Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978433 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Send a pm
ardel:

Pls how can I get in touch with you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 7:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
maideyz:
Good day house,

I got my visa approved to the glory of God to have my baby. My intension was to go to Elpaso in Texas,But it seems the cost of accomodation is alot for us to bear. The reservation i have is at 2200 for a period of 8Weeks which makes it $170 per week. I will appreciate if anyone can advise me on a cheaper accomodation at elpaso and also if there is any available mum to share accomodation between june to August.thank you

Over 300 options to choose from: https://www.airbnb.com/s/El-paso?source=bb&s_tag=QVHBaPD7&allow_override%5B%5D=
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tbash16: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
Akorkor:

Thank you. I did a thorough search and i got what i needed.
please assist a sister, I've searched tire for the format, one I got seems one kind and I don't know if it should include more information like visa page, name etc....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
tbash16:
please assist a sister, I've searched tire for the format, one I got seems one kind and I don't know if it should include more information like visa page, name etc....

Here is the format below: Got it from part 2,page 96.
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to notify the embassy of my new travel plans. I have a B1/B2 visa which was obtained for a visit in October 2013. I have also used the visa for the original purpose. My name is ..........with passport number .........

I am currently pregnant and my husband and I have decided to have our babies in the USA. We have contacted a hospital in the USA for this purpose and we have adequate finances to cover all expenses.

I understand my visa covers for this purpose but would like to request you kindly update my records to reflect this new plan in my data. Also please advise if there is any other thing i would need to do.

Yours sincerely,
Your name
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jaypisces(f): 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
In the spirit of giving back I wish to share my POE experience. left Lagos yesterday Wednesday 26th April through Qatar airline at 32weeks + 2days. Submitted my Med Cert and MEDIF via email to the airline on Monday. Got to the airport early. Went to port health got a med cert, paid 1500 for it. Had all my documents put together. At Doha, my name was announced that I was to see a US immigration officer. I confidently went to him.
Officer: Hello
Me: Hi. How are u doing
Officer : Fine and u. What's your purpose of visit
Me: Child birth
Officer: Do you have a Dr
Me: Yes. Called the name of the dr and hospital
Officer: K, where will you be staying
Me: gave him my brother-in-law's address
Officer: What do u do for a living.
Me: Work for the FG in bleep org
Officer: Do have a safe trip
Me: Thanks

So I boarded the plane from Doha to NY. Qatar airline is really nice. Good meals, the pampering I got cos I be pregnant woman. The trip was smooth no issues. Landed NY, scanned my passport and printed my receipts at the self service machine and headed to the CBP Officer.
Me: HI
CBP: Welcome, passport please
Me I handed it to him
He looked at it and looked at me.
CBP: you know your passport has expired.
Me: Yes. Please find attached the New one but my Visa is in the old one.
CBP: K. Raised his stamp and looked at me. What do you do for a living.
Me: Work with the FG in so so org.
He stamped me in till Oct and told me welcome.
N.a. so I jeje go carry my luggage. Meet 2nd customs officer who just asked purpose of visit which I answered child birth. She just said welcome to the US.

I could not believe it. I just jejely waka dey drag my bag to where my BIL was waiting for me. The man self still dey in shock as he said wetin dey reign for America na anchor baby and they have been sending several pple back.

Thank you firsttymum God bless you for taking time out to answer my questions. God bless all contributors to this page.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tbash16: 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
Akorkor:

Here is the format below: Got it from part 2,page 96.
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to notify the embassy of my new travel plans. I have a B1/B2 visa which was obtained for a visit in October 2013. I have also used the visa for the original purpose. My name is ..........with passport number .........

I am currently pregnant and my husband and I have decided to have our babies in the USA. We have contacted a hospital in the USA for this purpose and we have adequate finances to cover all expenses.

I understand my visa covers for this purpose but would like to request you kindly update my records to reflect this new plan in my data. Also please advise if there is any other thing i would need to do.

Yours sincerely,
Your name
Thank you soooo much, I really appreciate this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifax(f): 11:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All,
URGENT INFO NEEDED.

Please for those who rented a car or drove especially in houston,was it that international drivers license una use with no fuss from any law official?
And pls who has the contact of anyone doing this licence. Cannot find the contact of the guy I used two years ago

Hi, i used normal Driver's license in houston. (Budget car rental)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
Please is there anyone travelling from Lagos to Houston this weekend...??
I need to send another consent form to my wife quite urgently.
Kindly PM.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by glogirl(f): 12:48am On Apr 28, 2017
Hello ladies,

Please is etc still in use for new born babies? I just got the one I paid for but a family friend told me it is no longer issued for newborns. I hope it's not a fake that I was issued so i don't run into trouble.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Maymum: 4:31am On Apr 28, 2017
maideyz:
Good day house,

I got my visa approved to the glory of God to have my baby. My intension was to go to Elpaso in Texas,But it seems the cost of accomodation is alot for us to bear. The reservation i have is at 2200 for a period of 8Weeks which makes it $170 per week. I will appreciate if anyone can advise me on a cheaper accomodation at elpaso and also if there is any available mum to share accomodation between june to August.thank you

$170 per week and it comes to 2200 for 8 weeks ? are there other charges? have you tried Intown ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 5:12am On Apr 28, 2017
Maymum:

$170 per week and it comes to 2200 for 8 weeks ? are there other charges? have you tried Intown ?

