Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,190 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975356 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 3:13pm On May 24, 2017
YETI28:

Is not fraudulent..it's still the US details that will b on it..they just want a certificate that has "the federal republic on Nigeria" on it.thats it.
Details on d cert: place of birth,country of birth,date of birth, parents name n date of birth.. Dats it..hospital way I collect immunizations na where them give me.

Why would they "want"? Is there any reason to replicate a birth certificate? One BC is enough,looking for another/more is mere exercise in futility..... some actions we take "just because" may come back to haunt the innocent child in the future... IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE IN LAW....

BANKS PLENTY DEY TROWEY,If one is doing strong head, carry ya kaya and on to the next, when nor be by force to join a particular one?!!!

@ miracletwinee ... wehdonema , ya head is dey dia... Better safe than sorry... cool

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by papi7: 3:35pm On May 24, 2017
My CBP story __

We flew Delta 22nd of May, me and my L.O. The ticket was cost as F*ck but we had choice because of the stress in flying them golf countries ( Etihad, Emirates & Qatar ) airlines.
We got to ATLANTA 5.25am, 41 mins ahead of schedule. FROM PLANE TO CPB- The QUEUE was moderate.

ME- Good morning
CBP- Good morning

I handed over our passports to him

CBP- Where are you going this morning?
ME- CHICAGO.

CBP- How long are you going to stay?
ME- 4 months.

CBP- Why are you staying that long?
ME- I am here on a vacation and childbirth

CBP- Oh, you going to have your baby here?
Me- YesKe

CBP- So, how much cash are you traveling with?
ME- $10,715 in cash and i have another $7,660 in my master card

CBP- Oh, that's over 10k, so i will have to send you over to customs to declare your cash
ME- Oh, ok. How do i go about that?

CBP- I'll call someone to put you through.
ME- OK, thanks.

CBP- Pls move over there and put your 4 fingers for thumbprint after that camera.

ME- Done with that...

CBP- So, it's just two of you traveling?
Me- Yes.

That's all.

HE STAMPED ME IN TILL NOVEMBER.

HE CALLED A LADY OVER TO COME TAKE US TO THE CUSTOMS, HE GAVE HER MY PASSPORT AND A CUSTOM FORM, THEN RETURN MY L.O's PASSPORT TO ME.

We got to the customs, waited till my turn ( about 15 mins )

2nd CBP-

Held my passport but couldn't pronounce my name
so, he was looking at the pic to ask if it was mine so i could come over to the counter, so moved closer and smiled and he said ( am sorry i couldn't pronounce your name ) then i said it's fine.

so he asked.

CBP- how much you have on you?
ME- $10,715 and i have another $7,660 in my master card.

CBP- Why do you have that much?
ME- I am here to for Vacation n Childbirth.

CBP- Oh, you are pregnant?
ME- Yes.

CBP- How far long are you and when are you due?
ME- August.

HE ASKED TO SEE THE CASH, I SHOWED HIM THE ENVELOP ABOUT TO BRING OUT THE CASH, HE SAID NEVER MIND. ( I GUESS HE JUST WANTED TO SEE THE CASH )

CBP- Ok. You have to fill this cash declaration form ( i did )
He then asked, is it your first time of filling those forms, ( i said yes )

CBP- Is your husband coming too?
ME- Hopefully.

He handed my passport back and said Enjoy your stay.

NOTE--

No document were checked, not even my LO's receipts.

I wish every mama n papa on this trend good luck, Y"all shall share good news too.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 3:42pm On May 24, 2017
Please everyone! Goodafternoon. I'm new to this forum. But have been following it for a while. I need a hospital in houston that is very affordable. Due for October.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifybabe4real: 3:59pm On May 24, 2017
papi7:
My CBP story __

We flew Delta 22nd of May, me and my L.O. The ticket was cost as F*ck but we had choice because of the stress in flying them golf countries ( Etihad, Emirates & Qatar ) airlines.
We got to ATLANTA 5.25am, 41 mins ahead of schedule. FROM PLANE TO CPB- The QUEUE was moderate.

