Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978168 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:56am On Aug 14, 2017
You stand a chance of getting a visa especially if you can proof that you can cover the cost for the trip and have strong ties back home in Nigeria e.g. your job which you have stated pays well.
So you be your own sponsor, if you ask me.
If the babies father is still singing the same song with you ( you know what I mean) then you can put his name on BC then go with the notorised form for that purpose to get American passport and his ie passport page and consent letters for Nigeria embassy runs ( I said letters depending on the final decision you take when you get there) passport, visa or ETC.
Finally if he ( ie baby dad) is not on the planet again you might consider not putting his name on BC for now just to get you guys home easy. It can be added latter.

Moqq:
Hello house,

Please I need VO and POE firsthand feedback from any single mum or anyone who knows any single mum. I need info so as to apply for my visa.
I want to use my dad as my sponsor and I also have a great paying job, so proof of burden should not be a problem.
Got my hospital and doctor correspondence already.
Do I stand a chance of getting my visa?

Biko help a sister.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Unfelt: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2017
After 5 years of trying for a baby, taking hormonal drugs that clearly affect her monthly cycle u think the first thing that will come to her mind when she misses a period is to take a pregnancy test?? who died and made you the the pregnancy police?? with PCOS some women do not even see their periods for months nd months....So how can u, with no knowledge of her fertility history call her/him a liar Now, i ask, if you go around insulting and judging people like this," what does the future hold for home trainings & the country"
Ayotundesh:

Choi!
Which kind lie be this??
10 weeks in June, due date November??

This is quite annoying,if you are a parent or about to be a father or a mother & u lie like this, to the embassy and then to us on this platform...what does the future hold for home trainings & the country

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cutieb(f): 11:17am On Aug 14, 2017
I have attached a sample of budget sheet..

Thanks to everyone for the congratulatory messages.

Qatar baggage allowance for economy is 23kg each (2 bags for yourself and 1 23kg bag for LO with free check in of stroller and carseat not included in the 23kg o)

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Suzyt: 11:37am On Aug 14, 2017
Many thanks. Grateful for the baggage allowance information. Congrats once again.

cutieb:
I have attached a sample of budget sheet..

Thanks to everyone for the congratulatory messages.

Qatar baggage allowance for economy is 23kg each (2 bags for yourself and 1 23kg bag for LO with free check in of stroller and carseat not included in the 23kg o)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baldman: 11:47am On Aug 14, 2017
I earn a little over half a million per month ( working with an indigenous company) My wife earns about 120k. My parents live in the US ( aged) as well as my elder sister ( different homes). What are our chances from the finances point of view? Thanks in anticipation of your wise guidance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fasttrack(m): 11:50am On Aug 14, 2017
please who has a sample of a consent letter to collect a babys birth cirtificate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Moqq: 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
Much thanks chibertha.
Hopefully I will bring testimonies from my VO and POE experience.

chibertha:
You stand a chance of getting a visa especially if you can proof that you can cover the cost for the trip and have strong ties back home in Nigeria e.g. your job which you have stated pays well.
So you be your own sponsor, if you ask me.
If the babies father is still singing the same song with you ( you know what I mean) then you can put his name on BC then go with the notorised form for that purpose to get American passport and his ie passport page and consent letters for Nigeria embassy runs ( I said letters depending on the final decision you take when you get there) passport, visa or ETC.
Finally if he ( ie baby dad) is not on the planet again you might consider not putting his name on BC for now just to get you guys home easy. It can be added latter.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baldman: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
Dear All, I need someone to help with some wise guidance on this post .
baldman:
I earn a little over half a million per month ( working with an indigenous company) My wife earns about 120k. My parents live in the US ( aged) as well as my elder sister ( different homes). What are our chances from the finances point of view? Thanks in anticipation of your wise guidance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iphiechuks: 2:41pm On Aug 14, 2017
baldman:
I earn a little over half a million per month ( working with an indigenous company) My wife earns about 120k. My parents live in the US ( aged) as well as my elder sister ( different homes). [b]What are our chances from the finances point of view? Thanks in anticipation of your wise guidance
Finances point of view = okay. Your family abroad, how did they get there? That is also wat u need to consider and also other ties back home.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baldman: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2017
My Sis Visa got in through Visa Lottery, and later filed for my parents. They are all naturalized now. Thanks for your interest

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 9jabiggurl: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
Guys can we just cut this like right now.

