Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,003 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! (1124 Views)

Biafra Officially Participates In Boxing In Thailand Beats An Iranian To Stupor / Journalist Beaten To Stupor Inside Ebonyi Govt House’ Over Facebook Post (pics) / The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by FirstNg1: 11:32am On Oct 29, 2016
We have become lost and also lost our culture, systems, religions, values, etc because we have completely surrendered to our captives - the colonialists and their brothers!
We are now enjoying our captivity so much that we now compete to outdo each other in imitating our captors by constantly consciously or unconsciously trying to take each other captive, subjugate and exploite each other  - through all kinds of ingenious means!
In addition, it seems that our most treasured and flouted possessions and achievements are those derived from, through or associated with those of our captives and their countries - be it  education, religion, systems government, businesses, dressing, music, inventions, food, lifestyle, etc! Even accents!
Everything that is core African or black seems unattractive, unsophisticated, evil or they have to be westernised before it can be acceptable to the so called 'educated' and 'elitist' among us!
I actually know a number of English people who don't even speak or understand English language as much as many Nigerians!    

Does anyone know of any other major race in the history of mankind who seem so vanquished by their captors that they now willingly transfer their all - including their money/wealth to their captors; leaving their own countries and peoples in retrogression, as killing fields, perpetual beggars, loan seekers for recurrent expenditure and aid recipients?                                                                                                                     Other major races such as the Asians and Arabs have refused to be totally vanquished. Even a minor race (in terms of numbers) like the Jews have refused to be vanquished - in spite of all the challenges/persecutions that they have been through throughout recorded history! They have mostly retained their languages, religions, cultures and other identity and now have significant achievements and history to their credit, for the world to see and share.                                                                                                                                

Why not the black race?                   
Why is it still easier for a black person to excel or have a better standard of living outside the black environment - which is why many young people still leave or desire to leave?                              

Once a people loses their identity, they invariably start to imitate and try 'belong' to their captors and the more dominant cultures. Eventually they realise that they are neither accepted as equals nor respected by those they imitate, then they start sabotaging and destroying each other!
Prof Wole Soyinka once spoke of the 'wasted generation'. The big question is, For How Long Will Our Generations And Resources Continue To Be Wasted As They Have Been So Far?!                               

The truth is that any race, nationality, tribe or even family who falls to improve, protect, support and preserve her members will be divided, taken captive and serve the more discerning, more enlightened, better prepared and organized ones!       

The power of predators and captors is the ignorance, lack of enlightenment, naivety, division, domination/subjugation of one part by another and greed among their preys and captives. As long as these are present among captives, they will NEVER  be free!                                                    

So, is it still possible for us to find our way back 'home'/to base and or move forward; and make significant impact in the modern world - especially in science and technology - as a race?                                     
How?                                             
Who will lead us?

I don't believe that we need any 'Holy Messiah' per se. What we need are simply systems and institutions which actually work, and work for the benefit and progress of the generality of the people, a level playing field for all, equal opportunities for all and self determination for each nationality or tribe, within a coalition
of tribes and nationalities, who are voluntarily cohabiting on the basis of mutual respect and cooperation, because it is mutually beneficial; not coerced or forced - all within the rule of law!

How long will the same people who have been in power virtually from independence or from 1966 - in one capacity or the other - continue to pontificate and claim to have the solutions when they have been an active, major and integral part of the problems since then?! 
We see the results of their geniuses all around us - failure of successful governments - manifested in poor everything! - side by side with their own privileged and pampered lives, their wealth and the wealth and privilege of their entitled, delusional descendants and cronies!!!  
Many of them have not even mentally or consciously entered this 21st century!!!
Do they even know world history and how different peoples, tribes, nationalities and countries have become captors, captives and or gained freedom throughout world history?

The present political leaderships do not even seem to understand the ROOT, the KOKO, of our problems!
All the galvanising all over the world will not help us much.
No captor will ever help his useful captive to acquire enough power and wealth to emancipate himself and then begin to rub shoulders with his captor and challenging him - like modern China is currently doing and the USA have been doing to their British masters for centuries! From apartheid in South Africa to the economic emancipation of China, a captive must strategies, work and sacrifice to free himself!

