Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978738 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chi1145: 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
zulee:
Good day, I'd like to share my experience at the Lagos US embassy today. I had initially been refused at Abuja in February with my husband and son because the visa officer claimed my bill showed pending final invoice and wasnt sure if I paid all my bill. At that time I didn't know about this thread and so many information on zero balance statement, letter of non-indebtedness n itimised bill. So I began to call the hospital to send these documents since February oh. Finally armed my self with every evidence that I wasn't owing, the budget sheet and all an envelope full of other documents. Mehn! The queue in Lagos no be child's play. I met an old lady, she refused 3 people before me. the following conversation took place

VO: Good Morning Ma'am
Me: Good Morning
VO: what did you go to do in Saudi Arabia?
Me: I went for pilgrimage July last year
VO: What did you do in US the last time?
me: I had a baby
VO: ok, how many kids do you have?
Me: 2
VO: how old are they?
Me: 4 and a year 8 months
VO: Do you have the receipts
Me: Hands over my receipts
VO: How much did you pay
Me: A little over $4000
VO: where is that?
Me: Florida
VO: How did you pay?
Me: I used my MasterCard as a self paid patient
VO: so what do you wanna go and do now?
Me: I'm pregnant and I wanna have my baby
VO: where do you work?
Me: Bleep
VO: what's your position?
VO: Does your Husband have a valid visa?
Me: No it also expired same time as mine, but he's planning on renewing it too
VO: where does he work?
VO: So you wanna go back to same place?
Me: Yes I want to go back to Florida
By that time she was already picking the white paper
VO: when do you intend traveling?
Me: End of July to Early August
VO: Ok you can pick your passport next week, we will email you when it's ready anyway. Did you avoid Abuja office so won't be denied?
Me: Smiled and said I'm in Lagos for meeting and I wanted to try a different place. God bless you.

She didn't ask for correspondence with hospital/doc, budgetsheet, bank statement, itemised bill, zero balance, why I applied for visit visa in January, why my husband and son did not apply this time around. I expected a lot of questions but she came down easy on me. I'm thankful to God and to all the people on this thread who give information. Wish everyone the best of luck

hi dear, please can I get your email so I can PM you? thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Arc0: 2:17am On Apr 30, 2017
barinem:

Hello I try to reply ur mail but no way don't know what is wrong with it, if u can please do send me email and ur phone no so we can get in touch from there. I will be in El paso from May as well. Waiting to hear from you.

Hi Barinem,

How're you? Great to see your response. I'll very much love to respond with my deets, although I'm not sure how that works out

Perhaps you need to respond to my mail before we can establish a direct form of communication
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by barinem: 2:28am On Apr 30, 2017
Arc0:

Hi Baridem,

How're you? Great to see your response. I'll very much love to respond with my deets, although I'm not sure how that works out

Perhaps you need to respond to my mail before we can establish a direct form of communication

Arco, I try to reply ur mail but it keeps bouncing back to me saying failure to deliver. I use to reply to emails b4 but right now I don't know what d problem is. Anyway guess something is wrong some where.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Arc0: 2:31am On Apr 30, 2017
barinem:

Arco, I try to reply ur mail but it keeps bouncing back to me saying failure to deliver. I use to reply to emails b4 but right now I don't know what d problem is. Anyway guess something is wrong some where.

Sure, could be a technical glitch
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 9:16am On Apr 30, 2017
In Harris county of Houston the bus route covers nearly every where. If you are in sugar Land there is a park and ride there same with Katy. In missouri the bus route is there to go downtown. From Richmond (the home of oakbend) you will have to go to the park and ride at sugar land. To go to sam Houston space center buses go there week days between 8am - 6pm but weekends no.
If you use a Q-card to pay you will be charged at cheaper rate if you get of a bus and go back on another in 30mins or less on the same route your card won't be charged again.
Down town areas has the light train too.
So my dear what you said is right except the part that there are no metro or trains in Houston.
If you are using a hotel try and stay close to westhimer road or Richmond avenue the buses run on this route nearly round the clock.

