Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother (816 Views)

Would You Marry a Spouse like your Father or Mother? / A Baby Father Or A Divorced Dad: Which Is Better For The Child? / Who Owns A Child? Father Or Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by lytone(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2009
Among the two peers, which one is actually ryt to follow in terms of prescriptions of drugs and who knows best? who do u trust wen you are ill?
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by ubiaa5(f): 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2009
definately mom,a father might come up wit the medication to take, but at d end of day the mom will follow up to make sure the medication is actually taken n of course tlc.
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by lytone(m): 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2009
i think i agree with u, but,,
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by ubiaa5(f): 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2009
but wat.
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by coolier(f): 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2009
lytone:

Among the two peers, which one is actually ryt to follow in terms of prescriptions of drugs and who knows best? who do u trust wen you are ill?

None of them. Except of course any of them is a Medical Doctor!
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by lytone(m): 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2009
coolier:

None of them. Except of course any of them is a Medical Doctor!
tou said dat cos u are a doctor urself abi? well am talkin of in terms of self medications now.
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by Fhemmmy: 2:49pm On Oct 27, 2009
Mother ofcourse, some Father dont even know when the kids are to be fed.
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by lytone(m): 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Mother ofcourse, some Father dont even know when the kids are to be fed.
lol. i concour
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2009
lytone:

lol. i concour

Abi i lie?
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by Sissy3(f): 4:47am On Oct 28, 2009
why not ask both? you may say mothers, but they dont know everything, same with the fathers. and it also depends on the kind of the "self medications" needed.
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by OgidiBoy(m): 4:52am On Oct 28, 2009
Sissy I see you up there ooo ^^^ I dey salute oooo kiss

If none of them is a medical doctor then they should not be prescribing medications.
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by Sissy3(f): 4:59am On Oct 28, 2009
ma big bro, how you dey? longest tyme!!
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by OgidiBoy(m): 5:12am On Oct 28, 2009
~Sissy~:

ma big bro, how you dey? longest tyme!!

sister I dey, so how your side
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by agathamari(f): 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2009
neither. a medical doctor who when to medical school should be the only one perscribing medication and only after a full exam
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by Fhemmmy: 8:52pm On Oct 30, 2009
agathamari:

neither. a medical doctor who when to medical school should be the only one perscribing medication and only after a full exam

i am sure you know what we talking about, there are some times, when the baby is running temperature, it is only only the Mother that will know what to immediately do . . .while a man will sit the baby besides a fireplace.
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by coolier(f): 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2009
lytone:

tou said dat cos u are a doctor urself abi? well am talkin of in terms of self medications now.
'Am not a Medical Doctor and I strongly oppose self medication. Only Medical Doctors are qualified to prescribe drugs!
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by agathamari(f): 2:54am On Oct 31, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i am sure you know what we talking about, there are some times, when the baby is running temperature, it is only only the Mother that will know what to immediately do . . .while a man will sit the baby besides a fireplace.
that is why pediatricians have telephones and hospitals have an emergency room
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by Outstrip(f): 3:39am On Oct 31, 2009
I think the topic needs to be reworded. I don't think the OP meant prescription drugs but I may be wrong
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by Fhemmmy: 3:41am On Oct 31, 2009
agathamari:

that is why pediatricians have telephones and hospitals have an emergency room

tell me the fone number you would call for such if you reside in Ajegunle.
Even in the western world, the doctor will ask you if you have administer anything to the kid, cos for fever, they expected you must have at least done something. . . . .not for every lil thing, we have to run to emergency, that is why the emergency room is clogged with people that are just coughing and yet blabbing on their fone n the waiting room of the emergency while they can read on the wall "pls turn off all handheld devices"
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by coolier(f): 7:54am On Oct 31, 2009
Outstrip:

I think the topic needs to be reworded. I don't think the OP meant prescription drugs but I may be wrong

That's why it's good to say exactly what one means and not leave it to others to decipher. Maybe the topic should have read Re: who knows best in administering drugs, father or mother?
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by Outstrip(f): 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2009
Yes. I think that was what she meant
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by Fhemmmy: 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2009
Outstrip:

Yes. I think that was what she meant

You guys cld be right, however, when it comes to medication, both can do it
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by agathamari(f): 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2009
Fhemmmy:

tell me the fone number you would call for such if you reside in Ajegunle.
Even in the western world, the doctor will ask you if you have administer anything to the kid, cos for fever, they expected you must have at least done something. . . . .not for every lil thing, we have to run to emergency, that is why the emergency room is clogged with people that are just coughing and yet blabbing on their fone n the waiting room of the emergency while they can read on the wall "pls turn off all handheld devices"
 there is a diffent between prescription medication (one that is prescribed) and over the counter things like tylenol, as far as the western world the drs there tell you to take your child to the er when thier temp hits 100/101 and not to wait till you can get a drs apointment.  that is why hospital emergency rooms include non tramatic clinics in them.  go to any er in the wester world and at any given time there is at least one parent there with a child under 2 who has a fever.
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by Outstrip(f): 6:14pm On Oct 31, 2009
agathamari:

there is a diffent between prescription medication (one that is prescribed) and over the counter things like tylenol, as far as the western world the drs there tell you to take your child to the er when thier temp hits 100/101 and not to wait till you can get a drs apointment.  that is why hospital emergency rooms include non tramatic clinics in them.  go to any er in the wester world and at any given time there is at least one parent there with a child under 2 who has a fever.  

Bad idea to take a child with 101 degree fever to the er. Treat with Ibuprofen or tylenol at home to reduce the fever.
Re: Who Knows Best In Prescribing? Father Or Mother by ubiaa5(f): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2009
seriously agathamarie u r still arguing back n forth about the Dr office n Er,can u sincerely tell me that u take ur child 2 d Er anytime he or she has a fever or cold,u have never used over d counter medication on them,n like fhemmy said tell me the no to call if in Nig.

(1) (Reply)

Peace Or Justice. Which Should Prevail In Our Homes? / Life After Divorce / Men, Who Do U Listen To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.