Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,128 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3537935 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) (1540) ... (3312) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by OYENIYIJK: 3:53pm On May 31, 2020
Sir ollybode, thanks sir

MODIFIED: Please what is the meaning of global AdWords. I've gone to Google to search it now but I am seeing google keyword planner.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 3:54pm On May 31, 2020
ollybode:

Thanks for the questions, let me use this opportunity to address some other questions I got asked:

***What filter do you always use on ED when choosing domain?

The first filter I make use of when selecting names from the drop(deleted) domain is my instinct/my gut - at least 55% of the time my instinct might be right.
So I will advice some of us newbies to always trust our instinct.

In doing this,will need basic knowledge of the industry- this thread, namepros and other domain related site can be of help.

Other filters- I keep it simple (kiss)

In the common section:

Under Domain name settings:
I always checked **No number
**No hyphen
**No consecutive hyphen
In the AdWords section:
I only rase my global AdWords to 1 or 2

Those are the only filters I use personally.

I no what you are thinking!

Who doesn't know all these? Right!

Well that's what I use and Seriously of all the filters, I trust my gut most and I believe most of our oga's can attest to that fact!

**The other thing I consider when I mediately spot a domain that appeal to me is what is the history of this domain, has it dropped before or is it just dropping for the first time. Is the dot net developed( I don't always look at this all the time but, if dot net is developed, your prime end-user to first contact is the dot net owner. But believe me the owner might disappoint by not buy most are times).

Tools that answer the questions

Hosterstats/king- my favourite GOTO
Web.archive/org

The above are the Oracle I consulted in a jiffy.

Another most important factor is who are the end-users: I quickly search the keywords on bing and Google to know the end-users.

As you can see there is nothing new in all these.

As regards to your questions:
immediately I register domain in a reputable registrar I start to outbound
I always got my leads by plug in the keywords of the domain in a search engine and visit their sites with the aid of snov and hunter I extract the email address and start outbounding.
Sometimes in the process, hunter and snov may not extract some site email addresses in that case I make use of contact form. Though this might not be effective as such but it works sometimes.

Different people have shared different methods of getting leads here on this thread, Facebook message and the stuff.

We do have some end-users who do not have any contact form, and no Facebook presence. If you are fortunate that the domain of such end-user is registered with GoDaddy you can contact the user through GoDaddy.

All you need to do is go to GoDaddy whoislookup put the URL of the site there, at the bottom of the whois info, you will see contact domain holder just click on it, you will to send short messages in which GoDaddy will forward to the registrant of the domain.
I have used this method and it works really well. I take no credit for this method cos I got the nugget from one of our oga here(haykay2005).
What is most important in this industry:
*** know your style and strategies.
I must say I sucks when it comes to brandables. Though I have some that were rejected by SH and I have some with BB but never made a sale, I even bought an ebook from one us here on brandable
**Keep learning
**Patience: let me quickly use proxy 94 sale's report as example, he bought portlandcondosforsale/king since last year and the domain got sold recently.
So for us that have not gotten sale I think we need to keep on pushing. Keep buying when you believe in a name after your research register it. Someone just sold mellowTiger/king here and some people were asking what motivated him to buy such name. Simple! is the knowledge of the industry and his gut that the domain will sell and here it is! It sold! The guy racked $2999

Sometimes I use to borrow money to buy names if I'm short of cash. In fact, the domain name avcphotostore/king that sold for 550$ I borrowed the money from my wife to register that name. And I only see one end-user for that name. But base on my gut I bought it, and it's sold.

I really want to say thank you to @ikhalyfah and others for Thier contributions.
I am currently test running boomerangemialtraking one of the nugget @ikhalyfah dropped one android outbounding. I sent a mail to a prospect on Friday and base on tracking he has viewed the 19 times. Though I don't know how reliable that tool is. But any how we move

#hope that helps

Thank you too for this smiley
If I don't give back the little I have to this thread, wetin i gain?!

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 3:55pm On May 31, 2020
jerome263:

Baba u no reply my quote poo

undecided
Sorry pls pm again. When i reply to NL email it gives me error dunno why
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by yeahh(m): 3:59pm On May 31, 2020
Please where's the best place to register .ng names. Urgently pls
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by meetme01: 4:01pm On May 31, 2020
Please, I have a city-movers-king to outband. Should I also scrap the state or just focus on the city
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ewizard1: 4:05pm On May 31, 2020
meetme01:
Please, I have a city-movers-king to outband. Should I also scrap the state or just focus on the city
Great question. Wanna read too.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 4:05pm On May 31, 2020
meetme01:

Focus on the city. Put your domain keywords into Google Maps, any site you see there, outbound to them. If its not enough, do google exact search - "city movers". If e still no do, do bing exact search - "city movers". Just don't go out attacking all the movers in the state.. You go tire sef.