ME- Good morning
CBP- Good morning

ME- CHICAGO.

ME- 4 months.

Me- YesKe

CBP- Oh, that's over 10k, so i will have to send you over to customs to declare your cash

ME- OK, thanks.

CBP- Pls move over there and put your 4 fingers for thumbprint after that camera.

ME- Done with that...

Me- Yes.

That's all.

HE CALLED A LADY OVER TO COME TAKE US TO THE CUSTOMS, HE GAVE HER MY PASSPORT AND A CUSTOM FORM, THEN RETURN MY L.O's PASSPORT TO ME.

2nd CBP-

so, he was looking at the pic to ask if it was mine so i could come over to the counter, so moved closer and smiled and he said ( am sorry i couldn't pronounce your name ) then i said it's fine.

so he asked.

ME- Yes.

ME- August.

HE ASKED TO SEE THE CASH, I SHOWED HIM THE ENVELOP ABOUT TO BRING OUT THE CASH, HE SAID NEVER MIND. ( I GUESS HE JUST WANTED TO SEE THE CASH )

ME- Hopefully.

NOTE--

I wish every mama n papa on this trend good luck, Y"all shall share good news too.

congrtas babes. please i send you a PM. lets talk more. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ddoy2003: 4:19pm On May 24, 2017
papi7:
My CBP story __

ME- Good morning
CBP- Good morning

ME- CHICAGO.

ME- 4 months.

Me- YesKe

ME- OK, thanks.

ME- Done with that...

Me- Yes.

That's all.

2nd CBP-

so he asked.

ME- Yes.

ME- August.

ME- Hopefully.

NOTE--

congratulations sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 8:01pm On May 24, 2017
On the issue of Nigerian banks and US citizenship...

It just occurred to me that the reason our banks may not want the complication of a US citizen's (baby) account is the Foreign Account Tax Compliant Act (FATCA)..

It is an interesting act that kind of compels foreign financial institutions (FFI) to provide the IRS with information on US citizens for tax purposes or risk being slammed a 30% withholding tax on all US sourced income.

Because of this "strict" penalty many banks are simply refusing to do business with Americans to save themselves the administrative headache of reporting the accounts.

CBN sent out a circular in January 2015 advising our financial institutions to comply with FATCA.

So, yes, even your baby's bank account has to be reported to IRS. For instance a six month old american citizen in Canada got a letter from the bank her parents opened an account for her that she needs to comply with fatca...lol.

See the following links for more info

http://www.myfinancialintelligence.com/opinion/fatca-why-financial-institutions-nigeria-should-care

https://www.quora.com/What-is-FATCA-Foreign-Account-Tax-Compliance-Act-What-is-its-reasoning-and-need

https://www.angloinfo.com/blogs/global/us-tax/2452-2/

http://ipolitics.ca/2016/04/14/so-now-the-cra-is-going-after-infants/

See the price our American children have to pay? Even if they grow up and remain in Nigeria they still have to pay tax somehow.

Note: I am NEITHER a banker NOR lawyer. I have no idea or experience how the banking sector works.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YETI28: 8:50pm On May 24, 2017
papi7:
My CBP story __

ME- Good morning
CBP- Good morning

ME- CHICAGO.

ME- 4 months.

Me- YesKe

ME- OK, thanks.

ME- Done with that...

Me- Yes.

That's all.

2nd CBP-

so he asked.

ME- Yes.

ME- August.

ME- Hopefully.

NOTE--

Nice one..pls I just sent u a mail..pls mail me back..so we can chat..thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by augustmom2be: 9:01pm On May 24, 2017
Please has anyone used holy cross hospital, Maryland? Can u please suggest an affordable doctor .obgyn and paediatrician. And if possible how much did ur Hosp bill come to. I can pm if u want. Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by QUEENBIZ: 9:42pm On May 24, 2017
MiddyO:
Please who can help me with Del Sol's contact for VOA? I have sent him a couple of messages but no response.

