Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,523 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (979849 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 11:02am On Nov 30, 2017
mellchii:
Morning Nairaland Family,

This will be my first post by the way. I just left the US embassy in Abuja; so here goes my experience/transcript. I went with my DW and Appointment was scheduled for 7:30am, got there by 7:00am. Happened to be the first on the queue just outside the embassy. The security guys told us we couldn't go in with any more than just documents and maybe your wallet, so I had to drop off my bag with the police van at that point (yea, I had to give a tip when I came back to pick up the bag). We went through the protocol of checking our documents, passport and DS-160 form, they asked for one passport photograph each from DW and myself. There were a series of other security points which we passed through with no issues. After the passports were checked and the passport photographs collected, we were directed to a sitting area with other applicants. At 7:40am, they called the first set of people in (about 20 in number), we lined up to the window where our fingerprints were collected and then next to the interviewing booth. From the way the interviewing area was arranged, you could hear the different interviews going on in the different booths, a couple of guys were being rejected and even the lady in front of us was rejected, though her's was a student visa application. My heart was beating fast sha, my DW and I were silently praying for favor yea. At 7:55am we were directed to booth 6, below is the transcript:

VO: good morning, passport please.
Response: good morning, (gives her the passport)
VO: what's your relationship?
Response: she's my DW, we got married in 2016.
VO: Why are you going to Houston?
Response: To have our baby, my wife is currently pregnant and we'd love to have the baby in the US
VO: Why the US?
Response: Well, I'd love for my child to have dual-citizenship and in the future, give them good opportunity to school in the US.
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
Response: yes, I've been to the Netherlands, France, Spain and Italy, and for our honeymoon, we went to the Maldives and stopped over in Dubai on the way back home.
VO: What's your budget?
Response: from our correspondence with the hospital, it should cost us a little over $14k, but I'm hoping to put together $20k before the trip.
(She then asks for my Financials, and I gave her everything- bank statement, payslip, employment verification, budget sheet)
VO: How long have your worked at your current job?
Response: I'm currently in my 5th year, though I've worked with other companies prior to the current one.
(By the way, she's typing all through the conversation)
VO: How did you get to know about the hospital?
Response: Some colleagues at the office have used them before, and made recommendations for me to use the same.
VO: can I have your correspondence with the hospital?
Response: (I give her the doctor's correspondence and directed her to the attached advised fees) those fees helped me build the budget I'm working with.
VO: (to DW) How long have worked?
DW: three (3) months.
VO: (to DW) would you quit your job or take a leave from work?
DW: I'll take a leave from work.
VO: When is the baby due?
Response: ....
VO: Is this your first baby?
Response: this is our first.
VO: Do you know anyone in the US?
Response: None resident, I do have a friend who's schooling in the US.
VO: Where's this friend?
Response: Maryland.

(Types for a while)

VO: I am going to issue your visa, however I will give you three (3) advice you must adhere to, otherwise it will affect any future applications to travel to the US. First, when filling the birth certificate for the child, you MUST NOT state that you are a resident of the state of Texas, because this means the child can access insurance which you are not eligible for, since you aren't resident. So make sure the birth certificate doesn't say that you the parents are resident. Second, do not ask for medical insurance. You are to fully finance your medical expenses and so you must not accept any form of medical insurance. Thirdly, you must ask for an itemized bill for all your medical expenses showing that your bills were completely cleared. This will be requested of you in the future, should you want to go back to the US. Make sure to adhere to this advice.

Response: That's understood. Thanks
VO: Here's a document showing how to pick up your passports.

Most of the questions were directed to me. It went well and by 8:05am we were done and left the place.
congrats dear. i love your transcript. so detailed and honest...

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 11:05am On Nov 30, 2017
@toesyn, congrats. Honesty it is cool

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 12:08pm On Nov 30, 2017
mellchii:
Morning Nairaland Family,

This will be my first post by the way.

congratulations and all the best in your future endeavors!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2017
Very detailed and interesting transcript. Congrats @mellchii
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Adedoyin2108: 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
VO is male. He gave the lady before us too. You could appeal and see how it goes.

kennyliza:
Hello Adedoyin, I tap into your miracle ooooo. I am April 2018 due mum, I just got denied B2 visa in my interview today. The White make VO(cubicle 3) asked me;
-why I am traveling-to give birth
-why US and not any other cheaper country
-,my work,
-where I have been before- told him Dubai last year.
- is my hubby traveling with me etc.
After answering all this, I still got denied.
However,the VO didn't bother to check any of my documents.

Please may I know whether it was a female or male VO that granted your visa. Want to know if female VO are more sympathetic than the VO?

quote author=Adedoyin2108 post=62288447]Hello Nairalanders

I must salute the great work you all do here. Just thought to post my visa interview experience. Interview was on Nov 1 in Lagos.