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slumbee(m): 4:10pm On May 31, 2020
Avast:

Same here
Baltimore//moving//company

How long you held it for?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by emmythetbcWiz: 4:11pm On May 31, 2020
ElonMosque:

You won't be blank if you start from page 1. Get a fat diary(not 40 leaves) and get started. The earlier the better.
Helo....Good evening bro. pls kindly help a newbie with a copy pls...

emmy4xft@gmail.com

thanks in advance
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 4:12pm On May 31, 2020
emmythetbcWiz:

Helo....Good evening bro. pls kindly help a newbie with a copy pls...

emmy4xft@gmail.com

thanks in advance

I no jot oo. No vex. But thats what I'd advise myself to do if I'm to start all over again.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by meetme01: 4:16pm On May 31, 2020
ElonMosque:

Focus on the city. Put your domain keywords into Google Maps, any site you see there, outbound to them. If its not enough, do google exact search - "city movers". If e still no do, do bing exact search - "city movers". Just don't go out attacking all the movers in the state.. You go tire sef.

Thanks bro. The other one

I opened a gmai account in Oyinbo's name to outband. Is that the best way? I read somewhere that using a company's email is much better.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by emmythetbcWiz: 4:21pm On May 31, 2020
therealMcCain:
Food is ready.

My Book on brandable domain is out.

In the spirit of giving back to this community, I will be choosing 5persons to give my 3 Ebooks for FREE. The date/modalities for this will be communicated. so be on the watch out.

I have benefited immensely from this group. This will be my way of showing appreciation.

Meanwhile, those that bought the book at quoted price(not discounted price), as promised check your mail, I have sent the brandable book. reach out if you didnt get yours

Good evening bosss.

pls help a brother with a copy plssss.

emmy4xft@gmail. com

thanks in anticipation.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jerome263: 4:21pm On May 31, 2020
ikhalyfah:

Sorry pls pm again. When i reply to NL email it gives me error dunno why

Ok
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ewizard1: 4:24pm On May 31, 2020
meetme01:

I opened a gmai account in Oyinbo's name to outband. Is that the best way? I read somewhere that using a company's email is much better.

Would also like to know. I opened all Registrar/Marketplace with a personal email but opened a new domain coy email for outbounding. Is there any problem lurking?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Chukael: 4:30pm On May 31, 2020
therealMcCain:
Food is ready.

In the spirit of giving back to this community, I will be choosing 5persons to give my 3 Ebooks for FREE. The date/modalities for this will be communicated. so be on the watch out.

I have benefited immensely from this group. This will be my way of showing appreciation.

Meanwhile, those that bought the book at quoted price(not discounted price), as promised check your mail, I have sent the brandable book. reach out if you didnt get yours

Bossman, I'd really appreciate if I'd be considered for the giveaway. The first two I got for the promo price has really been helpful...

Ahead ahead!!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Chukael: 4:30pm On May 31, 2020
ewizard1:

Would also like to know. I opened all Registrar/Marketplace with a personal email but opened a new domain coy email for outbounding. Is there any problem lurking?

You're safe sir!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ollybode(m): 4:31pm On May 31, 2020
OYENIYIJK:
Sir ollybode, thanks sir

MODIFIED: Please what is the meaning of global AdWords. I've gone to Google to search it now but I am seeing google keyword planner.
If you are familiar with expireddomains/net you know what am talking about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 4:31pm On May 31, 2020
meetme01:

Its the best way.. I don't know much about company mails being the best. People are selling with english/biblical names smiley

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 4:33pm On May 31, 2020
CornOak:
This May has been one of our best months on this thread. Congratulations to all recent sellers, may the huge sales circulate among us and also continue like this.

Who noticed that there are no more fights and arguments? Chai, lack of sales no good. shocked grin cheesy
Lol. In other words, na d ppl wey get sales for May, na dem be d fighters here abi?

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by AroFx: 4:36pm On May 31, 2020
Can we just create a crypto withdrawal campaign for Afternic cry cry cry
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by OYENIYIJK: 4:36pm On May 31, 2020
ollybode:

If you are familiar with expireddomains/net you know what am talking about.
thanks sir
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 31, 2020
I buy Gift Cards, Bitcoins and Airtime for Cash.

i also Buy and ship from China (1688, Alibaba), USA (Ebay, Amazon) to Nigeria

whatsapp - 07081997275

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 4:41pm On May 31, 2020
therealMcCain:
Humans can be very funny

When I talked about my book, I was insulted and asked to go open my thread

Now there is an offer for 5 free copy, No more go and open your thread.

The modalities will be ruled out, if you are not a newbie, that's automatic disqualification for you.

I would have loved to give it all out for free, but I have put in too much(this last book is 29pages)

Experience has also shown that folks dont tend to value free things.
I need just the last 9pages. I no greedy

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ewizard1: 4:43pm On May 31, 2020
Chukael:

You're safe sir!
Thanks boss.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by CornOak(m): 4:46pm On May 31, 2020
tranxo:

Lol. In other words, na d ppl wey get sales for May, na dem be d fighters here abi?

I no talk am o. lipsrsealed embarassed grin
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ewizard1: 4:53pm On May 31, 2020
Bosses in the house, please help on this.

For GEO service domain, i can lookup end users.

