Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3683537 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by csimms7: 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pdirac:

Madam, this is very untrue, McKinsey doesn't send candidates their result after PST. If the candidate is successful, he/she will get a mail invitation for Case Interview. I have been with McK as a Business Analyst before.

I'm curious, why did you leave though? Reason I'm asking is that I have someone in my family who works with Total but really wants to switch to McKinsey. Kindly shed more light please. I've told the person to stay with Total oooo, but e no wan hear.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GIGATT9(m): 4:31pm On Dec 08, 2017

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Setaje(f): 4:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
csimms7:

Aunty ooooo, you hate this our government sha o, it's not only government that doesn't send back scores. I have done tests with Sahara Energy, Rolls Royce, Mott Macdonald, etc. I passed and was invited for interview, they didn't show my score. So, I think it's wrong to just put it on government and say they are the only ones who don't show scores.
Secondly, recruiters aren't allowed to give metrics for their decision, because at times, more people could be qualified and they pick based on other metrics. Even after a company rejects you when you attend an interview, some, not all will give you feedback if you request for it. Should you get this DPR on merit, wouldn't you be proud to swear you got it on merit? Don't you know the effort you've put in? Let's not make some people's hardwork look like shambles. In criticizing, let's be fair.
That said, we know say some wayo go dey but let's not paint it all black, some of us go get am on merit and we will be proud of it if we do.

offcourse I do hate the government. its not hidden with the way I attack their style. its unfortunate most of you think I don't wish you well. in fact I would love to be proven wrong about that 70% merit mark abi 90%. I hate this government. I was like you people years back. always felt that the government of the day no matter what will put the youths ahead. until what I saw and experienced face to face and still seeing. off course there are people who would get there on merit, in fact merit list is almost untouchable. if that merit list was as much as this 70% almost everyone who survived the first stage should be able to scale through. I wish you well o, hopefully you will be among those who scaled through by merit.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by mercyigene: 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
Setaje:

hahhahahahhahahahhaha...... my stomach!!!! I follow them laugh too. secrecy breeds corruption. I am sure the next thing is offer letter which to me is the greatest injustice to Nigerian youths. not even knowing how well one performed so one can improve in other interviews. not even knowing the criteria or cut off mark used in picking candidates is wicked. some people swore that they did so well in the test yet were not invited for this one. some people who already work in government establishment swore that they and others they know got there by merit as if they were shown their scores or the scores of others to know who is truly lying and who got there on merit. even when I did dragnet and mckensy and associates, just to mention a few my score was sent back to me. that to me is transparency. when it comes to government recruitment, if its your time, Its your time.
Like seriously? Dragnet sent you your scores? That's so untrue...haba! I've written over 4 dragnet exams and none was sent. What about the KPMG that dragnet conducted the test, at the end of the exam after you submit it's either successful or unsuccessful. How then did they send scores?

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GIGATT9(m): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2017

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Setaje(f): 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2017
csimms7:

I'm curious, why did you leave though? Reason I'm asking is that I have someone in my family who works with Total but really wants to switch to McKinsey. Kindly shed more light please. I've told the person to stay with Total oooo, but e no wan hear.

I don't no of anybody who works there and would live o. i dont know if they do contract staff. what i know about them is limited. mckinsey is on another level entirely. in fact that I got a mail when I applied, was so shocking Cus I thought the company is only for first class. I just applied o not even thinking they would reply. over professional dey worry them. is it the salary scale or the fact that you can build a career over there. the questions they asked me on the form i filled are not even questions u can google.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GIGATT9(m): 5:01pm On Dec 08, 2017
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GIGATT9(m): 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2017
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by GIGATT9(m): 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2017
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Setaje(f): 5:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
mercyigene:
Like seriously? Dragnet sent you your scores? That's so untrue...haba! I've written over 4 dragnet exams and none was sent. What about the KPMG that dragnet conducted the test, at the end of the exam after you submit it's either successful or unsuccessful. How then did they send scores?

yes they did. did their test back then in apapa. although cannot remember if I applied to work in dragnet itself or they were recruiting for another company. but I remember I was sent a test score so as a colleague of mine I met there.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
Everyday new conspiracy.
Today's own: If you didn't ask them questions after your interview. Just forget about DPR. LMAO.
Someone said, the opportunity they used to ask whether you have a relative at DPR should have been used to ask them your question back.
Or better still, start planning to go back next week and ask them your questions by fire by force.

Me don talk my own, and I dey my house, make una coman beat me!
PS: No body should insult me here, else!
Lolz.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Pdirac: 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2017
Setaje:

this is very true. I did mckensey and I failed woefully self. was told I got below the average mark of 50% or something like that. this was shortly after I finished university. it gave me closure. I had never done a test like mckensey and till date that test has been the hardest test I have taken. I have never come accross such questions in my life I was also told to keep applying for any other job openings . perhaps when I did the test u had not joined. this was between 2007- 2009 or so if I'm not mistaken .

