Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,816 members, 7,844,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (983406 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jamjam5000(f): 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2017
kokorita:
Lol. So what do you advise. She's really worried

Hello ma'am, tell her to negotiate with them while explaining that she is paying outrightly for it. She should be given a considerable discount. What i did in my own situation sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jamjam5000(f): 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2017
TWoods:

There is no law against carrying food on a flight. I don't think you can bring food from home and it will be allowed through security. You can buy food after security and board your flight though. That's the difference.

I have sha carried moimoi that i bought from The Place through airport security and all. I even wacked one half of it at my stop over in CDG airport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hello mamas, please I have a question for those who used Qatar Airways

where on their website can I print the fit to fly form and Medif please?

Upon completion, do I need to go to their office to submit this form before my trip?

not up to 36weeks yet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2017
im still expectiing your responses and advice. thanks
captain90210:
Hello NL members
Great job you guys are doing here. I'm a silent reader here and believe me I've learnt a whole lot from the few days I've spent here. I've practically imagined likeable questions from VO and CBP at Poe. But I know God's grace will always abound.

Now my situation is this:
1. My intent is to have DW give birth in the us,
2. I've learnt here to make all intentions known both at the interview and Poe.
3. I have a friend who's got a green card in us, willing to send me and DW an invite for visitation (if that will get us the visa) and thereafter use the same visa for child birth purpose later next year.
4. Or I jejely make arrangements for visa interview without the invitation from my green card friend in the us.

Permit me if I haven't framed this scenario well (as a learner) but your sincere advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Madcow(m): 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2017
Ayob3:

Upon completion, do I need to go to their office to submit this form before my trip?

not up to 36weeks yet.
send it to

losreservation@ng.qatarairways.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by toesyn: 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2017
Good evening all,

So I went for another interview today after coming out clean that I didn't use my previous visa for the purpose which I was meant for... Transcript below...

VO: Good morning, Passport Please
Me: Good morning and I gave him my passport
VO: Why are you going to the US and where
Me: To have my baby and am going to Boston MANOR
VO: Where will you be staying
Me: Ramada Hotel,gave him the address
VO: What do you do
Me: Told him where I work
VO: What does your DH do
Me: He owns a business and I explain his business and when he started.
VO: How much does he make a month
Me: I told him and he said wow, and I immediately, I told him I have his statements of accounts to prove he make as much as I claimed, he said I should give him the statement of accounts, which I did
VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before
Me: Yes, UK, UAE and US
VO: Why US and not UAE to give birth
Me: Because US gives dual citizenship which my first child already has and I don't want to deny my second child the opportunity too
VO: Does your husband have valid visa
Me: Yes and I gave him copy of his visa
Then he asked to see the receipt of my past delivery and I showed him,
VO: Are you using the same contract and hospital
Me: Yes
VO: Have you contacted the hospital
Me: Yes, he asked for the mail and new contract, and I gave him.
VO: Your Visa has been approved and he gave me the white paper.

Lesson: I realised that everybody's story is different but the most important thing is to be always truthful... And likewise, don't be scared about saying the truth.
Most importantly, I prayed, Yes... I prayed.... because the VO did not even talk or say anything about why I was denied last month....which was when I came out clean that I didn't use my visa for the purpose it was meant for before going to give birth.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions here, because if not for this place, I won't know I can go to the embassy and say I want to have my child in the US.

Sorry for the long post.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tinyan29: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hi everyone I trust our day is going ok. Am new to this plat form have Been getting good information n I really appreciate them. I will be due in April 2018 and have a valid visa,please does any one have any information about hospitals and doctors bills in MIDLAND TEAXS.
Please will be most grateful for a response. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2017
toesyn:
Good evening all,

So I went for another interview today after coming out clean that I didn't use my previous visa for the purpose which I was meant for... Transcript below...

Me: I told him and he said wow, and I immediately, I told him I have his statements of accounts to prove he make as much as I claimed, he said I should give him the statement of accounts, which I did
Me: Because US gives dual citizenship which my first child already has and I don't want to deny my second child the opportunity too

Lesson: I realised that everybody's story is different but the most important thing is to be always truthful... And likewise, don't be scared about saying the truth.
Most importantly, I prayed, Yes... I prayed.... because the VO did not even talk or say anything about why I was denied last month....which was when I came out clean that I didn't use my visa for the purpose it was meant for before going to give birth.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions here, because if not for this place, I won't know I can go to the embassy and say I want to have my child in the US.

Sorry for the long post.

So,so happy for you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 9:36pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hello guys, if I'm wishing to travel in may, when is the earliest time to plan my visa interview date?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumbles: 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2017
hello all, Houston febuary mums pls holla. in need of accomodation

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2017
captain90210:
Hello NL members
Great job you guys are doing here. I'm a silent reader here and believe me I've learnt a whole lot from the few days I've spent here. I've practically imagined likeable questions from VO and CBP at Poe. But I know God's grace will always abound.

