Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976445 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Iphydiamond: 12:26am On Sep 15, 2017
Udiboy:

Please anyone
Next week Thursday, reside in amuwo odofin area in Lagos.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 1:58am On Sep 15, 2017
Ayob3:

Please dear could you share with me as wellmy email address is setportablebamie@gmail.com
Share what dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 6:17am On Sep 15, 2017
kasope:
Hello everyone,
This is going to be a long post but I hope someone would learn from it like I have from other posters.

Here ends my long, drama filled waka. Sorry it is so long but put in all the details cos it might help someone. Even when the POE officer is being difficult, stand your ground and be confident cos they are trying to break you in case you are being dishonest.
All future preggy travelers, wish you all the best grin

Like a boss!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:35am On Sep 15, 2017
Wow congratulations for me learning point is for us all to be well informed
Know anything and everything, and don't be timid so you won't be intimidated at any point.
Thanks dear and good luck.

kasope:
Hello everyone,
This is going to be a long post but I hope someone would learn from it like I have from other posters.
Flew AirFrance, LOS-CDG flight was ok though plane was like 100yrs old undecided
AirFrance 10hrs layover in Paris gave me time to check-in to Yotel (airport hotel) and sleep comfortably.
Nightmare started before boarding CDG-NY flight.
Flight was over booked and 40 people had to be offloaded. Volunteers to go on next flight 3hrs later were requested with a 300Euros
confident cos they are trying to break you in case you are being dishonest.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Maggiespecial(f): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2017
kasope:
Hello everyone,
Flew AirFrance, LOS-CDG flight was ok though plane was like 100yrs old undecided
AirFrance 10hrs layover in Paris gave me time to check-in to Yotel (airport hotel) and sleep comfortably.
Nightmare started before boarding CDG-NY flight.
Flight was over booked and 40 people had to be offloaded. Volunteers to go on next flight 3hrs later were requested with a 300Euros compensation.
I eventually took compensation cos the delay would have caused me to miss my NY-ORD local flight and I would have needed to buy a new ticket.
Anyways got to NY around 10pm exhausted and requested a wheelchair. Was wheeled straight to immigration point (no queuing)

