Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975410 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olajay5: 7:56pm On May 21, 2017
desoul:

first, the answer to your question on if you can process your LO PASSPORT in Nigeria and take to USA is NO..on the issue of ETC, its suppose to be for people who lost their passport and can not get a new one before returning to nigeria, sometimes immigration dont issue it to baby b'cos it does not have much identification on it ,its for adults who can prove that they are nigerians, really appreciatedon the issue of booklet scarcity, cool sad , then on VOA, the steps are well detailed on immigration website, pls log on to www.immigration.gov.ng...pls am not an agent, i have said it before ,also i dont work at the embassy, some of you who have met me knows my office. i try as much as possible to be silent on some issues, even when people ask for my contact here, i see them but i always ignore, we help each other to get cheap flight ticket,accomodation ,hospital etc, some after their missionary journey thank those that answered their pms. i hope this helps thank you.

Thank you for your response@Desoul. It's really appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bimsebony: 8:56pm On May 21, 2017
Mrsbaby:

awww. Just seeing this. Biko, I dont know how to private chat. I paid less than 8k for Anne Arundale clinic and then paid 2k for my doctor. Let me know how to reach you privately so I can tell you more.

Hello Mrsbaby

Still waiting for more info from you. my email is bimsebony@yahoo.com.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 9:04pm On May 21, 2017
ardel:

Pls how can I get in touch with you?
Hello Ardel I saw ur pm and replied.....not heard from you since.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by queensheba19: 2:06am On May 22, 2017
biolarh:
pls house need a quick ans,how do one get accommodation for someone who doesn't have anybody in the state.
is she going to book a suite or any idea pls..just to help a friend
plsssssssssssssssssssss.thanx

You can try a site like www.booking.com or hotels.com to get a reservation. If you happen to be traveling to Maryland, I have furnished accommodation available.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Marylandmama: 4:15am On May 22, 2017
@Cuteidomo, I tried replying your pm but it's not delivering. Just put to bed a bouncing baby girl.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:52am On May 22, 2017
Marylandmama:
@Cuteidomo, I tried replying your pm but it's not delivering. Just put to bed a bouncing baby girl.

Congratulations !!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Marylandmama: 9:48am On May 22, 2017
Babatwi:

Congratulations !!!!!!

Thank you very much.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cutegold(f): 10:06am On May 22, 2017
poyet200489@yahoo.com

send me yr email. will inbox u[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ddoy2003: 10:18am On May 22, 2017
Marylandmama:
. Congratulations sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Waliwa: 11:10am On May 22, 2017
ifybabe4real:
Please i need help. which is the best POE for Chicago? is JFK (New York) ok? is it better to do the connecting flight from naija or when i land? if i travel thru new York is it safe to to return via Chicago. if yes which of the Chicago airport is best safe. please i need urgent response so i can book my ticket asap. thanks mummy's in the house

A number of Chicago-bound mamas have shared their travel stories, so you can read-up to get a sense of their different experiences. I was advised that it was best to travel through the east coast or Atlanta, but ended up flying directly to Chicago O'Hare and I had no problems. I shared my POE experience a while ago, so you can search for it.

All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Marylandmama: 11:30am On May 22, 2017
Ddoy2003:
. Congratulations sis

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 12:05pm On May 22, 2017
May2017:
The older white woman

Thank you, also please, how did you make d job part look like a resume cos I actually didn't specify I'm a pharmacist on the Ds160, I only described the job duties and I guess it's one of the reasons too. Also, how did you demonstrate your strong ties cos I've only been married for 9 months too and had to change job when I relocated permanently to where hubby is. Pls kindly reply or better still,send a mail. Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 9jabiggurl: 12:36pm On May 22, 2017
@josh050558

to add to what @Shawlar said, please FILL THE FORM YOURSELF. Its very easy and takes less than 60mins to fill, that way you would both be very much aware of the info therein so when asked any question you can easily answer by yourselves. Please avoid lies!!! i suffered the consequences for years...i only just got favored last month to have renewed without been refused after several attempts....Bear in mind America and other embassies have got ties hence you don't want to jeopardize your chances with other embassies (I jeopardized my Canadian student application because they checked with USA why i was refused after having my boys there on 2 occasions with 1 visa)

So please do it yourself....this forum will help you a lot... do yourself good by reading just some few pages ( I wish i knew about nairaland when i applied the first time, I won't have found myself in such a big a mess)

Wish you and wifey all the best. For all you care my blood sister got her visa with her husband based on "we are going to give birth"

So i have given you 2 personal stories, i believe they would help you make a decision....cheers

shawlar:

*sigh* Why are travel agents so full of lies like this...???

