Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,998 members, 7,952,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:44 AM

My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? (3975 Views)

My Dilemma: My Girlfriend's Confessions. / My Dilemma With A Married Woman I Encountered In My Office / My Dilemma With A Married Friend Who Wants Sex From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
@OP

Before you crucify a possible faithful girl, kindly take note that something like the kind of primary and secondary education she had could have been the major reason she graduated with a 3rd class. Besides, to graduate from FUTO is not easy, especially for someone that attended a community primary and secondary schools in the hinterland. Most of the people that came through the aforementioned backgrounds normally passed their SSCE and JAMB through runs (sometimes not because they wish to, but because of the poor standards of the schools/teachers, coupled with poverty and misconceptions about corruption being the means to attain greatness in life). Therefore, they always finds it hard to assimilate quickly when they finds themselves at the higher institutions.

As a lawyer you said you're, I'd expects you to use your analytical and sensitive attributes/attitudes to know her level of IQ and personality traits. . . . Believe you me, I only need less than a day of physical contact with someone to know the person's attributes and level of IQ.

Don't judge her by her past or formal academic grade, rather make your decision based on whom she presented herself to be at present. Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by chigoizie7(m): 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2016
Just look @ this one.

Some people just think it is all about degree and what grade u came out with right?

I am even ashamed that someone who knows how naija education system works will be saying something like this.

I know of a girl who was meant to graduate the same year I graduated, but the last time I chatted her on whatsapp, she is still writing two courses being handled by one lecturer.

I am not saying that ur bae might not be an olodo, but, but u should know that marriage and commitment has nothing to do with educations and degree.

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by montezz(f): 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
Dyt:

The OP is simply an idiot
undecided undecided undecided
I can't agree less.
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Festy4u(m): 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2016
@op, what has class of degree as to do with a lady you wanna settle down with? undecided And have you thought of those men who are graduate but settled for ladies that didn't even saw the four walls of a university? There are more to marriage than the class of degree a lady or a guy graduated with or whether or not a guy or a lady is a graduate or what not!

2 Likes

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
Ozodigboo, Nawa for you.

It's just a piece of paper! That she had a 3rd class doesn't mean her life is over. What matters is what she chooses to make of her life?

I had a 3rd class. Not because I'm dumb. The first 2 years were a piece of cake. Beginning of my 3rd year, I fell sick. Was admitted for more than a month. By the time I resumed, I couldn't get my feet on time. I gave up.

Long story short, today I'm working in an amazing company, I love my job, the pay is good. I got promoted twice, this year. I'm preparing to do my Postgraduate Diploma, then Masters in Canada. I've already gotten 4 offers from different schools.

My life didn't end because I had a 3rd class.

Also, I know a lady who studied Law in Nsukka. She graduated with a Pass. Today, she's a Paralegal in Canada. She's married with kids.

I didn't limit myself because of my result. My life and destiny aren't determined by a piece of paper.

My 2 cents. Good luck.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Stycon(m): 8:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
Please ask her and stop troubling your mind with assumptions.

#Communication

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by afanide: 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2016
ozodigboo:
What I'm about to say is the truth...i need honest answers pls.
I'm not bothered with criticisms, just let your opinions be HONEST and am satisfied.

I'm in a dilemma....I'm a lawyer practising in anambra, been in a long distance relationship with a corper practising in Kwara.
She will complete nysc next month.
She knows that if things go well, marriage could be on the cards, but we're still getting to know each other.
The last time she visited 2 weeks ago, we were discussing career prospects, i asked, she said she had 3rd class...later she said '' ordinary pass ''.
But she was smiling while saying this.
I didn't wanna push further in order not to give the impression that i'm more concerned about degree than finding a good person.
She looks and sounds reasonably decent......or is she not ? I'm i mistaken ?
3rd class [ or ordinary pass ]for a lawyer......does it matter in marriage ?

OTHER QUESTIONS
1. If she really had that type of degree, could she still be a good girl ? The course she studied isn't that competitive.....3rd class means she may not have been going to class..so where has she been going to ?
2. last time she visited, she saw a pic of an old Flame of mine...i was calm. she asked nothing, i said nothing. [ quite unusual, maybe she didn't wanna ask because she didn't want me to ask back ].
3. i jokingly told her i will come and visit her in ilorin, she wasn't really keen....is she hiding something ? or not ? she lives in a private catholic family house, but knows i can easily afford a hotel, so why the hesitance ?

