Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975542 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JDQueen: 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
ozymes:
Okay. What is their rate?

I'll call you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by toesyn: 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
In Spirit of giving back, I had my interview today, Although I was denied but I was happy that I said the truth at the interview.
Had my first visa in 2015 Sept for visiting but gave birth in Dec,never knew I could declare child birth,I remember I saw a heavy pregnant woman that and I and hubby was saying she's bold.
Anyway, I paid all my fees and we went on vacation again in 2016 with no issue at POE.
It was here I knew about zero balance, hospital and doctor correspondence etc.... I called Boston Medical centre and my zero balance was sent.
We did Dropbox for renewal, hubby's own was issued and I was called in for interview.
Before the dropbox, I already called hospitals and doctors in Boston since I knew I would be called to explain myself...below is my transcript:

VO: Good morning,can I have your passport
Me: Good morning and hands over the passport
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: For childbirth
VO: How long did you stay in the US the last time
Me: 20 weeks
VO: What were you doing
Me: I had my first child
VO: When
Me: December
VO: You had your visa in September and gave birth in December, that means you lied during your interview.
Me: Yes and am sorry for the lies
VO: Do u have proof of payment
Me: Yes and I showed it to her, she went through it
VO: what do you do
Me: I told her where I work and I explained my duties extensively
VO: what does your hubby do
Me: I told her what he does
VO: We take the issue of 'credibility' very serious, am sorry ma'am I can't give you the visa.

Lesson learnt:
Before embarking on any project, do your research very well and extensively, if I have the information I have now in 2015,I wouldn't have been denied the visa.

I hope the newbies learn from my experience and always be truthful.

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
Desire12:
Congrats on your smooth POE entry Favouredmum.
Which hospital and doc are you using in Chicago?

I've tried contacting hospitals in Chicago to get correspondence to no avail.... please help if you have any info

Thanks.

I actually got correspondence from 2 hospitals in Chicago before travelling. Kindly pick ur fone and keep calling. It took me about a month to do this. It's really sad when people don't wanna do any research at all but wanna be spoon fed. I couldn't have gone thru Chicago without having a correspondence. I actually had two which I showed at POE. (St Bernards, mercy hospital and mount sinia will give correspondence. Jst be persistent and keep calling till you get what you want).

As for someone who asked for accommodation, pls sit with Airbnb and check. I met some mums on nairaland and we were able to get a 3 bedroom apartment for a good deal in the heart of town thru Airbnb. This took almost 6 weeks before we got what we wanted. You can also contact the hosts once you see what you like for further discount because the long stay actually pays Dem.

This trip costs a lot of money and we should be willing to invest time into what we wanna put millions into.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shirley013: 4:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=toesyn post=61479086]In Spirit of giving back, I had my interview today, Although I was denied but I was happy that I said the truth at the interview.

Wow. So sorry about your visa, Its good you have admitted and said sorry I hope it counts.
If you still have sometime b4 travelling you can still reapply and hope for a better outing. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
favouredmum:

Thanks.

I actually got correspondence from 2 hospitals in Chicago before travelling. Kindly pick ur fone and keep calling. It took me about a month to do this. It's really sad when people don't wanna do any research at all but wanna be soon fed. I couldn't have gone thru Chicago without having a correspondence. I actually had two which I showed at POE. (St Bernards, mercy hospital and mount sinia will give correspondence. Jst be persistent and keep calling till you get what you want).

As for someone who asked for accommodation, pls sit with Airbnb and check. I met some mums on nairaland and we were able to get a 3 bedroom apartment for a good deal in the heart of town thru Airbnb. This took almost 6 weeks before we got what we wanted. You can also contact the hosts once you see what you like for further discount because the long stay actually pays Dem.

This trip costs a lot of money and we should be willing to invest time into what we wanna put millions into.

You said it perfectly.

The LEAST we can do for such huge spend is to take time to get adequate info. And we have soo much info here and all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 6:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
Desire12:
Congrats on your safe delivery.... Kindly assist with the name of hospital you used and the doctor.
I need to get a correspondence from a doctor in Chicago

lol...choi. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2017
toesyn:
In Spirit of giving back, I had my interview today, Although I was denied but I was happy that I said the truth at the interview.
Had my first visa in 2015 Sept for visiting but gave birth in Dec,never knew I could declare child birth,I remember I saw a heavy pregnant woman that and I and hubby was saying she's bold.
Anyway, I paid all my fees and we went on vacation again in 2016 with no issue at POE.
It was here I knew about zero balance, hospital and doctor correspondence etc.... I called Boston Medical centre and my zero balance was sent.
We did Dropbox for renewal, hubby's own was issued and I was called in for interview.
Before the dropbox, I already called hospitals and doctors in Boston since I knew I would be called to explain myself...below is my transcript:

VO: You had your visa in September and gave birth in December, that means you lied during your interview.
VO: We take the issue of 'credibility' very serious, am sorry ma'am I can't give you the visa.

