Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

$2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! (741 Views)

EFCC Is Chasing Shadows, Only God Can Decide 2019 - David Mark / Arms Scandal: Army General Weeps / $2.1b Arms Deals: Anxiety In Jonathan’s Camp Over Likely Arrest Of More Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! by Doyin2(m): 8:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
Could a whopping $2.1b dollars,be misappropriated,without the approval or knowledge of the former president,Goodluck Jonathan?Could Dasuki be the primary suspect in this whole saga?Can the fight against corruption ever succeed,where past Heads of States/Presidents,are totally untouchables?

Could various disbursements and diversion of this money, be made unilaterally, by only Dasuki acting on his own authority?

E.g.Could dollars have been shipped to Ekiti without presidential ascent?

Should we be probing Dasukigate,instead of Jonathangate?

I believe,the fight against corruption shall remain a big joke, till Nigeria gets to that desirable scenario of probing past presidents//heads of state,for corrupt practices.

I will strongly advice EFCC(or is it Buhari?) to stop chasing the shadows,and immediately release Dasuki concerning this ARMS procurement scandal,IF his former boss is to remain untouchable,because no fair court of law can convict Dasuki WITHOUT Jonathan.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Re: $2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! by amaechi1: 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Both should be arrested. GEJ is alleged to have said he fought corruption without making noise. stealing is not corruption.

1 Like

Re: $2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 24, 2016
VERY STUPID QUESTION AND ALLEGATION!
WHY DONT YOU ASK THE MINISTER THAT WAS IN CHARGE OF DEFENSE THEN?

1 Like

Re: $2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! by Pidggin(f): 9:53pm On Oct 24, 2016
Doyin2:
Could a whopping $2.1b dollars,be misappropriated,without the approval or knowledge of the former president,Goodluck Jonathan?Could Dasuki be the primary suspect in this whole saga?Can the fight against corruption ever succeed,where past Heads of States/Presidents,are totally untouchables?

Could various disbursements and diversion of this money, be made unilaterally, by only Dasuki acting on his own authority?

E.g.Could dollars have been shipped to Ekiti without presidential ascent?

Should we be probing Dasukigate,instead of Jonathangate?

I believe,the fight against corruption shall remain a big joke, till Nigeria gets to that desirable scenario of probing past presidents//heads of state,for corrupt practices.

I will strongly advice EFCC(or is it Buhari?) to stop chasing the shadows,and immediately release Dasuki concerning this ARMS procurement scandal,IF his former boss is to remain untouchable,because no fair court of law can convict Dasuki WITHOUT Jonathan.

What do you think?

Abeg go sleep jor
Re: $2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! by HtwoOw: 11:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
Jonathan will get what's coming for him

1 Like

Re: $2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! by yarimo(m): 12:37am On Oct 25, 2016
EFCC, DSS please what of ALIYU GUSAU the then minister of defence?
Re: $2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! by pedel: 1:47am On Oct 25, 2016
The OP raised a salient issue here.
We shall see how the so called leaders of tomorrow responds.
I know that once it has to do with the Hero of Democracy they are going to ask for the op's head.

Any fight against corruption not involving probing the past head of states is a waste of time. Period.

3 Likes

Re: $2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! by agog: 1:53am On Oct 25, 2016
Dont the minister has a principal?
In saner clime, Jonathan should have been behind the bar by now because he was the C-in-C under whose nose all those atrocities were committed.
osagix:
VERY STUPID QUESTION AND ALLEGATION!
WHY DONT YOU ASK THE MINISTER THAT WAS IN CHARGE OF DEFENSE THEN?

1 Like

Re: $2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! by gbomojomo(m): 2:31am On Oct 25, 2016
OP IS RIGHT. HOW CAN YOU BE PROBING THE MINISTERS WITHOUT THE THE MAIN MAN ISSUING ORDERS, i THINK WHAT THE PRESENT GOVT IS DOING IS TO HARASS THIS GUYS COLLECT THE REMAINING LOOTED FUNDS THEY CAN LAY HANDS ON,CONFISCATE SOME PROPERTIES AND THAT ALL. NON OF THEM WILL BE CONVICTED WITHOUT GEJ STANDING IN THE DUCK AS ACCOMPLICE OR INSIDE A WITNESS BOX TESTIFYING AGAINST THEM.
Re: $2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:32am On Oct 25, 2016
yarimo:
EFCC, DSS please what of ALIYU GUSAU the then minister of defence?

He was sidelined by GEJ in the purchase of arms, Aliyu almost resigned during GEJ's era because of how the Ministry of Defence was sidelined in buying ammunitions/Tanks/Airplanes for the military...

GEJ gave so much power to the NEW cool one of his failures during his tenure
Re: $2.1b Arms Scandal :Chasing Shadows, Without Jonathan! by Justiceleague1: 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
HtwoOw:
Jonathan will get what's coming for him
yes,hes getting all the international accolades....to the great pain of waiting enemies..
.the enemies shall wait and wait till they 'skeletonize' grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Belong To The Kitchen, Living Room, Other Room – Wike’s Wife / Former President Goodluck Jonathan's Wife Is Seriously Sick / I Made Only 5% Of My Wealth In Politics - Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.