** i found out from someone that she had a carryover...that alone doesn't mean 3rd class. And that '' someone'' couldn't give me additional info. i know i will eventually know [ she wants to give me her CV and results at the end of nysc for job search etc] but i want to make up my mind asap....that's why i came here.
THANK YOU ALL

Dump degreeand carry on if SHE HAS THE QUALITIES YOU NEED IN A LADY and most importantly, if the love is the.

Since when did grade become a cliteria for marriage

Nawa for u o bros

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by psalm1man(m): 8:50pm On Oct 26, 2016
Berbierklaus:

I hope with these few words of mine I have been able to convince and not confuse you about my stand on the issue Mr Lawyerman cheesy.

can you now epp me like the pinshure tongue

Many factors beyond students control can lead to 3rd class. COMMUNICATE wit her to know exactly wot went wrong. I said communicate and not INTERROGATE (lest she becomes defensive) that shuldnt stop your investigation tho, I mean you a lawyer now, you know how you do your thing.

Btw, Ogbeni barrister lawyer, this lady will give you a run for your money in your profession. lady, are yu sure you not a lawyer yourself?
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Mskrisx(f): 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2016
[quote author=Berbierklaus post=50530483]
[i][b]In 2016 you still think been promiscuous equals poor grades in school? are you kidding me?
Who made you a lawyer? have you ever traveled from your town and neighboring villages?

In 2016 your criteria for a life partner involves looking down on them because you are a lawyer? can you handle a woman who is more educated and into a better profession than you? No you can't,you come across as an insecure individual.

In 2016 you believe people on the internet will give you answers to person questions about the person you are seeing one on one?
What is your background like?

Why are u stressing this na? Shey to am now if him no marry the chick nobody go reason her again? Mtchew abegiii give tithe to Oga Titus! angry angry u still get time to follow am dey yarn dust angry undecided

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by psalm1man(m): 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2016
LadyMercedes:

My life didn't end because I had a 3rd class.

My 2 cents. Good luck.

LadyMercedes, I was so touched by the story, I wasn't opportuned to have a 3rd class bt can you kindly link me up with the good paying job of yours? Is it a Mercedes firm? It doesn't even matter, just epp me smiley

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by jimb(m): 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2016
believe me this lawyer is seeing another woman.

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Fourwinds: 9:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
nonsense.! nonsense!! nonsense.!!!

it is ur type dat will use d church one attend to determine who he or she will marry instead of whst d individual actually stand for..

a lot of people stand for nothing but dey are so faithful to attending church programmes.. nonsense again
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by csamii: 11:29pm On Oct 26, 2016
Which department?
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by ificatchmodeh: 12:53am On Oct 27, 2016
ozodigboo:
I'm not bothered with criticisms, just let your opinions be HONEST and am satisfied.

I'm in a dilemma....I'm a lawyer practising in anambra, been in a long distance relationship with a corper practising in Kwara.
She knows that if things go well, marriage could be on the cards, but we're still getting to know each other.
The last time she visited 2 weeks ago, we were discussing career prospects, i asked, she said she had 3rd class...later she said '' ordinary pass ''.
I didn't wanna push further in order not to give the impression that i'm more concerned about degree than finding a good person.

OTHER QUESTIONS
1. If she really had that type of degree, could she still be a good girl ? The course she studied isn't that competitive.....3rd class means she may not have been going to class..so where has she been going to ?
2. last time she visited, she saw a pic of an old Flame of mine...i was calm. she asked nothing, i said nothing. [ quite unusual, maybe she didn't wanna ask because she didn't want me to ask back ].
3. i jokingly told her i will come and visit her in ilorin, she wasn't really keen....is she hiding something ? or not ? she lives in a private catholic family house, but knows i can easily afford a hotel, so why the hesitance ?

** i found out from someone that she had a carryover...that alone doesn't mean 3rd class. And that '' someone'' couldn't give me additional info. i know i will eventually know [ she wants to give me her CV and results at the end of nysc for job search etc] but i want to make up my mind asap....that's why i came here.
THANK YOU ALL

My friend, your post is unnecessary..especially the qualification.

You're not ready for marriage..believe me...tho you may think otherwise.
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 27, 2016
ozodigboo:

OTHER QUESTIONS

THANK YOU ALL
PLEASE, LEAVE her to settle for her type.
Both of U share dissimilarity.
Since U have already started reasoning like this, the ?LOVE, has dropped significantly.

