Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) (13610 Views)

Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / On The False Doctrine Of Adamic Sin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Peacefullove: 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
solite3:

Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear[b]: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; [/b]yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Mark 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

The fire of hell does not quench neither does its worm dies
Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The torments never ends!

The shame and regrets never ends!

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

You are warned Hell is real!

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

and how many of those who died and come to life in your bible claim to visit heaven or hell when they died ?

Some versions of the bible translates Sheol or hades as GRAVE . KJV inclusive , so which means the richman lifted up his eyes in the grave hehehehe. only a fool will believe this really happened .

moreover in that Mark 9:44 u earlier affirm , some verses of that chapter mentioned the founder of the Christian religion , Jesus saying eyes , hands go to hell . to finalise it he said at Mark 10 vs 28 that Body go to hell too, DO YOU BELIEVE THIS ? and how many bodies have have u seen disappeared from mortuary to hell in recognition of Matthew 10:28 ? or is Jesus lying here ?

many of you can't answer this things .

am surprised at Revelation 20 vs 10 , wow solite3 pls in simple English what is everlasting life . will the devil also have it ? define it first and let's see if the devil burning in a fire for everlasting doesn't prove the guy have everlasting life
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Genesis2000(m): 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
Wilgrea7:

i didn't modify any word... if u claim Yahweh is trying to modify the bible then why are there still many of his followers who believe in this doctrine? the false doctrine was introduced by the roman Catholic church. their biggest mistake was letting us have our own bible

Welcome sir. I have been following this thread. And i don't know what else to add, you have said it all. Infact i have even learn more from you today.

You remember i told you last time on the other thread. That i decided to reserve my comments on some of the issues like this, that otherwise they will thought i am encouraging iniquity.

All what you said here is what i have always hold on to right from the onset.

I will use the reply button later later when am through.

Thank you.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
Wilgrea7:

this is very nice... what u said about protestants is very true.. too much bigotry.. everyone pointing fingers... that's d main reason I'm not fused with denominations....so the Catholic isn't the Antichrist?? its still a question on my mind that I've not clarified..
There has been many people, mostly dedicated ministers that have converted to catholicism in spite their experience and years in protestant/pentecostal ministry. It is extremely difficult not to if one reads the early church fathers, history and the writings of the early Saints.
Right from the 16th century reformation, if you read early works of reformers they have always called the Roman catholic pope the anti-christ, and believe it or not protestantism puts that in the subconscious of their adherents.
What led me to christianity was related to catholicism so I wasn't judgemental about them, for one I knew their priests were more open to questions about what they do that protestants don't understand and disagree with. A business man who converted to catholicism said ''As a business man and I would say that any business that has lasted for 2000 years has to be the real deal. It is the real deal.' One has to critically think why as a christian one condemns the catholic church and the catholics? and if you look for answers you may find that you follow men in their bigotry and trace it back to the 16th century reformers.

Another thing is that Rome is known for adding to their creeds what breeds suspicion like centuries after the reformation, it added papal infallibility ie. The decree of the Pope is amen and final. They also have the pope as the head of the church and vicar of Christ (remember the pope is a bishop of Rome like others in say Alexandria which do not add these infallibility and vicar privileges) which the orthodox and protestants oppose saying Christ is the head of the church. However, no catholic or even the pope would admit to and say the pope is the head of the body of Christ but it is in their creed that he is the head of the Church.

I had a discussion with a priest who said the accusations of anti-christ have come from both sides over the centuries, the orthodox and protestants, however he said the closest anyone fit the description of anti-christ was Mohammed, appearing as an angel of light.
The Catholic church isn't the anti-christ and I don't think it can be. There has been scandalous popes and decent popes but christians have always worshipped God as catholics since its inception. It is even the catholic church that always tries to lead the ecumenical movement to unite christians as one as Jesus prayed in John 17 but the protestants almost instantly reject and are too many to even begin with. The Orthodox also would not accept unless the church of Rome changes it's creed. But fundamentalist Islam is clearly what is anti-christianity and anti-christ especially with the rise of extreme these groups of terror and death.
I've read some books like the book of Enoch sha.. I'll continue reading others at my spare time. i consider myself a lost sheep
but i sincerely do not think today's church is my home
There is no Enoch in the Orthodox or Catholic bible. I still watch what I read but it's all good as long as you know why you are reading it.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Genesis2000(m): 7:58pm On Oct 29, 2016
Peacefullove:

So devil and his angels will have everlasting life too ?

@schoola8200
thanks for the bolded.
I was about to comment on it.

And back to you. Read the bolded again God never promise Devil an everlasting life. May be is a typo error.

Yea, according to that very passage. Prepared for the devil and his angels. This this show that that place was not ment for man originally? Can you see that? Why was that kind of punishment made for devil? The answer is that the Satan was not made with sand (dust) but with fire. So Satan will return to where he came from while man will return to dust. There is no other truth that is greater than this.
Read what God told Adam after their disobedient. In Genesis.

Because you have done this, dust you are and to dust shall you return. My dear no be me talkam, na God use him mouth talkam.

But to those who has met his requirement. (Jesus) he will raise them from dust and grant them everlasting life as he originally planed for Adam. Jesus is the requirement of God. That is the only things that you need to have or get access to eternal life.

Did you understand my gospel?
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Wilgrea7(m): 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
Genesis2000:

Welcome sir. I have been following this thread. And i don't know what else to add, you have said it all. Infact i have even learn more from you today.

You remember i told you last time on the other thread. That i decided to reserve my comments on some of the issues like this, that otherwise they will thought i am encouraging iniquity.

All what you said here is what i have always hold on to right from the onset.

I will use the reply button later later when am through.

Thank you.

if they tell you that you're promoting iniquity, tell them that that they're promoting the false image of a wicked god.

for the fact someone doesn't agree with the truth doesn't make it false..