Just like China, the captive must get a strategy, enough knowledge, enlightenment and optimal use her resources; and look inwards in order to emancipate herself!
China did not go galvanising around the world expecting and asking for help. Like India, China closed her doors/boarders and quietly, cleverly, strategically worked out her own salvation - before unveiling the regenerated China to the world!
Today, they have lifted more than 100 million of their own  people out of poverty in only the last 20 years; and are now a world power!

Similarly, Germany and Japan were devastated wastelands after the second world war. They didn't go around the world expecting and begging for help because they each had the wisdom to know that nobody will give them a great country on a platter. They have to do it by themselves - and they did! Today they are also world powers.

The USA was devastated after the Stock Market crash of 1932 or thereabouts, which led to the great depression. They did not go round the world begging for help. They strategised, organised and worked themselves into prosperity, with opportunities for all; and have become the most dominant country in the world till today.        

The Asian Tigers - South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc, also each worked out their own salvation and have gained the respect and admiration of the world.

As for all these loans that our leaders are looking/begging for all over the world, some of them seems to think that lenders are Father Christmases who are actually working for our country's progress/good!
A lender is your superior and will always do everything to remain so - including sabotaging your progress!
A lender plans to be the greater beneficiary of the loan, not you!
Unless you are a country such as the USA, Britain, etc, who are already known for other significant strengths such as superior technology, war capabilities, great  wealth generating capacity, worldwide goodwill, strong allies, etc; your lender is more likely to take you captive - for a long, long, LLLOOOOOONNNGGG time!

We have had governments/civilian politicians/military politicians and religious leaders, especially Pentecostal leaders, making great promises of peace and progress since independence but all we have presently is retrogression with little hope of turning it around!
Successive governments, comprised of the highly and mostly Western educated, even talk about 'transfer of technology'. How ridiculous!
An individual or set of individuals or country will apply their brains and other resources to develop technology in order to get wealth, relevance and or captives. They will then transfer the same technology to you, their targeted victim - just because you say so!!!  Lord have mercy!!!

There is at least one Television set in most homes in Nigeria as has been for decades, yet I don't know of any company that even assembles it in Nigeria, but South Korea has somehow managed to flood the world with it as with their other homegrown electronics, etc.
Maybe we should simply order South Korea to transfer their technology to us!!!

What stops a prosperity preaching Church or a school, or any other group from organising a team with the right skills, simply dismantling a Television set and making a local version that is similar or even better in standard?
That's what the rest of the progressive and conscious world have been doing for centuries; and still do everyday - including even espionage!  

CAN WE WAKE UP NOW!!!
PLEASE!!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by TruthisGOD: 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2016
Epic and nice write! Unfortunately people in this part of the world don't have interest in such article, or even deliberate on its contents. Post something like: "DSS arrests corrupt judge with millions of dollar". You'll see their interest. Very unfortunate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by oglalasioux(m): 2:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
Nice write up. Nice ideology. Nice aspirations.

Unfortunately there's nothing special about the Blackman. The Whiteman's culture and tradition gave him power to control the world. The Blackman's culture and tradition stagnated him for millennia before the Whiteman came to the rescue.

Agreed that the Whiteman used brutality to emancipate us from the shackles of darkness, but believe me; had the Whiteman not come to black Africa, only malaria would have wiped us off the face of the earth.

Everything the black African has is what he uses against his fellow human being; no growth and development.

OP, show me one aspect of the black African's culture and tradition that has impacted on the world positively?

I'll never allow sentiment determine my view of the present system of things.

1 Like

Re: Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by FirstNg1: 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2016
oglalasioux:

Unfortunately there's nothing special about the Blackman. The Whiteman's culture and tradition gave him power to control the world. The Blackman's culture and tradition stagnated him for millennia before the Whiteman came to the rescue.

Agreed that the Whiteman used brutality to emancipate us from the shackles of darkness, but believe me; had the Whiteman not come to black Africa, only malaria would have wiped us off the face of the earth.

Everything the black African has is what he uses against his fellow human being; no growth and development.

OP, show me one aspect of the black African's culture and tradition that has impacted on the world positively?

I'll never allow sentiment determine my view of the present system of things.

Thank you for your contribution.
You are right to a large extent but the fact remains that South Korea, Malaysia and some other countries in Asia found their way out of domination and retrogression.
Even neighbouring Ghana; and Rwanda, both here in Black Africa are on their way.