I conceived my first 5years ago in March and had him November 30th...so no big deal. The poster came here for advice not for us to analyze her pregnancy et all. If she says 10 weeks in June and EDD November...SO BE IT!....Tailor your advice to suit her question.PERIOD!

Ayotundesh:

Im not sure it's true...March conceptions should not have an EDD of November, even 30th.

Thank you

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
baldman:

Nothing ventured,nothing gained,that's my philosophy in life. From the salaries aspect i think You guys are ok,but again,a lot of other factors come in, for example,amongst others,how much is your bank balance? What's your travel history etc,but then again none of these questions might come up,who knows. Juse go prepared as much as you can and pray for favour. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iphiechuks: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2017
baldman:
My Sis Visa got in through Visa Lottery, and later filed for my parents. They are all naturalized now. Thanks for your interest
See 2 comments below of Babatwi advice. There is no hard and fast rule to that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2017
To the best of my knowledge non ( that is you are talking of US BC ) just walk into the facility where you intend to collect it with your id. The forms are there for you to fill FOC. The rest is as directed at the location.

fasttrack:
please who has a sample of a consent letter to collect a babys birth cirtificate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by salmae(f): 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2017
olukemiyemi:
Good day people.

I wanted to share my experience has I have gained a lot reading from what other people share on here. This is the second baby I've had in the US. The first was in Virginia, while I stayed in with family in Maryland. Virginia is significantly cheaper depending on your choice but distance was a major challenge for me. This time we decided to do Houston because it was going to be more cost effectve.

I traveled with Turkish airline on May 27th to JFK and spent time with my friends before heading out to Houston. Point of entry was surprisingly easy, I did self check in, printed out a receipt and only thing I was asked was the kind of food I had on me. No questions asked my purpose of visit or my big tummy (I was huge). I was really grateful for that.

I had gone very far with planning for Houston before I noticed in the document one of the doctors sent me that they do not allow VBAC (virginal birth after CS). I found out later that this was a Texas thing, most hospitals will not allow a woman that has had a previous CS try to get birth vaginally. This is my 3rd, I had a VBAC with my second, so I didn't see any reason to have a planned C-Section. We searched for Drs would do VBAC and we found one who uses Ben Taub. The cost estimates was significantly higher than using Oak bend or any of the other cost effective hospitals/doctors. The Dr's fees alone was about $5400 for normal delivery, so I contacted a midwife/birthing center as back up.

I visited both the midwife and the Drs at Ben Taub (they are 5 minutes apart in distance) but we eventually settled for the birthing center because my chances of having a natural delivery and staying within my budget was better. We had Ben Taub as backup in case going to the hospital became necessary.

My baby came on the 12th of July at the birthing center, it was easy and the best birthing experience of my three births. Baby came 2 weeks late and was happy to not have been under any pressure to be induced. Antenatal visits was easy and schedules flexible, service was very personal, midwife came home to check on us after the birth, they had free group prenatal classes and breastfeeding support meetings.

I know people on here have made a valid point of the risk of using birthing centers but for VBAC mums like me, who really want do things naturally and are low risk, its definitely an option. Also a cheaper option if you are low risk.

I got the birth certificate in less than a week, I've got the passport and also got approval for the Nigerian visa on arrival in less than 24 hours. I sent an e-mail with all necessary documents to the immigrations email address (oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng) and was very impressed to hear back from them same day.

Congratulations. Was just wondering how you did self check in. Is that open to everyone or there are special things one must have to do a self check in?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Blueberryblast: 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
Hello Gurus in the House, Someone asked me if its possible for her to obtain her Baby Birth certificate, US passport and Nigeria visa or visa on arrival without her baby father consent. Note, she is a regular traveler to the US and has a visa already,. Pls anyone with useful information on this,should help out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favoredgal: 8:26pm On Aug 14, 2017
Austine2020:
Hello Gurus in the House, Someone asked me if its possible for her to obtain her Baby Birth certificate, US passport and Nigeria visa or visa on arrival without her baby father consent. Note, she is a regular traveler to the US and has a visa already,. Pls anyone with useful information on this,should help out.

