Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi (137713 Views)

The MTN Cheat Will Soon Be Blocked. One Word For This Guy. / Need To Unlock The New Glo Mifi E5573CS-933 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by dustmalik: 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Awesome, hope u were able to save the webui or did you wipe it too?
I was able to retain it, though it's quite useless. It doesn't have USSD tab, neither does it support "Only" options. So, I just flashed the Iranian Web ui.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by saint2ace(m): 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
dustmalik:

I was able to retain it, though it's quite useless. It doesn't have USSD tab, neither does it support "Only" options. So, I just flashed the Iranian Web ui.

Ok cool bro, well done once again
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by dustmalik: 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Ok cool bro, well done once again
Thanks, bro.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by saint2ace(m): 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2016
dustmalik:

From the video from hassan I see it's possible to write and customize the webui of choice and then flash it to ur device. Could any of the guys collecting tokens to unlock mifis do us all a favor and take up the challenge to write a webui specific for all naija networks with their recharge and bundle codes embedded and the options for USSD and "only" inclusive.

That way I can pay for the unlock procedure without blinking and eyelid abi wetin una think Lol........
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Dam5reey(m): 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
dustmalik:

You would be amazed at how good Glo 4G reception is at your location. Glo really got this one right.

What is the Speed like?

Their data is not always complete.. my last 3.2 gb Bundle was 2.1 GB..
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by frebor(m): 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2016
Spent a while off here and I see guys have broken the spell of their ffing sense of entitlement. Hard work and tenacity pays off, we can't always have stuff on a platter of gold.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by frebor(m): 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
saint2ace:

From the video from hassan I see it's possible to write and customize the webui of choice and then flash it to ur device. Could any of the guys collecting tokens to unlock mifis do us all a favor and take up the challenge to write a webui specific for all naija networks with their recharge and bundle codes embedded and the options for USSD and "only" inclusive.

That way I can pay for the unlock procedure without blinking and eyelid abi wetin una think Lol........

I've tried recompiling the Web UI but it's always broken and I can't get it to install.

I've gone through all Sallu's files, videos and tools, the simplest way will have been to get the Huawei Hisilicon firmware writer to work but it requires a flashing box/dongle and a working DC unlocker account.

Since you didn't loose the mtn web UI, you're good to go. Other users still get work to do finding a UI with the ability to set network modes. (Hint:RU) If USSD works through the shortcut menu in Huawei Android app, you can recharge, subscribe and check balance

The task ahead for me is to get a way to extract the mtn web UI from a locked mifi, pending that time you can download MyMtn app or Airtel care to your phone to manage other sim functionalities if you use those networks for browsing

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by saint2ace(m): 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2016
frebor:

I've tried recompiling the Web UI but it's always broken and I can't get it to install.

I've gone through all Sallu's files, videos and tools, the simplest way will have been to get the Huawei Hisilicon firmware writer to work but it requires a flashing box/dongle and a working DC unlocker account.

Since you didn't loose the mtn web UI, you're good to go. Other users still get work to do finding a UI with the ability to set network modes. (Hint:RU) If USSD works through the shortcut menu in Huawei Android app, you can recharge, subscribe and check balance

The task ahead for me is to get a way to extract the mtn web UI from a locked mifi, pending that time you can download MyMtn app or Airtel care to your phone to manage other sim functionalities if you use those networks for browsing

This is wonderful, now that's what am talking about. We need to put in some quality time to get exactly what we want, not waiting for handouts, well done @ Frebor more grease to ur elbow according to our naija people, i wish you the best at getting a working UI, too bad am not a programmer i would have loved to help but i'll definitely look into it and see how i can help....... KUDOS
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by dustmalik: 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
Dam5reey:

What is the Speed like?

Their data is not always complete.. my last 3.2 gb Bundle was 2.1 GB..
Haven't browsed with the Glo 4G yet. I'm just impressed with the reception of the Glo 4G, especially in my house where signal is terrible on all network.

But others have been posting Glo 4G download speed. Someone in Benin city posted download speed of 8mb/s, which is quite good.

Their band, though unpopular, has its own advantage. Better in-building penetration, and the fact that the Glo 4G itself isn't likely to be populated given the unpopularity of the band wink
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by dustmalik: 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Something interesting i noticed with the Iranian web ui on my unlocked Spectranet E5573s-606. Even though it doesn't have a USSD tab on the web ui, there is a USSD option in the huawei HiLink app, which isn't the norm.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by saint2ace(m): 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2016
dustmalik:

Something interesting i noticed with the Iranian web ui on my unlocked Spectranet E5573s-606. Even though it doesn't have a USSD tab on the web ui, there is a USSD option in the huawei HiLink app, which isn't the norm.

