Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3533517 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (3311) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Farouksenior: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
hourl:

Please how can I knw BB will accept a name before registering it?

U cant cry
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Farouksenior: 12:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
All4good:

Hi Farouk, welldone great job you are doing here.

I submitted my domain L/a/c/o/m/s/a/ .com to Brandbucket (because of you, Lol).
And they replied conveying their acceptance at a suggested price of $1,895.
Going by the prices of 7L .com domains I see on their site I was expecting over $5k.
So what do you think, is 1895 ok?

Let me tell you bro..
I wont advise you to go down this road.
Dont look at my sales and say afterall he did it,i can.

Even haykay don shutdwn him bb acct. selling on bb is frustrating .

BB has 50,000 names
Unless you have up to 1000 names
Or great great LUCK ...

Meanwhile wetin Lac/om/sa mean?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Farouksenior: 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2018
ewuoso:
I had this 20k someone was owing me for like 2 years now and d guy sent me the money this year and I tot to use it on football betting but I tot what the heck I have some domains on my cart on name silo why not use it for them
so I got this 5 domains added to my portfolio
o guys tell me what u think of them

Previous names

carpetcleaningwalthamstow com
heatpumpmaine com
needcarkeys com
plumbervillapark com
villagefordlincoln com

New names

crytopmap com
squicejuice com
clapsing com
cryptosparen com
jailkeep com

ALso i submited them to brandbucket like this

ClapSing.com
JailKeep.com
CrytopMap.com
SquiceJuice.com
CryptoSparen.com
NeedCarKeys.com
PlumberVillaPark.com
VillageFordLincoln.com
CarpetCleaningWalthamstow.com
HeatPumpMaine.com

please ur reviews are needed

All your names will be rejected . None is brandable, more like EMD

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ewuoso(m): 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
When listing your domain for sale which registrar landing page will u advice,
godaddy
namesilo
undeveloped
afternic
or
sedo
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ewuoso(m): 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
Farouksenior:

All your names will be rejected . None is brandable, more like EMD

Thanks bro
What is EMD
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Farouksenior: 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2018
I have to make a disclaimer:

I see guys hoping on BB thinkin it will spin $$$

Let me start now to tell u guys, it does not work like that Y:

1. Brandables take months to years to sell.
2. Buyer need to come to you( most times)
3. You have 49,999 more names competing for buyers attention.
4. The drops is bloody now, dropcatching is worst( you can barely reg great brandAbles now)
5. Renewals
6. Sadly Politics

Brandpa is a better alternative if you have cash, time, resources to wait for your names to find buyers.

Goodbye

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Farouksenior: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
ewuoso:

Thanks bro
What is EMD

Emd - exact match domain
( i thought i saw Carkeys) but sadly its not.

Mostly geo domAins.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Distribusiness(m): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
do you want to know what you can do to make money online? i recommend you to this link to learn more about money making opportunities:

How I Make N5000 Daily From Naira Network Business And You Too Can

[url]https://investment4business..com/2018/01/steps-to-earn-money-online.html
[/url]

iykepromotions:
Edited; this thread is all about exposing one of the other ways to make money online. I don't want this thread to go far however my original thread was deleted late last week by the overzealous antibot. And I promise that this thread will be more interesting than the first thread.

Introduction;
As I write earlier this thread is focusing on how to make money with NEW and EXPIRED domain names, tips, experiences. Do and Don'ts.
It still amazes me that quite a large number of Nigerians are fully online with different devices phones and computers but yet not making money from it. Many things have changed and one of the easiest way to make money now is online. Quote me anywhere.

Now you may be asking" what is a domain name and how can I make money from it"?
Calm down
In one word a domain name is an online real estate. If you want to get a website for personal or business use, what you need first is a domain name. Just like if you want to to build a house, no matter your plans and design, you need a land first.
In other words, without a domain name there will be no website. Without a domain name there will be nothing like e-mail address. "Now how do I make money from it"? The truth is that most good domain names have been taken. ... They have all gone. For example all 3letter domains names has been taken. You can form it and confirm. The only avenue to target is expired domain names. And what is expired domain name again? These are domains that the original owners fail to renew. every domain has an expiry date. The maximum you can register a domain is 10 yr which the minimum is just 1 yr. Now if the original owner fail to renew it after the year duration, some grace period will be given after the domain will be dropped and become available for anyone to re- register and it's legal.