My husband and I applied for B2 medical n tourism

VO: What’s your relationship?
Husband: We are married
VO: What’s the purpose of the visit?
Husband: To give birth
VO: Is this your first child?
Husband: Yes
VO: What do you do? Where do you work? Where did you school?
Husband: Bla bla
VO: What do you do? Where do you work? What does your job entail? Where did you school?
Me: Bla Bla
VO: What’s your budget? How much do you have?
Husband: About 24k, we have 16k (we had bank statements to prove it but he didn’t request for it)
VO: Your visas have been approved. And he gave us two white documents.
They didn’t ask to see any document. Favour all the way!

I’ll be in Houston last week of November. Using Dr Xydas and Houston Northwest Medical and staying at InTown Suites for now. Anyone with similar itinerary, let’s hook up. Thx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2017
Congratulations Mellchii, your transcript confirms that you dont have to have all funds you meed for the trip before your interview, it all depends on your income/monthly inflow.

That bin said, pls who has gotten an itemized receipt from Oakbend that include all services? hosp, doctor, baby, epidural, etc. Do they give this?

Also the one that shows only the zero balance letter followed by some itemized cost and the self paid option I have seen, is this okay?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aye88: 4:09pm On Nov 30, 2017
Good day All, please does anyone have info about hospitals in san Francisco or San jose area of California. Anyone given birth in this areas?. Would appreciate any info I can get
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2017
I got. plus letter addressed to the US embassy in lagos.
Omodadi2:
Congratulations Mellchii, your transcript confirms that you dont have to have all funds you meed for the trip before your interview, it all depends on your income/monthly inflow.

That bin said, pls who has gotten an itemized receipt from Oakbend that include all services? hosp, doctor, baby, epidural, etc. Do they give this?

Also the one that shows only the zero balance letter followed by some itemized cost and the self paid option I have seen, is this okay?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fola62: 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2017
aye88:
Good day All, please does anyone have info about hospitals in san Francisco or San jose area of California. Anyone given birth in this areas?. Would appreciate any info I can get

Pls send me an email.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ikesim: 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2017
Good day every1...please, I'm a permanent resident in U.S, got married in May, my wife and I are expecting a baby in march, she is stil living in Nigeria. I would have filed for her but with green card it takes about 2 years before that goes through for her to come, I recently applied for my citizenship, awaiting my interview date, but right now she will be due before I even get my citizenship and apply for her.

So my question is....
What are our chances if I invite her to U.S for delivery so that I can take care of her and the baby during and after delivery, because travelling back and forth is taking a huge toll on my account.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2017
Fellow nairalanders, what my eyes have seen with my host is nothing I have seen my whole life. I have proof of everything I say here today, even pictures of the said apartment

We need to be careful with people who approach us for accommodation from here, my experience has been awful.

I had my first child in Maryland, second in Sugar land,tx and I am presently in the US for another. This summary is to show that atleast I am not a jjc in the matter.

When I posted here some time back, a lady here who claims she is a nurse in oakbend sent me a private msg that she has accommodation for lease, she sent me lovely pictures and amenities that I could use cos I told her I was coming with my toddler. I also told her that I wanted a room downstairs cos this pregnancy is one that does not permit me to climb the stairs frequently and she answered in the affirmative. We discussed the price and settled for N700 a month for a room which I was to share the bathroom with another room. I told her I was coming in on the 27th of Sept and was to travel to Dallas to visit friends by the 31st of September, and that by middle DEC my DH will join me and that i will drop some of my bags with her and travel and she said ok . I asked her if her house was in Richmond/sugar land area and she told me it was close to memorial, I concluded she was referring to Herman memorial hospital.

I arrived Houston and she was prompt to pick me up and I was impressed. We drove into Houston to a place that wasn't familiar to me, when we got to her place I quizzed her that her place isn't close to the Herman memorial as we discussed and she said rather aggressively that oh there is a place called memorial drive close to her house and she tot that that was the memorial I was talking about. Well I am here already let this one not spoil things, with uber I can always get around.