We must begin to change the narrative here in Nigeria - especially for young people!
Many young people, thirty and below, especially in urban areas have no root in our cultures but are rooted in projected foreign cultures!

If we don't succeed in changing our narrative soon, in 20 to 30 years from now, the older people will be all gone and the young people will be totally lost!

Let's try and find our way forward - out of retrogression and mental slavery.
The big question is how?
If we focus attention on it long enough and keep searching in a positive way, I'm sure we will eventually find the answers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by FirstNg1: 5:44pm On Oct 29, 2016
TruthisGOD:
Epic and nice write! Unfortunately people in this part of the world don't have interest in such article, or even deliberate on its contents. Post something like: "DSS arrests corrupt judge with millions of dollar". You'll see their interest. Very unfortunate

Thank you for appreciating my post.

Like you said, most people have no interest in such articles; but you have the intellectual and political capacity to appreciate it.
Even in the advanced countries, only 10% of them or less, have the demonstrated mental, political and other capacity for positive discuss, ideas, advancement, inventions, etc. They are able to move their countries forward because they have a conducive enviroment.

Nevertheless, we cannot, must not give up!
Let those who have the capacity do the best they can, where they are - remembering to stay safe, because we are in an enviroment which destroys its best, and promotes mediocrity,lies and manipulations.

1 Like

Re: Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 29, 2016
musicwriter
Re: Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by Rossikk(m): 11:22pm On Oct 29, 2016
oglalasioux:

I'LL SHOW YOU.

AFRICA - CRADLE OF CIVILIZATION

The Great Sphinx, Egypt (Est. 4,000 BC)

"...Though its proportions are colossal, the outline is pure and graceful; the expression of the head is mild, gracious, and tranquil; the character is African, but the mouth, and lips of which are thick, has a softness and delicacy of execution truly admirable; it seems real life and flesh. Art must have been at a high pitch when this monument was executed..."

- Vivant Denon, French Scholar, Historian, Universal Magazine, 1803

Constantine de Volney

In 1787, Count Constantine de Volney -- a French nobleman, philosopher, historian, orientalist, and politician -- embarked on a journey to the East in late 1782 and reached Ottoman Egypt were he spent nearly seven months.

Constantine de Volney was troubled much by the institution of slavery. His expressed opinion that the ancient Egyptians were black Africans much departed from the typical European view of the late eighteenth century, but it gave many people cause for reflection. During his visit to Egypt he expressed amazement that the Egyptians – whose civilization was greatly admired in Europe – were not White!

"All the Egyptians," wrote de Volney, "have a bloated face, puffed-up eyes, flat nose, thick lips – in a word, the true face of the mulatto. I was tempted to attribute it to the climate, but when I visited the Sphinx, its appearance gave me the key to the riddle. On seeing that head, typically Negro in all its features, I remembered the remarkable passage where Herodotus [450 BC] says:

' As for me, I judge the Colchians to be a colony of the Egyptians
because, like them, they are black with woolly hair...

"When I visited the Sphinx, I could not help thinking that the figure of that monster furnished the true solution to the enigma (of how the modern Egyptians came to have their 'mulatto' appearance)

"In other words, the ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same type as all native-born Africans. That being so, we can see how their blood, mixed for several centuries with that of the Greeks and Romans, must have lost the intensity of its original color, while retaining nonetheless the imprint of its original mold.

"Just think," de Volney declared incredulously, "that this race of Black men, today our slave and the object of our scorn, is the very race to which we owe our arts, sciences, and even the use of speech! Just imagine, finally, that it is in the midst of people who call themselves the greatest friends of liberty and humanity that one has approved the most barbarous slavery, and questioned whether Black men have the same kind of intelligence as whites!

"In other words the ancient Egyptians were true Negroes of the same stock as all the autochthonous peoples of Africa and from the datum one sees how their race, after some centuries of mixing with the blood of Romans and Greeks, must have lost the full blackness of its original color but retained the impress of its original mould."

- M. Constantine de Volney, Travels through Syria and Egypt in the Years 1783, 1784, and 1785 (London: 1787), p. 80-83.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by Rossikk(m): 11:41pm On Oct 29, 2016
BEFORE THERE WAS A LONDON, BEFORE THERE WAS A PARIS, BEFORE THERE WAS A NEW YORK, BEFORE THERE WAS A MOSCOW, OR BEIJING, OR TOKYO, THERE WAS..... THEBES.