God bless
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Wilgrea7(m): 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2016
TheSixthSense:

There has been many people, mostly dedicated ministers that have converted to catholicism in spite their experience and years in protestant/pentecostal ministry. It is extremely difficult not to if one reads the early church fathers, history and the writings of the early Saints.
Right from the 16th century reformation, if you read early works of reformers they have always called the Roman catholic pope the anti-christ, and believe it or not protestantism puts that in the subconscious of their adherents.
What led me to christianity was related to catholicism so I wasn't judgemental about them, for one I knew their priests were more open to questions about what they do that protestants don't understand and disagree with. A business man who converted to catholicism said ''As a business man and I would say that any business that has lasted for 2000 years has to be the real deal. It is the real deal.' One has to critically think why as a christian one condemns the catholic church and the catholics? and if you look for answers you may find that you follow men in their bigotry and trace it back to the 16th century reformers.

Another thing is that Rome is known for adding to their creeds what breeds suspicion like centuries after the reformation, it added papal infallibility ie. The decree of the Pope is amen and final. They also have the pope as the head of the church and vicar of Christ (remember the pope is a bishop of Rome like others in say Alexandria which do not add these infallibility and vicar privileges) which the orthodox and protestants oppose saying Christ is the head of the church. However, no catholic or even the pope would admit to and say the pope is the head of the body of Christ but it is in their creed that he is the head of the Church.

I had a discussion with a priest who said the accusations of anti-christ have come from both sides over the centuries, the orthodox and protestants, however he said the closest anyone fit the description of anti-christ was Mohammed, appearing as an angel of light.
The Catholic church isn't the anti-christ and I don't think it can be. There has been scandalous popes and decent popes but christians have always worshipped God as catholics since its inception. It is even the catholic church that always tries to lead the ecumenical movement to unite christians as one as Jesus prayed in John 17 but the protestants almost instantly reject and are too many to even begin with. The Orthodox also would not accept unless the church of Rome changes it's creed. But fundamentalist Islam is clearly what is anti-christianity and anti-christ especially with the rise of extreme these groups of terror and death.

There is no Enoch in the Orthodox or Catholic bible. I still watch what I read but it's all good as long as you know why you are reading it.

wow.. you've really cleared my mind on that stuff... i always suspected the fundamentalist muslim sects that always kill.. what you're saying makes so much sense... ignorance really kills.. i thank God I've left the association of finger pointing Christians.. i don't point fingers anymore.. thank you for this write up... it really helped me understand many things

thanks again

1 Like

Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Wilgrea7(m): 8:25pm On Oct 29, 2016
solite3:

Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear[b]: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; [/b]yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The torments never ends!

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Luke 16:19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, 16:21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 16:27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 16:28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 16:29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 16:30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 16:31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

concerning this your fire quenched worm dieth... i have adressed this issue in Isaiah 66:24 which says the same thing but points out that they'll be carcasses(dead) and they will waste away

concerning Daniel verse... see below

John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

again... the rich man and Lazarus is a PARABLE and i can prove it.. if you want to know then just say so... also.. do well to explain all these verses below in the light of everlasting torment

Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Genesis2000(m): 8:41pm On Oct 29, 2016
Wilgrea7:

if they tell you that you're promoting iniquity, tell them that that they're promoting the false image of a wicked god.

for the fact someone doesn't agree with the truth doesn't make it false..

God bless

can you imaging?

I told a preacher here that can you put your son in a hot oven or fire for just twenty four (24) hrs and watching him tormented there and you're there staring at him, just because he disobeyed you?
He was speechless. Can you imaging? He then trying to corner it and said God can not do it to his son. Can you see? he doesn't want to answer strait question. Are we not all children of God? I was saying can you? But he was saying a different thing. Now if man who is wicked can not be able to do it, for just 24 hrs without changing his mind how on earth will our heavenly, merciful, gracious, and righteous father now do it for everlasting life. Which is more that trillion and trillion years. Does it make any sense atall?

What this individual were also saying is that man is more loving merciful, and than God.

There was a place where Jesus was teaching in Matthew, he said if you who were evil can give good gift to your children how much more will your heavenly father give to those who asked from him. Matthew 7;11 and Luke 11; 13.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Wilgrea7(m): 9:25pm On Oct 29, 2016
Genesis2000:

can you imaging?

I told a preacher here that can you put your son in a hot oven or fire for just twenty four (24) hrs and watching him tormented there and you're there staring at him, just because he disobeyed you?
He was speechless. Can you imaging? He then trying to corner it and said God can not do it to his son. Can you see? he doesn't want to answer strait question. Are we not all children of God? I was saying can you? But he was saying a different thing. Now if man who is wicked can not be able to do it, for just 24 hrs without changing his mind how on earth will our heavenly, merciful, gracious, and righteous father now do it for everlasting life. Which is more that trillion and trillion years. Does it make any sense atall?

What this individual were also saying is that man is more loving merciful, and than God.

There was a place where Jesus was teaching in Matthew, he said if you who were evil can give good gift to your children how much more will your heavenly father give to those who asked from him. Matthew 7;11 and Luke 11; 13.

yes.. you're very correct.. but the eternal torment preachers don't care to question it. they rather paint God as a sadist... which is not right.. most atheits use this as a means to insult God.. a false accusation.. God help us all
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by MrMystrO(m): 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2016
Scholar8200:

Now ,sir, compare your explanation with what Jesus said here:

47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched
Mark 9:47,48

Do you notice any correlation or contradiction?