When is your travel date ma'am? Send me PM & let's see if I can be of help. I've got a link as well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kbek: 11:16pm On May 24, 2017
Hello please I need clarifications. I lost my baby last year June two day before a booked c section because the baby was bridged, and Am pregnant again so I decided to have my baby in the us, and Have not been there before, so I applied for a B2, got a doctor and hospital already. They sent me latter. My question is if the doctor suppose to send the embassy a copy to the latter too.And what am suppose to go with when going for the interview, what question am I to expect. Even though I planned saying the truth.
Please i need your answers thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kunsoft(m): 11:42pm On May 24, 2017
Good day everyone,
Please i need format for letter of intent for my wife. we already have visa that will expire next year.

send to kumuyiduro@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 12:25am On May 25, 2017
modath:

Why would they "want"? Is there any reason to replicate a birth certificate? One BC is enough,looking for another/more is mere exercise in futility..... some actions we take "just because" may come back to haunt the innocent child in the future... IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE IN LAW....

BANKS PLENTY DEY TROWEY,If one is doing strong head, carry ya kaya and on to the next, when nor be by force to join a particular one?!!!

@ miracletwinee ... wehdonema , ya head is dey dia... Better safe than sorry... cool
IMO having 2 BCs is like have 2 Int'l Passports. So far they have same information stating the actual fact. BCs issued in Nigeria is to record a Child's birth by NPC, they should be the one to state if children (Nigerian citizen) born outside the shores of Nigeria should/shouldn't be registered in Nigeria.
I don't agree a document stating the fact can affect anyone adversely in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 7:29am On May 25, 2017
borryworld:
IMO having 2 BCs is like have 2 Int'l Passports. So far they have same information stating the actual fact. BCs issued in Nigeria is to record a Child's birth by NPC, they should be the one to state if children (Nigerian citizen) born outside the shores of Nigeria should/shouldn't be registered in Nigeria.
I don't agree a document stating the fact can affect anyone adversely in the future.

Please. Just stop it for the love of God.

Think about what you are saying. It's like saying because you have a Nigerian BC, you can go and collect American BC as well just because you feel like.

I have held my tongue on this matter but this takes the cake in terms of misinformation.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dtush(f): 8:03am On May 25, 2017
Kbek:
Hello please I need clarifications. I lost my baby last year June two day before a booked c section because the baby was bridged, and Am pregnant again so I decided to have my baby in the us, and Have not been there before, so I applied for a B2, got a doctor and hospital already. They sent me latter. My question is if the doctor suppose to send the embassy a copy to the latter too.And what am suppose to go with when going for the interview, what question am I to expect. Even though I planned saying the truth.

Hi, Sorry about your loss. But my advise to you is this

Take your time to read through the different parts of this thread. Start from the beginning. Arm yourself with a pen and jotter.

You will see different lists as posted by a lot of pple, with clear details of documents u will need to prepare and visa interview transcripts. Dedicated about 2 days or so. You might not even read parts 1& 2 before you get all the clear details u need

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:38am On May 25, 2017
Kbek:

So,so sorry about your loss. I would advice that you take timeout to read this thread in order for you to be adequately prepared.
Now to the answer to your question,no the doctor is not suppose to send a copy of the letter to the embassy,you are suppose to go with the letter when going for your interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Harisbabe: 12:32pm On May 25, 2017
Thanks every1 dat helped with suggestions on how to get my PTA. I had a chat with gtbank customer care online and i refused to end the chat until d customer service officer called d operations manager of the branch i went to. I was told to bring the documents and was told the d staff dat attended to me ddnt understand dat i had documents to back up my maiden name being on passport and different from account number. I latter got d PTA sha. Thanks all

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 12:45pm On May 25, 2017
borryworld:
IMO having 2 BCs is like have 2 Int'l Passports. So far they have same information stating the actual fact. BCs issued in Nigeria is to record a Child's birth by NPC, they should be the one to state if children (Nigerian citizen) [/b]born outside the shores of Nigeria [b]should/shouldn't be registered in Nigeria.
anonymousmum:

Please. Just stop it for the love of God.

