Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3682996 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
Drnice:
4rm my recent research, see this yr's DPR recruitment process: 1. Advertised available jobs to the public. 2. Approved/Rejected number of applicants based on resume/cv(i.e skills, qualificatn, age, region) based on job applied. 3. CBT schedule for shortlisted candidates, test statistics & scores recorded on a dashboard/document accessible only to HR Managers & Admins. 4. Preparatn of documents of selected candidates for interview. Interviews will be in batches & time, here u will be ask many questions which will be recorded on different columns by the interviewers, then many will be regretted as compared with ur previous recruitment stages to that answers given during interview. Remember, a sheep cannot say it's a goat, people will always know the differences. I tell you 70% will be on merit, & the next stage is the final stage. Goodluck 2 every one of us! Don't ask me how I arrived at this but I do research on my own. That's all I can tell you.
Thank u 4 d update! This is very good Research. I will not ask u how u arrived at this but, base on ur own research sir, can u please permit me to ask u when to expect the next stage of this recruitment exercise?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2017
Goderlist:
Thank u 4 d update! This is very good Research. I will not ask u how u arrived at this but, base on ur own research sir, can u please permit me to ask u when to expect the next stage of this recruitment exercise?
I can't answer that actually cos I've not worked nor known anyone at DPR. I guess, it will be one selected venue each for Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt(Rivers State), and Kano. But I know the recruitment process will be over before October ending, 4rm my findings.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
Drnice:
I can't answer that actually cos I've not worked nor known anyone at DPR. I guess, it will be one selected venue each for Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt(Rivers State), and Kano. But I know the recruitment process will be over before October ending, 4rm my findings.
If i understand you sir, we can be called any time from now considering the fact that we are now in september. For them to conclude in october ending i think they should have call us since August, Simply because u made mentioned that many questions will be asked during the interview and scores will be recorded in different coloumns. So Preparation of this scores will aslo take another time. Whatever! Sir i wish you(if you are an applicant) success not only you but also all our fellow members in this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
grin[size=8pt][/size][color=#006600][/color] grin
Goderlist:
If i understand you sir, we can be called any time from now considering the fact that we are now in september. For them to conclude in october ending i think they should have call us since August, Simply because u made mentioned that many questions will be asked during the interview and scores will be recorded in different coloumns. So Preparation of this scores will aslo take another time. Whatever! Sir i wish you(if you are an applicant) success not only you but also all our fellow members in this forum.

I like the way you tabled your questions.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 9:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
Goderlist:
Thanks for your acknowledgment. Well, I'm an applicant, (Mech. Engr) GT. I guess time for the next stage is slated this month but I'm not too sure about it.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 04, 2017
Drnice:
Thanks for your acknowledgment. Well, I'm an applicant, (Mech. Engr) GT. I guess time for the next stage is slated this month but I'm not too sure about it.

May God deliver us from speculations. (Amen). Let us be visiting our DPR portal if there's going to be any changes. Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 10:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
falaye75:

May God deliver us from speculations. (Amen). Let us be visiting our DPR portal if there's going to be any changes. Thanks
You may call it speculation but that's the fact. The earlier u get prepared for the next stage(interview), the better. Thanks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2017
Drnice:
You may call it speculation but that's the fact. The earlier u get prepared for the next stage(interview), the better. Thanks!
Why I said this above. There will be an e-portal that will rate ur/our performances 4rm our/ur application to interview. So, you ought to prepare well. I will give you a clue for the interview: 1. Be familiar with ur uploaded Resume/CV. 2. .... 3 ... Let me stop here, cos people would soon doubt.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
Drnice:
Why I said this above. There will be an e-portal that will rate ur/our performances 4rm our/ur application to interview. So, you ought to prepare well. I will give you a clue for the interview: 1. Be familiar with ur uploaded Resume/CV. 2. .... 3 ... Let me stop here, cos people would soon doubt.
please sir! sorry for disturbing you! Can u please help me with more clue? I know we are from different family upbringings, different attitudes different tribes, different ages, different life experiences there are aslo individual differences, be good to people bcause u don't know who they are. Is possible u can insult some one in nairaland because of his/her information he/she give. But mind u that person can be a senior officer in that particular organisation u are looking for information from. I am very sorry if i offended any one here. But, we have to put in our mind that we are visiting this thread just to have even a little bit information about DPR RECRUITMENT SAGA. So if all the information in this thread is nothing but speculation, why should you wast ur time coming here? If someone has any information contrary to ur sources please, no matter how genuine ur sources is don't insult him/her. I pray all of us here will make it to the next stage. Amin

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 12:05am On Sep 05, 2017
@Goderlist, 2. if u are for commercial, expect competency based interview. If u are for engineering, expect technical based interview. 3. ...

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 12:23am On Sep 05, 2017
Note: some of those who sat for EH, are DPR employees who chose roles maybe for career development or to increase salary. DPR have such platform for their employees. If it's still speculation, I charge any employee-EH to quote me wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tolesky(m): 4:04am On Sep 05, 2017
Drnice:
Note: some of those who sat for EH, are DPR employees who chose roles maybe for career development or to increase salary. DPR have such platform for their employees. If it's still speculation, I charge any employee-EH to quote me wrong.
@Drnice , please can you help a soul be stating the number 3 clue to know in order to prepare for in the interview? Thanks sir.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by HRtechnique: 4:57am On Sep 05, 2017
Great!.

Like we have shared many updates on DPR on www.hrtechnique.com we will also notify you when we have new information.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Magma012: 7:29am On Sep 05, 2017
Thank you Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Donelli: 7:37am On Sep 05, 2017
HRtechnique:
Great!.