So u can imagine what will happen in MARRIAGE.
By the way LADIES never compromise when it comes to their turn.
Ask yourself, what if I graduated with PASS with no comfortable apartment, meanwhile she's got 2nd class Upper, will she SETTLE for me...?

PLEASE , I don beg u ooooooo.
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by realtalk19: 6:48am On Oct 27, 2016
saintdennis:
Hmm baba 3rd class doesn't just mean she doesn't know book o.

It means she was loose or focusing on one boy (school husband n wife thingslol)

Sir b4 I conclude...pls which school did she grad from? That's what will determine errthing.

Also go and investigate her FB. Olosho love posting pics n updating status (go and check her posts during school)

Anyway personally I can't marry a 3rd class/ pass babe

before concluding, u ar not God. 3rd class in a state or federal uni isnt as easy especially if u ar a true christian .

my junior sis just concluded NYSC and she already has offers from a standard lab,multinational beer company and an eye clinic at V.I. she has gone for d multinational company medicals and immunization shots.shes resuming training for nxtweek . she had a 3RD class. despite her devoted and studious nature with no bribing nd expos.

its only God dat can place u were no man can get to easily. as long as u pray wholeheartedly nd blive in God and also study rightly. he wil connect u

1 Like

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by realtalk19: 6:56am On Oct 27, 2016
ozodigboo:

OTHER QUESTIONS

THANK YOU ALL

u ar not God to give up on her coz she has 3rd class.she could get a better offer and position than u wit better pay if God decides to favor her.

u ar not sure of urself nd u dnt trust her.so dnt decieve her if u cant cope wit d degree result.

i hope wen u find ur 1st class chick wit enof pay and connections u wunt complain dat shes proud,arrogant and also cheating on u . u ar a confused man wit misplaced priorities. u need jesus
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by tomdon(m): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2016
ozodigboo:

Thanks, dear...I'm not TOO embarassed as per the grade. I'm more interested in knowing WHAT CAUSED that type of grade. i don't wanna marry an olosho....or someone who married a husband throughout her 5yrs in skl

Most girls around now do that. It's disheartening.
Just get yourself a virgin. You won't need to think about her escapades
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by saintdennis(m): 9:06am On Oct 27, 2016
realtalk19:

before concluding, u ar not God. 3rd class in a state or federal uni isnt as easy especially if u ar a true christian .

my junior sis just concluded NYSC and she already has offers from a standard lab,multinational beer company and an eye clinic at V.I. she has gone for d multinational company medicals and immunization shots.shes resuming training for nxtweek . she had a 3RD class. despite her devoted and studious nature with no bribing nd expos.

its only God dat can place u were no man can get to easily. as long as u pray wholeheartedly nd blive in God and also study rightly. he wil connect u
Sorry but this your post reeks of all emotions & no intelligence

No1: I never said I was God! I only said I can't marry a 3rdie holder...don't I have the right to choose who I wanna date/marry?

No2: Which reputable company will employ a 3rdie holder without connection?

Pls be honest & tell us she was first referred by someone with influence (its still part of God's grace) I have 3rdie friends who working with reputable firms un2 connect-connect.

If she got hers with ZERO connect but jes CV submission NO P! It's all to glory of God.

No3: per the bolded pls don't abuse our universities by telling us 3rd class isn't easy especially if you're a true christian? what does true christianity entail?
I know TWO morally upright, overzealously religious women who are first class & 2.1 holders Respectively.

Don't insult christianity by using it to justify a poor grade.
It's also a slap on the face of people who did well without sorting or engaging in malpractice.
You say she was studious but made a 3rdie? Lol

No4: I don't even understand how ur last line relates to my post...abi I talk say 3rdie no go make am 4 life?
Grades don't determine success & the OP isn't talking about success But whether or not it was her lifestyle in school that caused her 3rdie #simple.

Congrats to your sis but I still maintain my earlier assertion.

*take care*

2 Likes

Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by temitopeking(m): 9:11am On Oct 27, 2016
if you are ready, u know what to do, but i suspect that she is pulling your legs, if not goodluck, many marry undergraduate that they dont know what is goin to be there grade. u marry by heart not by eyes.
ozodigboo:

OTHER QUESTIONS

THANK YOU ALL
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by realtalk19: 11:58am On Oct 27, 2016
saintdennis:

Sorry but this your post reeks of all emotions & no intelligence

No1: I never said I was God! I only said I can't marry a 3rdie holder...don't I have the right to choose who I wanna date/marry?

