Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,292 members, 7,860,701 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (988566 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 3:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
CBN mandated the sale so they just must sell PTA to customers or be removed from the list of banks allowed to sell.
titileps:
I think it's the branches you went to that do not have dollars. I don't think it's about the bank. I know someone who got PTA today from sterling bank. I enquired of PTA from GTB here in PH and was told only 2 branches in PH handles it. I think it's wrong for you to be turned back saying no PTA. CBN gave guidelines and that all request be treated within 24hrs. I will advise you check another big branch to tender your request.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tutad: 3:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
please do they accept pre payment via form A?

Or any idea of hospital in houston that accepts pre payment via form A.

bomly:

I haven't used the hospital, I'm only planning to by July, However here is the info I gathered so far

vaginal delivery is $2000.00 which includes all office visits, all routine lab work done in the office, all ultrasounds done in the office, the delivery and the postpartum visits after delivery.

If it is a c-section it will be $2200.00.

Payment is expected to be paid in full by the 34th week of pregnancy therefore if you are 34 or more weeks payment in full will be expected at your first visit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by muyiwaojo1(m): 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hello, please can u email me the name of the hospital and their email address. massimowright8@gmail.com
Thanks

bomly:

I haven't used the hospital, I'm only planning to by July, However here is the info I gathered so far

vaginal delivery is $2000.00 which includes all office visits, all routine lab work done in the office, all ultrasounds done in the office, the delivery and the postpartum visits after delivery.

If it is a c-section it will be $2200.00.

Payment is expected to be paid in full by the 34th week of pregnancy therefore if you are 34 or more weeks payment in full will be expected at your first visit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
Good day all, pls is it possible to change the class of visa when renewing via Dropbox? My first visa was for vacation although I later used it for birthing and duly informed the embassy. I'm renewing now and wish to apply for B2,will it stil be possible via Dropbox? Urgent response needed pls. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drfdee: 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2017
Dr D of oakbend accepts from A
quote author=tutad post=54582686]please do they accept pre payment via form A?

Or any idea of hospital in houston that accepts pre payment via form A.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
oyin3:
I have been to 4 banks in all today(Gbt, Skye), sad
No Pta, is this a new development? Anyone got pta recently, and where?
Are you in Lagos?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oyin3: 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
Yes, Lagos o. Any help please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 7:29pm On Mar 14, 2017
Chanbaby:

If u havent received the ssn u can go to Social security administration with ur childs birth certificate and immunization card and they will give u ur child's ssn not the card. Go early cos the crowd is usually much.

Thanks dear. Did dt already but using zeros for application already delayed my application.

So advise on passport is one should make sure d statement declaration is sent with the passport application to avoid unnecessary delay

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 7:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
PM me for more info as long as your travel date is not more than 14 days from tomorrow.
oyin3:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DrPrincess: 7:46pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hello, ur question/writeup is not really clear. But from d little I understood (ie u won't use d visa until after ur son turns 1, n u wld use it for d purpose it ws issued), nothing stops u from applying for ur son when he's 1yr, u can use ur visa as it wld still b valid. Again were u asked if u were pregnant(or if u wld seek medical attention)? N what ws ur ans? That might determine what future visa intv question u wld b asked.
Like u said, u can't use the visa for birth, bt u can use it for the purpose it was issued after your birth, this shldnt pose a problem. Will u still be a student by then? I ddnt really get the student part, bt just state ur status as it is whenever u renew d visa.

munah123457:
Ok I'm a new member and I have been following this thread. My case goes like this
Myself, dad and younger sister attended US interview on the 8th of March 2017, and we were all granted Visa.

Actually I am 31weeks gone when we went for the interview and I went with my dad and younger sister, and my mum has a valid visa. But my husband didn't apply.

I know if I use the visa to birth, it might create problems for me in the future as my DS160 form states that I am a student, so have zeroed my mind for using it to birth.

I need advice on how I can effectively use my visa without creating any suspicion that will lead to refusal or ban. I've decided that I should apply with my baby after his one year. Then I'm thinking won't the VO start calculating and say I was pregnant while I applied and refuse me or should I travel first b4 I reapply with my baby?

Please urgent and useful reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DrPrincess: 7:58pm On Mar 14, 2017
Cuteaidomo:
Good day all, pls is it possible to change the class of visa when renewing via Dropbox? My first visa was for vacation although I later used it for birthing and duly informed the embassy. I'm renewing now and wish to apply for B2,will it stil be possible via Dropbox? Urgent response needed pls. Thanks
All what u mentioned still fall under d same class of visa which is B2. I think it's when u r totally changing d class (e.g from B to F visa) that dropbox won't apply. So go ahead with ur dropbox renewal n choose your B2.
I applied for a B1 visa in 2014, was issued B1/B2, I renewed this year, applied for B2 (medical) thru dropbox and was issued B1/B2.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mrsbaby: 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
People, biko has anybody used Mercy Medical Centre in Maryland or Holycross hospital? Can I have an idea of the bill please. Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Mar 14, 2017
deeore:
Hello all,
Wow, its been more than a year since i popped in... Choi i sincerely apologize. No missionary journey for me as i don hang boot for now. Just checking on you guys. @firsttymum congrats on your addition... I dont know if you still remember me, but we went on the missionary journey about the same time in 2015. @neferititiram @boldinc @justwise @modath these are the few handles that stuck to my brain... Thanks for keeping this place alive...

grin grin

Good to see you here again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by munah123457: 8:32pm On Mar 14, 2017
DrPrincess:
Hello, ur question/writeup is not really clear. But from d little I understood (ie u won't use d visa until after ur son turns 1, n u wld use it for d purpose it ws issued), nothing stops u from applying for ur son when he's 1yr, u can use ur visa as it wld still b valid. Again were u asked if u were pregnant(or if u wld seek medical attention)? N what ws ur ans? That might determine what future visa intv question u wld b asked.
Like u said, u can't use the visa for birth, bt u can use it for the purpose it was issued after your birth, this shldnt pose a problem. Will u still be a student by then? I ddnt really get the student part, bt just state ur status as it is whenever u renew d visa.

thanks, I wasn't asked if I was pregnant or if I will seek medical attention.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
oyin3:
I have been to 4 banks in all today(Gbt, Skye), sad
No Pta, is this a new development? Anyone got pta recently, and where?