My friend, that was not Jesus talking, that was the work of the Early roman Christians sect in association with the roman government at that time to alter the words of an enlightened man to promote the concept of eternal damnation through hell fire, In a bid at establishing Christianity as the only or dominant religion in the world, thereby keeping all men in the line of the christian religion using the fear of hell as the ultimate weapon to achieve this feat. The bible you place all of your faith in is a thoroughly edited and over manipulated manuscript devised by the decaying roman empire, through the combinations of books, some being historical writings of enlightened men of old, and some mere formulated myths, coined together solely for the means of global domination through mental slavery for all men. That was why for 1,400 years they persecuted anyone who said or believed in anything contrary to the beliefs of Christianity, By gruesome torment or burning to a stake, Ushering in a time known as the Dark Ages, just for the sake that all men are mentally enslaved by the belief of the choice of either Christianity or eternal fire and torment for all Eternity. Jesus did not teach and NEVER taught about hell fire or eternal damnation. Go and read the old, raw and untouched book of the apostles about the life of Jesus which was recently discovered by archeologists in recent times, and you will discover a whole other story my friend. Jesus even taught extensively about re-incarnation(being born again) as the means of repayments of ones sins and evil deeds in his lifetimes, by coming on other lifetime journeys to the earth again to re pay back his negative deeds and cleanse his negative karma, and through multiple lifetimes of repayment, through suffering, misfortune and horrible events caused by the effects of the the negative karma surrounding such an individuals soul, Eventually the negative karma of that soul will be fully cleared, thereby achieving redemption and the soul will then be allowed to move into a higher state of consciousness/existence (which u can also call heaven). This is the Destiny of all Souls. NO SOUL IS DESTINED FOR ETERNAL DAMNATION, BECAUSE ALL SOULS ARE FRACTIONAL MANIFESTATIONS OF THE ULTIMATE SOUL, THE ETERNAL MULTIDIMENSIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS AND CREATOR OF ALL THINGS WHICH IS GOD, THEREFORE ALL SOULS EXISTED PRIOR TO CREATION ITSELF AND IN THE PLAN LAID DOWN FOR ALL SOULS BY THE ULTIMATE MULTIDIMENSIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE CREATOR, NO SOUL IS GIVEN MORE THAN IT CAN BEAR AND IN THE END WILL AND MUST ACHIEVE REDEMPTION FROM THE SOUL TRAP OF THE EARTH REALM, THEREBY RETURNING TO ITS ORIGINAL PURE STATE PRIOR TO CREATION, AND BECOMING ONE AGAIN WITH THE ETERNAL CREATOR. These teachings of jesus about the doctrine of re-incarnation was thoroughly erased by the roman christian founders working with the ceaser to further Strengthen and solidify their own doctrine of an eternal state of fiery torment for the payment of ones evil deeds and which there is no Redemption or pardon for the whole of eternity just for the sins committed in just one lifetime. This is the BIGGEST LIE of all ages and people need to be aware of it. The message of jesus, and every other enlightened Clairvoyant that came as, Jesus, Mohamed, Buddha, Zoroaster and all the rest of them was just a very simple but extremely powerful message which they all shared in common. And this message was the GOOD Message of LOVE, and You only need to Honestly with all your heart, keep doing just three things to clear your negative karma and eventually achieve redemption which is through THINKING GOOD THOUGHTS, DOING GOOD DEEDS AND SPREADING LOVE TO EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING AROUND YOU, EVERYWHERE YOU GO. LOVE is the strongest force in the universe because it was the Force the universal multidimensional consciousness in which we all call God, Used to bring all of existence and creation into being, It is the Only Force that can be used to erase the negative karma of the soul and that Force reveals itself through TRUTH. We have all been misled into thinking we know the truth, when really we are just trapped by group of people, who want us exactly where we are by taking advantage of the inner powerful force in all humans that drives us towards search for the truth about our existence, And enslaving us through that thought by making us think we know the truth, when really we have all just been misled for some selfish global world domination purposes. I Know all your bases of belief has always been in the bible which is still in all fairness not a bad manuscript to base your beliefs on, But if you really wanna Know the REAL TRUTH about the deep questions in your Heart, Go do your research very well bro And you will find out that through Knowing the Real TRUTH, You gain True Freedom.

Before you start your research, (That is if you want to, and if indeed you have an open mind) You can start by examining the writings and revelations of a 20th century clairvoyant named edgar cayce about 15 important topics we all seek answers to, and his writings might serve as a Good start to understanding the fundamental Truths of the universe and Help you in your search for Real TRUTH.

This is the site here: http://www.near-death.com/paranormal/edgar-cayce.html
(only read the 15 NDEs and afterlife index of edgar cayce himself first, before the other articles)
Have a great and wonderful day bro, Remain Enlightened and blessed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2016
MrMystrO:

But if you really wanna Know the REAL TRUTH about the deep questions in your Heart, Go do your research very well bro And you will find out that through Knowing the Real TRUTH, You gain True Freedom.

Before you start your research,
(That is if you want to, and if indeed you have an open mind) You can start by examining the writings and revelations of a 20th century clairvoyant named edgar cayce about 15 important topics we all seek answers to, and his writings might serve as a Good start to understanding the fundamental Truths of the universe and Help you in your search for Real TRUTH.
grin grin grin grin Isn't this the bestl advice? "...Go do your research with an open mind BUT before you start your research read..." grin grin grin grin
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by MrMystrO(m): 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
solite3:

The torments never ends!

I will quote the same write up i just did to a fellow brother not so long ago, and i think you deserve to hear it too.