Now you're in line, you were told you scored below average, not your exact score. About the difficulty, that the hardest recruitment exam I ever wrote. Crazy interpretations and calculations without calculator. And the case interviews na die.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Pdirac: 5:30pm On Dec 08, 2017
csimms7:

To be sincerely, McK is a very good place to work, but as a business analyst, you have no time for your self. Should you be a family man, the family will suffer. Lots of travels and late night meetings. Can't count the number of days I left work 2am.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Setaje(f): 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pdirac:

Now you're in line, you were told you scored below average, not your exact score. About the difficulty, that the hardest recruitment exam I ever wrote. Crazy interpretations and calculations without calculator. And the case interviews na die.

50% is a bench mark score already. as I no reach am, that means I failed woefully. thank God I didn't see the exact score. maybe na 10 over 100 I get. you follow do this DPR? good luck o.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Pdirac: 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
Setaje:

50% is a bench mark score already. as I no reach am, that means I failed woefully. thank God I didn't see the exact score. maybe na 10 over 100 I get. you follow do this DPR? good luck o.

Me sef no believe say I go pass the PST, 'cos after practicing all the Cosher Franks, FijiCola and other sample test, I no even get reach 10/25.
Yes, I follow do DPR and I have been interviewed, hoping and praying for the best.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ajisebioyolaari: 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2017
magabounce:
My portal was completely closed.. Couldn't login.. But it all changed after I got the sms
at least reply or acknowledge your PM na. haha
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by simplynace(m): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
Pdirac:

To be sincerely, McK is a very good place to work, but as a business analyst, you have no time for your self. Should you be a family man, the family will suffer. Lots of travels and late night meetings. Can't count the number of days I left work 2am.

Bros eh, you wan leave McK for DPR? Is wa oooo

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2017
Sunnystooth:
Everyday new conspiracy.
Today's own: If you didn't ask them questions after your interview. Just forget about DPR. LMAO.
Someone said, the opportunity they used to ask whether you have a relative at DPR should have been used to ask them your question back.
Or better still, start planning to go back next week and ask them your questions by fire by force.

Me don talk my own, and I dey my house, make una coman beat me!
PS: No body should insult me here, else!
Lolz.

Stay here and be talking, if you didn't collect handshake, better go back o, unless your appointment letter will jam for printer.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2017
SnowJay92:

Stay here and be talking, if you didn't collect handshake, better go back o, unless your appointment letter will jam for printer.
LMAO!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ledgelessons(m): 8:00pm On Dec 08, 2017
Good evening house, please for those interviewing tomorrow in abuja, pls what is the time for your interviews ,answer needed urgently, thank you and God bless.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by EngrOsas: 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2017
Please someone help me with directions to the Lagos venue
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Pacgmt(m): 9:58pm On Dec 08, 2017
wale86:
i applied for economics graduate trainee has anyone been called for interview for this position
am hvin d same experience... so me. don't giv up alrdy... since I can't check my profile n even mailed n call dem... so y wahala myself further n 4 d reset link. wznt getting it on my mail.. I checked everywhere. So
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by shady08(m): 10:22pm On Dec 08, 2017
Anyone with interview slated for tmro in ph? Pls I need to know
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 1samm: 11:07pm On Dec 08, 2017
had my interview today...it was wonderful!!..they made fun of my tie wen i walked in and i confessed dat i just started to learn how to knot a tie just last week..this made dem all bust into laughter...in all i was asked more than 10 questions lasting over ten minutes...all in all...it was nice!!

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by nonyeesther(f): 1:43am On Dec 09, 2017
Where is the ph venue
shady08:
Anyone with interview slated for tmro in ph? Pls I need to know
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by shady08(m): 6:54am On Dec 09, 2017
nonyeesther:
Where is the ph venue

Sasun hotels, by trans amadi
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Xmen149(m): 8:39am On Dec 09, 2017
when is the last day for interview
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by yildaz: 9:03am On Dec 09, 2017
benebaby77:

Agreed with whom?

I still repeat it, you feel highly insecure about this recruitment of a thing. Not getting offer from DPR is not end of life. There are many better opportunities.

It also seems that you're afraid that you won't get any good job else.

Oooh, you're too big to argue with me? You don't even know me yet you have concluded to be bigger than me. Lmao

For your information, I'm not too small for you.

You can insult me as well.

Accountants in the house,

Try to know about the past civilian and military governors of your state,

Questions were asked with respect to your field, the questions not too difficult. About cost and management accounting, financial accounting and IFRS.

Also try to be conservant with the new development in your fields, it's very important.

I am not trying to be proud if I apeear to. But I hate cheats who doesn't deserve the job.

I am not referring to you dear.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by agadamalik(m): 9:18am On Dec 09, 2017
yildaz:

I am not trying to be proud if I apeear to. But I hate cheats who doesn't deserve the job.

I am not referring to you dear.

my brother really I don't like the way you comments.life is all about previllage not deserve as you called it. Millions will be better than you but they are not prevlage. Always give thanks to Almighty creation for any opportunity.Thanks.

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by yildaz: 9:49am On Dec 09, 2017
agadamalik:
my brother really I don't like the way you comments.life is all about previllage not deserve as you called it. Millions will be better than you but they are not prevlage. Always give thanks to Almighty creation for any opportunity.Thanks.
Thanks brother for your advice. I always thank God. But the truth needs to be said and will always be.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tunlex01(m): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2017
mercyigene:
Dragnet has sent my score to me before.

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P