Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari (5025 Views)

Traditional Rulers Walk Out On Osinbajo In Delta State (Pics, Video) / Tinubu & Allies Walk Out Angrily As APC South-West Leaders Meet - Vanguard / Omogunwa's Defection To APC: PDP Senators Walk Out On Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by itsdumebi(m): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
Reliable reports indicate that President Muhammadu Buhari, has incurred the wrath of Leaders in the All Progressives Congress, APC, over the choice of nominees for non-career Ambassadors.

Recall, that last week, the Presidency sent names of Ambassadorial nominees for confirmation, by the Senate.

It was learnt that most of the 23 APC Governors are angry, because their candidates for the Ambassadorial posts, were rejected by the Presidency.

Governors, APC Leaders, and Ministers, who are party leaders in many States, especially where the governing party is not in control, were sidelined in the appointments.

“Many of these APC bigwigs are contemplating dumping APC, and forming a new party, if this mess continues,” a source said.

Reports, further indicate that Governor Adams Oshiomhole’s bid to have Professor Julius Ihonvbere, as Edo State nominee, could not fly, as the President opted for Uyagwe Igbe.

It was the same situation in Osun State, as Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s nominee, Senator Mudasiru Hussein, did not make the list.

Senate President, Bukola Saraki, was this time lucky, as the President conceded one of the two Ambassadorial nominees, Professor Mohammed G. Yisa, from Kwara State, to him.

It was learnt, that Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, was given only one, out of the 46 Ambassadorial slots submitted to the Senate for confirmation last week.

Eslewhere, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, confirmed the frustration of the APC members, over the appointment made so far by the President.

“Most members of the party, feel that they have not been carried along. I know that many of them are complaining every day,” Okorocha stated in an interview with Journalists, last Sunday.

It was gathered, that the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, and former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Babagana Kingibe, played prominent roles in the selection process.

Even the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, was said to have no input in the list of the nominees.

A source, said that Onyeama cannot complain, because the President’s Chief of Staff, facilitated his appointment as Minister.

“The appointment of the Ambassadors, is a continuation of the policy to sideline the Governors.

“When the Minister from my State was picked, I was not consulted, and when it is time for the Ambassadorial appointment, they did not consider my nominee. This is a party we all worked to build. I have spoken to quite a number of my colleague Governors, it is the same thing.

“To us, we believe the President has his own game plan. I’m sure he is building a separate structure for himself. When you sideline Governors and Party Leaders in appointments, then it means you are up to something.

“I can tell you conveniently, that most of the Party Leaders, especially Governors, are not happy with the President, over his choice of appointment,” a Governor said.

Reports, revealed that most of the State Governors and Party Leaders, had no input as to who represents their respective States on the foreign mission.

A source, further revealed that in instances where Governors and Party Leaders were asked to submit nominees, their lists were not considered.

The President personally requested for former Supreme Court Justice, Justice George Adesola Oguntade, and Senator Olorunnibe Mamora.

Mamora, was the Deputy Director General of the APC Presidential Campaign Council, and his appointment was long overdue.

On the choice of Justice Oguntade, Buhari nominated him, because of his forthrightness, especially based on the minority judgement he gave in his (President’s) favour in 2008.

When Buhari challenged the result of the 2007 Presidential election up to the Supreme Court, the apex court upheld the election of Umaru Yar’Adua, by 6-1. Justice Oguntade, gave the minority judgement in favour of Buhari.

In Ekiti, the APC members are angry over the choice of Ayodele I. Ayodeji. The nominee retired last year, after 35 years in the foreign service.

He is the immediate past Ambassador to Greece. APC members in the State, are angry that the likes of former Governor, Adeniyi Adebayo, and Senator Olu Adetunbi, were rejected, in preference for Ayodeji.
http://politicsngr.com/aregbesola-oshiomole-others-stage-walk-aso-rock/

cc : lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by Young03(m): 7:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
uddonmeanit

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by talktonase(m): 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2016
I just knew that nothing will come out of this meeting...

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2016
adonbelivit
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by Sunnymatey(m): 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by divinehand2003(m): 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
The dull one is making a mess of uniting APC together. Remember -
I belong to nobody and I belong to everybody!!!

BUBU will soon be left alone.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by sekundosekundo: 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
Really?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by LaPresidente(m): 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
Good for him
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by amunkita(m): 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
Disk is jos the beginning....

Una nefa chicomchin, wait till he wins 2nd tenure without general election...

6 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by CoolFreeday(m): 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2016
Am happy its no longer business as usual for the governors. why should they chose ambassadors for the President, did the president nominate commissioners for them.
let them go and face their state jor!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by macfako(m): 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
itsdumebi:
Reliable reports indicate that President Muhammadu Buhari, has incurred the wrath of Leaders in the All Progressives Congress, APC, over the choice of nominees for non-career Ambassadors.

Recall, that last week, the Presidency sent names of Ambassadorial nominees for confirmation, by the Senate.

It was learnt that most of the 23 APC Governors are angry, because their candidates for the Ambassadorial posts, were rejected by the Presidency.

Governors, APC Leaders, and Ministers, who are party leaders in many States, especially where the governing party is not in control, were sidelined in the appointments.

“Many of these APC bigwigs are contemplating dumping APC, and forming a new party, if this mess continues,” a source said.