I got in and her place is a three bedroom bungalow, looking unkempt, she had beds in the parlour, I met another preggy there who was occupying one room upstairs. I asked her for the room downstairs and she said oh I could stay in the parlour. Excuse me I replied, where do I drop my bags and change my clothes when need be. I told you I needed a room downstairs and she replied that she tot I needed a place to rest during the day and retire to my room upstair. Wow! I said to myself (misrepresentation number 2). I followed her to the room. I had not settled in when she came for her rent. I brought out the $700 and gave to her and she collected and further requested I paid another $100. What for? I asked and she said it was deposit just in case I spoilt anything, well I wasn't going to spoil anything I responded and gave it to her. That made it $800. She issued me a receipt for them both and left. I needed to make food for my toddler and asked her for water and she said she didn't have, the preggy lady I met gave me a bottle and offered me food. I used the water to make food for my toddler and drank water from the tap. It tested bad but what can I do. The next day I got a sim card, opened an account, bought water and some other things I needed. I also confirmed my doctor's appointment for the next day. I came back from my doctor's and my host was in my room again this time that I was to pay $35/per the days I have stayed as my rent was to start from 1st of November. Excuse me! I tot we discussed that I will land in Houston, use 3days to settle in, see my doctor and leave for Dallas on the 31st? Ehen that she does daily on airbnb and that is her daily charges. I told her to hold her demand first till I get back that I was staying in her house till Feb so let us not start with this daily thing and she agreed. The next day I was to travel she sent me a WhatsApp msg that I should write out everything I was leaving behind or I carry my bags I told her I could not give her a comprehensive list of all the items in my bag as that will take a lot of bending and my waist could not take it but she shouldn't worry that I owned the bags and I not scared of anything going missing. She replied that she was not going to take it that America is a country of law unlike Nigeria. This is a Nigerian lady talking so I got angry that okay I wasn't staying again she should take her $35 for the number of days i had stayed and refund my money then she calmed down. I left for Dallas and returned to Houston on the 27th of October, and dear host was not around to open the door for me even when I gave her sufficient notice of my return and the other preggy lady who had now put to bed went visiting her cousin. I sat at the airport for 4hours until the other last came back and opened the main door. My dear host came back with no apologies for locking me out and asking how I settled in came in with a receipt of $210 for rent of 6days ie the previous 3days in sept and the one I will spend in Oct, I was mad but I kept my cool. I swept the room myself, changed the sheets and mopped the ground and she was only interested in money. I told her to hold her receipt first. Then she started to shout that she doesn't want this, that that is how Nigerians like to stress her. Ha madam which one is any small thing you say 'nigerians' are you not a Nigerian yourself of Urhobo descent and she says 'no o' I am no longer a Nigerian, okay madam I was planning that I have 8days in February and intend to add this 6days to the 8days and pay half month. She said no that as a matter I should pay her the $210 first and that when my rent in Nov expires I will pay her $700 DEC, Jan and $280 for Feb and that when my hubby comes by 15th December he will pay $35 x 16 remaining days in December and pay 350 for rent for the Jan and another $280 for himself in feb for the one room I leased. Madam I won't pay you all my rent at once (cos I had read the post by emerald here on the 2nd of Nov) and she said I will have to pack. OK madam, let my November rent expire first I replied. The other preggy lady had left and she gave the other room out for a week, don't forget we share the same convenience which had never been cleaned since I got there. Another preggy came in with her toddler and she put her in her room. The whole thing amazed me how someone could love money like that. When I asked that the house and convenience be cleaned she asked me to pay for cleaning services then I told her she was not the only one who likes money. What is it? The house is hers, and people like me will come and go she should keep the place clean, then I went and washed the bathroom upstairs and left her. Fellow nairalander, I bought everything I used in that house, down to kitchen soap, dustbin bag, airfreshner. Infact not a dime of her money or sweat was spent on me. I used her charger to charge and the lights went off and came on and the charger got blown, she asked me to pay for it or she will deduct it from my deposit. I paid for it. I asked her on her way to grocery store to buy water for me, she came back and demanded I pay her $4.25 for the water or she deducts it from my deposit, infact she looked for ways to keep my deposit but I made sure I didn't give it to her. The cooling/heating system doesn't work, WiFi is poor upstairs. Infact na fan I dey siddon under for the heat time and went it is cold I and my son dress like Eskimos inside house. Ha fellow nairalanders I cannot tell you my ordeal in her house, the emotional trauma, the pain and my struggles there. My son became sick and was coughing, dear nurse didn't even show concern. Most nights I cried and my son of 19months will be the one to say sorry. My hubby got tired of my crying and asked me to leave her place even before the rent expired. I got another place that seems like heaven for the same $700, the lady takes me for my appointments, cooks for me and even help me take care of my son. For the past 6days I have been able to nap in the afternoons cos someone can keep an eye on him. Two days to my leaving I asked for refund and she said she doesn't refund money, it is either I stay complete or I forfeit. Very epic coming from someone who charged extra $210 for 6days. Another preggy lady came in and couldn't stay cos really the house is a dump, when she asked for refund dear host refused to give her back a whooping sum of $900 Omo na so I leave my 7days with her. Before she gave me my deposit she was inspecting even to pots wey I use cook, it was almost ending in a fight. My parcel that was sent to her house after I left, it took me threatening to call the cops when I went back to pick it before she brought it out. I know that I am in a place of justice, cos I could mess her up real bad but I am too heavy to do all that wahala right now, however, the other preggy lady got a lawyer who wrote to her for the refund of her money. Imagine having to get involved in legal issues when you came to have your baby in peace. I don't mind advice from you all on what to do to her, but I am still recuperating from the trauma I and my son faced there.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaOO: 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2017
Senatornuella:
Fellow nairalanders, what my eyes have seen with my host is nothing I have seen my whole life.