Lesson learnt:
Before embarking on any project, do your research very well and extensively, if I have the information I have now in 2015,I wouldn't have been denied the visa.

Thank you for sharing dear...
Some of us will learn from this...

It will be okay...

Please try to 're-apply, let's hope for the best!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by toesyn: 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=shirley013 post=61481071][/quote]

Thanks @shirley013, am a February mum... I will try and reapply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by toesyn: 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ayotundesh:

Thanks so much, I will try and reapply and hope for the best...

Thank you for sharing dear...
Some of us will learn from this...

It will be okay...

Please try to 're-apply, let's hope for the best!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
Still looking for April 2018 mama/s Richmond Tx bound from march -may to share 2 or 3 bedroom apartment in sugarland preferably. I am Using Oakbend and dr F, will attend clinic at his sugarland office, hospital visit hopefully would be just once for delivery, i would rather find a place at sugarland as it central and also close to the hospital, Never too early to start arrangement.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2017
Chanbaby:

Pls I need info osn accomodation in chicago for a friend.

Saw your message prompt... can't access my Nairaland email now. For accommodation, use Airbnb or extended stay like intown suites.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oluwafunkenny: 8:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
Good evening all,

May/June(another WAEC) mothers in the house should holla for collaboration. Thinking of Chicago or any budget friendly location.

Second missionary journey loading .........
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nobody09: 11:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
hi everyone, i had to read this thread from the very beginning. you guys are awesome for sharing your personal experiences. Anyways, im a first time February mum hoping to give birth in El paso. i just need advice on a few things.. first.. i would like to know if applying with my husband will be to my advantage even tho he may or not be coming to join me.and even if we do together, should we tell the vo he would be joining me later or no need.secondly, does the picture i uploaded on the ds 160 form have to be the same passport i take along with me to the interview?. my ties are marriage and msc basically. thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drI: 11:38pm On Oct 16, 2017
Bubbles123:

Goodmorning my fellow Nlers, pls a quick question, for those of us who are opportuned to get discount from hospitals, did you have to fill a form asking for the discount or was it just a verbal thing? And then your bill given as though there was no discount given.?

Discounts are usually given to international self pay patients. it's clearly written on the bills. They usually give a sort of criteria for benefiting from that discount usually may say if you pay at the first visit etc.

The itemized receipts and zero balance also have the fees and discounts given.

Hope this helps you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by thermolady: 1:15am On Oct 17, 2017
toesyn:

Lesson learnt:

Kpele toesyn; if not for this forum, there go I. Me too suggest (if you still have time), that you re-apply & in the DS160 space for 'reason for visa denial' acknowledge fault & sincerely apologise without sounding desperate. Go for interview again with all your previous receipts with the optimism that you'll be given a 2nd chance. Good luck!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 17, 2017
Hello everyone,quick question please to process baby's US passport in Chicago, Is the form ds3053 notorized by a public notary accepted or does it have to be only from the US embassy in Nigeria?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hamdat55: 11:01am On Oct 17, 2017
Good Day House, My Wife and daughter went for interview today but was denied embarassed Transcript bellow;

VO: Where and why are you going to US

DW: to chicago, i'm expecting another baby

VO: Congratulations (with smile)

VO: any correspondence?

DW: handed the mail trail
DW: i am a fashion designer
VO: where does your husband work

DW: she told him (An O&G) firm
VO: how much do you budget for this trip

DW: $14k (handed our budget sheet)
VO: any appointment?

DW: yes she handed her appointment letter from hospital (VO typed for few minutes)
VO: have you traveled outside Nigeria before?

DW: yes, i schooled in Ghana and i've also been to Liberia.
VO: i'm sorry you do not qualify at this time (Gave her blue form).

I don't really know what went wrong but i know you can't predict US Embassy.

My wife have not been happy since, i can read that while talking to her on phone. i am willing to pay another fee but the earliest date is mid December, Her appointment is 13th of December. Please do anyone know if they can approve their emergency request because they missed their appointment last week due to heavy traffic and we requested for an expedite date which was granted.

