Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People (34472 Views)

Buhari Visiting Nasarawa To Condole With Miyetti Allah Over Cattle – Fani-kayode / ‘unrepentant Ethnic Champion’ — Fayose Blasts Buhari Over New NIA DG / Fayose Blasts Buhari, APC And Magu On AIT Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by erunz(m): 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2016
FULL TEXT OF THE PRESS CONFERENCE ADDRESSED ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2016, BY EKITI STATE GOVERNOR, MR AYODELE FAYOSE ON THE THREAT BY THE MIYETTI ALLAH CATTLE BREEDERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA TO UNLEASH TERROR ON THE STATE

On Saturday, October 22, 2016, the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN), the umbrella body of herdsmen in Nigeria openly threatened to wage war against the government and people of Ekiti State, lying that four cattle belonging to its member were killed by the newly inaugurated Ekiti Grazing Enforcement Marshal (EGEM).

Four days after this threat was issued against the government and people of Ekiti State by the Miyetti Allah, the federal government is yet to act in any manner that will disabuse the minds of Ekiti people, who believed that the federal government is in support of the threat.

The silence of the federal government has no doubt further confirmed the insinuation that there is plot to give tacit support to the herdsmen to invade some border towns and villages in Ekiti State and cause chaos in the State so as to justify the evil agenda of declaration of a state of emergency on the State.

Nigerians should be reminded that in May, this year, Myetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria said openly that the reason for the killing of over 1,000 people in Benue State was the killing of over 800 cattle by Tiv youths. In other words, Miyetti Allah boldly told Nigerians that its members (herdsmen) killed over 1,000 Agatu people of Benue State because their cows were killed!

Up till today, no one has been arrested for the massacre in Agatu in Benue State and now, Ekiti State and its people are being threatened by this same Myetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, and the federal government has pretended as if nothing was wrong.

From the words and antecedents of the Miyatti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, it is clear that they have assurance beyond their personal minds from the federal government to kill Nigerians in place of their cows. If not, by now, the man who signed that press statement, threatening the entire people of Ekiti State ought to have been arrested and questioned.

Therefore, in view of the above, we wish to tell Nigerians and the entire world that in the event of any invasion of Ekiti State by killer herdsmen, the federal government should be held responsible.

The herdsmen and those urging them on should also be informed that any attack on one Ekiti person is an attack on all Ekitis and we shall not sit back and allow our people to be killed under the guise of cattle rearing.

In the event of federal government’s security agencies refusal to secure the lives and properties of Ekiti people, the people will have no option than to defend themselves. Our forefathers did same in the famous Kiriji War and we won’t mind doing the same now!

I am therefore using this opportunity to put Ekiti people, especially residents of border towns in the State on red alert. Ekiti people must be prepared to defend their land against these Philistines whose attributes and characters are extremism, violence, bloodshed and destruction.

For the avoidance of doubt, the Prohibition of Cattle and other Ruminants Grazing in Ekiti State Bill, 2016 that was signed into law on August 29, 2016 remains in force. Nigeria is a federation and each State is empowered by law to make laws to protects its people.

Therefore, the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria should rather tell its members to comply with this law by seeking from the government designated land for grazing ranch, which the government is always willing to give.

Five cattle that were arrested last week are being kept in the government ranch and their owners can take them back as soon as the necessary fines are paid.

It is strange that the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria kept silent when its members killed two people and injured several others in Oke Ako in Ekiti State. So strange that the same Miyetti Allah that defended the murder of over 1,000 Agatu people of Benue State and kept silent when herdsmen killed over 100 people killed in Enugu State and a traditional ruler was killed in Delta State suddenly found its voice when Ekiti State government decided to curb the murderous activities of its men.

Why didn’t Miyetti Allah that is now calling on President Mohammadu Buhari to warn me, the custodian of the mandate of Ekiti people warn its members when they were killing Nigerians and destroying farmlands? Are their cows more important than human lives?

To us in Ekiti, lives of 5,000 cows cannot be equated with those of human beings that are being killed daily by herdsmen across the country.

Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria should know that cattle farmers are not different from other farmers. If they want to rear cows in Ekiti, they should do so in accordance with the laws of the State. After all, law prohibiting sale and consumption of alcohol was made in Kano State and the law is being enforced while Sharia Law made in some States in the north is also being enforced.

We therefore want to appeal to all security agencies to be alive to their responsibility of protecting the lives of Nigerians and their properties.

http://www.ngrmirror.com/2016/10/fayose-blasts-fg-miyetti-Allah-over.html?m=1

174 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by Young03(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
source

FTC for the 5th time today

besides I have nothing to contribute

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by erunz(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2016

1 Like

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by Justiceleague1: 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
SAI FAYOSE
#FAYOSE4PRESIDENT

grabs popcorn,afonja abobakus on their way...zombies

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by TheFreeOne: 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
Fayose please do not wait on government protection, arm your people to defend themselves and repel any invasion by Fulani terrorist herdsmen.

Human lives are more important than cattle.

The one and only Governor General of the FRN, Nigerians are solidly behind you.