My friend, that was not Jesus Or any of his apostles talking, that was the work of the Early roman Christians sect in association with the roman government at that time to alter the words of an enlightened man to promote the concept of eternal damnation through hell fire, In a bid at establishing Christianity as the only or dominant religion in the world, thereby keeping all men in the line of the christian religion using the fear of hell as the ultimate weapon to achieve this feat. The bible you place all of your faith in is a thoroughly edited and over manipulated manuscript devised by the decaying roman empire, through the combinations of books, some being historical writings of enlightened men of old, and some mere formulated myths, coined together solely for the means of global domination through mental slavery for all men. That was why for 1,400 years they persecuted anyone who said or believed in anything contrary to the beliefs of Christianity, By gruesome torment or burning to a stake, Ushering in a time known as the Dark Ages, just for the sake that all men are mentally enslaved by the belief of the choice of either Christianity or eternal fire and torment for all Eternity. Jesus did not teach and NEVER taught about hell fire or eternal damnation. Go and read the old, raw and untouched book of the apostles about the life of Jesus which was recently discovered by archeologists in recent times, and you will discover a whole other story my friend. Jesus even taught extensively about re-incarnation(being born again) as the means of repayments of ones sins and evil deeds in his lifetimes, by coming on other lifetime journeys to the earth again to re pay back his negative deeds and cleanse his negative karma, and through multiple lifetimes of repayment, through suffering, misfortune and horrible events caused by the effects of the the negative karma surrounding such an individuals soul, Eventually the negative karma of that soul will be fully cleared, thereby achieving redemption and the soul will then be allowed to move into a higher state of consciousness/existence (which u can also call heaven). This is the Destiny of all Souls. NO SOUL IS DESTINED FOR ETERNAL DAMNATION, BECAUSE ALL SOULS ARE FRACTIONAL MANIFESTATIONS OF THE ULTIMATE SOUL, THE ETERNAL MULTIDIMENSIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS AND CREATOR OF ALL THINGS WHICH IS GOD, THEREFORE ALL SOULS EXISTED PRIOR TO CREATION ITSELF AND IN THE PLAN LAID DOWN FOR ALL SOULS BY THE ULTIMATE MULTIDIMENSIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS OF THE CREATOR, NO SOUL IS GIVEN MORE THAN IT CAN BEAR AND IN THE END WILL AND MUST ACHIEVE REDEMPTION FROM THE SOUL TRAP OF THE EARTH REALM, THEREBY RETURNING TO ITS ORIGINAL PURE STATE PRIOR TO CREATION, AND BECOMING ONE AGAIN WITH THE ETERNAL CREATOR. These teachings of Jesus about the doctrine of re-incarnation was thoroughly erased by the roman christian founders working with the ceaser to further Strengthen and solidify their own doctrine of an eternal state of fiery torment for the payment of ones evil deeds and which there is no Redemption or pardon for the whole of eternity just for the sins committed in just one lifetime. This is the BIGGEST LIE of all ages and people need to be aware of it. The message of Jesus, and every other enlightened Clairvoyant that came as, Jesus, Mohamed, Buddha, Zoroaster and all the rest of them was just a very simple but extremely powerful message which they all shared in common. And this message was the GOOD Message of LOVE, and You only need to Honestly with all your heart, keep doing just three things to clear your negative karma and eventually achieve redemption which is through THINKING GOOD THOUGHTS, DOING GOOD DEEDS AND SPREADING LOVE TO EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING AROUND YOU, EVERYWHERE YOU GO. LOVE is the strongest force in the universe because it was the Force the universal multidimensional consciousness in which we all call God, Used to bring all of existence and creation into being, It is the Only Force that can be used to erase the negative karma of the soul and that Force reveals itself through TRUTH. We have all been misled into thinking we know the truth, when really we are just trapped by group of people, who want us exactly where we are by taking advantage of the inner powerful force in all humans that drives us towards search for the truth about our existence, And enslaving us through that thought by making us think we know the truth, when really we have all just been misled for some selfish global world domination purposes. I Know all your bases of belief has always been in the bible which is still in all fairness not a bad manuscript to base your beliefs on, But if you really wanna Know the REAL TRUTH about the deep questions in your Heart, Go do your research very well bro And you will find out that through Knowing the Real TRUTH, You gain True Freedom.

Before you start your research, (That is if you want to, and if indeed you have an open mind) You can start by examining the writings and revelations of a 20th century clairvoyant named edgar cayce about 15 important topics we all seek answers to, and his writings might serve as a Good start to understanding the fundamental Truths of the universe and Help you in your search for Real TRUTH.

This is the site here: http://www.near-death.com/paranormal/edgar-cayce.html

(only read the 15 NDEs and afterlife index of edgar cayce himself first, before the other articles)
Have a great and wonderful day bro, Remain Enlightened and blessed.

Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by MrMystrO(m): 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2016
TheSixthSense:

grin grin grin grin Isn't this the bestl advice? "...Go do your research with an open mind BUT before you start your research read..." grin grin grin grin

Yes, my aim of letting you have access to that particular information is so you dont wonder too Far from THE Real Truth. His writings are more like a means for you to be able to connect and be at one with your inner consciousness, which is the source of all truth, thereby giving you the wisdom when doing your research, to be able to know truth when you see it, and also be able to decipher lies when you come across such, And moreover, i have never made it compulsory or a must to see before you start on your quest to truth, its just like a guide or lending a helping hand to a man on a quest. And like every other guide, or voluntary help, you can decide to take it, or leave it, it doesn't change anything. I only suggest it to people because it helped me, and its my duty to do the same and offer a helping hand to my fellow human but as we all know, we all have different paths to take on our journey in life, so its not necessarily compulsory for anyone my brother. TRUTH must and Will always reveal itself to Everyone in due time. Stay blessed bro.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Peacefullove: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2016
Genesis2000:

@schoola8200
thanks for the bolded.

And back to you. Read the bolded again God never promise Devil an everlasting life. May be is a typo error.

Yea, according to that very passage. Prepared for the devil and his angels. This this show that that place was not ment for man originally? Can you see that? Why was that kind of punishment made for devil? The answer is that the Satan was not made with sand (dust) but with fire. So Satan will return to where he came from while man will return to dust. There is no other truth that is greater than this.

Because you have done this, dust you are and to dust shall you return. My dear no be me talkam, na God use him mouth talkam.

But to those who has met his requirement. (Jesus) he will raise them from dust and grant them everlasting life as he originally planed for Adam. Jesus is the requirement of God. That is the only things that you need to have or get access to eternal life.

a dead man return to dust !!!

but he will be alive for everlasting in that fire right ? will he be dead ?

if Satan is alive for everlasting in that fire , does that not simply means he has everlasting life ( emphasis on " ALIVE " to be living, have life) ?
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Peacefullove: 10:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
Genesis2000:

@schoola8200
thanks for the bolded.

you forget a dead man return to dust !!!

but Satan will be alive for everlasting in that fire right ? will he be dead ?

if Satan is alive for everlasting in that fire , does that not simply means he has everlasting life ( emphasis on " ALIVE " to be living, have life) ?
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by raphieMontella: 8:24am On Oct 30, 2016
Morning sire...
TheSixthSense:
bros i dont understand this your *wayo* style....
By catholic,i mean the practices/rituals of the early church inline with today...
Also..the rcc was not created in 1054...thats pure bullshvt...(forgive the words)
Its like saying if biafra separates from nigeria today...then nigeria started existing today...
The bishop/church of rome was the authority of the churches in early christianity to a great extent and its ''popes'' are apostolic successions of peter up till todays Rcc..it was because of papal supremacy and some theological beliefs of the church then..that made the
The east separate from the west and not the other way round
They only took up Rcc for better indenntification as the eastern orthodox still called themselves catholic at that time before they changed it to orthodox...

see ehn..i can give you bishops of the church of rome and alexandria and their beliefs...and see if its not in rhythm with the rcc..like the veneration/worship/honour of mary
Better still..
Read up second century apologist;Justin Matyr's description of the sunday mass..
When the apostles creed and nicence creed was made...
What the Council of ephesus in 431 was about..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by raphieMontella: 8:42am On Oct 30, 2016
TheSixthSense:

About Bibles, the Orthodox bible contains books that are not even in the Roman catholic bible and it's old testament is translated from the Septuagint (LXX). Most of the Bibles in circulation and on apps and the internet have old testaments translated from the Masoretic texts (MT).
wow!
Im impressed you know and accept this...
While i was a christian,i would have been a catholic-hating pentecostal if not that i had a catholic mum..who helped shappen my perspection of things

The Catholics and Orthodox document every doctrine and decision on dogma and even sermons(catechisms) even from the early centuries and their teachings are based on interpretations of early Saints and apostles, the people that knew the first apostles that Christ chose. Sorry for the long post I just had to share.
very few pentecostals have this knowledge you have...and its a pity......
When i knew sola scriptura was BS was when i discovered the bible has other types--assyrian church of the east (syrian bible) etc
and that the bible(pentecostals use) itself is just catholic tradition...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Wilgrea7(m): 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2016
any other eternal torment preachers to refute my claims??
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
Peacefullove:

and how many of those who died and come to life in your bible claim to visit heaven or hell when they died ?

Some versions of the bible translates Sheol or hades as GRAVE . KJV inclusive , so which means the richman lifted up his eyes in the grave hehehehe. only a fool will believe this really happened .

moreover in that Mark 9:44 u earlier affirm , some verses of that chapter mentioned the founder of the Christian religion , Jesus saying eyes , hands go to hell . to finalise it he said at Mark 10 vs 28 that Body go to hell too, DO YOU BELIEVE THIS ? and how many bodies have have u seen disappeared from mortuary to hell in recognition of Matthew 10:28 ? or is Jesus lying here ?

many of you can't answer this things .

am surprised at Revelation 20 vs 10 , wow solite3 pls in simple English what is everlasting life . will the devil also have it ? define it first and let's see if the devil burning in a fire for everlasting doesn't prove the guy have everlasting life
eternal life is living with God forever
Whether you call it hell or grave it does change the fact that the richman was in torment.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by achorladey: 2:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
To comprehend God’s Word, then, we must read and study it with a sincere heart and an open mind. Is this not evidence of Jehovah’s great wisdom? Clever humans can write books that only “wise and intellectual ones” can grasp. But to author a book that can be understood only by those having the right heart motivation—that takes the wisdom of God!—Matthew 11:25. So, how many have that right heart motivation? That is where the problems lies.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by honourhim: 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
solite3:

The torments never ends!

I agree with you my dear brother. Those who want to believe the OP can go ahead. By the grace of God i will make heaven so whether the lake of fire will burn forever or not does not bother me.

3 Likes

Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
[quote author=Wilgrea7 post=50612727]

concerning this your fire quenched worm dieth... i have adressed this issue in Isaiah 66:24 which says the same thing but points out that they'll[b] be carcasses(dead)[/b] and they will waste away
if the worms cannot die and the fire cannot be quenched what does that tell you

concerning Daniel verse... see below

John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
i hope you know what you are quoting
Let me add other verses

Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Matthew 18:8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

How long is everlasting punishment

Note the use of ' day and night'
Which means the punishment does not stop

Also note the use of forever and ever which litrarily means forever and beyond telling you their punishment continues for eternity

When did everlasting punishmemt become anhilation.

Next time before you post what you dont know,do a proper research

again... the rich man and Lazarus is a PARABLE and i can prove it.. if you want to know then just say so... also.. do well to explain all these verses below in the light of everlasting torment
I am waiting pls prove the story of the richman and lazarus is a parable.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by achorladey: 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2016
14 But if you have bitter jealousy and contentiousness in your hearts, do not be bragging and lying against the truth. 15 This is not the wisdom that comes down from above; it is earthly, animalistic, demonic. 16 For wherever there are jealousy and contentiousness, there will also be disorder and every vile thing. Take a look at your denominations and doctrines if it carries all these traits. James 3:14,15.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Wilgrea7(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=50628621][/quote]

grin grin

if the worms cannot die and the fire cannot be quenched it only tells me that the fire cannot be put out.. and also talks about the immortality of the worms that will eat the person until he/she is nothing and not the immortality of the person being destroyed... does that answer your question?? rather, tell me where it is written that the people will burn and the fire will not consume them..
your worms not dying is clearly proven by Isaiah when he said the carcasses will be burnt and their worms will not die.. carcass means something dead, without life.. it also means the body of a SLAIN animal

Isaiah 66:16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. 66:17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

as you can see... the slain of the lord that was the carcass Isaiah was referring to
.. before u start quoting out of context.. also the second verse shows they will be CONSUMED together... so your carcass burning logic has failed there

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Hebrews 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

all these verses above talk of eternal judgement eternal redemption.. you won't agree that the judgment continues for all eternity or that the redemption continues for all eternity... but u imply that the punishment goes on for eternity.. its called punishment not punishing.

as you can see , eternal/ everlasting punishment/judgement/redemption is the one in which its results are eternal... when you are judged, the result of the judgement is eternal/everlasting.. so also the punishment.. so please stop twisting d scriptures

so please stop deceiving yourself that the punishing will go on for eternity

also.. concerning your forever and ever... i dunno why u choose to ignore facts staring at you in the face... i showed u that for ever and ever has been used 56 times in relation to things that has already ended... you didn't agree... i showed u the case of jonah as proof... u didn't agree

Jonah 2:6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.

i showed u the case of edom which uses the exact same structure and yet in later verses it was shown that edom was a wasteland for vultures.. yet you didn't agree... I've given you all evidence right in the face that even a normal unbiased person reading them will see the truth in what I'm saying.. yet you disagree... I've told you twice to explain the anhilation verses in the picture i sent in the light of eternal torment .. yet u disagree.. why?