We need to be careful with people who approach you for accommodation from here, my experience has been awful.

I had my first child in Maryland, second in Sugar land,tx and I am presently in the US for another. This summary is to show that atleast I am not a jjc in the matter for a fellow woman to use my head.

When I post here some time back, a lady here who claims she is a nurse in oakbend sent me a private msg that she has accommodation for lease, she sent me lovely pictures and amenities that I could use cos I told her I was coming with my toddler. I also told her that I wanted a room downstairs cos this pregnancy is one that does not permit me to climb the stairs frequently and she answer in the affirmative. We discussed the price and settled for N700 a month for a room which I was to share the bathroom with another room. I told her I was coming in on the 27th of Sept and was to travel to Dallas to visit friends by the 1st of October, and that by middle DEC my DH will join me and that i will drop some of my bags with her and travel and she said ok . I asked her if her house was in Richmond/sugar land area and she told me it was close to memorial, I concluded she was referring to Herman memorial hospital.

I arrived Houston and she was prompt to pick me up and I was impressed. We drove into Houston to a place that wasn't familiar to me, when we got to her place I quizzed her that her place isn't close to the Herman memorial as we discussed and she said rather aggressively that oh there is a place called memorial drive close to her house and she tot that was the memorial I was talking about. Well I am here already let this one not spoil things, with uber I can always get around.

