Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Farida Waziri Attacked In New York - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farida Waziri Attacked In New York (4946 Views)

Farida Waziri Denies Writing Obasanjo, Threatens Legal Action / Ribadu - Farida Waziri Is A Cheap Liar Who Seeks Undue Relevance / EFCC Chairman Farida Waziri Has Been Sacked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by temmytanny(m): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2009
THANKS GOD THEM NO BREAK HER HEAD

Members of the Nigerian Democratic Liberty Forum (NDLF) in New York last Friday ensured that Farida Waziri, Executive Chairperson of Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission left the venue of her speaking engagement via the back door.

Farida was at the Upper East Side offices of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) to talk about corruption in Nigeria. But the NDLF was not buying the ruse that she is qualified to talk about fighting graft. Their presence, in the end, saw the former policewoman fleeing into the Friday afternoon traffic.

As soon as the protesters unveiled their placards and began to lift their voices, the CFR security hurriedly called the New York Police. Upon their arrival, the police requested that the protesters move across the street. That decreased the protest’s visibility, but not the protester’s impact or their message.

Our reporter noted that long after Waziri was scheduled to have departed CFR’s Harold Pratt House offices at 1: 30 PM, it was obvious that she and her entourage were holed up inside the building, afraid to come face to face with the protesters. At 2 :00 PM, she hurriedly exited the building through a back door, and was swiftly smuggled off in a waiting car belonging to the Nigerian Consulate in New York.

The protesters did their best to mob the car, waiving their posters and angry presence was duly noticed. Indeed it was, and the car carrying Farida quickly sped off around the corner through a red light.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/10/26/protesters-stalk-waziri-in-new-york
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2009
Awesome!!
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by Pharoh: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2009
They should thread softly holding such a position is not an easy Job undecided
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by POSAKOSA1(m): 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2009
waziri gba ise da ron
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by chic2pimp(m): 6:35pm On Oct 26, 2009
Pharoh:

Abeg comot dat side jare. Not easy ko Not hard ni.
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by cvibe: 6:37pm On Oct 26, 2009
At least, she was lucky they didn't throw eggs like they did to baba Iyabo.
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by iwefactria: 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2009
good one there grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by bjmighty(m): 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2009
god save her say i no dey there!!
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by wendoworld(m): 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2009
abeg if e no easy to hold such post then make she step down now! if no be long troat wey people get if the place wey u dey work dey spoil ya image then u quit honourably than facing insult
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by hbrednic: 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2009
bjmighty:

god save her say i no dey there!!

wetin you for do grin grin grin
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2009
them do well.that woman is confused and having hormonal imbalance
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by backspade(m): 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2009
Good!!
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by tunde300us(m): 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2009
Abeg where all dis protesters when ojo madueke came to New York cos atleast farida was masquerading to be doing something.In MADUEKE's case that man no even get any idea of what his positon is
Crazy country sad angry
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by lawrence83: 7:32pm On Oct 26, 2009
Splendid!, wished u was mobbed to dead.
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by kayc33(m): 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2009
nice kiss
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by MUZBO(m): 7:56pm On Oct 26, 2009
One day those protesters will turn to suicide bombers! Then they'd be sorry.
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by onoja12: 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2009
nigerians do u not know that when you disgrace your own outside you equally disgrace yourself.
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by MrCrackles(m): 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2009
Topic. . . .
This is good news. . . . grin
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by koolchicco: 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2009
onoja12:

nigerians do u not know that when you disgrace your own outside you equally disgrace yourself.

Sheessh!! She wont be this lucky next time, bet me!
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by darne(m): 8:20pm On Oct 26, 2009
Hmmm,, Ok ,.That was a close one there for her,, cheesy smiley
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by puskin: 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2009
Hurray 2d Nigerians in NY for a job welldone.
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by ojofu(m): 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2009
Pharoh:

See, if the kitchen is too hot for her, she should run out of the kitchen.

wendoworld:

abeg if e no easy to hold such post then make she step down now! if no be long troat wey people get if the place wey u dey work dey spoil ya image then u quit honourably than facing insult

No mind them, abi no be their mate dey resign for other country.
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by manny4life(m): 8:45pm On Oct 26, 2009
What was the crime that this woman commited for her to be treated like that?
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by bawomolo(m): 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2009
onoja12:

nigga please
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by 3kay945(m): 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2009
i wish i was there, i would ve empty pack of rotten duck egg on her scary face, we ve just started!.
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by chic2pimp(m): 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2009
Pharoh:

I insist it is not easy or will you do a better job if you were given the opportunity?

This ain't about me being able too to do a better job. This is about her being useless and therefore should step down. The next time she is in the uk,I will be amongst the band of protestors too.

BTW, if you still want to know if i'll do better job,let's put it this way,I wouldn't do a worse job than what she is currently doing now.
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by 3kay945(m): 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2009
@onoja, re u related to madam EFCC? if yes or no, think twice before postin!, i rest my case.
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by 3kay945(m): 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2009
@onoja, re u related to madam EFCC? if yes or no, think twice before postin!, i rest my case.
Re: Farida Waziri Attacked In New York by superboi(m): 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2009
it was written on one blog that abuja people have recriuted some people to go and infest various nigerian blog after what happenned in london to a-donkey and in new york to madam wayo-zi so people do not be suprise by certain comments by strange names on this forum just ignore them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award / Faroukgate: Should Otedola Appear Before House Of Reps? / I Declare War On The Partisan And Biased Moderators On NL Politics Section!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.