FADEO:

Your View? Very Good.... It all depends on you and your location.... For me, it was way way more convenient to rent a car after spending over 250$ per day on transport in houston. In houston, there are no metro and bus ride, a car to drive in houston is a necesity and convienient for DW and my Little daughter. So I rented a car for less than 300$ for a week (for about 5 weeks), I could go to anywhere at time T, to movies, mall, shopping, NASA, Museum and visiting and When DW went into Labour, i had less to worry about concerning transport. The car came in handy and effectively efficient.

So my dear, it all depends on you, then level of comfort you want, and the location.

So in my view, opinion and practical experience in Houston, renting a car is a necessity for comfort and convenience.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 10:49am On Apr 30, 2017
chibertha:
In Harris county of Houston the bus route covers nearly every where. If you are in sugar Land there is a park and ride there same with Katy. In missouri the bus route is there to go downtown. From Richmond (the home of oakbend) you will have to go to the park and ride at sugar land. To go to sam Houston space center buses go there week days between 8am - 6pm but weekends no.
If you use a Q-card to pay you will be charged at cheaper rate if you get of a bus and go back on another in 30mins or less on the same route your card won't be charged again.
Down town areas has the light train too.
So my dear what you said is right except the part that there are no metro or trains in Houston.
If you are using a hotel try and stay close to westhimer road or Richmond avenue the buses run on this route nearly round the clock.

Ok noted, and sorry there are buses and metro in houston, but not everywhere in houston. Like i said said it depends on your person and you location. I stayed in Fresno, there are no buses in fresno and Highway 6. And am sorry i cant allow DW of 8 months plus pregnancy to hop around buses for anywhere she wanna go. but you are correct. I saw buses in some aread in Houston.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by staceyo(f): 11:01am On Apr 30, 2017
jaypisces:
In the spirit of giving back I wish to share my POE experience. left Lagos yesterday Wednesday 26th April through Qatar airline at 32weeks + 2days. Submitted my Med Cert and MEDIF via email to the airline on Monday. Got to the airport early. Went to port health got a med cert, paid 1500 for it. Had all my documents put together. At Doha, my name was announced that I was to see a US immigration officer. I confidently went to him.
Officer: Hello
Me: Hi. How are u doing
Officer : Fine and u. What's your purpose of visit
Me: Child birth
Officer: Do you have a Dr
Me: Yes. Called the name of the dr and hospital
Officer: K, where will you be staying
Me: gave him my brother-in-law's address
Officer: What do u do for a living.
Me: Work for the FG in bleep org
Officer: Do have a safe trip
Me: Thanks

So I boarded the plane from Doha to NY. Qatar airline is really nice. Good meals, the pampering I got cos I be pregnant woman. The trip was smooth no issues. Landed NY, scanned my passport and printed my receipts at the self service machine and headed to the CBP Officer.
Me: HI
CBP: Welcome, passport please
Me I handed it to him
He looked at it and looked at me.
CBP: you know your passport has expired.
Me: Yes. Please find attached the New one but my Visa is in the old one.
CBP: K. Raised his stamp and looked at me. What do you do for a living.
Me: Work with the FG in so so org.
He stamped me in till Oct and told me welcome.
N.a. so I jeje go carry my luggage. Meet 2nd customs officer who just asked purpose of visit which I answered child birth. She just said welcome to the US.

I could not believe it. I just jejely waka dey drag my bag to where my BIL was waiting for me. The man self still dey in shock as he said wetin dey reign for America na anchor baby and they have been sending several pple back.

Thank you firsttymum God bless you for taking time out to answer my questions. God bless all contributors to this page.