Reports, further indicate that Governor Adams Oshiomhole’s bid to have Professor Julius Ihonvbere, as Edo State nominee, could not fly, as the President opted for Uyagwe Igbe.

It was the same situation in Osun State, as Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s nominee, Senator Mudasiru Hussein, did not make the list.

Senate President, Bukola Saraki, was this time lucky, as the President conceded one of the two Ambassadorial nominees, Professor Mohammed G. Yisa, from Kwara State, to him.

It was learnt, that Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, was given only one, out of the 46 Ambassadorial slots submitted to the Senate for confirmation last week.

Eslewhere, Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, confirmed the frustration of the APC members, over the appointment made so far by the President.

“Most members of the party, feel that they have not been carried along. I know that many of them are complaining every day,” Okorocha stated in an interview with Journalists, last Sunday.

It was gathered, that the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, and former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Babagana Kingibe, played prominent roles in the selection process.

Even the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, was said to have no input in the list of the nominees.

A source, said that Onyeama cannot complain, because the President’s Chief of Staff, facilitated his appointment as Minister.

“The appointment of the Ambassadors, is a continuation of the policy to sideline the Governors.

“When the Minister from my State was picked, I was not consulted, and when it is time for the Ambassadorial appointment, they did not consider my nominee. This is a party we all worked to build. I have spoken to quite a number of my colleague Governors, it is the same thing.

“To us, we believe the President has his own game plan. I’m sure he is building a separate structure for himself. When you sideline Governors and Party Leaders in appointments, then it means you are up to something.

“I can tell you conveniently, that most of the Party Leaders, especially Governors, are not happy with the President, over his choice of appointment,” a Governor said.

Reports, revealed that most of the State Governors and Party Leaders, had no input as to who represents their respective States on the foreign mission.

A source, further revealed that in instances where Governors and Party Leaders were asked to submit nominees, their lists were not considered.

The President personally requested for former Supreme Court Justice, Justice George Adesola Oguntade, and Senator Olorunnibe Mamora.

Mamora, was the Deputy Director General of the APC Presidential Campaign Council, and his appointment was long overdue.

On the choice of Justice Oguntade, Buhari nominated him, because of his forthrightness, especially based on the minority judgement he gave in his (President’s) favour in 2008.

When Buhari challenged the result of the 2007 Presidential election up to the Supreme Court, the apex court upheld the election of Umaru Yar’Adua, by 6-1. Justice Oguntade, gave the minority judgement in favour of Buhari.

In Ekiti, the APC members are angry over the choice of Ayodele I. Ayodeji. The nominee retired last year, after 35 years in the foreign service.

He is the immediate past Ambassador to Greece. APC members in the State, are angry that the likes of former Governor, Adeniyi Adebayo, and Senator Olu Adetunbi, were rejected, in preference for Ayodeji.

we don enter am. Na one chance Dem deycall am
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by tafabaloo(m): 7:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
Evil spirit in Aso rock @ work.

They are bent on destroying the party ahead of 2019 poll.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by dunkem21(m): 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
They will still stage a "Walk back" ..except dem want their chapters reopened by FCC cheesy

Anybody that disagrees with Baba is on his own ..

Sai Baba

cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by dadebayo1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
grin interesting..... grin

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by denziz: 7:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
"Mummumadu Buhari" that is the name of Nigeria President

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by naijaking1: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2016
Buhari is all about getting even with enemies and rewarding so called friends

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by Sunnymatey(m): 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
Oshomhle this is the time to run ur mouth. Try nonsense and see how baba will bundle u by the time u step down next month.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by bigtt76(f): 8:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
Is this not an act of gratification? A.K.A bribery? angry

itsdumebi:

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
Bubu be rocking this country like his own private property. Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by Kingdov(m): 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
umu bingo! I know nothing will come awt from diz gathering of greedy yam eaterz , i guess d yam is too small for every1to benefit from
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by passyhansome(m): 8:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
Okay
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by Godemcee(m): 8:45pm On Oct 24, 2016
apc zombies enjoy the. change,what is my concern if bubu like he should give all the ambassador nomination slot to all his family I give less Bleep
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by saint047(m): 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hiring a president solely on the basis of ideology is like hiring a mechanic solely because you like the same brands of cars. - Will Spencer
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by lukecent: 8:48pm On Oct 24, 2016
Na change una want
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by passyhansome(m): 8:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by Mustay(m): 8:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
This is more like Dumebi's piece than a news report. Politics Ngr? Please, find me a source, a credible source I can take to the court tomorrow. The narrative of the so-called report easily gives way.
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by buffalowings: 8:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
Please I'm moving to kenya
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by buffalowings: 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
I think I've found a cure for zombiesm
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by Kabashin: 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
The cabals are working
Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 9:13pm On Oct 24, 2016
CoolFreeday:
Am happy its no longer business as usual for the governors. why should they chose ambassadors for the President, did the president nominate commissioners for them.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
CoolFreeday:

Exactly!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola, Oshiomole, Others Stage 'walk-out' In Aso-rock, Angry With Buhari by ademasta(m): 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Edo Youths Observe The Curfew / Bakare, El-rufai Storm Nnewi For Ojukwu / Ban On Okada: Edo Youths Rush To Driving Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.