotaSystem: 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]

Lion of Ubima indeed but how come all his supporters are always Hausas like you?

In fact I'm the one in the black shirt.

Pained wailers.

2 Likes

Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by HtwoOw: 6:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lolest
Re: How Amaechi Diverted Over N40 Billion Into Buhari’s Presidential Campaign by Gpdwise(m): 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
PapaBaby:
Mr Integrity shaking hands with Mr Corruption.

show me ur friends and I will tell u you who u are!!! if buhari and Amechi are Frnds and Amechi is corrupt what is buhari?

if Amechi is corrupt and wike is also corrupt what is now the hope of Rivers people...

APC and PDP I just wander what the difference is

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See White Lady, Husband And Their New Born Baby Adorn Biafran Designer's Wear / Governor Ambode Vs Governor Fashola / Nnamdi Kanu What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.