Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,982 members, 7,821,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

How Can I Study Law With Degree In Political Science - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Study Law With Degree In Political Science (7396 Views)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / What Certifications Necessary For A Political Science Graduate? / What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Study Law With Degree In Political Science by Apostlevincent(m): 8:16am On Oct 25, 2016
After studying political science, can it be use for Masters in Law and go to Law school after Masters ?
Re: How Can I Study Law With Degree In Political Science by talktonase(m): 8:21am On Oct 25, 2016
You have to study law as a 2nd degree. An MSc in law cannot get you to law school.You have to spend another 4-5 Years studying it excluding 1year in law school.
Re: How Can I Study Law With Degree In Political Science by akaahs(m): 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
My cousin broda try doing that but didn't work, he have to start frm d scratch, now he is a barrister he too study political science at ABu.
Re: How Can I Study Law With Degree In Political Science by ALIEN2000(m): 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
Actually, the arrangement is wrong My Dear,-saying Doing masters first then opting for Law School.
The Thing is A Masters program helps you restrict your interest to a SPECIALIZATION (*Pls take note). As against Law School which is Broader i.e Since The Nigerian Law school is of Two(2) parts---BAR I -For. "Foreign Student" or those who havn't done the elementary Course in a Nigerian University(Contract,Nig. Legal System,Land Law,Company Law et.al) and the Bar II-Comprising 5 courses at present-Company Law (This time much broader),Conveyancing and Legal Drafting, Criminal Litigation,Civil Litigation and Ethics.
Consequently, in your cause for a Legal Education All this are the Variables which come to play Viz a Viz Using a Degree in Political Science. Hence Your would need to Study under a University to get a Degree in law. The Good News here is that, you would start from 200Level in any Nigerian University. Then 1 Year Law School Programme. After which going for a Masters in Law would be more apt.
Re: How Can I Study Law With Degree In Political Science by Apostlevincent(m): 8:39am On Nov 21, 2016
ALIEN2000:
Actually, the arrangement is wrong My Dear,-saying Doing masters first then opting for Law School.
The Thing is A Masters program helps you restrict your interest to a SPECIALIZATION (*Pls take note). As against Law School which is Broader i.e Since The Nigerian Law school is of Two(2) parts---BAR I -For. "Foreign Student" or those who havn't done the elementary Course in a Nigerian University(Contract,Nig. Legal System,Land Law,Company Law et.al) and the Bar II-Comprising 5 courses at present-Company Law (This time much broader),Conveyancing and Legal Drafting, Criminal Litigation,Civil Litigation and Ethics.
Consequently, in your cause for a Legal Education All this are the Variables which come to play Viz a Viz Using a Degree in Political Science. Hence Your would need to Study under a University to get a Degree in law. The Good News here is that, you would start from 200Level in any Nigerian University. Then 1 Year Law School Programme. After which going for a Masters in Law would be more apt.

Thanks bro
Re: How Can I Study Law With Degree In Political Science by Bwhikee: 7:09am On Oct 02, 2017
@ALIEN2000... thanks, you just gave me an eye opener smiley smiley[color=#770077][/color]
Re: How Can I Study Law With Degree In Political Science by DivineFavour004: 9:11am On Oct 28, 2022
Please I just want to know,I initially applied for law in school but my post utme score wasn't enough and I was given political science to study but I really want to study law so I was thinking,can I study the political science and maybe just switch back to law

(1) (Reply)

Coping After A Major Setback / Is It Legal For Your Employer To Hack Your Email And Privacy / My German Boss Wants Me In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.