Now this is quite easy and anybody with the right information and tools can do it and have a wonderful result. This is from my personal experience and not a hear say. Now this is richly profitable but just like any other business it has some basic strategies and ways to do it in order to get decent result.

Questions and enquiries are welcomed.

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by hourl: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2018
Farouksenior:

U cant cry

ouch! One more bro, what's my chances of selling BB accepted names maybe I can reg some and do quick flip to get fund to do this brandables of a thing cos listing on BB is $10 per name
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 2sexynet: 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2018
Farouksenior:
I said earlier on that i would chronicle my hustle

Many atimes we come in2 a business thinking, it's a fast way to make cash. Sadly domaining is not.

2015:

I was a green horn, eager to learn..i dey call 2sexy 3-4 hours on his phone sotey d guy phone go hot, infact i pester d guy so badly, him just gree my own come benin.. we begin relate face2face.

Challenges:

Finance
I was the defination of bro:ke infact if i manage reg one name, i fit rest for 2 weeks.
I quickly realized domaining fit put me in debts. Everything i did was not getting head, every month den 2sexy they announce sales..i was like Baba God pick my call na.

Cape of Good Hope:
O mehn in came the brandbucket hype .. brandables dey sell like fire. I sat down one day after analysing like 10 names, i regged them with the sole purpose of selling them as BB accepted names.... oluwa ooo.

I immediately turn supplier, they chop small small 20$ to 25$. I was not happy but contented.

Renewals:
I come dey try balance things but sadly, since i regged many crazy names back den, i had to let go. Infact even though it looked as if i was in money, i was actually broke.

2016:
I read through the two threads on nairaland, i realized my strengths was in brandables. But with brandables, so much uncertainty especially when you are buying handregs.

Brandbucket:

Quickly built a portfolio of about 14 names, but not a single sale, i stumbled across a guy here saying he sold Payarc .com, i strengthed my resolve.

Sadly 2016 my saving grace was doing quick flips for bb accepted names.

2017 :
I bought bolthost .com, na dis name wer mk 2sexy cum think say i don loose my head.

I emailed buyer...
Buyer answered me with 50$
I replied with 3000$
Buyer started abusing me..
> you steal names
> you sonofabitch
> you even stole my name so you can sell at a higher rate to me.

I was calm.

Buyer >>> ok, ok i will do $200 last

I said NOPE !! - $2000 looks beta

Buyer:
> you ungrateful asshole
> bloody squatter.

I lost my head and we engaged in over 15 email replies. Infact it was bloody he cussed me, i cussed him baq. Ended up sellin the name on NP for about 120$.

2018:

-January got a small contract to supply names
Made $1400

-March 1st sold my first brandbucket name like i earlier mentioned here : $2495.

I took 10% as a tithe and said God i want mk
You give me a better sales.

- june 15.

I sold V/eras/hield .com for $4495

Stats:
1. G/o/chir/p .com
Brandable
Brandbucket
Purchase cost : $8 (handreg)
Duration : about 6-7 months
Sold : $2495

2. V/era/shie/d. com
Brandable
Brandbucket
Purchase cost : 8$ (handreg)
Duration : about 8-9 months
Sold : $4495

Its been God.
I still dey learn
Thanks

Lazy domainer

Last bullet:
Be careful of who you share things with on Np, some of those guys will just rob you blind. Steal your ideas, steal your names if possible.

Lol... Congrats bro. Nice one. I am happy. I didn't doubt you from day 1. The fire was there my grouse with you then was for good cos u always complained of no money but when you get chance to flip a name for $$$, you end up blowing it up and it got me mad.

It was same reason I stopped listening to your cry cos that was the only way to make you learn the hard way.

I am happy seeing this sales from every other person. I didn't start the domain thread back in 2013 but my contribution has led to a lot of people making something, at least a start up capital for next level.

You all must have noticed my silenced across domain board...