@josh050558 If you manufacture a job for your wife and she is now asked to show her payslips or statement of account with salary inputs... How do you do that..?? More lies...?? Getting caught in a lie by the consular officer could seriously jeopardize your chances in future interviews.

From other's posts you would see that a lot of people have been granted visas for childbirth even though they had no previous travel experience and they said the truth. I would advise you to go with your gut instinct and SAY IT AS IT IS!! I would have preferred if your wife went for the interview by herself so that she could use you as her tie back home but since you've scheduled it together,let's hope your travel history covers 4 her. Couples like yours have been known to be successful together too. Also, try and make sure you fill your forms yourself b4 those ur agents fill rubbish on your behalf

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gloriagee(f): 12:49pm On May 22, 2017
Madam, did this ever get sorted out? So scary o

funmikay:
Thank yo for responding @anonymousmum,@chibertha and @chanbaby

It was a vaginal delivery.I didn't request for a Paediatrician at the birth.No extra tests were done that I am aware of.The LO was with me on the room for the 2 days.

The breakdown they sent:

nursery- 3,430
Lab-828
Pharmacy-535
Special nursing services-171

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gloriagee(f): 12:58pm On May 22, 2017
Were u able to sort this out? This is ridiculous

dabson2020:

I just got their bill this morning and same bill of 3800 was given. I will follow your advise. Thanks and God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by May2017: 1:28pm On May 22, 2017
The resume part: I didn't describe 'briefly' my duties. I guess I glossed over my duties in my first 2 applications. This time, I was a bit elaborate and I didn't hold back in using investment terminologies.
My ties: That I have lived in Nigeria all my life (Buliding my career in financial services over the last 10 years). If your spouse, your parents and your siblings live and work in Nigeria, say so. List the communities/groups you belong to. List the assets you own and state that they are important enough for you to return to.

Dhollargurl:

Thank you, also please, how did you make d job part look like a resume cos I actually didn't specify I'm a pharmacist on the Ds160, I only described the job duties and I guess it's one of the reasons too. Also, how did you demonstrate your strong ties cos I've only been married for 9 months too and had to change job when I relocated permanently to where hubby is. Pls kindly reply or better still,send a mail. Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 5:05pm On May 22, 2017
Marylandmama:

Congrats to you sis.....do you mind giving me ur email add so I can mail u directly? Need some info from u pls. Tax
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 5:11pm On May 22, 2017
2 options;

let the hospital know so they can update it with the vital records office( thats what they did for mr at my hospital when there was an error)
or go to the vital records office yourself to rectify
Maymum:
Good day my people,

Please i need your urgent advice. There is an error with my baby's last name on the US birth certificate (how that happened i just cant explain) and I need to change it as soon as possible . Please anyone who has gone through this before or knows someone who has had same issue in the past ? Any suggestions will really go a long way. I really need to sort this out asap as i have just less than 3 weeks left.

Thanks so much in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 5:28pm On May 22, 2017
depending on who is getting the approval for you, you have to write a formal letter in this format

The Comptroller General,
Nigeria Immigration Service,
Airport Road, Abuja.

Dear Sir,

APPLICATION FOR VISA ON ARRIVAL

I, ........, a Nigerian citizen, would like to apply for a visa on arrival for my daughter; .........- a national of the United States of America with passport number ...... scheduled to arrive the country from the .... 2017 accompanied by my wife ........ with passport number A..... aboard a concerned airline.

Attached to this letter are the following;
1. The data page of my passport
2. The data page of my wife’s passport
3. The data page of my daughters’ passport and,
4. My daughters’ birth certificate.

I look forward to your usual cooperative and swift response.