I got in and her place is a three bedroom bungalow, looking unkempt, she had beds in the parlour, I met another preggy there who was occupying one room upstairs. I asked her for the room downstairs and she said oh I could stay in the parlour. Excuse me I replied, where do I drop my bags and change my clothes when need be. I told you I needed a room downstairs and she replies that she tot I need a place to rest during the day and retire to my room upstair. Wow! I said to myself (misrepresentation number 2). I followed her to the room. I had not settled in when she came for her rent. I brought out the $700 and gave to her and she collected and further requested I paid another $100. What for? I asked and she said it was deposit just in case I spoilt anything, well I wasn't going to spoil anything I responded and gave it to her. That made it $800. She issued me a receipt for them both and left. I needed to make food for my toddler and asked her for water and she said she didn't have, the preggy lady I met gave me a bottle and offered me food. I used the water to make food for my toddler and drank water from the tap. It tested bad but what can I do. The next day I got a sim card, opened an account, bought water and some other things I needed. I also confirmed my doctor's appointment for the next day. I came back from my doctor's and my host was in my room again this time that I was to pay $35/per the days I have stayed as my rent was to start from 1st of November. Excuse me! I tot we discussed that I will land in Houston, use 3days to settle in, see my doctor and leave for Dallas on the 31st? Ehen that she does daily on airbnb and that is her daily charges. I told her to hold her demand first till I get back that I was staying in her house till Feb so let us not start with this daily thing and she agreed. The next day I was to travel she sent me a WhatsApp msg that I should write out everything I was leaving behind or I carry my bags I told her I could not give her a comprehensive list of all the items in my bag as that will take a lot of bending and my waist could not take it but she shouldn't worry that I owned the bags and I not scared of anything going missing. She replied that she was going to take it that America is a country of law unlike Nigeria. This is a Nigerian lady talking so I got angry that okay I wasn't staying again she should take her $35 for the number of days in had stayed and refund my money then she calmed down. I left for Dallas and returned to Houston on the 27th of October, and dear host was not around to open the door for me even when I gave her sufficient notice of my return and the other preggy lady who now put to bed went visiting her cousin. I sat at the airport for 4hours until the other last came back and opened the main door. My dear host came back with no apologies for locking me out and asking how I settled in came in with a receipt of $210 for rent of 6days ie the previous 3days in sept and the one I will spend in Oct, I was mad but I kept my cool. I swept the room myself, changes the sheets and mopped the ground and she was only interested in money. I told her to hold her receipt first. Then she started to shout that she doesn't want this, that that is how Nigerians like to stress her. Ha madam which one is any small thing you say 'nigerians' are you not a Nigerian yourself of Urhobo descent and she says 'no o' I am no longer a Nigerian, okay madam I was planning that I have 8days in February and intend to add this 6days to the 8days and pay half month. She said no that as a matter I should pay her the $210 first and that when my rent in Nov expires I will pay her $700 DEC, Jan and $280 for Feb and that when my hubby comes by 15th December he will pay $35 x 16 remaining days in December and pay 350 for rent for the Jan and another $280 for himself in feb for the one room I leased. Madam I won't pay you all my rent at once (cos I had read the post by emerald here on the 2nd of Nov) and she said I will have to pack. OK madam, let my November expire first I replied. The other preggy lady had left and she gave the other room out, don't forget we share the same convenience which had never been cleaned since I got there. Another preggy came in with her toddler and she put her in her room. The whole thing amazed me how someone could love money like that. When I asked that the house and convenience be cleaned she asked me to pay for cleaning services then I told her she was not the only one who like money. What is it? The house is hers, and people like me will come and go she should keep the place clean, then I went and washed the bathroom upstairs and left her. Fellow nairalander, I bought everything I used in that house, down to kitchen soap, dustbin bag, airfreshner. Infact not a dime of her money or sweat was spent on me. I used her charger to charge and the lights went off and came on and the charger got blown, she asked me to pay for it or she will deduct it from my deposit. I asked her on her way to grocery store to buy water for me, she came back and demanded I pay her $4.25 for the water or she deducts it from my deposit, infact she looked for ways to keep my deposit but I made sure I didn't give it to her. The cooling/heating system doesn't work, WiFi is poor upstairs. Infact na fan I dey siddon under for the heat time and went it is cold I and my son dress like Eskimos inside house. Ha fellow nairalanders I cannot tell you my ordeal in her house, the emotional trauma, the pain and my struggles there. My son became sick and was coughing, dear nurse didn't even show concern. Most nights I cried and my son of 19months will be the one to say sorry. My hubby got tired of my crying and asked me to leave her place even before the rent expired. I got another place that seems like heaven for the same $700, the lady takes me for my appointments, cooks for me and even help me take care of my son. For the past 6days I have been able to nap in the afternoons cos someone can keep an eye on him. Two days to my leaving I asked for refund and she said she doesn't refund money, it is either I stay complete or I forfeit. Very epic coming from someone who charged extra $210 for 6days. Another preggy lady came in and couldn't stay cos really the house is a dump, when she asked for refund dear host refused to give her back a whooping sum of $900 Omo na so I leave my 7days with her. Before she gave me my deposit she was inspecting even to pots wey I use cook, it was almost ending in a fight. My parcel that was sent to her house after I left, it took me threatening to call the cops when I went back to pick it before she brought it out. I know that I am in a place of justice, cos I could mess her up real bad but I am too heavy to do all that wahala right now, however, the other preggy lady got a lawyer who wrote to her for the refund of her money. Imagine having to get involved in legal issues when you came to have your baby in peace. I don't mind advice from you all on what to do to her, but I am still recuperating from the trauma I and my son faced there.
No no no. This is evil and plain wrong. I would advise you to at least complain to the authorities. It doesn’t cost anything. All you need to do is tell them what happened and she will be invited for questioning.

In as much as you guys have an agreement and from what our wrote, she breached that agreement BIG TIME! She’s mad. In fact I’m mad on your behalf right now. I need you to complain to the cops for these reasons:

1. Some of us Nigerians that live here capitalize on the fact that when you get in trouble with the police in Nigeria, it’s usually a mess and they might end up indicting the innocent person. Nigerians that come here come with that mindset of “I no want police wahala oo. But sincerely they’re your friend in this case and they will help you get your money back.

2. I need you to teach her a lesson. Yes. She’s capitalizing on the fact that she has a house and people come here for birth tourism to make money. What she is charging you is an atrocity! $700 per room in Houston? What sort of daylight robbery is that? You’re practicall paying her mortgage. I live in California, When we lived in a rented apartment, we paid $2000 for a three bedroom. And that’s California. Housing is dirt cheap in Houston. A three bedroom in Houston (Good neighborhood) shouldn’t be more than $1300. So she charging that amount and still treating you like garbage is an atrocity!

3. Lastly I’d like for you to report her to the cops so that some other unsuspecting people wil not fall victim! This is wrong on so many levels!

In fact if you don’t mind, put her address and nairaland ID up here so other people will not fall for these kinds of traps.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aye88: 10:14pm On Nov 30, 2017
[quote author=fola62 post=62860392]

Pls send me

I have done that . Pls check. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2017
Senatornuella:
Fellow nairalanders, what my eyes have seen with my host is nothing I have seen my whole life. I have proof of everything I say here today, even pictures of the said apartment

I was about saying that your storu isnt complete without her ID because some other ppl will still fall victim. Even right now, someone already sent me message that he/she has house for rent, who know whether shes the one. We need ti name and shame please.