I am cooking something monsterous offline and will share when it is right.

I will take a break from Domaining for a while.

Go big or Go home

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by All4good: 4:29pm On Jun 21, 2018
Farouksenior:

Meanwhile wetin Lac/om/sa mean?
La/com/sa is an invented name not a keyword name so it doesn't have a general meaning except as attached by owner in branding.
My question to you was seeking your input in the area of pricing which you completely omitted.
I understand the competition is tough but it doesn't apply to only brandables in the domain industry.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by expertix(m): 4:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
Farouksenior:

U cant cry
It seems you can test your domains with $1 each before registrations and after acceptance you can then buy the domains
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
All4good:

La/com/sa is an invented name not a keyword name so it doesn't have a general meaning except as attached by owner in branding.
My question to you was seeking your input in the area of pricing which you completely omitted.
I understand the competition is tough but it doesn't apply to only brandables in the domain industry.
Let me chip something in about the pricing, I have never use brand bucket,and I don't think I would in foresable future,I just join the brandabke trend and I register on brandpa, I submitted couple of names but only two were accepted,there is tolerance for you to reprice your name subject only to the brandpa team accepting your new price..
The first name my price was rejected..
Listed at $2399 tried to upnto $4999 but they stretched the price to $2899
Second name was accepted for $2199. But I was able to increase the price to $4999..
The names are

Resto health
Riddle chain

In .king

NOT PUBLISHED YET STILL WAITING ON SOMETHING
Goodluck
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 2sexynet: 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
All4good:

I have not done brandable and I think the only one I have sold is BassEnergy.com but I have a basic knowledge of how the business works.

You will fare better when your brandables sounds meaningful... Brandables coined from real words do well as well.

Haykay sold Fundeen.com and you can clearly see where he got the idea from which is Funding.

VeraShield.com is another good one. Vera is a name of a lady... We can also say it is coined from Viral..

I own AppRay dot com which sounds like April

On and on it goes. You get the idea?

5 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 2sexynet: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2018
expertix:

It seems you can test your domains with $1 each before registrations and after acceptance you can then buy the domains
lol... They will program a bot that detected submitted names that are available for hand reg.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by All4good: 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
2sexynet:
I have not done brandable and I think the only one I have sold is BassEnergy.com but I have a basic knowledge of how the business works.

You will fare better when your brandables sounds meaningful... Brandables coined from real words do well as well.

Haykay sold Fundeen.com and you can clearly see where he got the idea from which is Funding.

VeraShield.com is another good one. Vera is a name of a lady... We can also say it is coined from Viral..

I own AppRay dot com which sounds like April

On and on it goes. You get the idea?

Thanks man.
Your input is well appreciated.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by All4good: 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2018
Carmal90:

Let me chip something in about the pricing, I have never use brand bucket,and I don't think I would in foresable future,I just join the brandabke trend and I register on brandpa, I submitted couple of names but only two were accepted,there is tolerance for you to reprice your name subject only to the brandpa team accepting your new price..
Second name was accepted for $2199. But I was able to increase the price to $4999..
The names are

Resto health
Riddle chain

In .king

Goodluck
With brand bucket you can also adjust their suggested price +/-20%.
Would you like to share your reason for your dislike of brand bucket?
Thanks for your input sir
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
All4good:

With brand bucket you can also adjust their suggested price +/-20%.
Would you like to share your reason for your dislike of brand bucket?
Thanks for your input sir

They have numerous name
That is my only reason
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by smokey12345: 5:25am On Jun 22, 2018
thanks to the OP for this lovely eye opening and the nice informations i always love trying new things...i have been reading this thread for over a week now and i have decided to join the league of people that are making things to hapen for themselves... there is a question i want to ask.. pls if i buy a domain for 1 yr can i pay for another year whenever the domain name is about to expire or its better to pay for 2 years upfront..help a newbie out gurus in the house and i promise i am coming back here soon for testimony. thanks
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Farouksenior: 6:44am On Jun 22, 2018
Carmal90:

The names are

Resto health
Riddle chain

In .king

Goodluck

Nice but remember
In brandables, your price has to match the weight of your name, if not buyers go avoid u, .
How do u choose price??