POE Conversation
Elderly black man, nice and asked me not to stand up from my chair.
Me: Hello (I smile)
POE: (smiles back) Hello. Can I have your passport? What are you here for?
Me: For holiday and have my baby later in the year
POE: Are you an immigrant?
Me: (Confused) No
POE: Asks me to 10-thumb print and was about to stamp passport
(This is my 4th US visa since 2008 with about 12 US trips so far so figured he didn’t have issues with me)
POE: Ma'am you'll have to go to the office
Me: OK no problem.
Was taken to the office and waited about 3mins
Office POE (Mexican): Looked and me says hello ma'am can you walk?
Me: Definitely
Office POE: Ok pls step forward. He sees me wince as I get up. Smiles condescendingly and says "Lemme guess why are you in America?"
Me: I am on holiday and having my baby later in the year (December)
Office POE: Looks at my passport and say "What did you tell them you were coming to do when you got your visa?"
Me: (knew what he was implying) I got my visa a long time ago (August 2016)
Office POE: That's not what I asked you
Me: Ok I said was coming on holiday. It was my regular dropbox renewal.
Office POE: So why are you using it for something else? (Didn't travel to US last year due forex drama)
Me: Well I am currently here on holiday. Will be going visiting in Chicago, North Carolina and Dallas before going to Houston later next month (I have tickets for all these trips already)
Office POE: Yes but did you inform the consular about that?
Me: Yes but I was told it was not necessary to inform them since I got my visa long before I conceived. (I didn't call but I knew from this forum)
Office POE: Really? They said so? Who did you tell?
Me: The US embassy in Lagos
Office POE: I know…where?
Me: Walter Carrington VI (am slightly annoyed at this point and glare at him)
Office POE: So why can’t you have your baby in Nigeria?
Me: I want the best medical treatment I can get
Office POE: So you don’t have doctors in Nigeria?
Me: We in fact have very good doctors in Nigeria but do not have the best infrastructure. They can only work with what they have
Office POE: Ok so do you have contact with a doctor in the US?
Me: Yes. (hands him my printed correspondence, proof of deposit to gynae and estimated bill doc sent me
Office POE: Why did you pay only $1000?
Me: Because my gynae fees are only about $3000 and I was asked to deposit a minimum of $250. However, the rest of the fees are directly to the hospital who I have contacted already. But due to the hurricane, I have been unable to process any payments as they have bigger emergencies right now.
Office POE: How much do you have?
Me: $12000 right now. $4000 in cash rest in my BOA account (I tried to show him my bank statement)
Office POE: So how do you intend to survive till December?
Me: I am only paying hospital bills and shopping for baby as I am staying with family. However, my husband will send me $xxxx every month extra till December
Office POE: (With sarcasm) and where will all this money come from?
Me: From earnings of course. We work. (I am calm but obviously ticked off at this point)
Office POE: How much do you earn?
Me: Show him husband's payslip and my business profile etc...
Office POE: (barely glancing at it) So you want to spend half of all your earnings on having a baby?
Me: (looks at him incredulously cos I don't know what he was calculating) Half? That is not up to half
Office POE: Ms xxxxx, you are very well spoken and seem to be an intelligent woman. So let’s do the calculations
Me: Yes I am an intelligent woman. I just showed you my husband's payslip and my business docs and that is not up to half plus we have two other businesses which I run (We do the calculation together and he was wrong in saying half)
Office POE: (He asks to see cash and I show him) He pauses and says I am worried that you seem to have come on expedition to America and with no concrete plans about the birth.
Me: I just explained to you why I have not made any full payments. There is a hurricane in Houston which I cannot control. In fact I have made alternative arrangements with McArthur OBGYN in Dallas in case there is an emergency before I get to Houston.
Office POE: My problem is you people… (I interrupt him and say which people?)
Office POE: (He says can you let me finish and I say ok but you need to allow me defend myself too) Foreigners come into the country and don’t pay their bills then become a liability to the US govt. You…
Me: (I cut in) What have I said to make to believe I am one of them? I showed you money and bank statements, documents to prove I have a birth plan with a doctor which you barely looked at. I definitely showed I have more than enough money to pay my bills and I have no records of breaking the law in any of my past trips
Office POE: (he flips through my two passports and see a lot of travel) What is the longest you’ve stayed in the US?
Me: 1 time was 4weeks, all the rest were between 1-3weeks
Office POE: So who is in Chicago, NC, Dallas?
Me: Family
Office POE: So since you know all this, why didn’t you pay for medical insurance?
Me: (Looking confused) Medical insurance? I don’t live or work in the US. How?
Office POE: Yes you can get medical insurance (in retrospect, I now realize he was baiting me)
Me: (at this point I was thinking toh, wo send me back if you want am tired) I honestly don’t know anything about a non-resident paying for medical insurance. You are just giving me new information. I have medical insurance at home and they will cover part of this bill too
Office POE: (he nods at the officer sitting next to him and thumbs up to someone behind me. I guess they had all been watching my body language) Ms xxxx I truly wish you all the best with your baby. I honestly dont mean you any harm. Pls just ensure you do the right thing and pay your bills. (he smiles and stamps my passport)
Me: No problem. I will. Thank you (was too tired to smile back)
Office POE: He gives my passport to dept of agric and they wheel me to another office
Agric officer: How many bags do you have? Do you have food?
Me: 1 bag. Only bouillon cubes. Beef flavor
2nd agric officer: Only one? Are you not Nigerian? No yam, egusi, indomie, dry fish etc
Me: (smiling) none of that. Just bouillon cubes
Agric Officer: Then this would be easy (everyone in the office is cracking jokes with me at this point asking me to stay and gist with them and all)
They scan my bag, give me my passport and wish me all the best with my baby.
The wheelchair guy insisted on taking me to my taxi. Since I had missed my ORD flight, I was sleeping in NY. Gave him a $20 tip for his help (plus he had seen my $4000 earlier, so didn’t want story. As a sharp Lagos girl, I had gone into the toilet and put the envelope inside my sokoto NY at almost midnight abeg I cannot shout). He kept saying God bless you.
Here ends my long, drama filled waka. Sorry it is so long but put in all the details cos it might help someone. Even when the POE officer is being difficult, stand your ground and be confident cos they are trying to break you in case you are being dishonest.

This will actually help me cos i will be goin to NY by december. Thank u soo much and God bless u real good

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ukemetuk: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2017
damkage:
Hi all, I landed New York few hours ago through JFK airport. The queue was long but had already requested for wheel chair few days to my departure from Lagos and it really helped. The only 2 questions the CBP officer asked was What I do for a living and what I'm in the United States for. and I answered him that I'm here for child birth. No further questions and he stamped me 6 months with B1 circled. I spent less than 1 minute with him. I wasn't sent to agriculture and declared more than $10k. I thought it was supposed to be B2 stamp.
I want to relax a bit and board my connecting flight later today.
God is forever grateful because he answered my prayers.