Yours faithfully,

There is a token to be paid for this approval unfortunately as the cost varies from who's sorting it out for one. The part I wrote from- I was told one has to put 2-3 days to the date you are supposed to arrived at your destination and do not use a precise airline as they may make an issue if you dint arrive on that flight.

That's the best I know.

justwise:

I really hope that she does that or somebody else that knows the process because this idea of using contact within the embassy to get VOA will not work here.

The passport booklet is not available but when you contact the insider within the embassy the booklet becomes available?

We need to stop feeding those corrupt Nigerian embassy workers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 5:35pm On May 22, 2017
my wife travelled through JFK to chicago. changed the flight to return through chicago before new return date

ifybabe4real:
Please i need help. which is the best POE for Chicago? is JFK (New York) ok? is it better to do the connecting flight from naija or when i land? if i travel thru new York is it safe to to return via Chicago. if yes which of the Chicago airport is best safe. please i need urgent response so i can book my ticket asap. thanks mummy's in the house
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 7:09pm On May 22, 2017
freshdad:
depending on who is getting the approval for you, you have to write a formal letter in this format

The Comptroller General,
Airport Road, Abuja.

Dear Sir,

I, ........, a Nigerian citizen, would like to apply for a visa on arrival for my daughter; .........- a national of the United States of America with passport number ...... scheduled to arrive the country from the .... 2017 accompanied by my wife ........ with passport number A..... aboard a concerned airline.

Yours faithfully,

There is a token to be paid for this approval unfortunately as the cost varies from who's sorting it out for one. The part I wrote from- I was told one has to put 2-3 days to the date you are supposed to arrived at your destination and do not use a precise airline as they may make an issue if you dint arrive on that flight.

That's the best I know.

Thanks Freshdad for this Insight.
Please where do we send the letter to? And can a regular Immigration officer like those that help with Nigerian passport at Ikoyi help out?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2017
freshdad:

The Comptroller General,
Airport Road, Abuja.

Dear Sir,

Yours faithfully,

That's the best I know.

Thanks for this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifybabe4real: 7:28pm On May 22, 2017
Waliwa:

A number of Chicago-bound mamas have shared their travel stories, so you can read-up to get a sense of their different experiences. I was advised that it was best to travel through the east coast or Atlanta, but ended up flying directly to Chicago O'Hare and I had no problems. I shared my POE experience a while ago, so you can search for it.

All the best.
thanks so much for your response. i have sent you a PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifybabe4real: 7:36pm On May 22, 2017
freshdad:
my wife travelled through JFK to chicago. changed the flight to return through chicago before new return date

thanks for your response. this is quite helpful. please i sent you a PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 7:44pm On May 22, 2017
May2017:
The resume part: I didn't describe 'briefly' my duties. I guess I glossed over my duties in my first 2 applications. This time, I was a bit elaborate and I didn't hold back in using investment terminologies.
My ties: That I have lived in Nigeria all my life (Buliding my career in financial services over the last 10 years). If your spouse, your parents and your siblings live and work in Nigeria, say so. List the communities/groups you belong to. List the assets you own and state that they are important enough for you to return to.

l
Awwww, thanks for taking your time out to reply me. Hopefully, I'll share my testimony soon. Thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 9:18pm On May 22, 2017
queensheba19:

You can try a site like www.booking.com or hotels.com to get a reservation. If you happen to be traveling to Maryland, I have furnished accommodation available.

How much per month?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:25am On May 23, 2017
Go to the site and choose your budget range then you will know how much it is monthly.

nefertitiram:

How much per month?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:29am On May 23, 2017
chibertha:
Go to the site and choose your budget range then you will know how much it is monthly.

I guess the question of "How much Per month?" Is for the person that said she has a furnished apartment for rent in Maryland .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by May2017: 10:13am On May 23, 2017
Amen babes, amen.

Dhollargurl:
l
Awwww, thanks for taking your time out to reply me. Hopefully, I'll share my testimony soon. Thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 2:22pm On May 23, 2017
chibertha:

no, she said she had accommodation in maryland.

That is what I asked for.

Also, please contact me if you have affordable accommodation in New York to offer. I have someone in need. Apartment/Private rooms in Apartment/Basement etc

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.