Thats odd $170 x 8 = $1360 and taxes are not aplicable after the first month.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ashynabs: 5:14am On Apr 28, 2017
Hi guys decided to take a straight flight from lagos to houston via atlanta thats delta...... any experience with the POE IN ATLANTA PLS ADVISE......... i am going with my son who was born there..... pls someone reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:33am On Apr 28, 2017
Use courier mark it priority it will be there in 2 days. To save you the stress.
shawlar:
Kindly PM.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:51am On Apr 28, 2017
You can either go this route or use the international drivers licence option added to your foreign licence you can drive as a visitor.
Got to www.idlservices.com for more information.
It might interest you to know that you can drive with your foreign licence for up to 90 days from the day you enter Texas.

serty1:

If you have a valid visa go to DPS and apply for a Texas drivers license ... if you get pulled over driving with a 9ja license it's equivalent to no license ... and under trumps era it's a crime .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:53am On Apr 28, 2017
You can either go this route or use the international drivers licence option added to your foreign licence you can drive as a visitor.
It might interest you to know that you can drive with your foreign licence for up to 90 days from the day you enter Texas

PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All,
URGENT INFO NEEDED.

Please for those who rented a car or drove especially in houston,was it that international drivers license una use with no fuss from any law official?
And pls who has the contact of anyone doing this licence. Cannot find the contact of the guy I used two years ago
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 8:59am On Apr 28, 2017
Please when you say normal drivers' licence do you mean our regular licence
ifax:

Hi, i used normal Driver's license in houston. (Budget car rental)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 10:22am On Apr 28, 2017
tbash16:
Thank you soooo much, I really appreciate this.

You are welcome. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by PrinceAdeAde: 10:52am On Apr 28, 2017
shawlar:
Kindly PM.
Thanks

My wife is travelling Monday. Send me a PM

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by PrinceAdeAde: 10:52am On Apr 28, 2017
chibertha:
It might interest you to know that you can drive with your foreign licence for up to 90 days from the day you enter Texas

Thanks,very useful
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifax(f): 11:01am On Apr 28, 2017
freshdad:
Please when you say normal drivers' licence do you mean our regular licence

Yes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
I went for my interview today with my mum. My mum was given but
I wasn't. I don't understand why as I am the pry applicant and we stated we where going for childbirth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
PrinceAdeAde:

My wife is travelling Monday. Send me a PM

Thanks a lot but I'm trying to get it to her before Monday or Monday morning at the latest. I might still contact you though, I think I have your email.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
chibertha:
Use courier mark it priority it will be there in 2 days. To save you the stress.

I already did that but UPS missed a scheduled pick up and it seems it's not going to run late. That's why I'm searching for an alternative
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
Thanks for the response but it is not all states that allow that. In Illinois, you have to get a temporary licence-based on web info
ifax:

Yes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 12:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
freshdad:
Thanks for the response but it is not all states that allow that. In Illinois, you have to get a temporary licence-based on web info
I used my Nigerian license to rent and drive a car in Illinois some years ago. Is this a new rule?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zulee: 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
Good day, I'd like to share my experience at the Lagos US embassy today. I had initially been refused at Abuja in February with my husband and son because the visa officer claimed my bill showed pending final invoice and wasnt sure if I paid all my bill. At that time I didn't know about this thread and so many information on zero balance statement, letter of non-indebtedness n itimised bill. So I began to call the hospital to send these documents since February oh. Finally armed my self with every evidence that I wasn't owing, the budget sheet and all an envelope full of other documents. Mehn! The queue in Lagos no be child's play. I met an old lady, she refused 3 people before me. the following conversation took place

VO: Good Morning Ma'am
Me: Good Morning
VO: what did you go to do in Saudi Arabia?
Me: I went for pilgrimage July last year
VO: What did you do in US the last time?
me: I had a baby
VO: ok, how many kids do you have?
Me: 2
VO: how old are they?
Me: 4 and a year 8 months
VO: Do you have the receipts
Me: Hands over my receipts
VO: where is that?
Me: Florida
VO: How did you pay?
Me: I used my MasterCard as a self paid patient
VO: so what do you wanna go and do now?
Me: I'm pregnant and I wanna have my baby
VO: where do you work?
Me: Bleep
VO: what's your position?
VO: Does your Husband have a valid visa?
Me: No it also expired same time as mine, but he's planning on renewing it too
VO: where does he work?
VO: So you wanna go back to same place?
Me: Yes I want to go back to Florida
By that time she was already picking the white paper
VO: when do you intend traveling?
Me: End of July to Early August
VO: Ok you can pick your passport next week, we will email you when it's ready anyway. Did you avoid Abuja office so won't be denied?
Me: Smiled and said I'm in Lagos for meeting and I wanted to try a different place. God bless you.

She didn't ask for correspondence with hospital/doc, budgetsheet, bank statement, itemised bill, zero balance, why I applied for visit visa in January, why my husband and son did not apply this time around. I expected a lot of questions but she came down easy on me. I'm thankful to God and to all the people on this thread who give information. Wish everyone the best of luck

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
Now I understand you cant rent with it anymore but you can still drive for a while with it
http://www.josephklest.com/2011/09/is_a_foreign_drivers_license_v.html
sugah:

I used my Nigerian license to rent and drive a car in Illinois some years ago. Is this a new rule?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 4:01pm On Apr 28, 2017
freshdad:

Not true. You can use naija licence or intl drivers licence
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 4:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
just found this. http://www.josephklest.com/2011/09/is_a_foreign_drivers_license_v.html
nefertitiram:

Not true. You can use naija licence or intl drivers licence

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.