Hello All,

What if I ain't travelling with cash for childbirth? Can I just tell them at port of entry that my card is loaded? Do they check? Òr tell them my husband will be joining me?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by godfollower: 10:12am On Sep 15, 2017
hi all , wish you have a great day everyone .

i know i am asking same old questions , which are previously been asked.

i just want to know a good cheapest hospital in california or el paso . bound for march 2018 . so need to do all arrangements , have my visa already . please if anyone could guide me , for elpaso i know theres one doctores parati and i need to know in california , i do not have any relatives in usa , so would probably stay in an hotel .

thanks in advance.

god bless all

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Maggiespecial(f): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2017
Ukemetuk:

Hello All,

What if I ain't travelling with cash for childbirth? Can I just tell them at port of entry that my card is loaded? Do they check? Òr tell them my husband will be joining me?

was abt asking this question too because i dnt even plan to travel with cash up to $1000. Also its my husband that will be sponsoring me, hope his statement of account is enough for me to show them or he must transfer his money into my own account?
kindly advice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 11:24am On Sep 15, 2017
Ukemetuk:

Hello All,

The advantage of travelling with cash is that it saves you telling plenty story and assures the cbp officer right there that you can pay your bills.
I have read here of people that travelled with cash of $100 and told cbp officer that they had cash in their account and they were allowed in, i have also read here too of people that travelled with $4,000 and they told cbp officer that they had the balance in their account and and the cbp officer gave the person their wifi password and told her to log into her bank online and pull up her account details so that he could verify if she had enough to cover the cost of child birth. I have also read on this thread of someone that was sent back at poe for lack of funds and was not given the opportunity to pull up her account details.
So the decision is yours.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamatukwas: 11:53am On Sep 15, 2017
My people.... long time no see �.... I had thought my boots were hung for at least the next 3 years but Alas! see me here planning Feb 2018 trip �.

I've tried catching up a bit and it's good to see a lot of old timers here still, even though a lot of PMing seems to be the way things are run now �

I'm still trying to make up my mind between 3 options... My sister lives in Maryland but after what I saw for missionary journey number 2, I've told her not to be angry, na FaceTime go get us ���.... Anyhoo, it's good to be back. Ttyl! Ciao!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Yimiks: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2017
YoungMetrosG:

For the NICS bill, I had a $600 budget for it based on prior research. There's no way of knowing what the bill will be because you're charged based on the services your baby gets (this is what the NICS lady I spoke with over the phone and the lady who came in to do the hearing test said).

Getting the zero balance from Baylor was not easy at all. I called them DAILY! If what you meant by automated bill is the $30k+ bill they sent me, then yes. I had to keep calling to tell them I was self pay and pre-paid the flat rate fee which they confirmed and kept promising to send my zero balance. I kept on calling daily. I still got the $30k bill like two more times before I left the US. Didn't get my zero balance letters until like 2-3 months after I'd come back to Naij. So just keep calling them if you're in this situation.

Let me know if you need any more info

Thank you so much for your response.
I declined the hearing test. I got the automated 30k + bill too. I will keep calling for the zero balance.
I will share my experience soon.
Thank you so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Udiboy(f): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2017
Iphydiamond:

Next week Thursday, reside in amuwo odofin area in Lagos. Email alilionuifeoma@gmail.com

Sent you an email dear. Please check
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Maggiespecial(f): 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
Babatwi:

The advantage of travelling with cash is that it saves you telling plenty story and assures the cbp officer right there that you can pay your bills.
I have read here of people that travelled with cash of $100 and told cbp officer that they had cash in their account and they were allowed in, i have also read here too of people that travelled with $4,000 and they told cbp officer that they had the balance in their account and and the cbp officer gave the person their wifi password and told her to log into her bank online and pull up her account details so that he could verify if she had enough to cover the cost of child birth. I have also read on this thread of someone that was sent back at poe for lack of funds and was not given the opportunity to pull up her account details.
So the decision is yours.

wow
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elohim24: 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
good day everyone, I am a newbie on this thread and I will like to ask questions. DW is presently 11weeks old and we plan to apply for our visa next month. now, here are the questions
1. we are having virgin passports and neither of us has traveled before... would this affect our chances of getting the visa?
2. I work with immigration in Nigeria and hope to get an introduction letter from my office, she works with ministry of justice in her state, would the letter of introduction from her office help also?
3. should she declare her intention of giving birth? as we just want to apply for tourist visa
4. she will be staying with her family friends in Baltimore, should we get letter from them? the family is a green card bearer.
5. I don't intend to go with her now, I intend to join her when she give birth so that we can come back together as going with her now will add to our expenses, in this case would it affect me if I get visa now and did not go until she gives birth.
6. how much should be enough for hospitals, epidural and doctor's fee? I got one Doctores para ti in Texas, their bill is almost 6k... I believe she'll be in good hands with the family friends.
7. do we have to pay some bills before she go or we can pay everything when she gets there?
8. I intend to do all the processes directly, what's the success rate compare to those that went through agents?