Now my situation is this:
1. My intent is to have DW give birth in the us,
2. I've learnt here to make all intentions known both at the interview and Poe.
3. I have a friend who's got a green card in us, willing to send me and DW an invite for visitation (if that will get us the visa) and thereafter use the same visa for child birth purpose later next year.
4. Or I jejely make arrangements for visa interview without the invitation from my green card friend in the us.

Permit me if I haven't framed this scenario well (as a learner) but your sincere advise would be appreciated. Thanks

I would say the invitation letter is quite okay if you can prove relationship. But you can also apply on your own but note that applying on your own will increase your cost and hence budget as you'll have to factor in feeding and accommodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by AroOkigbo(m): 10:19pm On Nov 27, 2017
captain90210:
im still expectiing your responses and advice. thanks
Get a price estimate from the US hospital where you intend your DW to birth and get an appointment- note that for most hospitals, doctor's and other fees (circumcision, epidural, anesthetics) are charged separately.
Ensure you have proof of fund for the expenses- pay slip and bank statement
You may book a hotel online (invite from your US green card holder is not an assurance- it can only take care of accommodation expense)
Let your DW fill the DS-160 form- apply for B2. Apply for the B1/B2 class (it's good you stand by her on the interview and delivery dates)
Pay and secure appointment. The earlier you start, the better- earliest appointment date now is thereabout Jan 19, 2018.
On the appointment date, answer all questions as sincerely as possible- those VO's are trained to spot lies and lies lead to blue paper
Follow it up with prayer. ..Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kristinbaby: 10:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
Congrats. There is always a lesson to learn. I salute your tenacity.

toesyn:
Good evening all,

Sorry for the long post.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austinjeffy: 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2017
[left][/left]
ajobi21:
Hello house, This is me giving back �
I got into the US on 18th of September at 35 weeks pregnant through Turkish airline with my toddler. I went with my fit to fly from my doctor to the airport but they insisted I still go to port health ( I feel they are just looking for business for themselves jare). The lady at the porthealth was soo cold saying they never issue fit to fly at 35 weeks. I knew she was just being difficult so I insisted that it's on my airline policy that 35wks is okay. She finally did it and afterwards, my hubby dash her 1k...come and see her shine the brightest smile ever. Smh!!.
Anyway I almost missed my connecting flight at Turkey cus it was just 1 hr wait but thank God we made it. I travelled with my toddler.
We finally got to New York and the queue was so oooo long. A lady came to move us to self service, I got my slip and was moved to poe. This was the fastest interrogation ever!!
The officer asked why I was there...I said child birth. He then asked how much I had, I told him. The officer had no issue but his colleagues ear stood cus d money was like 9500 and so the colleague interrogated further , if it was because I didn't want to declare 10k that I made it 9500, I said no, that it just happened that was how much I got after changing to dollars. He said okay and they stamped my visa. He asked me what food I had, I said garri and could not even translate the others in English (pap, amala, crayfish, ogbono). He just asked me to go, didn't even send me to Agric

I kept looking back cus I didn't believe that was all. Then I noticed my son's passport wasn't stamped but didn't want to go back to same guy before he will remember something he forgot. So I asked another officer walking by who then told me they don't stamp pasport for citizens again.
I was so happy cus nothing was asked sef even though I had carried everything. I had my toddler in US in 2015 but I wasn't even asked for receipts.

My visa was b1/B2 which was renewed through Dropbox in December. I almost wanted to travel during the course of the year just to "use" the visa for visit purpose but thank God I didn't! .

I'm in New jersey now in a rented apartment waiting for baby's arrival. I'm still yet to understand this notarisarion from Naija and VOA cus my hubby was here the last time. Hopefully I will understand it before baby comes, if not, someone who has done it in NJ can give me expo.
All the best guys
please which Obgyn u using in New Jersey and what's the total cost like? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 11:08pm On Nov 27, 2017
Thanks so much. I'm grateful for the response
Dwebb55:

I would say the invitation letter is quite okay if you can prove relationship. But you can also apply on your own but note that applying on your own will increase your cost and hence budget as you'll have to factor in feeding and accommodation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 11:09pm On Nov 27, 2017
Thanks so much. Your advise has been well taken. May God guide us all. Cheers
AroOkigbo:

Get a price estimate from the US hospital where you intend your DW to birth and get an appointment- note that for most hospitals, doctor's and other fees (circumcision, epidural, anesthetics) are charged separately.
Ensure you have proof of fund for the expenses- pay slip and bank statement
You may book a hotel online (invite from your US green card holder is not an assurance- it can only take care of accommodation expense)
Let your DW fill the DS-160 form- apply for B2. Apply for the B1/B2 class (it's good you stand by her on the interview and delivery dates)
Pay and secure appointment. The earlier you start, the better- earliest appointment date now is thereabout Jan 19, 2018.
On the appointment date, answer all questions as sincerely as possible- those VO's are trained to spot lies and lies lead to blue paper
Follow it up with prayer. ..Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by honeywealth12: 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2017
Pls House, Am filling my DS160 I want insight from the house. At the purpose of trip to US. Temp. businesss pleasure visitor is the right visa type to pick and the specify I am picking Toursim/Medical Treatment.
At the intended stay. I am Due in April. When is the earliest time i can go and then maximum i can stay for someone giving birth And my last question person paying for the trip. IS myself and husband paying for the trip but he is not going with me due to work schedule and all And I can only pick one option. What should i fill, Just husband and then go with our both statements of account and if ask i should say both of us.
Thanks House.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by AroOkigbo(m): 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2017
honeywealth12:
Pls House, Am filling my DS160 I want insight from the house. At the purpose of trip to US. Temp. businesss pleasure visitor is the right visa type to pick and the specify I am picking Toursim/Medical Treatment.
At the intended stay. I am Due in April. When is the earliest time i can go and then maximum i can stay for someone giving birth And my last question person paying for the trip. IS myself and husband paying for the trip but he is not going with me due to work schedule and all And I can only pick one option. What should i fill, Just husband and then go with our both statements of account and if ask i should say both of us.
Thanks House.
Your writing. ...hmmm!!
If I understand you, apply for B2 visa for childbirth
Maximum duration is 6 months for one entry- it is usually at the discretion of the CBP at the POE
When to start filling form? You can start now knowing full well that the earliest date for interview/appointment is about a month and a half from today. You will also have time to reapply if denied and still, cheaper flight (booked in time).
Tell them that your DH is the sponsor and go with his statement of account.
Documentation after childbirth is expected to be completed in about a month and you can proceed to Nigeria with your American baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Unfelt: 5:20am On Nov 28, 2017
As soon as possible, so incase u are denied, u'll have ample time to re apply....

captain90210:
Hello guys, if I'm wishing to travel in may, when is the earliest time to plan my visa interview date?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 76ta: 7:40am On Nov 28, 2017
[quote author=toesyn post=62765173]Good evening all,

Most importantly, I prayed, Yes... I prayed.... because the VO did not even talk or say anything about why I was denied last month....

Congrats I have sent you a Pm I will appreciate if reply.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 9:08am On Nov 28, 2017
Madcow:
send it to

losreservation@ng.qatarairways.com

Thank you, please I'd like to ask if I wouldn't have to print anything from Qatar's website?

What exactly am I sending to them via email pleaseeee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tripletmom: 9:50am On Nov 28, 2017
Morning,

Mama’s that have flown with Turkish airlines, please, i need an answer
Was told by one of the wakanow agent that i will need a transit Visa to get hotel accommodation on the return leg.
How true is that?

Also,hope my doctor’s fit to fly Wil b enough?
Although,I intend traveling by 31wks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 10:03am On Nov 28, 2017
Tripletmom:

Morning,

Was told by one of the wakanow agent that i will need a transit Visa to get hotel accommodation on the return leg.
How true is that?

Yes. You will need a transit visa. You will do it yourself via their website or at the Turkish airport on your way back. Payment can only be made with an American bank card, no cash. Confirm the amount for Nigerian passport holder, it use to be $40. Travelling with American passport is $20
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 10:05am On Nov 28, 2017
Tripletmom:

Oh yes you will need a transit visa. However, they also have a lounge within the airport where you can stay. I didnt want to spend money on the visa so i stayed there and no issue at all, we were comfortable till our flight time

Morning,

How true is that?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 10:07am On Nov 28, 2017
Ayob3:

not up to 36weeks yet.

check special service section on their website...Always print it closer to when you are leaving as it is always numbered. You have to summit it at any of their offices not earlier than one week and not later than 48 hours before your departure. Ensure you get email approval before the departure date.
Their 36th week is 35 weeks + any additional day and they will not carry you ( even if it is one day), so try and calculate it well. They can be very mean
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tripletmom: 10:41am On Nov 28, 2017
Thanks for the swift response semilore12 n borryworld.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2017
xibabe, please ask your question here. I can't respond to your pm. sorry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chinemeze17: 12:52pm On Nov 28, 2017
You can print it from Qatar expectant mothers page when you are done filling it, you can scan clear copies and email to them or if you are in lagos you can take hard copies to their office and submit.
Ayob3:

not up to 36weeks yet.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by eyiye(f): 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2017
My beloved mamas in the house, we thank God for his mercy. Another missionary journey is about to begin o smiley. The last one was in 2015 New York. I went to dust my passport but realised that my passport has expired grin. Anyways I need to apply for a new one and it takes almost 3months here in UK. I will keep you all updated and please message me if you will be going to New York next year.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 1:12pm On Nov 28, 2017
Chijiuche:

check special service section on their website...Always print it closer to when you are leaving as it is always numbered. You have to summit it at any of their offices not earlier than one week and not later than 48 hours before your departure. Ensure you get email approval before the departure date.
Their 36th week is 35 weeks + any additional day and they will not carry you ( even if it is one day), so try and calculate it well. They can be very mean

thanks a lot, God bless your kindness

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.