- use namebio as guide.

Nices names sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by temmy59: 9:10am On Jun 22, 2018
Farouksenior:

Nice but remember
In brandables, your price has to match the weight of your name, if not buyers go avoid u, .
How do u choose price??

- use namebio as guide.

Nices names sir

Can you explain better on how to use namebio as guide
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jamih: 10:33am On Jun 22, 2018
smokey12345:
thanks to the OP for this lovely eye opening and the nice informations i always love trying new things...i have been reading this thread for over a week now and i have decided to join the league of people that are making things to hapen for themselves... there is a question i want to ask.. pls if i buy a domain for 1 yr can i pay for another year whenever the domain name is about to expire or its better to pay for 2 years upfront..help a newbie out gurus in the house and i promise i am coming back here soon for testimony. thanks

yeah... you can pay for the renewal when it is about to expire
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by smokey12345: 10:35am On Jun 22, 2018
jamih:
thanks sir and God bless

yeah... you can pay for the renewal when it is about to expire
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Promxy94(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2018
Why do I keep getting this message from afternuc and there is no kin in the mail....
Please forum members help me out
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 22, 2018
Please, farouksenior, 2sexynet, haykay, are any of these
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by karferguso(m): 10:48am On Jun 22, 2018
karferguso:
Hi Guys. I started rhe domain business since last year January. I've been busy with other stuffs so I barely have time for it. However, I have a domain that just expired. It's still in the grace period so I could renew. The domain name is virginia/gym in king
This still available?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Farouksenior: 11:43am On Jun 22, 2018
expertix:

I know...but bad o
U end up dashing out money

1$ = 360 naira grin cheesy
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Farouksenior: 11:45am On Jun 22, 2018
Slonge2:
Please, farouksenior, 2sexynet, haykay, are any of these names good for brandable

Jdcure.com
Pensies.com
Sosvg.com
Explored.com
Onmeter.com

No sir..,
Go to dngeek, read from 2015
You will learn alot

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by smokey12345: 11:52am On Jun 22, 2018
i have made payment via bank transfer to domainking.ng and i send them message with trancation number and the rest details and this is the message i recieved from them..

Hi,

We have received your email. One of our support representative will respond to your query in some time.

We normally reply back in few minutes.

Sometime it might take a little longer for our team to reply back depending on the issue and the number of pending tickets and our working hours.

So, you are requested to have patience during this time and wait for our support representative to get back to you.

We advice our customers to not Send multiple requests/emails for a same issue as that would make things complex at our end. Moreover, your multiple emails might go to spam, and we might miss them all together.

So, we request you to patiently wait for us to get back to you.

Please note we handle all the issues on top priority. So don't worry we will get back to you soon with a solution to your issue or query.

Best Regards,

DomainKing.NG Support Team

Email: support@domainking.ng

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DomainKingNG

Connect with us on Nairaland: https://www.nairaland.com/1959505/domainkingng-thread
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by smokey12345: 11:58am On Jun 22, 2018
i just recieved another email from them now

Hi Onijamowo,
Thank you for sending us all your payment details.

We have informed our payment partner: Voguepay regarding this payment confirmation:

Total Amount To Be Processed: NGN 19999.99
Depositor's Name: Temitope Onijamowo
Transaction ID: Transfer from First bank [A/C 3081***614] by Temitope Onijamowo to Vogue Web Solution [GT Bank]
Deposited Date: 22-June-2018

They shall update the amount in some time, this could take upto 24 hours max.

Your order will activated within few hours (minimum) to 24 hours maximum since our payment partner has to confirm the payments manually from the Bank and then update us. This process could take some time.

So we request your patience during this time.

Feel free to contact us if you have any queries.

Best Regards,
Angad
DomainKing.NG Billing
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by expertix(m): 1:52pm On Jun 22, 2018
Farouksenior:

I know...but bad o
U end up dashing out money

1$ = 360 naira grin cheesy

Sure! Bad, but that is the only way to know if it will be accepted when new in the biz, but it will waste too much money for BB sake

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (3311) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: papalasun, narite, TaiwoKing and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.