Also, do follow the advice MamaOO gave above, this is cheating and shouldnt be accepted. You may wait till your husband comes so that you wont stress yourself too much. I hate it when ppl take one for granted.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Anu18: 11:12pm On Nov 30, 2017
Hi All,
Please who is in Chicago at the moment? I just confirmed John Stroger bill has increased and I am travelling next week. Please I need affordable hospital and doctor in Chicago. Anyone currently there should please pm me.
This is urgent o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by slimbims: 12:32am On Dec 01, 2017
Senatornuella:

Am also a victim of this same woman her name is Rachael Uwabunkeonye Okwagbe nairaland id is "Rayray". She is a thief and a very greedy woman, I can't express my feelings. The first time I stepped into the house I couldn't believe that was what I paid for. Very dirty environment had to place a call to my husband immediately about the place after a long conversation he persuaded me to atleast settle down first the next minute she came to request for the rent even though it wasn't the room she showed me that I will be staying in that was provided. Am not ready to write a long epistle, after this greedy woman charged me $800 for a room she requested for another $100 which I was not aware about she called it caution fee just incase I spoil her stuffs. I landed her house on the 16th of November (note that she also is renting the apartment) she told me she will charge me $35 per day for the extra 17days in that November because it's not up to a month � which wasn't part of our agreement cos I intend to stay from Nov 16th to feb 2nd. After paying her the $100 caution fee she issued me a receipt stating that the money i paid was from Dec 1st-dec31st instead of November 16th- December 16th and I Asked her why she said because the days am spending in November is not up to a month and not all days are the same in every month that February is 28days �. She told me I have to pay $35 daily till end of November "Ridiculous". The lady that introduced her to me told me no extra charges if any one is joining me to assist for my baby. So I decided to mention to her the date my husband and mum will be coming to my surprise greedy madam Rachel said she will charge my husband and mother extra $35for each of them per day for the remainder of the days in December when they are coming and by January they will pay $200 each for rent in January and by Feb we will all pay $35/each. it sounded like a joke. That i have to pay I all that money monthly without my privacy, sharing toilet and also just a room with my mum and husband in an environment that is not even conducive which am still trying to manage. that's insane, no sane person will pay such. A house that there is no common trash bin, dirty toilet, dirty parlour she even used a funny leopard clothe to cover one of the chairs saying she doesn't want any one to stain it cos it's a white chair(I wish I can share a pics of the space here). I only got to realize she was only trying to defraud me I had to find alternative place immediately and I told her I couldn't stay anymore and can't afford all the fee she is charging me cos that wasn't the agreement. After packing all my stuffs I told her to give me a refund of my balance I spent 5 nights but packed out the 7th night and told her to calculate her $35 for 7days omo na so this woman say it's either I stay by force or no refund. Am like you use your mouth talk say na per day you wan dey charge, not take your $35 which is $245 in Total for 7days this woman refused oooo. As i speak to u guys she is still with my $900 and has refused to refund.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by slimbims: 12:45am On Dec 01, 2017
Omodadi2:

I was about saying that your storu isnt complete without her ID because some other ppl will still fall victim. Even right now, someone already sent me message that he/she has house for rent, who know whether shes the one. We need ti name and shame please.

Also, do follow the advice MamaOO gave above, this is cheating and shouldnt be accepted. You may wait till your husband comes so that you wont stress yourself too much. I hate it when ppl take one for granted.
14707 Barryknoll lane unit 158 houston Texas 77079 This her address

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 1:01am On Dec 01, 2017
slimbims:

Am also a victim of this same woman her name is Rachael Uwabunkeonye Okwagbe nairaland id is "Rayray". She is a thief and a very greedy woman, I can't express my feelings .
I knew it. God answered my prayers. I can't recollect how I got linked to her. God saved me from the devil. I am thanking him greatly for providing a wonderful host at no cost. When people are willing to pay they still went through this in the hand of a fellow country man. Too bad.
I am using this opportunity to thank my wonderful host for the gesture and his kind heart. I pray America or wherever you may choose to live will bring you Allah's Rahma and peace. And to everyone that supported my family during the missionary journey, Allah will continue to enrich you all and provide you at your time of need.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by brooklyn20: 1:01am On Dec 01, 2017
So I came in through Houston Poe on 23rd november (exactly a week ago) .i've been lazy to type my Poe experience.

Got my visit visa last year and used it for vacation both I hubby and toddler.got pregnant this year and decided to give birth with it.wrote the embassy and also got correspondence from hnwmc,Dr xydas.
Ever since we decided to go give birth in the us ,I've been praying about my journey to the us ,my stay , delivery etc and everything has been smooth so far and it will till the end by God's grace.

hubbys friend helped us to get accommodation with an American woman (May God bless her ,she's nice and sweet ,her kids are lovely too). And the accommodation came with transportation and feeding. She even said there's a spare Car for me to drive if I wanted to( fear no go fit let me drive for america) .