I wonder y pple still believe in lying at the POE n hiding the fact that they r pregnant
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 11:39am On Apr 30, 2017
Happy weekend bro.
Hope y'all are having a nice time.
FADEO:

Ok noted, and sorry there are buses and metro in houston, but not everywhere in houston. Like i said said it depends on your person and you location. I stayed in Fresno, there are no buses in fresno and Highway 6. And am sorry i cant allow DW of 8 months plus pregnancy to hop around buses for anywhere she wanna go. but you are correct. I saw buses in some aread in Houston.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 11:51am On Apr 30, 2017
chibertha:
Happy weekend bro.
Hope y'all are having a nice time.

Happy weekend sis, we are doing great and nice. How are you doing too? hope you are doing great?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
It is because they are not well informed and guided.
I remember some one telling my DH when I was there to have a baby not to say that he was there for baby birth that if he does he would implicate me.
When my husband called and told me I said boy not true.
"I have told POE I am in the states to put to birth and I have also said you would be here on xyz date to be with me"
Matter of fact was POE told me to tell my DH to say what I just told him (poe) if not he ( My DH) will be sent back.
And someone who was not there and doesn't know what is obtainable is giving funny advice.
So you see the kind of information that is on the streets.

staceyo:

I wonder y pple still believe in lying at the POE n hiding the fact that they r pregnant

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 5:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
PrinceAdeAde:

Thanks,very useful

Sent you an email PrinceAdeAde, kindly reply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fruitilicious: 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
jw2996323:
Hello Great Mom&Dad,

Please, I URGENTLY need Desoul contact for visa on arrival for our LO. Also anyone with useful information on how we can process Nigeria Passport for our LO in Houston, Texas.

Thanks

Good evening all, longest time. I can see the ministry is moving, thank God. Kindly assist with Desoul's contact for visa on arrival also. God bless you!

Happy Sunday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by alafefeyeye: 10:31pm On Apr 30, 2017
God bless you guys for keeping this thread alive,just wat ve been looking for.....lemme search d thread for info will be back with my questions.. a dec mum,planning to have my baby in califonia

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by alafefeyeye: 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
Pls house does anyone know about buying health insurance which will cover for medical expenses for mother and child,if yes,how much does it cost and how does it work.thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by PrinceAdeAde: 8:43am On May 01, 2017
shawlar:

Any takers..??
Anyone....
Anybody...??
Somebody...??
Please... embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry

I offered the last time and the offer is still open till this noon when she leaves
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 8:50am On May 01, 2017
if you want visa on arrival .then y would you need nigerian passport.....just do visa on arrival nd do the passport in naija ...or do only passport over there

Fruitilicious:

Good evening all, longest time. I can see the ministry is moving, thank God. Kindly assist with Desoul's contact for visa on arrival also. God bless you!

Happy Sunday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by PrinceAdeAde: 8:53am On May 01, 2017
shawlar:

Sent you an email PrinceAdeAde, kindly reply

saw it this morning and already responded
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 8:56am On May 01, 2017
what if there is no metro route where u intend to go..imagine paying almost 70dollars to d metro bus stop....and with big belle or wit new born baby. ur advice can onky b possible for pleasure visitors
chibertha:
I just tire.
The metro bus or train is there in some states and very cheap.Uber is there taxis are there.
Just use google to know your route and bus number.
If you stay in a place that there is no metro route take a cab to the nearest park and ride or transit center and off you go round town on your way back do same.
My view though correct me if I am wrong

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Laboogie: 9:31am On May 01, 2017
[quote author=barinem post=55853416][/quote]

Thank you for the info... Tried sending an email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Laboogie: 9:36am On May 01, 2017
Arc0:
I'm leaving this msg here for Doctoresparati Moms or moms to be, and any Moms in El Paso from May

I'm a Doctoresparati patient and will be in El Paso from May, next month. If anyone of you moms will like to meet up, share some pastimes or lonely times, I can definitely use some company myself

Message me or drop a line here and I'll respond

However, It will be nice to know a bit about you before we meet, for safety reasons and precautions wink

Cheers

Hello Arc0 ,

I am elpaso bound for end of May as well ...