You are sure you've checked all the cupboards & cabinets?....

By the way, Stanbic, Wema & GTB gave people I know today...

P.S... Might be location issue, waka to HQ, Regional HQ... You will get, CBN still dey rain Benjies presently...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oyin3: 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
@ modath, probably branches I went to, I would check inside "potmanto" at this rate. Gracias!
@ freshdad, sent you a mail, I think (not sure I got the pm thingy right), travel date is less than 14days sef undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MrsM: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
MsDenise:

No problems at all. Plans change. As long as the purpose for which you are traveling remains constant i.e. Holiday, medical, business etc with what you told your VO / filled during your Dropbox application, I believe you should be fine.

Cheers

Thanks so much for your reply.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2017
seen and i have responded
oyin3:
@ modath, probably branches I went to, I would check inside "potmanto" at this rate. Gracias!
@ freshdad, sent you a mail, I think (not sure I got the pm thingy right), travel date is less than 14days sef undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
Thanks a lot Drprincess......God bless you.

DrPrincess:

All what u mentioned still fall under d same class of visa which is B2. I think it's when u r totally changing d class (e.g from B to F visa) that dropbox won't apply. So go ahead with ur dropbox renewal n choose your B2.
I applied for a B1 visa in 2014, was issued B1/B2, I renewed this year, applied for B2 (medical) thru dropbox and was issued B1/B2.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 10:22pm On Mar 14, 2017
munah123457:
thanks, I wasn't asked if I was pregnant or if I will seek medical attention.

Then you don't have any problem whatsoever. You can travels after you've had your baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mulberry: 11:03pm On Mar 14, 2017
oyin3:

If you have account in Union bank, then u can get from any of their branches in Lagos now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bomly(f): 12:56am On Mar 15, 2017
Still trying to find accomodation close to Oakbend.

Recommendation would be appreciated from Mom's

Whom have used Oakbend in the past.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mum2ShaEly: 3:28am On Mar 15, 2017
boluwagin:

I did it at a county office where I picked up my LO birth cert. I paid for expedited but they said it takes 3 weeks, I was surprise because parents here who paid for expedited got theirs in less than a week.

You needed to do it at an agency directly for the 3days, even same day sef of you know how to go about it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mum2ShaEly: 3:56am On Mar 15, 2017
drafrican:
Goood evening my people
thinking of switching base to (henrico womwns hospital)
But I have a few challenges
the bill estimate the hospital sent me is much higher than what mothers said they paid.would be grateful if I can get a quote with epidural though .my pain threshold is super small
pls who is the dr w.f ulio was refering to not been able to get the name
how did you go about negotiating the price with the hospital maybe am following the wrong channel.
pls I havent come across accomodation details in virginia and best transport route would be glad if some ine can hekp out
thanks

Think you are absolutely right, I see to be getting much higher quotation too and I was informed of price change.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mum2ShaEly: 4:00am On Mar 15, 2017
mimimum:
Send me a pm, lemme forward the details to you.

The price has changed, confirm with them again before forwarding the information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 5:05am On Mar 15, 2017
deeore:
Hello all,
Wow, its been more than a year since i popped in... Choi i sincerely apologize. No missionary journey for me as i don hang boot for now. Just checking on you guys. @firsttymum congrats on your addition... I dont know if you still remember me, but we went on the missionary journey about the same time in 2015. @neferititiram @boldinc @justwise @modath these are the few handles that stuck to my brain... Thanks for keeping this place alive...

*In my bootleg Mase's voice* "Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back".... If you don hang boot, me don even trowey boot tey tey. grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tekst: 5:24am On Mar 15, 2017
@Desoul please I need help with visa on arrival, I've requested for permission to PM you. Or anyone with desoul's contact if she's not available? Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hopesprings: 6:56am On Mar 15, 2017
Mum2ShaEly:

The price has changed, confirm with them again before forwarding the information.

Hi Can you confirm what the new prices are please, as of last week it seemed more or less the same on the Hospital's website.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 8:11am On Mar 15, 2017
Changed again? shocked When please? Cos the quote I got was as at mid-February.
Mum2ShaEly:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Oloye12345: 8:22am On Mar 15, 2017
Gus please send me the contact details of the doctors charging $2K in HNWH and the contact details of HNWH. My e-mail address is bidino@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mojirayoflawal: 8:53am On Mar 15, 2017
Hello everyone....any mama's in dallas. Pls holla before boredom finishes me....m staying at garland. Urgent! So we can also run minds on hospital bills and all.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Harisbabe: 9:25am On Mar 15, 2017
Oloye12345:
Gus please send me the contact details of the doctors charging $2K in HNWH and the contact details of HNWH. My e-mail address is bidino@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Pls help me too with tge contact. I have been caling and calling, whenever i succeed in being transfered to the appropriate extension it rings and goes into voice machine. I have left message tire, no response. My email is harisoglad@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (416)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.