Yes if she fills unknown father on the birth certificate after birth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favoredgal: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2017
Blueberryblast:
Hello house,
please i apologize in advance for dragging everyone back with my question. I have an emergency and its a bit urgent that's why.

I went to the post office for my baby's US passport, they told me i had to bring a notarized consent from hubby. The post office guy gave me the consent form and said i can scan it to DH. when he's done with notarization, he can scan back to me and i can print and bring.
i just went there now with a printed copy of the notarized form and the lady i saw today said they won't accept it, that he has to find a way to send back the original notarized form to me from Nigeria before i can apply for a US passport.

My question is:
1) Please is there anyhow i can go about this US passport thing without wasting time trying to courier the notarized consent form cos i need to leave here in a matter of days as i have an emergency?

2)someone told me i can get the US passport within 24hours or on a 2weeks processing basis depending on which one i choose, but the lady said i have to wait for 6weeks to get it. 6weeks is totally a no-no for me right now as i dont even have up to that amount of time.
Please how can i expedite the US passport and what will it cost please?

3) can i also use this same notarized consent form for the Nigerian visa? if not, please what consent letter or form do i need from hubby to process the Nigerian visa?

Please help me o! I'm appealing?
TIA.

No way around it, scanned copy are not accepted. He has to courier it to you. Some courier companies have fast services or he goes to the airport to look for someone going to your city

Same day / 24 hours you have to go to the passport office yourself. Using a post office service, minimum wait time is at least 4 weeks or 6 like you have been told

Nigerian visa....hmm. I haven't logged in for over three months but a quick scan of the page show lots of people now use visa on arrival. Madam, if only you have bothered to read you would have been equipped with everything you need to handle your emergency

All the best

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Blueberryblast: 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Otokini01: 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2017
salmae:

Congratulations. Was just wondering how you did self check in. Is that open to everyone or there are special things one must have to do a self check in?

Please how much did you use in acquiring your baby's documents in houston? Im trying to draw out my budget
favoredgal:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 9:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
favoredgal:

Ok Dear,thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:28am On Aug 15, 2017
Take your time to go through the link below all you need is in there.
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html

Blueberryblast:
Hello house,
please i apologize in advance for dragging everyone back with my question. I have an emergency and its a bit urgent that's why.

I went to the post office for my baby's US passport, they told me i had to bring a notarized consent from hubby. The post office guy gave me the consent form and said i can scan it to DH. when he's done with notarization, he can scan back to me and i can print and bring.
i just went there now with a printed copy of the notarized form and the lady i saw today said they won't accept it, that he has to find a way to send back the original notarized form to me from Nigeria before i can apply for a US passport.

My question is:
1) Please is there anyhow i can go about this US passport thing without wasting time trying to courier the notarized consent form cos i need to leave here in a matter of days as i have an emergency?

2)someone told me i can get the US passport within 24hours or on a 2weeks processing basis depending on which one i choose, but the lady said i have to wait for 6weeks to get it. 6weeks is totally a no-no for me right now as i dont even have up to that amount of time.
Please how can i expedite the US passport and what will it cost please?

3) can i also use this same notarized consent form for the Nigerian visa? if not, please what consent letter or form do i need from hubby to process the Nigerian visa?

Please help me o! I'm appealing?
TIA.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jamjam5000(f): 8:30am On Aug 15, 2017
Unfelt:
hello people, please the hospital i intend using in Florida is Broward Health, It is a walk in hospital so basically they do not give information on the phone or via email but my host recommends the hospital because of the proximity to the house. However, Holy Cross hospital has sent me registration forms, delivery cost and all via email but i do not intend to use their services, my question is can i use the Holy cross correspondence for POE, and if yes, does this mean its not necessary to make deposits before arriving??

Hi, don't think it is necessary to make a deposit until you are checked in for delivery. You should have enough money with you while travelling to show that you can cover all costs.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jordie: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2017
Good day everyone, in d spirit of giving back

I travelled on Sunday 13th August on Virgin Atlantic. Had almost 4hrs layover at Heathrow and took off to the US. Arrived JFK few minutes to 11 pm.
Lots of people. Queue was crazy, used the self check in. I think thats the new thing they do now. You get a receipt and move to immigration.
My line was quite fast. Got to the officer