Think about what you are saying. It's like saying because you have a Nigerian BC, you can go and collect American BC as well just because you feel like.

I have held my tongue on this matter but this takes the cake in terms of misinformation.
For same love of God, I have to marry your comment and mine. I will also explain the bolded a little FYI

1.IMO= In My Own Opinion
2.NPC= National Population Commission
3.Citizen of Nigeria (also known as Nigerian Citizenship)=I have shared extract from the constitution earlier
4.Should/shouldn't= authority to decide (base on rules & regulations)
5.Fact= Very deep and wide with many attributes e.g true always, constant over time, verifiable and can come in different form)

NB: Assumption here is that Children in discuss are holding both Nigerian (due to lineage) and American (due to place of birth) citizenship

Kindly help identify the mis from the information above

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Harisbabe: 12:50pm On May 25, 2017
Travelled on 22nd with turkish airline with my preggy sis too. Was asked to still get fit to fly from port health cos i was over 28weeks. Asked y it was not d website nd dey apologised. I tink naija is just using it to get moni from ppl.

Got to turkey and had jfk plane was already boarding b4 we got out of our naija plane. Come see all jfk bound passengers running. Thank God we ddnt miss d flight.

Arrived jfk around 10:45am, joined d line for self service machine, finished and was sent to an officer.

Me: gudmrning

Cbp: gudmrning, ao long will u be here

Me: 3 months

Cbp: pupose of visit
Me: delivery nd vaacation

Cbp: which state
Me: houston

Cbp: do u av family nd frends there
Me: no, but i av frends in atlanta so i ll be attending a wedding b4 proceeding

Cbp: y did u choose houston, how much do u have

Me: told him d amount.

He stamped me in for 6 months and sent me to agric. Agric scaned my bags nd dat was all. The whole process from plane to cbp ddnt even take up to 30mins.

Same tin for my sis and anoda preggy dat we all bonded on d plane nd moved togeda

Wen my sis got to cbp dey were already laffing @ her dat see another pregnant woman cos all 3 of us finished @ d same time.

My sis paspport was only stamped but no date so we told her to go back nd g officer made jest of her dat does she want to stay morw dan 6momths

Thanks for all d info and help. Wish all mamas safe trip nd safe delivery

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by QUEENBIZ: 1:06pm On May 25, 2017
justwise:

I really hope that she does that or somebody else that knows the process because this idea of using contact within the embassy to get VOA will not work here.

The passport booklet is not available but when you contact the insider within the embassy the booklet becomes available?

We need to stop feeding those corrupt Nigerian embassy workers

Hello...I really need to get something clear as regards the VOA. Do u mean that one can actually process it as stated on the Nigeria Immigration Service website without any contact help?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by agumesia(f): 1:41pm On May 25, 2017
Hi,pls can anybody recommend any cheap hospital in Atlanta for childbirth purpose and also how do I prepare my budget sheet .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by agumesia(f): 2:20pm On May 25, 2017
Pls can anyone who has recently given birth in Atlanta answer the following questions. 1 affordable hospital in Atlanta preferably not more than $8000 .2 experience at the point of entry 3.how to prepare my budget sheet.4 doctors contact in Atlanta . Tnks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Blackgolden: 2:29pm On May 25, 2017
Hello house, plz I need clarification on sometime.

I'm flying Lufthansa next month and I'll be 22 weeks pregnant then. Please has anyone flew Lufthansa recently and what do I need to send, take or hold for the airline?

Also will I need to do the medical clearance at the airport too? Any other advice will be appreciated.

I'm taking a fit to fly from my doctor though, just in case.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 3:03pm On May 25, 2017
borryworld:

My question for those who has gotten a Nigerian passport for their Yankee LO, What is stated as the place of birth?

USA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 5:27pm On May 25, 2017
QUEENBIZ:

Hello...I really need to get something clear as regards the VOA. Do u mean that one can actually process it as stated on the Nigeria Immigration Service website without any contact help?
yes, you can. kindly follow the steps carefully.

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.