But what of domains that looks like 'Branded Geo Service' e.g AxxShippingTexas - What category is this domain and would the target users be same as TexasShippingCompanies'
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 5:00pm On May 31, 2020
AroFx:
Can we just create a crypto withdrawal campaign for Afternic cry cry cry

Start am, we dey your back.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Avast(m): 5:07pm On May 31, 2020
slumbee:

How long you held it for?
Less than 2 months

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sodiquisty(m): 5:11pm On May 31, 2020
greatdesire:
Pls bro, I will be grateful if I can be among those that will benefit from your give away.

Thanks and God bless

Will appreciate if I can be one if the Beneficiary boss
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sodiquisty(m): 5:12pm On May 31, 2020
Juanmata48:
Congrats bro...Amen more sales to us all
Wow.. Congrats boss
More sales to us
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by TheSTreetman: 5:16pm On May 31, 2020
therealMcCain:
Food is ready.

I dey ooooh. I don submit my lottery ticket ooh.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by TheSTreetman: 5:26pm On May 31, 2020
ollybode:

Thanks for the questions, let me use this opportunity to address some other questions I got asked:

***What filter do you always use on ED when choosing domain?

The first filter I make use of when selecting names from the drop(deleted) domain is my instinct/my gut - at least 55% of the time my instinct might be right.
So I will advice some of us newbies to always trust our instinct.

In doing this,will need basic knowledge of the industry- this thread, namepros and other domain related site can be of help.

Other filters- I keep it simple (kiss)

In the common section:

Under Domain name settings:
I always checked **No number
**No hyphen
**No consecutive hyphen
In the AdWords section:
I only rase my global AdWords to 1 or 2

Those are the only filters I use personally.

I no what you are thinking!

Who doesn't know all these? Right!

Well that's what I use and Seriously of all the filters, I trust my gut most and I believe most of our oga's can attest to that fact!

**The other thing I consider when I mediately spot a domain that appeal to me is what is the history of this domain, has it dropped before or is it just dropping for the first time. Is the dot net developed( I don't always look at this all the time but, if dot net is developed, your prime end-user to first contact is the dot net owner. But believe me the owner might disappoint by not buy most are times).

Tools that answer the questions

Hosterstats/king- my favourite GOTO
Web.archive/org

The above are the Oracle I consulted in a jiffy.

Another most important factor is who are the end-users: I quickly search the keywords on bing and Google to know the end-users.

As you can see there is nothing new in all these.

As regards to your questions:
immediately I register domain in a reputable registrar I start to outbound
I always got my leads by plug in the keywords of the domain in a search engine and visit their sites with the aid of snov and hunter I extract the email address and start outbounding.
Sometimes in the process, hunter and snov may not extract some site email addresses in that case I make use of contact form. Though this might not be effective as such but it works sometimes.

Different people have shared different methods of getting leads here on this thread, Facebook message and the stuff.

We do have some end-users who do not have any contact form, and no Facebook presence. If you are fortunate that the domain of such end-user is registered with GoDaddy you can contact the user through GoDaddy.

All you need to do is go to GoDaddy whoislookup put the URL of the site there, at the bottom of the whois info, you will see contact domain holder just click on it, you will to send short messages in which GoDaddy will forward to the registrant of the domain.
I have used this method and it works really well. I take no credit for this method cos I got the nugget from one of our oga here(haykay2005).
What is most important in this industry:
*** know your style and strategies.
I must say I sucks when it comes to brandables. Though I have some that were rejected by SH and I have some with BB but never made a sale, I even bought an ebook from one us here on brandable
**Keep learning
**Patience: let me quickly use @proxy94 sale's report as example, he bought portlandcondosforsale/king since last year and the domain got sold recently.
So for us that have not gotten sale I think we need to keep on pushing. Keep buying when you believe in a name after your research register it. Someone just sold mellowTiger/king here and some people were asking what motivated him to buy such name. Simple! is the knowledge of the industry and his gut that the domain will sell and here it is! It sold! The guy racked $2999

Sometimes I use to borrow money to buy names if I'm short of cash. In fact, the domain name avcphotostore/king that sold for 550$ I borrowed the money from my wife to register that name. And I only see one end-user for that name. But base on my gut I bought it, and it's sold.

I really want to say thank you to @ikhalyfah and others for Thier contributions.
I am currently test running boomerangemialtraking one of the nugget @ikhalyfah dropped one android outbounding. I sent a mail to a prospect on Friday and base on tracking he has viewed the 19 times. Though I don't know how reliable that tool is. But any how we move

#hope that helps

Nice one Boss. Expireddomains contains thousands of great names or even millions of great names that drop daily.

To see that depends on the filter you use. Some Filter good names out while surfing ED and still see another good names while some use less filter more stressful and still see good names.

EMDs don't use much filter in searching domains. They just focused on ADword CPC. That's why some people reported sales like WebuyForeigncoin or PreScienceAI or Olybode sales.

The style is the best form of surfing EDs but very stressful going through thousands of useless names looking for gem.

But if you drink enough Yogurt and enough water besides you, your eyes will spot that gem.

Good Luck to all of us.

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1534) (1535) (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) (1540) ... (3312) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: GrammarNazi1(m), Domainer1999, McTeesticks(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.