"For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and
the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch ." Malachi 4:1.

concerning the rich man and lazarus... i will post it very soon
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Wilgrea7(m): 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
Let me give you a technical definition of a parable followed by a more simple definition: (1) "Parable: [Greek, para bole’= BESIDE CAST]--A statement ‘cast beside’ or parallel to its real spiritual significance, a figure of likeness in action." GREEK-ENGLISH KEYWORD CONCORDANCE p. 216. (2) "A short and simple tale based on familiar things meant to convey a much deeper and profound moral or spiritual truth,"
WEBSTER’S DICTIONARY. In Old English it was called a "near-story."
Jesus spoke in parables throughout His whole ministry. In Matthew chapter 13 we are given seven different parables. No parable is literal or historical. The second we make a parable literal, it ceases to be a parable. Jesus spoke ONLY in parables (not true life or historical stories) among the masses of people who followed Him wherever He went.
I am going to some length to demonstrate the absolute absurdity of teaching this parable of Lazarus or any other parable as a literal and historical event.
PARABLES MAY MENTION IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS
Is Luke 16:19-31 a "parable?" Many in orthodoxy say that it absolutely is not a parable because a person is mentioned by name and identified as a specific and particular person. The mention of an identifiable person is not, however, the test of a parable. Besides other parables do mention identifiable persons, but they are still parables:
Mark 4:15
Mentions Satan
Matt. 13:37
Mentions The Son of man
Matt. 13:39
Mentions The devil
Matt. 15:13
Mentions God the Father
II Sam. 12:7
Is said to be King David
Ezek. 23:1-4
Mentions Aholah and Aholibah
Luke 4:23
Jesus applies ‘Physician’ to HIMSELF
JESUS SPEAKS TO THE MASSES IN PARABLES ONLY
Jesus spoke to the Pharisees and multitudes in parables:
"And He begins to speak to them in parables." (Mk.. 12:1).
Jesus spoke to the multitudes in parables ONLY:
"All these things Jesus speaks in parables to the throngs, and apart from a parable He spoke nothing to them..." (Mat. 13:34).
Jesus spoke in parables so that his listeners would not understand Him:
"Wherefore art Thou speaking in parables to them? ... To you has it been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of the heavens, yet to those it has NOT been given." (Matt.. 13:10-11).
Not even the apostles understood these parables (Lk, 16:14)! Jesus had to explain their meaning to them in private (Mat. 13:18, 36), (Mat. 15:15), etc.
The fact that Jesus spoke to the masses in parables only, ought to be sufficient Scriptural evidence to anyone that Lazarus and the Rich man is indeed a parable. There are, however, many many more proofs.