Him: hello
Me: hi
Him: why are you in d US today?
Me: for vacation and to deliver my baby
Him: why US?
Me: for all the opportunities it offers
Him: why aren't you a US Citizen?
Me: my parents didn't give me that.
Him: you are !!!yrs old. You have this number of years to be in the USA.?
Me: my parents didn't give me that opportunity.
Him: how much do you have?
Me: !!!$
Him: you have !!!!ยก$?
Me: yes
Him who will you be staying with in Pennsylvania ?
Me: my elder sister.
Him: your sister lives here?
Me: yea
Him: you declared food. What type of food you have.?
Me: fish
Him: stamps my passport. Congratulations. Have a nice evening.
Everything took just about 5min

Off I left. Picked up my luggage and met my sis outside. We left for Pennsylvania that night. Arrived there around 4am.
Started my hospital search.

No matter what, JFK is easy breezy. Just be yourself and above all ask God for favor.
I wish others coming all the best, will update the family as the journey continues. Stay blessed.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by abdulmaj: 11:40am On Aug 15, 2017
Good Morning my wife went for her interview today and she was denied.
The question is can we reapply cos she is in her 33rd week going to 34th week. Can we reapply
and get a new interview date before she gets to her 36th week ?

This was the transcript

VO :is he your son (her pp was in my maiden name)
Dw :yes he is my son
Vo :why are you going to us
Dw :vacation and child birth
VO :how did u know about the hospital
Dw :i did my research via google and i like the review
VO: what are you doing for a living
Dw : i am a farmer. i'm into fishery and poultry
VO :what about your husband
Dw:he is the CEO of the farm
VO: so how much av u budgeted for the entire trip in usd
Dw: 15,500
VO:i'm sorry you didn't meet up with our requirements
handed her the blue paper

Could it be because she applied with my son alone without me or what ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baldman: 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
Thanks so much Babatwi,

We have both been to dubai and I should be going to London in few weeks. I understand it will cost on the average about $10-12k for the trip. I am quite concerned about having immediate family in the US, how much of a disadvantage is this? As you said, nothing ventured, nothing gained, but I really have to be sure I stand a chance at all before putting in my N120k ( Visa for 2).

Babatwi:

Nothing ventured,nothing gained,that's my philosophy in life. From the salaries aspect i think You guys are ok,but again,a lot of other factors come in, for example,amongst others,how much is your bank balance? What's your travel history etc,but then again none of these questions might come up,who knows. Juse go prepared as much as you can and pray for favour. All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 2:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
Moqq:
Hello house,

Please I need VO and POE firsthand feedback from any single mum or anyone who knows any single mum. I need info so as to apply for my visa.
I want to use my dad as my sponsor and I also have a great paying job, so proof of burden should not be a problem.
Got my hospital and doctor correspondence already.
Do I stand a chance of getting my visa?

Biko help a sister.
Thank you
Being a single mum will not be a hindrance in getting your visa. Having no ties is.

Try establishing your ties to your home country in this case your work ties since you have a good job. Hope you also have good travel history? If yes it will work for you. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2017
cutieb:
Hello house!
Thanks everyone who helped out in this journey.. o appreciate you all.. God bless
shocked you are one strong lady. Congrats dear

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
Unfelt:
hello people, please the hospital i intend using in Florida is Broward Health, It is a walk in hospital so basically they do not give information on the phone or via email but my host recommends the hospital because of the proximity to the house. However, Holy Cross hospital has sent me registration forms, delivery cost and all via email but i do not intend to use their services, my question is can i use the Holy cross correspondence for POE, and if yes, does this mean its not necessary to make deposits before arriving??
No need to make any payments b4 going. Yes you can go with a different hospital's correspondence.

Better to see the hospital and their facilities yourself before paying especially if no many reviews
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
baldman:
Thanks so much Babatwi,

We have both been to dubai and I should be going to London in few weeks. I understand it will cost on the average about $10-12k for the trip. I am quite concerned about having immediate family in the US, how much of a disadvantage is this? As you said, nothing ventured, nothing gained, but I really have to be sure I stand a chance at all before putting in my N120k ( Visa for 2).

The birth trip will cost more than what you stated. I used a cheap hospital in texas yet i spent close to $18000 accommodation inclusive.

No one can predict your chances just go with an open mind that it can swing both ways but hope for the best.

Having an immediate family in US is more an advantage than a disadvantage especially if they are legal residents. Fear not

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.