Back to the Poe story.

I and my toddler came in with Qatar airline.sent my medif form and cert. like 7days to travelled date. Hubby was at the airport some days later and went to ask if it was approved and they said it was ( travelled at 33 weeks 4days) . Also went with fit to fly from my doctor also did medical examination at d airport. Journey was smooth ,got to Doha and got airport accommodation , had my bath and had a good sleep.

From Doha to us was not bad too. I had a roll to my Self so I was able to sleep and stretch my legs. The air hostess kept asking if I was okay and needed anything. Also bringing chocolate ,sweet and snacks for my son .i applied to use a wheel chair but didn't eventually use it ,

At Houston there was a long que , I joined the que ,when it was almost my turn my son started shouting that he wanted to pee. I was allowed to take him to the toilet then come straight to the front.

Me: Good afternoon
Cbp: what are u here for?
Me: to have my baby
Cbp:How long will you be staying
Me: *****
Cbp:How much do you have on you
Me: ****** (more than $10k)
Cbp: I'll have to send you to secondary inspection cos I can't count your money here) .
Me: ok

He called some to come take me there. I waited for a while ,then I was called

Cbp: how much did u come in with
Me:****?
Let me see,she didn't count it
Cbp: what's the name of d hospital u are using?
Me: told her
Cbp:How did u get the cash
Me:Told her some from pta and d rest from beaut De change
Cbp: where will u be staying
Me : told her my host name and her address (she typed it on the system) and asked how much I'm paying her.
Cbp: do you have a credit card on you.me: yes
Cbp: make sure u pay all your bills and get the receipt and always take it along when travelling or else your visa will be cancelled .
Then she stood up and said follow me. She took me to an escalator and asked me to go down to Agric.
Went there and my bags were brought to me , it was scanned and my chicken nooddles was seized but every other food made it ,came in with all kinds of naija food.
Waiting for my first appointment tomorrow.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 1:45am On Dec 01, 2017
Senatornuella & Slimbims, thanks a lot for the eye opener experiences you shared.

May God deliver us from evil women. Had my own little experience too with my host, not on the accommodation though, mine was superb, but on playing smart with my money and claiming to ve paid my medical bills which I had paid to her in advance but I was a step ahead of her and she had no where to hide, she thot I was a novice.

Let's just shine our eyes very well.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaOO: 2:02am On Dec 01, 2017
You mamas that Rayray have scammed have a way to nail her. Slimbims said she’s renting the apartment shey? GhenGhen! Very good! Y’all just got her. As a tenant, anybody that’s not on your lease is not supposed to live in your house unless they contact the landlord or something. She’s basically subletting and doing business with someone else’s apartment and that alone is enough to get her charged!

I’ll be disappointed if none of the moms that she did dirty make her pay! I hate people who make gain off of people’s sweat. And to be downright evil and nasty to Join it. Nah!

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 3:17am On Dec 01, 2017
MamaOO:

No no no. This is evil and plain wrong. I would advise you to at least complain to the authorities. It doesn’t cost anything. All you need to do is tell them what happened and she will be invited for questioning.

In as much as you guys have an agreement and from what our wrote, she breached that agreement BIG TIME! She’s mad. In fact I’m mad on your behalf right now. I need you to complain to the cops for these reasons:

1. Some of us Nigerians that live here capitalize on the fact that when you get in trouble with the police in Nigeria, it’s usually a mess and they might end up indicting the innocent person. Nigerians that come here come with that mindset of “I no want police wahala oo. But sincerely they’re your friend in this case and they will help you get your money back.

2. I need you to teach her a lesson. Yes. She’s capitalizing on the fact that she has a house and people come here for birth tourism to make money. What she is charging you is an atrocity! $700 per room in Houston? What sort of daylight robbery is that? You’re practicall paying her mortgage. I live in California, When we lived in a rented apartment, we paid $2000 for a three bedroom. And that’s California. Housing is dirt cheap in Houston. A three bedroom in Houston (Good neighborhood) shouldn’t be more than $1300. So she charging that amount and still treating you like garbage is an atrocity!

3. Lastly I’d like for you to report her to the cops so that some other unsuspecting people wil not fall victim! This is wrong on so many levels!

In fact if you don’t mind, put her address and nairaland ID up here so other people will not fall for these kinds of traps.

Unless there was a physical and signed agreement, there is nothing the police can do. It is her word against yours. The police will not help you collect your money, at best they will ask you if you want to file charges...