No2: Which reputable company will employ a 3rdie holder without connection?

Pls be honest & tell us she was first referred by someone with influence (its still part of God's grace) I have 3rdie friends who working with reputable firms un2 connect-connect.

If she got hers with ZERO connect but jes CV submission NO P! It's all to glory of God.

No3: per the bolded pls don't abuse our universities by telling us 3rd class isn't easy especially if you're a true christian? what does true christianity entail?
I know TWO morally upright, overzealously religious women who are first class & 2.1 holders Respectively.

Don't insult christianity by using it to justify a poor grade.
It's also a slap on the face of people who did well without sorting or engaging in malpractice.
You say she was studious but made a 3rdie? Lol

No4: I don't even understand how ur last line relates to my post...abi I talk say 3rdie no go make am 4 life?
Grades don't determine success & the OP isn't talking about success But whether or not it was her lifestyle in school that caused her 3rdie #simple.

Congrats to your sis but I still maintain my earlier assertion.

*take care*

there was no refferal. God singled her out for favor.dnt take my opinion personal. u can bliv wat ever u want to blive.

since u cant marry a 3rd class it shows how myopic ur idea of marriage is. marriage goes beyond class,grade, love etc
it takes d grace of God.

afterall like u said earlier its ur choice. goodluck saintdennis
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by saintdennis(m): 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
realtalk19:

there was no refferal. God singled her out for favor.dnt take my opinion personal. u can bliv wat ever u want to blive.

since u cant marry a 3rd class it shows how myopic ur idea of marriage is. marriage goes beyond class,grade, love etc
it takes d grace of God.

afterall like u said earlier its ur choice. goodluck saintde.nnis

Smiles...
I doubt my idea of marriage is myopic...

'the grace of God': that sums up ur view though.

#goodluck2 you too
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by costal(m): 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
Berbierklaus:

Very sorry if I sounded insultive,I believe in leading people through instead of insulting them,btw I am in every position to lecture you on education, you know jackshit about me but I know you claim to be a lawyer...lolzzz

If you truly attended a university,you will know that various reasons could lead to an individual graduating with 3rd class or even pass aside from promiscuity or runs girl,like you called it grin
1)mistaken grading
2)Lecturers sexual harrassment
3)some people are not just wired to excel in education,doesn't make them lesser human or even dullards.
Brilliance Is different from intelligence undecided

My dear so called lawyer,what I mean by that statement is that you communicate with the lady in question,and even see her during holidays,all the questions in your initial posts can only be answered correctly by her and no one else,the best anyone here can do is to start assuming,from what i can see from the earlier commenters,which could be wrong

What I mean is that a long distance relationship requires enough trust,but you already raised doubt's about what she could be doing in kwara,meaning you don't trust her.
And you are the one ranting here grin,you created the thread

Refer to what I said earlier,a number of reasons could have led to her having third class all you need to do is ask her, btw ARTICULATE,WELL SPOKEN does not equate brilliance or education excellence,If you are truly a lawyer you should know this...I know several people who can't speak very good English but excel well in academics and vice versa.

At this point I need to ask,what is your choice in a life partner? a 2:1 graduate or a articulate well spoken 3rd class graduate, because you made me understand that you aren't bothers about her 3rd class but why she had it or are you just following the norm of creating unnecessary problems because ladies have ridiculous reasons to reject a guy?

Lolz,your post is getting under my skin like you called it grin because you are belittling a lady you want to marry for funny reasons grin
And you have some bloated egos too cheesy

[i]I hope with these few words of mine I have been able to convince and not confuse you about my stand on the issue Mr Lawyerman cheesy.