I will appreciate your responds. God bless you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 17, 2017
Hi, did you still pay wakanow over 170k to add your LO to your ticket?
jordie:
Good day House,
Pls has anyone added their LO to their ticket on Virgin atlantic. I called the airline here and they told me to go back to the agent I bought the ticket from.
My husband called them and was told to pay over 170k. Is a LO ticket that high, thot it was 10¥% of mine.
Will appreciate suggestions. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 11:45am On Oct 17, 2017
damkage:
Hello everyone,quick question please to process baby's US passport in Chicago, Is the form ds3053 notorized by a public notary accepted or does it have to be only from the US embassy in Nigeria?
Heard Chicago accepts from Public Notary.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 11:50am On Oct 17, 2017
My mum's Visa was approved today in Lagos. TO God be the glory. At last I have a companion on this journey.

Just few questions were asked.
.Purpose of travelling - Travelling with my daughter. She will be putting to bed
. How many Children do you have? 8
.Congratulations, you visa has been approved.

She went in with My passport data page and Visa page,
My hubby and my statement of account, letter of appointment from the office,

Thanks for your support all the way.
Jan 2018 houston Mama....let's go there

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 17, 2017
Ramj:

Heard Chicago accepts from Public Notary.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2017
damkage:

Either works. Notary public or embassy is accepted
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2017
nobody09:
hi everyone, i had to read this thread from the very beginning. you guys are awesome for sharing your personal experiences. Anyways, im a first time February mum hoping to give birth in El paso. i just need advice on a few things.. first.. i would like to know if applying with my husband will be to my advantage even tho he may or not be coming to join me.and even if we do together, should we tell the vo he would be joining me later or no need.secondly, does the picture i uploaded on the ds 160 form have to be the same passport i take along with me to the interview?. my ties are marriage and msc basically. thank you

Can't say if applying with hubby is an advantage or a disadvantage,because i have seen a lot of people in both categories getting visas,so do what comes natural to you.
Telling the Vo that he'll be joining you latter sounds great.
I don't think the pictures have to be the same
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hamdat55: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2017
Please House i need your advice on this before i proceed to pay for another Visa fee.
Hamdat55:
Good Day House, My Wife and daughter went for interview today but was denied embarassed Transcript bellow;

DW: yes she handed her appointment letter from hospital (VO typed for few minutes)

My wife have not been happy since, i can read that while talking to her on phone. i am willing to pay another fee but the earliest date is mid December, Her appointment is 13th of December. Please do anyone know if they can approve their emergency request because they missed their appointment last week due to heavy traffic and we requested for an expedite date which was granted.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beautyaddy: 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hamdat55:

My wife have not been happy since, i can read that while talking to her on phone. i am willing to pay another fee but the earliest date is mid December, Her appointment is 13th of December. Please do anyone know if they can approve their emergency request [b]because they missed their appointment last week due to heavy traffic and we requested for an expedite date which was granted.
[/b]

Why are you contradicting yourself here. You said you wife was denied visa today and at the same time you said your wife missed her appointment last week. So which one is it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Why are you contradicting yourself here. You said you wife was denied visa today and at the same time you said your wife missed her appointment last week. So which one is it

Why not read properly before attacking someone.

''because they missed their appointment last week due to heavy traffic and we requested for an expedite date which was granted''

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Unfelt: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
Eyahh so sorry about the interview....What is your travel history if u work in a reputable O&G firm and ur well travelled,
my Advice will be that u go for the interview with your family as the sponsor...as regards getting an expedited date, u can search using the space untop of the thread,cause i have read a few success stories about that....Goodluck papa!!!

[quote author=Hamdat55 post=61501673]Good Day House, My Wife and daughter went for interview today but was denied embarassed Transcript bellow;
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beautyaddy: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
anizi:

Why not read properly before attacking someone.

''because they missed their appointment last week due to heavy traffic and we requested for an expedite date which was granted''

You are the one that needs to go read his previous post properly before you start making assumptions of anyone attacking anyone!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 2:17pm On Oct 17, 2017
Unfelt:
Eyahh so sorry about the interview....What is your travel history if u work in a reputable O&G firm and ur well travelled,
my Advice will be that u go for the interview with your family as the sponsor...as regards getting an expedited date, u can search using the space untop of the thread,cause i have read a few success stories about that....Goodluck papa!!!

Thanks my brother, the travel history really matter ooo infact will advice pple to visit UK fisrt b4 applying for us visa. Also, they should go as a family. these were the mistake we made during my wife time almost zero traveling history and she went alone but this time, by God grace we are preparing and taken time to study every situation b4 we apply again. eventually my wife birthed in nigeria but am not giving up, this time around, we are applying as a family. so he should look inward and check they can reapply again if not they should hold on for now and get deeply prepared before going again but the should NEVER GIVE UP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hamdat55: 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
Unfelt:

I Really wish i could but at the moment i am not around and would't be anytime soon.

Thanks for your concern.

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.