Also, she can charge whatever she wants. It's her home and there is no law against that.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 3:23am On Dec 01, 2017
MamaOO:
You mamas that Rayray have scammed have a way to nail her. Slimbims said she’s renting the apartment shey? GhenGhen! Very good! Y’all just got her. As a tenant, anybody that’s not on your lease is not supposed to live in your house unless they contact the landlord or something. She’s basically subletting and doing business with someone else’s apartment and that alone is enough to get her charged!

I’ll be disappointed if none of the moms that she did dirty make her pay! I hate people who make gain off of people’s sweat. And to be downright evil and nasty to Join it. Nah!

Very true!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Quin17: 4:09am On Dec 01, 2017
[quote author=Omodadi2 post=62866704]

U need to complain to the authorities or talk to a lawyer 1st n gt advice on how to go about it. I hv heard similar complaint from 2 people, sadly it maybe same person. People going to houston should get her adress by pm if cnt put it up. That way they shld be ready fr her. Nonsense
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Weperwema: 4:34am On Dec 01, 2017
@ Everyone Please I need someone to help with a direct contact of a Doctor DW can use(my email is bluemoon1759@yahoo.com)in St.Louis Missouri....please a doctor you have tried , what is it like to fly Delta Airline and experience with POE in Atlanta?......my people please I need una help for info...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:56am On Dec 01, 2017
Ghen ghen, e yaff set.

1. If she is on airbnb, you could report her to airbnb.
2. @ MamaOO what if she owns the house and not renting?

Madam Rayray, show thyself!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 6:10am On Dec 01, 2017
olukemiyemi:
Good day people.

I wanted to share my experience has I have gained a lot reading from what other people share on here. This is the second baby I've had in the US. The first was in Virginia, while I stayed in with family in Maryland. Virginia is significantly cheaper depending on your choice but distance was a major challenge for me. This time we decided to do Houston because it was going to be more cost effectve.

I traveled with Turkish airline on May 27th to JFK and spent time with my friends before heading out to Houston. Point of entry was surprisingly easy, I did self check in, printed out a receipt and only thing I was asked was the kind of food I had on me. No questions asked my purpose of visit or my big tummy (I was huge). I was really grateful for that.

I had gone very far with planning for Houston before I noticed in the document one of the doctors sent me that they do not allow VBAC (virginal birth after CS). I found out later that this was a Texas thing, most hospitals will not allow a woman that has had a previous CS try to get birth vaginally. This is my 3rd, I had a VBAC with my second, so I didn't see any reason to have a planned C-Section. We searched for Drs would do VBAC and we found one who uses Ben Taub. The cost estimates was significantly higher than using Oak bend or any of the other cost effective hospitals/doctors. The Dr's fees alone was about $5400 for normal delivery, so I contacted a midwife/birthing center as back up.

I visited both the midwife and the Drs at Ben Taub (they are 5 minutes apart in distance) but we eventually settled for the birthing center because my chances of having a natural delivery and staying within my budget was better. We had Ben Taub as backup in case going to the hospital became necessary.

My baby came on the 12th of July at the birthing center, it was easy and the best birthing experience of my three births. Baby came 2 weeks late and was happy to not have been under any pressure to be induced. Antenatal visits was easy and schedules flexible, service was very personal, midwife came home to check on us after the birth, they had free group prenatal classes and breastfeeding support meetings.

I know people on here have made a valid point of the risk of using birthing centers but for VBAC mums like me, who really want do things naturally and are low risk, its definitely an option. Also a cheaper option if you are low risk.

I got the birth certificate in less than a week, I've got the passport and also got approval for the Nigerian visa on arrival in less than 24 hours. I sent an e-mail with all necessary documents to the immigrations email address (oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng) and was very impressed to hear back from them same day.

Congratulations again. Please I sent u an email. Need ur advice . thank u

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 6:11am On Dec 01, 2017
Dwebb55:

Virginia is a bit slow when it comes to getting the BC. My daughter was born on the 14th and we received the BC on the 30th. But we made a lot of calls and submitted our application early at the hospital. Keep on calling the records office and keep praying!

Sent u an e-mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 6:12am On Dec 01, 2017
[quote author=Dwebb55 post=62014014]

Virginia is a bit slow when it comes to getting the BC. My daughter was born on the 14th and we received the BC on the 30th. But we made a lot of calls and submitted our application early at the hospital. Keep on calling the records office and keep praying![/qu
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 6:14am On Dec 01, 2017
Testim:

Hello Oluwakemyemi,

Could you please share with me your doctor and jospital contact? I have applied for visa, my interview is Jan 3, 2018. I plan to ne in Arlington Virginia by February 15th. I don't jabe a hospital or doctor correspondent yet. Could yoi assit with this please? Any Virginia mim please help.

Gotten this info?

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.