Like we have shared many updates on DPR on www.hrtechnique.com we will also notify you when we have new information.

Regards.

Hi HRtechnique.
Please advise us on the favorable approach to answering the question below which I saw in one of the articles on your blog.

Which other companies are you interviewing with, if any?

Just Donelli wink
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 05, 2017
Drnice:

there might b an element of truth in ur post but it may not b absolutely correct. Most govt establishments which DPR is among abhor such arrangement.
NNPC wont entertain the idea of an old staff writing an entrance exam no matter the cadre.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Walush: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2017
Drnice:

You are so wrong bro....

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 8:51am On Sep 05, 2017
Eaa247:

there might b an element of truth in ur post but it may not b absolutely correct. Most govt establishments which DPR is among abhor such arrangement.
NNPC wont entertain the idea of an old staff writing an entrance exam no matter the cadre.
You see! Employees on training at DPR have their chances to apply for a higher job offer(say, trainee to EH). If really, you knew what I was pointing to. Such platforms are provided for the said employees.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 05, 2017
bro, I don't think you're correct though. yes, a casual worker can possibly reapply for an opening. But when you say an employee under training, what do you mean? so why are their such things as promotions? Why are there appraisals?

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 8:58am On Sep 05, 2017
Drnice:
You see! Employees on training at DPR have their chances to apply for a higher job offer(say, trainee to EH). If really, you knew what I was pointing to. Such platforms are provided for the said employees.
In addition to this, just as in government agencies like the recent civil service permanent secretary positions held. F.C.S Employees applied to such positions & also sat for exams & interviews.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 05, 2017
bro, I don't think you're correct though. yes, a casual worker can possibly reapply for an opening if along the line he has gained relevant certification. eg a cleaner can re apply as a GT.- pls I don't mean to disrespect the former.

But when you say an employee under training, what do you mean? so why are their such things as promotions? Why are there appraisals?

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 05, 2017
Drnice:
In addition to this, just as in government agencies like the recent civil service permanent secretary positions held. F.C.S Employees applied to such positions & also sat for exams & interviews.

that one is different bro. For the permanent Secretary, its not open to the public but to staff of a certain grade level.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2017
You can actually call the hotline that was provided. the guy over the phone is nice he'll give you a more genuine information, I think or if anyone has the contact details of snapnet, call them too. it'll be a more dependable source.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 05, 2017
You can actually call the hotline that was provided. the guy over the phone is nice he'll give you a more genuine information, I think or if anyone has the contact details of snapnet, call them too. it'll be a more dependable source
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 10:04am On Sep 05, 2017
TKThankyou:
You can actually call the hotline that was provided. the guy over the phone is nice he'll give you a more genuine information, I think or if anyone has the contact details of snapnet, call them too. it'll be a more dependable source
And how do you expect such person to give u actual source? Don't u think he's at risk for such? It was same person who told pending submission candidates that they would consider them in batches for another test, i came here to tell them that it cannot change to approved, and it happened. Yet, he will still tell you otherwise just to keep u hoping till job status is closed, that's his profession.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 10:11am On Sep 05, 2017
TKThankyou:

that one is different bro. For the permanent Secretary, its not open to the public but to staff of a certain grade level.
Oh! Now is different? But, it's same agency runned by federal government? Then, what makes it different? Aren't they, staff of such agency? Just like in IOC's, you have a portal which even if u are an employee, can apply for a higher post if u are qualified for such post.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 10:24am On Sep 05, 2017
Note: 4rm another research of mine. The interview is/will be organised in a way that each selected candidate has his/her own pool of questions presented only to panel of interviewers. The interviewers are there to ask u based on questions on DPR document presented 4u alone & they will record ur answers under it. This will make the process rigorous & transparent, & that's the only factor I think delaying the next stage. Success to those who would make it to next stage, I pray that am among.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 05, 2017
Drnice:
Oh! Now is different? But, it's same agency runned by federal government? Then, what makes it different? Aren't they, staff of such agency? Just like in IOC's, you have a portal which even if u are an employee, can apply for a higher post if u are qualified for such post.
my brother, before a position is opened to the public , I would assume there are appraisals and promotions and the remaining opportunities will be made available to the public. However, if over the Years, a very casual worker gets professional certifications, he may apply for either an upgrade if its available or through the external means. Don't you think there'll be conflict of interest if your colleagues are interviewing you for a job alongside an outsider?

that said, in some organisations, there are internal exams and interviews conducted by the hr team for their staffers but this is not opened to the public. if you fail to succeed here, you remain in your position. For a Permanent secretary position, a certain grade level will be invited to sit for an exam and from the pool, one person will be selected- its still part of the agency's mwchanism. This is not opened to the public. Promotions my brother takes people up the scale. can you imagine, moving from grade 8 to 9, you re apply, and grade 9 to 10 you re apply... it'll make no sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by geemonee88: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2017
I jst love the speculations am seeing here. As the days pass by I know that we are closer to our breakthrough than ever. God bless and grant you your heart desires in Jesus name

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
@TKThankYou, I get what you are saying but I will also let you know that no colleagues are interviewing the other. Just like snapnet, these are consulting firms whose jobs are selecting interviewers whom have worked in such professions over the years. They've the most experience to pick talented & promising candidates amongst others.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Drnice: 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
geemonee88:
I jst love the speculations am seeing here. As the days pass by I know that we are closer to our breakthrough than ever. God bless and grant you your heart desires in Jesus name
I love the way you put in this comment of yours.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Buharinomics: 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
geemonee88:

Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.