your kind response will be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ayabemm16: 1:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
Check parkview community hospital or st Francis both in cali.

i know i am asking same old questions , which are previously been asked.

i just want to know a good cheapest hospital in california or el paso . bound for march 2018 . so need to do all arrangements , have my visa already . please if anyone could guide me , for elpaso i know theres one doctores parati and i need to know in california , i do not have any relatives in usa , so would probably stay in an hotel .

thanks in advance.

god bless all
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
Dhollargurl:

Share what dear

Please share with me the details of the hospital in Atlanta, doc's bill, e.t.c
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2017
elohim24:
good day everyone, I am a newbie on this thread and I will like to ask questions. DW is presently 11weeks old and we plan to apply for our visa next month. now, here are the questions
1. we are having virgin passports and neither of us has traveled before... would this affect our chances of getting the visa?
2. I work with immigration in Nigeria and hope to get an introduction letter from my office, she works with ministry of justice in her state, would the letter of introduction from her office help also?
3. should she declare her intention of giving birth? as we just want to apply for tourist visa
4. she will be staying with her family friends in Baltimore, should we get letter from them? the family is a green card bearer.
5. I don't intend to go with her now, I intend to join her when she give birth so that we can come back together as going with her now will add to our expenses, in this case would it affect me if I get visa now and did not go until she gives birth.
6. how much should be enough for hospitals, epidural and doctor's fee? I got one Doctores para ti in Texas, their bill is almost 6k... I believe she'll be in good hands with the family friends.
7. do we have to pay some bills before she go or we can pay everything when she gets there?
8. I intend to do all the processes directly, what's the success rate compare to those that went through agents?

Answers:
1) Travel history helps,but people with virgin passports have gotten visas too.
2) Yes,Introductory letters from your employers will help
3) CAPITAL NO, she shouldn't apply for a tourist visa,she should declare her intentions and apply for a medical visa, while you (husband)should apply for a tourist visa.
4) It's not necessary
5) No it will not affect you,you can both apply now,while you join her later.
6) Your budget will determine what your final expenses will be,search for budget sheet on the search space on top of this page,it will give you an idea.Also read up.
7) It depends on you and your service providers,some demand and accept upfront payments,while others don't.
cool Agent is a No No for me,I'll advice you read up here,it's not a complicated process,you can do it yourself. Do it yourself success rate is very high,in short ,this is a do it yourself forum.
I hope I've been of help.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by didismyname: 4:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hello House,

Please kindly assist with a doctor contact and hospital in New jersey, am due in december and i intend travelling in November but i have no correspondence whatsoever.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BootyliciousHon: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
So in the spirit of giving back...
Scheduled time for Emirates flight...5:50pm
Time i arrived at MMIA...3:30pm (i dont know the devil that put one kain traffic jam on the road)
Date of flight...sept. 12
Number of travellers...myself and active toddler
Flew at 34 weeks and 2days
Was asked for fit to fly before checkin...showed the emirates lady who then made a copy for me. Had one check in box. Picked up my hotel voucher as i had a 22hr layover in dubai. Got on the plane and was asked for my fit to fly which i gave them. I looked a lot bigger than 34 weeks though.
The flight was smooth as expected with goodies for my kid. Arrived dubai at 4am ish. Asked where to get the hotel shuttle and was directed. Got to the hotel and checked in. It was time for breakfast by then so i simply showed my boarding pass and went to eat at the restaurant. Went up to my room took a nice long bath and rested with my toddler. Had lunch and dinner same way and then checked out by 11pm. Hotel shuttle dropped us at the airport. Boarded my flight and landed Orlando international on Thursday 14th at 10am. It wasnt easy considering my big tummy but i survived.lol.
POE Experience
I was among the first to alight the plane so i was like the 4th in line. Ours was tge only flight. Only one other Nigerian family on the flight. I noticed the CBP officers were all smiles and joking with others...my turn
Me: good morning (with smiles)and hands over over passport to him
Him :good morning(with a smile)
Him : what brings you to the US today
Me: am here to have my baby
Him: youre pregnant? (Seems the smile reduced a bit or maybe i imagined it)
Me: yes i am
Him: how long will you be here for?
Me:10weeks
Him: how much to do you have on you?
Me: 960 dollars and the rest on my card (it was after i spoke i realised i didnt say how much was on the card)
Him:do you have any food items ( asking while looing at my landing card)
Me: yes. Just Dried fish
Him: place your 4 fingers and your thumb.( I do that) follow me and i'll take you to whom you will speak with. ( thats secondary inspection )
I get there and there's just one white man there. I sit and my toddler is busy talking and playing for Africa. The officer there is a woman
Woman:how long are you here for?
Me: 10 weeks ( am still sitting where i am as i answer) then i later go close to her
Her: when are you due
Me: october xx
Her: do you have a doctor?
Me: yes
Her: any documents to back it up?
Me : yes . I askes if she wants to see it and she responds in the affirmative. I hand it to her then go back to sit.
(Envelope contents: fit to fly, letter from doctor, cost estimate from hospital, budget sheet, BoA account statement, hospital registration, email correspondence with doctors office)
I sit for some minutes then she calls me to follow her. Says i should pick my bag and head to agric that my passport will be there and i can head out from there. Did that. Bag passed thru scanner...no need to open and inspect. Called my host and went home.
...so now we have a sample of orlando

