Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,763 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976208 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jordie: 11:58am On Jul 23, 2017
Hello everyone,
Anyone in the house who has made booking to Newyork for 1st week in August, pls share airline and cost. I usually fly BA but the price is out of budget. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aladejohn(m): 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hi House, my wife is going to Maryland for delivery in august.
Any idea on the best hospital when considering price? Holy Cross hospital is demanding 6000 dollars initial deposit while doctor fees is 2000 dollars. Everything is already looking in the big side. Wanna know the experience of those that delivered in Maryland. Best/cheapest package.
Need help on this please. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fshady: 5:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
Vans1:
Any Houston bound mama this aug need to share apartment. Pm me

Hi,

Please is this offer still available? I am in Houston currently and will give birth early August by God's grace. Looking for who to share accommodation with. please contact me if it's still valid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fshady:

@ Vans1 I don't know how to PM just yet. But, I am interested. Thank you.

How many times do you want to post this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fshady: 5:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
Good day all,

I am new on this Forum and a first time Houston mom. I am currently in Houston and I'm due early August. Please is there anyone that has an affordable place already and want to share? I will appreciate prompt responses please. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fshady: 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
justwise:

How many times do you want to post this?

I am so sorry if my post offend you. it's my first time here, I don't know how things work yet. Do accept my apology.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
[quote author=kristinbaby post=58598640][/quote]

Dear check the month of June to early July on this thread. you will see the information you are looking for....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by michnib: 1:59am On Jul 24, 2017
Ayokunle07:
Good people of NL
My DW flew Qatar Airways at 34w4d and arrived Atlanta yesterday. The journey was long. The layover was about 9 hours and Qatar pulled an unfortunately ugly card. We had arranged their complimentary hotel from Lagos (they call it STPC, I have no idea what it means) and on the morning of the flight, we got the printed voucher. Only for her to get to Doha and they told her there was no more space in the hotel. She had to wait at the airport all through the night, not minding that she is a pregnant woman o. It was in the morning she was told to go sit at the Priority area. She said they gave them food though.
Fast forward to ATL, no fireworks. The CBP just asked her what she was there for and she told them to have her baby. Dazol! The man then told her to always carry her receipts. Not one document asked.
I will update the house when the rest of the missionary journey is complete.

Hi Ayokunle07, Please what is this MEDIF form you said your wife filled. My wife will be flying sooner, but using BA, I don't know if this form will concern her.

Please does anyone have an idea of likely questions asked at POE, though we have all documents right, hospital correspondence, zero balance of our first child,...

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 5:45am On Jul 24, 2017
Pls anyone with an idea of the days for walking at the embasy for notery form. Place help. Dh needs the information for this week
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doomel: 8:53am On Jul 24, 2017
Dhollargurl:
Hello everyone, so I gave birth to my cute little princess upper Wednesday (July 5) , thanks to people that have been sending their wishes. And I'm so sorry that I've not been replying mails, esp naija greatest and naija summary. Will reply asap. So far, B.C and SSN have been gotten, waiting for the notarized form from Naija to apply for her U.S passport. However, naija consulate in Atlanta seems to be having some kinda issue at the moment , which is making application for her naija passport impossible for now, I'm still waiting for them tho but if by first week in August it's d same, will have to do visa-on-arrival. Although, I don't know how that works or how long it takes, hoping someone will enlighten me. Thank you all and by the way, I used Piedmont Atlanta, awesome hospital.

Congratulations! Please can you send the total cost your bill came to for piedmont, doctors and all to me: dihensekhien@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 10:43am On Jul 24, 2017
michnib:

Hi Ayokunle07, Please what is this MEDIF form you said your wife filled. My wife will be flying sooner, but using BA, I don't know if this form will concern her.

Please does anyone have an idea of likely questions asked at POE, though we have all documents right, hospital correspondence, zero balance of our first child,...

Thanks in anticipation.

Hello please how much did u get your BA flight and how did u book it of you don't mind. thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iphiechuks: 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2017
Christine77:
Please if it is a credit card he is using to pay, note that some airlines might request to see said credit card or want to speak to the owner. (This happened to my bro but outside naija so I dnt know)

Okay, Thnks for the heads up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayokunle07(m): 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2017
MEDIF form is specific to Qatar. I think Emirates too has a form but I doubt if you need that kind of document for BA other than a doctor's fit to fly. You can call them up sha and thoroughly check their website for info on expecting moms.

michnib:

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SleekFullah(f): 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
[quote author=michnib post=58767732]

Hi... Your wife doesn't need a MEDIF form for BA... What she needs is a comprehensive fit to fly letter from her doctor. The letter must not be more than 10 days old from the date of her departure. I got mine two days to the date of my departure. Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by michnib: 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
[quote author=SleekFullah post=58797048][/quote]

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by michnib: 10:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
Thank you

Ayokunle07:
MEDIF form is specific to Qatar. I think Emirates too has a form but I doubt if you need that kind of document for BA other than a doctor's fit to fly. You can call them up sha and thoroughly check their website for info on expecting moms.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by michnib: 11:07pm On Jul 24, 2017
I got it at 1.2m (wife and carry on lap baby), I walked in to the airport to buy the ticket. Though the lady said that on return my daughter will have a seat instead of being on lap.