can you now epp me like the pinshure tongue
[/i]Hmmmm u make me smile I swear,u re very correct my dear,i can help but steer @ ur pix I like de sense of ur judgement.
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Ejimaa: 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
that she has third class is not a determinate of her life then in school dear. some persons pay to upgrade there GP.while some are well enough for there Gp. I have a similar case like hers, what is the cause of my client own,she lost her dad and her mum in her first year and because of it,she couldn't concentrate in her studies and she had parallel 'F'in her first year,,,,according to her,she became so frustrated that she went for change of course but she was told is too late,either she quit or work hard to make up those 'F' and at the end of the day,she came out with third class. will u say she has been too busy with some guy somewhere? apart from that even, some persons are third class holders and belt me,is not because of some guy somewhere ,the course they were offered after staying how many years at home,also contributed to there third class. (if u don't beat them,u join the)so,if you have checked you lady and she's what u want,why allow her grade be of a distraction to you? Why do we have this ideal of going behind who we claim to love,to inquire about some things? if I can't believe the word of my so called love,truth him even when I know he lied, what then am I doing with him? let's have this in mind,u can never get 80% of what we are looking for in any human. grade in education,is not grade in sense, is not grade in making money,is not grade in our everyday life,is not grade in our dealing with people and our environment nor its a grade in whatever that has to do with us. my dear,whatever the case maybe,the question is,can u live with her? can u be able to condole her shortcomings? can u finish from work and be happy u are going home to met your wife? do u think she will be able to bring up your kids in the way they should go even when u are not around? do u think at the hearing of her voice, u would want to hear it again and again? do u think u say to God, thank u for giving this woman by my side with all sincwrity and not this camouflage people do this days? if u can be proud of her,then don't let degree degrade tou...my opinion anyway ...goodday
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Ejimaa: 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
that she has third class is not a determinate of her life then in school dear. some persons pay to upgrade there GP.while some are well enough for there Gp. I have a similar case like hers, what is the cause of my client own,she lost her dad and her mum in her first year and because of it,she couldn't concentrate in her studies and she had parallel 'F'in her first year,,,,according to her,she became so frustrated that she went for change of course but she was told is too late,either she quit or work hard to make up those 'F' and at the end of the day,she came out with third class. will u say she has been too busy with some guy somewhere? apart from that even, some persons are third class holders and belt me,is not because of some guy somewhere ,the course they were offered after staying how many years at home,also contributed to there third class. (if u don't beat them,u join the)so,if you have checked you lady and she's what u want,why allow her grade be of a distraction to you? Why do we have this ideal of going behind who we claim to love,to inquire about some things? if I can't believe the word of my so called love,truth him even when I know he lied, what then am I doing with him? let's have this in mind,u can never get 80% of what we are looking for in any human. grade in education,is not grade in sense, is not grade in making money,is not grade in our everyday life,is not grade in our dealing with people and our environment nor its a grade in whatever that has to do with us. my dear,whatever the case maybe,the question is,can u live with her? can u be able to condole her shortcomings? can u finish from work and be happy u are going home to met your wife? do u think she will be able to bring up your kids in the way they should go even when u are not around? do u think at the hearing of her voice, u would want to hear it again and again? do u think u say to God, thank u for giving this woman by my side with all sincwrity and not this camouflage people do this days? if u can be proud of her,then don't let degree degrade tou...my opinion anyway ...goodday.....
Re: My Dilemma....lawyer Weds 3rd Class Graduate ? by Ejimaa: 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:
@OP

Before you crucify a possible faithful girl, kindly take note that something like the kind of primary and secondary education she had could have been the major reason she graduated with a 3rd class. Besides, to graduate from FUTO is not easy, especially for someone that attended a community primary and secondary schools in the hinterland. Most of the people that came through the aforementioned backgrounds normally passed their SSCE and JAMB through runs (sometimes not because they wish to, but because of the poor standards of the schools/teachers, coupled with poverty and misconceptions about corruption being the means to attain greatness in life). Therefore, they always finds it hard to assimilate quickly when they finds themselves at the higher institutions.

As a lawyer you said you're, I'd expects you to use your analytical and sensitive attributes/attitudes to know her level of IQ and personality traits. . . . Believe you me, I only need less than a day of physical contact with someone to know the person's attributes and level of IQ.

Don't judge her by her past or formal academic grade, rather make your decision based on whom she presented herself to be at present. Good luck.
I think you guys should even ask him his own level of degree,i mean,for coming up with this question,is a slap on the face....Barrister....well,is cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

EX Begging Me To Attend Her Wedding. Look At What She Promised Me.. / If My Bf Doesnt Beat Me A Day, I Will Be So Nervous Truout That Day- Naija Lady / (party Lovers) Check Out This Conversation Between A Yahoo Boy And His Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.