Kindly send a pm as I am unable to send to you at the moment .

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Etim008: 11:06am On May 01, 2017
Good Morning House,

I need your advise, last week i went for my visa interview, planning to go on vacation with DH… I was denied, without further info, tho i stated that I’m pregnant and in the future i will like to use the same visa for child birthing if only the VO cared to listen. Here was our conversation.

Me: Good morning
VO: Why are you traveling to the US
Me: Going on a vacation with my DH
VO: Why Florida
Me: Well my husband cousin lives there and promise to make it worthwhile
VO: what do you do
Me: so so so and so
VO: Traveled before
Me: No

All in between he was typing and well i told him i am also pregnant and hoping to use the visa for childbirth when due.

Well now the point is DH wants me to go for another interview in coming weeks so we can still go for the vacation and also be more prepared as my answers where flat but after reading this thread i think its better we forget the vacation and wait for when my bump is out then i prepare for child birthing interview with all necessary details as i have gathered from here. I don’t think i want to risk going through that disappointment never again.

Please what you guys think?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Abaluntu(m): 11:24am On May 01, 2017
Chanbaby:

Pls madam, I have looked Tru almost all your post to find the doctors email address you said you dropped for someone months ago but have had no luck. I will really appreciate if you can send me the email address. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 11:41am On May 01, 2017
Etim008:
Good Morning House,

I need your advise, last week i went for my visa interview, planning to go on vacation with DH… I was denied, without further info, tho i stated that I’m pregnant and in the future i will like to use the same visa for child birthing if only the VO cared to listen. Here was our conversation.

All in between he was typing and well i told him i am also pregnant and hoping to use the visa for childbirth when due.

Well now the point is DH wants me to go for another interview in coming weeks so we can still go for the vacation and also be more prepared as my answers where flat but after reading this thread i think its better we forget the vacation and wait for when my bump is out then i prepare for child birthing interview with all necessary details as i have gathered from here. I don’t think i want to risk going through that disappointment never again.

Please what you guys think?

I agree with you that you should just wait and prepare very well and then apply when you want to go for child birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by heavenangels(f): 12:39pm On May 01, 2017
Please does anybody know any affordable Birthing hospital in Rhode Island?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by barinem: 3:18pm On May 01, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
Laboogie:

Thank you for the info... Tried sending an email

Saw ur mail but can't reply, keep bouncing back to me saying failure to deliver. Guess the only way to communicate is thru here for now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YETI28: 5:45pm On May 01, 2017
Hello house, please I want to ask; apart from Emirates airline that does hotel bookings( stop over) in dubai, please which other airline does same.. Since Emirates does not fly from Abuja again. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:42pm On May 01, 2017
YETI28:
Hello house, please I want to ask; apart from Emirates airline that does hotel bookings( stop over) in dubai, please which other airline does same.. Since Emirates does not fly from Abuja again. Thanks

I know that Egypt air also does
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 9:18pm On May 01, 2017
This is a fact too and also the flip side of the coin.
oniwoski:
what if there is no metro route where u intend to go..imagine paying almost 70dollars to d metro bus stop....and with big belle or wit new born baby. ur advice can onky b possible for pleasure visitors
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 10:19pm On May 01, 2017
Abaluntu:

Pls madam, I have looked Tru almost all your post to find the doctors email address you said you dropped for someone months ago but have had no luck. I will really appreciate if you can send me the email address. Thanks.

Its against the rule to drop any contact here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Guc123456: 1:22am On May 02, 2017
Hi,

Can anyone please recommend a Dr in Dallas that accepts transfers till 35 - 36 weeks GA? (Mehn... I can't be there that long) Also looking to make contact with July mamas so that boredom doesn't kill me grin grin

Lastly, has anyone had any luck with finding cheap tickets from Lagos to Dallas?

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.