Really? i never really checked it.... so it's safe to say it has both options but on different platforms; you just switch to the one you want based on your needs... Simply awesome bro, thanks for the feedback..... I knew we have great minds here, thumbs up dustmalik i trowa salute
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by dustmalik: 9:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
saint2ace:

Really? i never really checked it.... so it's safe to say it has both options but on different platforms; you just switch to the one you want based on your needs... Simply awesome bro, thanks for the feedback..... I knew we have great minds here, thumbs up dustmalik i trowa salute
I prefer the HiLink given the easy and faster navigation and all. Now, on the HiLink, i've both the USSD option and i can switch to any network type i want.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by saint2ace(m): 9:25pm On Nov 10, 2016
dustmalik:

I prefer the HiLink given the easy and faster navigation and all. Now, on the HiLink, i've both the USSD option and i can switch to any network type i want.

How did u navigate to USSD? Seen it thanks
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by saint2ace(m): 9:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
dustmalik:

I just tried it out and it's safe to say we have both options on one platform, so the quest is over and kudos to everyone who took part.... lol (forming guilder ultimate search) grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by dustmalik: 10:37pm On Nov 10, 2016
saint2ace:

I just tried it out and it's safe to say we have both options on one platform, so the quest is over and kudos to everyone who took part.... lol (forming guilder ultimate search) grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy grin nice one. We found the ultimate prize at the end of the adventure cheesy
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by tyoba: 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
Can you explain to me how to flash web ui guys? Regular installation or I need to boot shot
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by duwdu: 12:30am On Nov 11, 2016
dustmalik:

You would be amazed at how good Glo 4G reception is at your location. Glo really got this one right.

OK, thanks.

P34c3
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Akamo5(m): 1:28am On Nov 11, 2016
screenshots pls
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Akamo5(m): 1:31am On Nov 11, 2016
dareyb68:

I have the 606 unlocked too for sale @ 17k but am in Lagos
am interested in d mifi...drop ur number pls
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by dustmalik: 4:12am On Nov 11, 2016
tyoba:
Can you explain to me how to flash web ui guys? Regular installation or I need to boot shot
Just regular flashing. no need to boot shot.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by saint2ace(m): 6:58am On Nov 11, 2016
dustmalik:

cheesy grin nice one. We found the ultimate prize at the end of the adventure cheesy

Yes oh my brother, please people who have used the methods above and it has worked for you, we need ur testimonies and challenges faced; so others can learn.

The goal here is to share knowledge, not take it and run lol.... Cheers
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by frebor(m): 9:05am On Nov 11, 2016
tyoba:

dustmalik:

Just regular flashing. no need to boot shot.

Depends on what firmware is on the mifi, if it's 21.180, just flash but if it's 21.316, boot shot

Depends on the Web UI version on the mifi too, if it's lower than the one you plan to flash, just flash. If it's lower, you'll have to downgrade firmware to 21.110 first, install the web UI and upgrade back to 21.180 or 21.316

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by tyoba: 10:15am On Nov 11, 2016
Installed guys. Best Web UI so far with the ability to select network of choice. I did a direct flash. However, the ussd not working fine. Would sell this and get another one. I need to keep the default web ui from mtn. My earlier flash erased everything and did not even ask me for flash code self. Does it support spectranet? the E5573s_320 from mtn
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by dustmalik: 10:53am On Nov 11, 2016
tyoba:
Installed guys. Best Web UI so far with the ability to select network of choice. I did a direct flash. However, the ussd not working fine. Would sell this and get another one. I need to keep the default web ui from mtn. My earlier flash erased everything and did not even ask me for flash code self. Does it support spectranet? the E5573s_320 from mtn
No, it doesn't support band 40 of Spectranet, neither does it support band 28 of Glo. Get an E5573s-606 instead.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Umunri: 11:47am On Nov 11, 2016
I have the e5573s-606 did a network search I find glo 4g but it refuse to switch from 3g and can't find 4g only please help.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by iliyande(m): 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2016
Umunri:
I have the e5573s-606 did a network search I find glo 4g but it refuse to switch from 3g and can't find 4g only please help.

Download Huawei Hilink from playstore on your phone and link your device, it may help you.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by iliyande(m): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
dustmalik:

Can you please share the link?

Tnx
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by dustmalik: 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by dustmalik: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2016
Umunri:
Try to flash this Web ui on your mifi. If it's successful, then you will be able to switch to the network type you want.

https://routerunlock.com/download-huawei-e5573s-update-webui-17-100-08-01-1279-iran/

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by iliyande(m): 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2016
dustmalik:

Here it is https://routerunlock.com/download-huawei-e5573s-update-webui-17-100-08-01-1279-iran/

I got error code 10

Did you encounter similar problem?

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by dustmalik: 6:32pm On Nov 11, 2016
iliyande:

I got error code 10

Did you encounter similar problem?
No, i didn't. It installed fine. Refer to frebor's post. Maybe you have a higher web ui installed or a firmware that would require downgrade.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by iliyande(m): 6:33pm On Nov 11, 2016
dustmalik:

No, i didn't. It installed fine. Refer to frebor's post. Maybe you have a higher web ui installed or a firmware that would require downgrade.

Kk

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (44) (Reply)

Get Airtel 10gb For N100, 20gb For N200 And Unlimited Data For N300 / Yoruba Bible Free Download / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.