248 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by dunkem21(m): 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
cheesy
Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by lajoshua: 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2016
fayose my guy... lalasticlalagrin

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by BlackSeptember: 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
I stand with Fayose.

Where is patriotic9jaboy aka mrkayusfit aka joboorskill. grin

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by erunz(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
BlackSeptember:
I stand with Fayose.

same I join you stand with am

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by otitokoroleti: 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
THUNDER FIRE MIYETTI ALLAH CATTLE BREADERS & ANYBODY WHO SUPPORT THEIR MUDEROUS ACT!!!

ISEEE...

179 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by dunkem21(m): 3:30pm On Oct 25, 2016
erunz:
same I join you stand with am

Abeg shift small make I follow una stand cool

139 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
Everyone keeps tugging at the fragile lattice that holds this nation together.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by drss2(m): 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
true talk fayose. buari should be held responsible for any attack in ekiti.
any wia u hear news of attack by unknown gun men, just have it at d back of ur mind dat they ar killer herdsmen.
d dullard is d grand patron of miyyeti allah group hence his silence to fulani herdsmen terrorist activities all ova nigeria.
every community must secure arms in large numbas to defend demselves against future terrorist invasions. killer herdsmen ar planning brutal attacks under d code "Unknown Gunmen" as i speak.
wait for govt at ur own peril. never depend on govt to secure ur homes. in fact, d more soldiers ar send to ur community, d more ur community will be invaded by dis terrorist. killer herdsmen work hand in hand with terrorist within nigeria army to wipe out villages to make way for land occupation. boko haram n killer herdsmen ar all brain child of born to rule northern extremist to dip koran in d atlantic oceans of southern nigeria

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by TheFreeOne: 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
dunkem21:

Abeg shift small make I follow una stand cool

Me too don join queue grin

Anyone that refuse to join is a potential terrorist herdsman apologist

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by yekparikpa(m): 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
Fayose should tread softly! Your security is not guaranteed after your tenure as the Governor of Ekiti state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by drss2(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Fayose please do not wait on government protection, arm your people to repel any invasion by Fulani terrorist herdsmen.

The one and only Governor General of the FRN, Nigerians are solidly behind you.
na d koko be dat. in fact, every community in nigeria should arm demselves properly against dis terrorist. any community or village dat wait for govt to provide security will be waiting in their graves.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by steppin: 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
Mayeoti dey make empty threat. grin
Fayose blasts away.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by Yatyhe: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
treat
Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by aadvark: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
Fayoshe my nigga.
FG should tell Mi-nye-tea allah to carry their herdsmen to the north and continue shooting themselves.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by OkoYibo: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
erunz:

Nigerians should be reminded that in May, this year, Myetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria said openly that the reason for the killing of over 1,000 people in Benue State was the killing of over 800 cattle by Tiv youths. In other words, Miyetti Allah boldly told Nigerians that its members (herdsmen) killed over 1,000 Agatu people of Benue State because their cows were killed!

http://www.ngrmirror.com/2016/10/fayose-blasts-fg-miyetti-Allah-over.html?m=1

Fayose, the best response to this fulani murderers is to establish state-owned cattle ranches in Ekiti. After that is done, ban all forms of cattle grazing by these nomadic murderers. Also, all cattle brought into Ekiti by the cattle dealers should be tested before being slaughtered.

Once these fulani criminals can't graze and they can't sell their cows in Ekiti, maybe they would export their cows to the North where they are so poor that they can't eat what they produce.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by emamos: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Like dis man for his bravery.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by Samexdx(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
I stand with Fayose on this

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by chemicalDisease: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Afonjas vs their Masters!

watching in 4glite.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by justdivine: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
Yes

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by keleman992000(m): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
fayose my hero and role model. tell them. any body that wish to remove you should go and remove God first.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by AirFireEarthH20: 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
BlackSeptember:
I stand with Fayose.

I join u bro

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by Bsc(m): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
Man of the year

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by tdemo(m): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
we're I come from we don't succumb to intimidation..... Cary On my powerful governor...... Ekiti kete ooooooooooooooooooo grin

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by newheart2(m): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
justdivine:
Yes
fayeso the only buhari headache

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by CliffordOrji: 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
How I wish we can have a courageous leader like Fayose in the SouthEast. All our Governors in Igboland are lilly livered cowards, especially the Governor of Eniugu state, Ifeanyi Ugwanyi

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by newheart2(m): 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
justdivine:
Yes
fayose the only buhari headache.
all this our coward governors cannot emulate ekiti state government in order to checkmate fulani herdsmen

10 Likes

Re: Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People by TheFreeOne: 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
chemicalDisease:
Afonjas vs their Masters!

watching in 4glite.

We are talking about protection of human lives here and if you've got nothing sensible to say just vamoose.

A man with lots of guts is taking actions unlike some crying sissy.

38 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Uzodinma Jumped From 4th To 1st Place Via Supreme Court (Throwback) / Obi To Buhari: Take Pictures With Impactful Nigerians, Not Worthless Politicians / The Moment Imo People Welcomed Buhari (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.