THEBES (NOWE)

CITY OF A HUNDRED GATES

Thebes is the Greek name for a city in Ancient Egypt, natively known as NOWE, located about 800 km south of the Mediterranean, on the east bank of the river Nile within the modern city of Luxor. The Theban Necropolis is situated nearby on the west bank of the Nile.

As the seat of the Theban Triad of Amun, Mut, and Khonsu, Thebes was known in the Egyptian language from the end of the New Kingdom as niwt-imn, "The City of Amun."

Thebes was inhabited from around 3200 BC. ...According to George Modelski, Thebes had about 40,000 inhabitants in 2000 BC (compared to 60,000 in Mamfe (Greek ''Memphis''), the largest city of the world at the time). By 1800 BC, the population of Mamfe was down to about 30,000, making Thebes the largest city in Egypt at the time. By the Amarna period (14th century BC), Thebes may have grown to be the largest city in the world, with a population of about 80,000, a position which it held until about 1000 BC, when it was again surpassed by Mamfe (among others).

With the 19th Dynasty the seat of government moved to the Delta. The archaeological remains of Thebes offer a striking testimony to Egyptian civilization at its height. The Greek poet Homer extolled the wealth of Thebes in the[i] Iliad, Book 9 (c. 8th Century BC):[/i] "... in Egyptian Thebes the heaps of precious ingots gleam, the hundred-gated Thebes."

Thebes

[img]http://mathildasanthropologyblog.files./2008/11/nubians-offering.jpg[/img]

The City Of A Hundred Gates

[b]''References have been made to Thebes, and they may have seemed to be almost passing references. Yet Thebes was the most important single city in the entire history of the black people. This whole series of lectures could be properly based on Thebes. The history of Black Africa might well begin at Thebes. For this was truly the "Eternal City of the Blacks" that presented the most compelling evidence that they were the builders of the earliest civilization in Kem, later called Egypt, as well as the great civilization in the South [Nubia]. [size=14pt]The foundation of Thebes, like the black state of which it was the center, goes back so far in prehistory that not even a general stone age period can be suggested.[/size]

...let us never forget the central fact about Thebes, not even for a moment. For if the Blacks had never left a single written record of their past greatness, that record would still stand, defying time, in the deathless stones of Thebes, of her fallen columns from temples, monuments, and her pyramids; a city more eternal than Rome because its foundation was laid before the dawn of history, and its plan was that copied by other cities of the world . If the Blacks of today want to measure the distance to the heights from which they have fallen, they need go no farther than Nowe (Thebes)[/b]

- Dr Chancellor Williams, 'The Destruction of Black Civilization: Great Issues of a Race from 4500BC to 2000AD'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by tunde1200(m): 2:43am On Oct 30, 2016
Weldon op, I felt hurts working with an expatriates here. And they are employed by black man like me. We do the same work and he was paid huge amounts,despite being put through the whole work by me.
Re: Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by Rossikk(m): 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
tunde1200:
Weldon op, I felt hurts working with an expatriates here. And they are employed by black man like me. We do the same work and he was paid huge amounts,despite being put through the whole work by me.

Hope you find other options to your employer's idiocy.
Re: Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by sonofluc1fer: 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Re: Can The Black Race Still Be Awakened From Their Stupor And Delusions???!!! by FirstNg1: 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
Dear Rossikk,

What can I say? Your responses are simply GBAM, CLASSIC, and more!
They warm my heart, thanks.

Our leaders and peoples - especially the younger people - need to be constantly reminded that the history of EGYPT is similarly replicated in NIGERIA'S ancient BINI EMPIRE, the ZULU EMPIRE OF SOUTH AFRICA, etc.

That Black people were once ahead of many, if not most of the other major races of the world; and also be constantly educated that there is a real 'WAR OF THE RACES' going on, which has been going on for centuries - and which we only lose at our own current and future peril!

That we MUST, as a matter of survival and dignity, STOP swallowing every Western propaganda about us, accepting Western ways, cultures and everything Western as superior - thus weakening ourselves further; while promoting their economies and further domination!

BRAVO

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Godwin Obaseki Inauguration As The New Governor Of Edo State (PICS) / Fayose Spent N56m For Christmas Decoration / Breaking: INEC Presents Certificate Of Return To Senator Bassey Etim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.