Those who understand the story literally tend to argue two main points: that life continues immediately after death, either in heaven or hell, before the return of Jesus Christ; and that hell is a place of eternal torment. Those who consider the story as a parable tend to look for the spiritual meaning rather than the literal one. Why is there such confusion?
The story follows a long line of parables told by Jesus in the book of Luke. In chapter 14, we find the parable regarding prominent places at the dinner table, the parable of the great banquet, and several parables about the cost of following Christ. In chapter 15, we find the parable of the lost sheep, the parable of the lost coin, and the parable of the prodigal son. Chapter 16 includes the parable of the shrewd manager and then shares the story of the rich man and Lazarus. The story’s position relative to the other parables implies, contextually, that it is also a parable. However, the others are specifically mentioned as parables whereas the story of the rich man and Lazarus is not. This change in the Bible’s language, despite its context with the other parables, causes some to believe that the story is to be understood literally.
Can we determine which is the correct interpretation? Let us first identify the things that must be true, according to the story, if it is literal:
The righteous dead go to live in Abraham’s bosom
The wicked dead are able to speak despite their torment
Those in hell can speak to those in heaven, and vice-versa
The dead in heaven and hell both have bodies
A drop of water is expected to relieve the torments of hell
Abraham, though faithful, was just a man like any other. In order for all the righteous dead to go to live in his bosom, he would have to be quite large. The “fixed gulf” between heaven and hell is apparently not so fixed to prevent communication between them, according to this story. And the flames of hell are said to be so weak that those in hell can carry on normal conversation and expect only a drop of water to soothe them! That is hardly a picture of torment. Finally, the Bible says plainly that the righteous dead will receive new bodies at Christ’s return (1 Corinthians 15:51 , 52 ), and the risen wicked a thousand years later (Revelation 20:5 ), so this story contradicts the plain words of the Bible by giving new bodies before the second coming. In light of all this, it seems clear that the story cannot be literal and must be a parable.
Why would Jesus not plainly state that the story is a parable? First, let’s identify the audience. According to verse 14, Christ is speaking to the Pharisees. The Pharisees believed and taught many things that were not according to the Scriptures. Among them was that the Jews, upon their death, would go to Abraham’s bosom to live in paradise. This version of the belief in an immortal soul had its roots in the kingdom of Babylon, not in the Scriptures, and was not universally accepted by the Jewish people. (The Sadducees, another leading religious group, disbelieved in any resurrection at all.) Therefore, because Christ was speaking specifically to the Pharisees, He used their own language to emphasize His point.
The Pharisees also viewed earthly wealth as a sign of God’s favor. Thus, when Christ told the story about the rich man going to hell while the beggar found comfort in heaven, He was directly attacking this idea. In combination with the language of Abraham’s bosom, the Pharisees knew exactly what Christ meant: that the Pharisees were incorrect in their traditions, understandings, and teachings.
Christ repeatedly drew His listeners’ attention back to the Old Testament Scriptures (John 5:39 , Matthew 22:29 , Luke 24:27 ). Therefore, we should look at the abundance of Scriptural evidence that supports the sleep of death while awaiting the resurrection to draw our conclusions about death, rather than a single story that is illogical unless understood as a parable. Additionally, Christ Himself taught that the dead sleep in their graves until they hear His voice (John 5:25 ).
It is clear, then, that the parable of the rich man and Lazarus does not support the idea of immediate life in heaven or hell after death.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Wilgrea7(m): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
The question which has to be settle in the mind of every believer is this: Did the Lord Jesus use figurative language when He described the condition of the Rich Man and Lazarus after they died, or did He speak the literal truth? When He said that Lazarus was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom, was He speaking literally or figuratively?
There are at least seven strong reasons for believing that what our Lord said about the state of the Rich Man and Lazarus after their deaths was meant to be taken figuratively and not literally.
( 1 ). That the Rich Man and Lazarus actually lived on earth need not be questioned. However it should be remembered that the Lord Jesus distinctly states that they both died. Once this simple fact is recognized it becomes impossible to believe that they could be both physically dead and physically alive at the same time. Yet even while they are dead they are represented as being alive in bodies. The tongue and eyes of the Rich Man and the tip of the finger of Lazarus are mentioned.
The fact that the Lord distinctly states that both the Rich Man and Lazarus died, then immediately represents them as being physically alive, proves that what He says concerning them in Hades is meant to be taken figuratively and not literally.
( 2 ). In Luke 16 the Lord Jesus represents Abraham as being alive in Hades. In Luke 20:27-40 the Lord makes it plain to the Sadducees, who did not believe in resurrection, that Abraham is dead, and that God is not the God of the dead. He makes it clear that before God can again be the God of Abraham, he must raise Abraham from the dead. The fact that Abraham is actually dead awaiting resurrection proves that the Lord’s reference to him as being alive prior to resurrection is meant to be taken figuratively and not literally.
( 3 ). From Genesis to Revelation the Scriptures teach that the dead are asleep until resurrection. Those who limit this sleep to the body do so in direct contradiction to the statements of Scriptures which make it clear that the sleep of death is of the person, not just of the body. In Luke 16 the Rich Man and Lazarus are represented as being awake in bodies immediately after it is made clear that they have died. The fact that the dead are asleep until resurrection proves that when the Lord refers to the Rich Man and Lazarus as being awake prior to resurrection, He is speaking figuratively and not literally.
( 4 ). In the account of the Rich Man and Lazarus the Lord upholds the authority and the reliability of the writings of Moses and the Prophets. In these writings it is made clear that the dead are dead and that they must be resurrected before they can life again. Moses and the Prophets teach that death is said to be of the person, not just of the body. Many times in the Old Testament the expression occurs “he died” or “she died” or “they died.” Often the name of a person is given followed by the statement that he died. For example, Abraham died, Isaac died, Joseph died, David died (Gen.25:8; 35:29; 50:26; Acts 2:29).
If the words of the Lord Jesus concerning the condition of the Rich Man and Lazarus in Hades are taken literally, everything that was revealed to Moses and the Prophets concerning the state of the dead must be discarded as unreliable. To do so is to deny the Divine inspiration of the Scriptures. If the words of the Lord concerning the state of the Rich Man and Lazarus in Hades are taken figuratively, then there is harmony and agreement throughout the Scriptures on this important subject.
( 5 ). To make the words of the Lord Jesus concerning the Rich Man and Lazarus in Hades literal is to make Him contradict all that God had previously revealed about the state of the dead in Sheol or Hades.
Sheol of the Old Testament and Hades of the New Testament are identical in meaning. This is proven by the fact that when an Old Testament passage which speaks of Sheol is quoted in the New Testament, the Greek word Hades is used to represent the Hebrew word Sheol. This may be verified by comparing the Revised Version of Acts 2:25-28 with Psalm 16:8-11.
Concerning Sheol and death the Scriptures declare: “For Sheol cannot praise Thee, death cannot celebrate Thee. They that go down into the pit cannot hope for Thy truth” (Isa.38:18).
By inspiration of God the Prophet David wrote: “For in death there is no remembrance of Thee: In Sheol who shall give Thee thanks?” (Psa.6:5).
In the upright words of truth we are told: “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in Sheol, whither thou goest” (Ecclesiastes 9:10; 12:10).
In addition to all this the dead are said to be SILENT in Sheol. "Let the wicked . . . be silent in Sheol" (Psa. 31:17 R.V.). "The dead praise not Jehovah, neither any that go down into silence" (Psa.115:17 R.V.). In Luke 16 Abraham and the Rich Man are represented as carrying on a conversation loud enough to be heard though they were separated by a great distance.
The literal truth concerning Sheol having been clearly made known, it was perfectly proper for the Lord to refer to Sheol of Hades in a figurative manner. This He did beyond a shadow of doubt.
Elsewhere our Lord Himself taught that the dead do not live until resurrection (Rev.20:4-6). The Rich man of Luke 16 is included among those of whom the risen Son of God declares “the rest of the dead do not live until the thousand years should be finished.” Then in order that they may be judged they are raised from the dead (Rev.20:11-15).
( 6 ). In Luke 16, after making it clear that the Rich Man and Lazarus have both died, the Lord immediately represents them as being alive and possessing bodies. To take this literally is to deny the need for resurrection.
The teaching of the New Testament does not differ from the teaching of the Old Testament concerning the state of the dead and the absolute necessity for resurrection. Long after His own resurrection the Lord made it clear, through the Apostle Paul, that apart from resurrection there can be no life after death for anyone. In 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 the resurrection of Christ and the resurrection of the dead are inseparably tied together. If Christ has not been raised the rest of the dead will not be raised, and if there is no resurrection “then they also that are fallen asleep in Christ have perished.”
( 7 ). The last reason we want to call attention to for believing that what our Lord says concerning the Rich Man and Lazarus in Hades is figurative is found in Matthew 13:34. “All these things spoke Jesus in parables unto the multitudes; and without a parable spoke He nothing unto them.” If our Lord did not speak to the multitudes except in parables, then surely His words concerning the Rich Man and Lazarus in Hades must be figurative.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
Wilgrea7:

grin grin

if the worms cannot die and the fire cannot be quenched it only tells me that the fire cannot be put out.. and also talks about the immortality of the worms that will eat the person [b]until he/she is nothing [/b]and not the immortality of the person being destroyed... does that answer your question?? rather, tell me where it is written that the people will burn and the fire will not consume them..
your worms not dying is clearly proven by Isaiah when he said the carcasses will be burnt and their worms will not die.. carcass means something dead, without life.. it also means the body of a SLAIN animal

Isaiah 66:16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many. 66:17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

as you can see... the slain of the lord that was the carcass Isaiah was referring to
.. before u start quoting out of context.. also the second verse shows they will be CONSUMED together... so your carcass burning logic has failed there

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Hebrews 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

all these verses above talk of eternal judgement eternal redemption.. you won't agree that the judgment continues for all eternity or that the redemption continues for all eternity... but u imply that the punishment goes on for eternity.. its called punishment not punishing.

as you can see , eternal/ everlasting punishment/judgement/redemption is the one in which its results are eternal... when you are judged, the result of the judgement is eternal/everlasting.. so also the punishment.. so please stop twisting d scriptures

so please stop deceiving yourself that the punishing will go on for eternity

also.. concerning your forever and ever... i dunno why u choose to ignore facts staring at you in the face... i showed u that for ever and ever has been used 56 times in relation to things that has already ended... you didn't agree... i showed u the case of jonah as proof... u didn't agree

Jonah 2:6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.

i showed u the case of edom which uses the exact same structure and yet in later verses it was shown that edom was a wasteland for vultures.. yet you didn't agree... I've given you all evidence right in the face that even a normal unbiased person reading them will see the truth in what I'm saying.. yet you disagree... I've told you twice to explain the anhilation verses in the picture i sent in the light of eternal torment .. yet u disagree.. why?