Prices i got were very high so I decided to go to the airport. Those airport boys around will try confuse you that BA office is closed and that you will not be allowed in, just ignore them and go to the Departure.

You can try check for multi city if you have UK visa the difference is less 100k. Just to reduce the travel stress.

I hope this help. Cheers.

urblackpearl:

Hello please how much did u get your BA flight and how did u book it of you don't mind. thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 2:17am On Jul 25, 2017
Vans1:
Hello please anyone in need of shared apartment pls pm me.my wife is bored and needs company. Just to help link her up with someone. She's in Houston now

If offer is still up let me know
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 6:46am On Jul 25, 2017
michnib:
I got it at 1.2m (wife and carry on lap baby), I walked in to the airport to buy the ticket. Though the lady said that on return my daughter will have a seat instead of being on lap.

Prices i got were very high so I decided to go to the airport. Those airport boys around will try confuse you that BA office is closed and that you will not be allowed in, just ignore them and go to the Departure.

You can try check for multi city if you have UK visa the difference is less 100k. Just to reduce the travel stress.

I hope this help. Cheers.

very helpful. thank u!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oadeyeye: 10:34am On Jul 25, 2017
just got mine over the phone with BA for first week sept for 704k with my toddler
stopping over in london on return leg for few days

jordie:
Hello everyone,
Anyone in the house who has made booking to Newyork for 1st week in August, pls share airline and cost. I usually fly BA but the price is out of budget. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 11:13am On Jul 25, 2017
doomel:

Congratulations! Please can you send the total cost your bill came to for piedmont, doctors and all to me: dihensekhien@gmail.com. thanks

Please share these info here. So others can benefit.

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
Someone has dollars for sale at N364. Abuja residents preferably.
Pls holla cool

Only serious interests pls. I'm a full time career mom grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baldman: 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am delighted to be here. I have never had to post on this thread...but I am happy to be doing so now.. I recently got married and now we are having a baby!!!. My Older Sister lives in the US and so do my parents ( dad is aged and mum in her 60s). I applied for a US visa in 2015 when I was still single ( with no travel history) and in practice as a legal practitioner ( earning 220k gross) and I was refused. Fastforward to now, I am married ( went to dubai on honeymoon) and would like to visit the US with my wife later in the year and subsequently for her to have her baby in the US so that my Mum can take care of her and the baby. I earn about 600k (gross) and ( 460k net) with some annual allowances. I work as a Personal Assistant to the Chairman of an oil company. My wife works as a customer service exec in an interior decor company earning 120k per month. I can have a balance of about N2million in my account by the end of the year and may be 3.5m by February. we are expecting our baby in March 2018. My questions

When is the best time to apply for visa?
From the financial point of view, what is our chance?
From the family ties point of view? Do we stand a chance?

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
2M by the end of the year is quite small and it may look like you cannot afford the trip to the VO.

On the other hand, the VO may not even check your statements of account as was the case with me and hubby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baldman: 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2017
What balances should I work towards? And what is the timeline I could adopt
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
baldman:
What balances should I work towards? And what is the timeline I could adopt

there's no specific balance per se. u need to get a quote from a doctor and hospital. and have enough money to prove that you can pay the bills. the timeline depends on when you want to travel.

regarding your family ties. I'm not sure how the VO will see it. He has to be convinced you will return home.

would you consider your wife did applying alone at first with you as her sponsor?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2017
I think you have more ties to the US than Nigeria, and this may may not work in your favour. In my own opinion, let your wife apply alone and act as her sponsor, and have a bank statement available to back that up.

For the best time to apply, i suggest you start contacting hospitals and doctors now and make a decision, build ur correspondence with your choice doctor. If Baby is due in march, she needs to be in the US, late January or early feb. Apply sometime in September, when the summer rush is down, hoping you get an interview date late sept or early oct. So u have enough time after she gets her visa to plan and in the event of refusal, you have time to reapply b4 her due date.

For the finances, depending on the state you are going to, I'll say have $10,000, then you are good to go.

baldman:
Hello Everyone,

I am delighted to be here. I have never had to post on this thread...but I am happy to be doing so now.. I recently got married and now we are having a baby!!!. My Older Sister lives in the US and so do my parents ( dad is aged and mum in her 60s). I applied for a US visa in 2015 when I was still single ( with no travel history) and in practice as a legal practitioner ( earning 220k gross) and I was refused. Fastforward to now, I am married ( went to dubai on honeymoon) and would like to visit the US with my wife later in the year and subsequently for her to have her baby in the US so that my Mum can take care of her and the baby. I earn about 600k (gross) and ( 460k net) with some annual allowances. I work as a Personal Assistant to the Chairman of an oil company. My wife works as a customer service exec in an interior decor company earning 120k per month. I can have a balance of about N2million in my account by the end of the year and may be 3.5m by February. we are expecting our baby in March 2018. My questions

When is the best time to apply for visa?
From the financial point of view, what is our chance?
From the family ties point of view? Do we stand a chance?

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jordie: 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2017
Thanks, will give them a call.
oadeyeye:
just got mine over the phone with BA for first week sept for 704k with my toddler
stopping over in london on return leg for few days

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Unfelt: 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2017
hello everyone, please does anyone have information of hospitals and cost of delivery and all in Florida....Secondly, i got my unused visa sometime last year and i wasnt pregnant, can i use the visa now without having to change my intent cause the visa is more than a year....

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.