Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money (1035 Views)

Merry Bet Has Refused To Pay Me My Money / Mapoly Student Wakes Up Screaming “My Money’s Inside The Well,” Plunges Inside / "Policemen Beat Me In Abuja, Seized My Car, My Money Got Missing" - Man Narrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by Ayomibare: 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hello house, a client has been owing me about 600,000 naira nearly 2 years and he's now threatening to report me to the police for disturbing him when I send him reminders.. Please lawyers and learned ones in the house, how do I approach this matter.. Efcc? . ICPC? Police. I need my money and I have proofs that he's owing me.
Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by Ayomibare: 8:03am On Oct 28, 2016
Ayomibare:
Hello house, a client has been owing me about 600,000 naira nearly 2 years and he's now threatening to report me to the police for disturbing him when I send him reminders.. Please lawyers and learned ones in the house, how do I approach this matter.. Efcc? . ICPC? Police. I need my money and I have proofs that he's owing me.
I need replies..pls.

1 Like

Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by Seyong10(m): 9:07am On Oct 28, 2016
seek help from the law enforcement agencies..nt our regular naija police tho...becaus they ll add petrol to ur fire...if u av connections wt efcc..its ok
Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by Ayomibare: 9:36am On Oct 28, 2016
Seyong10:
seek help from the law enforcement agencies..nt our regular naija police tho...becaus they ll add petrol to ur fire...if u av connections wt efcc..its ok
thanks bro..but I don't have any connections with efcc
Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
Why the threat of police? Isn't it a clean deal? If he is truely owing you and the deal is not controversial, serve him paper from court. Don't let him go to the police first or else; they will maneuver you and twist the case.
Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by patola080(m): 10:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
Wer do u base and live ?
Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by Ayomibare: 10:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
patola080:
Wer do u base and live ?
I live in Lagos..and its a clean deal..I gave him money to procure some things and he embezzled it
Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 30, 2016
Ayomibare:
I live in Lagos..and its a clean deal..I gave him money to procure some things and he embezzled it
Of you have evidence of that you gave him the money, why not visit the nearest police hqrts sir to lay the complain.
Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by EkoErrands: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
Ayomibare:

My brother... There is no doubt he is owing you... In fact unlike me I do believe he is owing you. But if your debtor starts threatening you... Just know that he has discovered a legal loop hole in your initial agreement and he is willing to use it against you in any theater of engagement having competent jurisdiction on such matter.

So check am well it's either you don't have any document with his signature on it or no document bearing the stipulated amount or balance signed by him. There are a lot more instances of loop holes...

As for me, I make it a point of duty to write my debtors every few months asking for my payment and I always make sure they acknowledge a copy of all my letters... In a year I make them acknowledge up to 2 or 3 letters for me. And I will now go and file all of them behind the original contract award letter.

My dear in court... The letters I will present go fit reach 10...if you count am well ;and all of them carry the man signature "Original copy received" with date.

Even when I wrote my bank to cancel a cheque I still collect acknowledgement copy from a whole bank... A whole bank. As if I knew... The crook still went ahead to present my cheque. I dey for mechanic when I receive debit... I just smile.

The problem be say I no want carry a whole bank go do court case so I just calmly went to the branch and made them reverse it. They knew the wahala that can emanate from such error... You needed to see how they we're sweating and clicking their computer trying to reverse the thing before the money go far... ;DD

So what am saying is you have made a contractual blunder somewhere... Trust me.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by EkoErrands: 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
Ayomibare:

I knew you made a contractual blunder... My brother the only person you give money to procure something should be your wife. Any other Mara you want to procure something for you should be given an LPO or contract letter stating the amount of initial mobilization and signed "collected by me" with date.

Even date of delivery should be stated. If it comes 1 second late you have the right to revoke the procurement and ask for a refund.

Business is a war front... Bro wake up!
Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by Ayomibare: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
sammyomal:

Of you have evidence of that you gave him the money, why not visit the nearest police hqrts sir to lay the complain.
the only evidence I have is his bank notes on the part he repayed earlier. Which he acknowledged owing me.. I believe that should still be counted as proof
Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by Ayomibare: 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2016
EkoErrands:

I knew you made a contractual blunder... My brother the only person you give money to procure something should be your wife. Any other Mara you want to procure something for you should be given an LPO or contract letter stating the amount of initial mobilization and signed "collected by me" with date.

Even date of delivery should be stated. If it comes 1 second late you have the right to revoke the procurement and ask for a refund.

Business is a war front... Bro wake up!
the only evidence I have is his bank notes on the part he repayed earlier. Which he acknowledged owing me.. I believe that should still be counted as proof.. He has paid 40% back.. But doesn't want to pay further
Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by Kingbuhari(m): 6:20am On Oct 31, 2016
Seyong10:
police will never get his money back... the best they can do for him is to arrest the debtor threatened him/her to pay the money, the debtor might agree to pay the money instalmentally... but if the debtor is too wise he will bail himself , the best police will tell u is to take the case to court.. believe me is not going to end in 4years if u take him to court, police don't settle disputes but they can only prosecute and help u get judgment

1 Like

Re: Urgent::please How Best Can I Get Back My Money by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 31, 2016
Ayomibare:
the only evidence I have is his bank notes on the part he repayed earlier. Which he acknowledged owing me.. I believe that should still be counted as proof
Sure that should still Count as a Proof..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Prison Closed For Lack Of Criminals / See Photos Of An Angry Wife Puting Pepper In The Vagina Of Her Husband’s Girl / In Port Harcourt; Girl Escapes Death! Runs Out Naked From A Hotel Room.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.