"For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and
the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch ." Malachi 4:1.

concerning the rich man and lazarus... i will post it very soon
i av addressed these issues.
@bold those are you words not what the bible says.

Look at what the bible says,

Revelation 14:11 And the [b]smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, [/b]who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

1 Like

Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Wilgrea7(m): 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
solite3:

Revelation 14:11 And the [b]smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, [/b]who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

you seem to be running out of points... you're just repeating the same thing all over again... lemme post the edom stuff for u again

Wilgrea7:

In the case of Revelation 14:9-11, this passage is solely referring to those who have chosen to worship the beast and receive his mark during the 7-year tribulation period. This is apparently a heinous sin to God and therefore these people will be punished very severely.

The second reason we can’t take Revelation 14:9-11 as a reference to never-ending conscious torment is because this passage has a “sister text” which uses the very same terminology where the meaning can’t possibly be mistaken. This sister text is from the Old Testament and is therefore the foundation upon which Revelation 14:9-11 rests. Let’s go ahead and observe this passage:

Isaiah 34:9 And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch. 34:10 It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.

Observe how Isaiah 34:9-10 and Revelation 14:10-11 use the same terminology:

her dust [will be turned] into burning sulfur
He will be tormented with burning sulfur

its smoke will rise forever
 the smoke of their torment rises forever

It will not be quenched night and day
There is no rest day or night

Reading this passage we get the strong impression that the kingdom of Edom will burn forever and ever without end but the entire rest of the chapter renders this interpretation impossible. The rest of the chapter shows that Edom will become a desolate desert inhabited by owls, jackals and hyenas. Verses 5 & 6 state that the people of Edom will be “totally destroyed” and slaughtered, and Obadiah 10 & 18 back this up, stating that Edom will “be destroyed forever” — consumed by the fire of God’s judgment and wrath

Isaiah 34:11 But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion, and the stones of emptiness. 34:12 They shall call the nobles thereof to the kingdom, but NONE SHALL BE THERE, and all her princes shall be nothing. 34:13 And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls.

as you can see above edom was turned into a wasteland..... none shall be there... also like revelation

concerning the worms u said u adressed, the bible never also said that the people will not be consumed... actually... it said they will be consumed

Isaiah 66:17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be CONSUMED together, saith the LORD.

so saying that they won't be consumed is quoting the scripture out of context.. I've proven it to you with biblical evidence...

you can't burn your child for even up to a year and you expect God to burn someone for all eternity? where is the justice in that?.. try to logically justify it since u can't biblically.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
It became RCC as it is known today. Who said it started with the great schism? The bishop of Rome was considered the first-among-equals but part of the reasons why they separated was because the successor wanted supreme headship over other bishops, something even Peter didn't do, and it was considered a move of the anti-Christ and they argued that all apostles were equal although the Catholic popes use 'Peter feed my sheep' as reason for headship. The RCC pope believed, or the orthodox perceived as such, that Successors were incarnate of St Peter...it was many centuries later, even after the reformation, that the RCC made it 'worse' by including papal infallibility to their creed. They also believe the Pope is the head of the Church, although no Catholic or even the pope would disagree that Christ is the head of the Church but it's in their creed.
East separated from west or west from east depends on who you are listening to. Did my post read like the RCC is entirely different from the Orthodox? They both confess the Nicene Creed (which the first gen protestants also confessed) but later added the filioque controversy. The East and West are separated by a few things in contrast to the protestants because they take doctrinal precision seriously, a missing letter can cause a schism.
They venerate the saints, and Mary although in contrasting manners. No statues, just icons. The East don't believe in purgatory and immaculate conception of Mary, which they believe were later additions incompatible with scripture. They consider RCC + protestants all as protestants if they want to be rude and Martin Luther was the child of their many 'heresies'
raphieMontella:
Morning sire...

bros i dont understand this your *wayo* style....
By catholic,i mean the practices/rituals of the early church inline with today...
Also..the rcc was not created in 1054...thats pure bullshvt...(forgive the words)
Its like saying if biafra separates from nigeria today...then nigeria started existing today...
The bishop/church of rome was the authority of the churches in early christianity to a great extent and its ''popes'' are apostolic successions of peter up till todays Rcc..it was because of papal supremacy and some theological beliefs of the church then..that made the
The east separate from the west and not the other way round
They only took up Rcc for better indenntification as the eastern orthodox still called themselves catholic at that time before they changed it to orthodox...

see ehn..i can give you bishops of the church of rome and alexandria and their beliefs...and see if its not in rhythm with the rcc..like the veneration/worship/honour of mary
Better still..
Read up second century apologist;Justin Matyr's description of the sunday mass..
When the apostles creed and nicence creed was made...
What the Council of ephesus in 431 was about..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by honourhim: 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
solite3:

God bless you for saying the truth
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by achorladey: 10:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
I feel this issue had been over flogged in an earlier thread. The question left on that thread begging for answers is.... What goes into the eternal fire meant for torment, the body the spirit or the soul? Those on that thread are still here with blind argument. Please provide answers.
Re: The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) by Wilgrea7(m): 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
achorladey:
I feel this issue had been over flogged in an earlier thread. The question left on that thread begging for answers is.... What goes into the eternal fire meant for torment, the body the spirit or the soul? Those on that thread are still here with blind argument. Please provide answers.

nothing goes into eternal torment.. on the last day, the wicked that will be destroyed will be resurrected tho... they will be destroyed both body and soul in hell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Sunday Service And Sunday Mass? / Summerise The Bible In One Sentence / Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 223
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.