Sorry for the long post

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tahar: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
Please can nayone help with el paso hospital. God bless as you do so
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
elohim24:
good day everyone, I am a newbie on this thread and I will like to ask questions. DW is presently 11weeks old and we plan to apply for our visa next month. now,

Congratss elohim24

Welcome to this DIY Database for birthing in America.

My first advice for you and your wifey is to take this thread as part time job, get notepads and start reading from say Part 3 and arm ourself with all the info you need plus peoples diverse experiwnces.

Some of the questions you asked shows what yoy need is not first answers but info. and this thread has it.

The issues is not about answering all these questions. but truth is the answers you make you have more questions and i bet you thats not the way to go first. Gather as much info as you can and come back for the tough ones.

1. Its not cast in stone Yes and No
2. Its good to have these lwtters - but its more about your application andnthe details
3. DECLARE YOUR INTENTION IS MUST and habe financial capability to prove your claim. THE TRUTH IS OUR SLOGAN HERE and its for your present and future good.
4. Invite letter not needed.
5. Not cast in stone. Many habe gone tpgether and got these visas. But i advise let her apply alone ans you serve as her tie to home. when she gets her visa and she is in the US then u can apply to go join her..
6.Family or not your budget should be aboit 12-15 k USD to show with proof at embassy.
7. its up to you and if the hospital accepts part payment ?
8. Good yoy want to do it yoyrself this is a Do It Yourself Thread. We do it ourselves and we believe you can too

After reading these i am sooo sure you now have more questions.

Please take time to read your wife is still 11weeks so you guys still havw some time.

Good luck and God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
didismyname:
Hello House,

Please kindly assist with a doctor contact and hospital in New jersey, am due in december and i intend travelling in November but i have no correspondence whatsoever.

Very simple kindl type hospitals in New Jersey or birth in New Jersey in the search boxes above or beneath the pages. Narrow your search to traqvel section.

The result will be soo much your screen will crack bet me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Tahar:

Very simple kindly type hospitals in Tesax or birth in Texas in the search boxes above or beneath the pages. Narrow your search to travel section.
The result will be soo much your screen will crack bet me..

Docteperati is advertised on tbis page and they ar well used.

Newbies please lets take some lil time to read. all we need is already here.

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lollipop1234: 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2017
Tahar:

Del Sol medical center.....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tahar: 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
Lollipop1234:

Del Sol medical center.....

Thanks a bunch
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elohim24: 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
@babatwi and @Ramj, thanks for the response. why I intend for us to apply together is that introduction letter from my office carries more weight and if she's applying alone it will be difficult for her because she has no travel history, another thing is that must the fund all be in my account before we apply or I just need to have it by the time she's traveling?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
elohim24:
@babatwi and @Ramj, thanks for the response. why I intend for us to apply together is that introduction letter from my office carries more weight and if she's applying alone it will be difficult for her because she has no travel history, another thing is that must the fund all be in my account before we apply or I just need to have it by the time she's traveling?
Funds should be in your account as at when applying,cause you will have to go to the embassy with 6months bank statement,if you are acting as the sponsor,if not it can be in her account. But note that you should be able to explain any huge deposit into the account.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 15, 2017
I will advise that you travel with money, as much as you can afford and be ready to defend it. I traveled with 4k and the poe officer wanted to know why. I told him that was all I could buy from a bank in Nigeria and I had my cresit card with me.
Maggiespecial:

was abt asking this question too because i dnt even plan to travel with cash up to $1000. Also its my husband that will be sponsoring me, hope his statement of account is enough for me to show them or he must transfer his money into my own account?
kindly advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.