Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978864 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
^^^^^^@mumcdab you are a better woman than me o! Be then I am igbo and I send less sha grin
Purlease! Block the ssn as soon as yesterday. Chai! Like 2 whole pages were dedicated to 'how to block ssn' I wish I can remember it. I hope @FTM or any other mama can post on it.
InFact lemme ask google. Wubbish! Inlaws be annoying since 1900s. Lol
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2938110-can-you-block-your-child-social-security-number-for-nobody-can-carry-them-on-there-taxes

Basically sha, your SIL will know. So you must be a liverful person

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topnotch22: 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
@lively123, Yes they requested for the ban card. If you don't have it, I suppose you could do with a photoprint out stamped and signed from the bank.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
Mumcdab i'm sorry about your ordeal with your SIL o, that was really terrible, if there's a diplomatic way to avoid her place this time around please do so and also block the SSN. Sigh for some people behaving as if they have no daughters aha undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
Dem never born d in-law dat will treat me dis way. Like seriously. My sis does sh&t and I giv it to her like it's hot! Then we make up. Same applies to in-laws. U giv me sh&t, I pay bak double. And we make up. If u want.
Lol. But dis is so mean! So unfair. Some people hav OCD for cleanliness. Maybe dats why she demanded her to do all d chores. But same should be reflected wen sHe visited naija. So we call it truce. And wots d deal abt sendin d woman away? Shuo. Even nanny sef no deserve dis kain treatment. Dis is sheer wickedness. Ayam vexing o!
chloe7:
Mumcdab i'm sorry about your ordeal with your SIL o, that was really terrible, if there's a diplomatic way to avoid her place this time around please do so and also block the SSN. Sigh for some people behaving as if they have no daughters aha undecided

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
Zocken: 10:27am On Oct 30
Grateful we are in part 5. Let me reproduce my burning issue here for help.
Good day great people of this platform. Please, I need some clarifications on how I can send about $2000 from Nigeria to my DW in the US. DW

To give tips on how i transfer money to the states.
Go open a first bank account if you don't already have one the from the account create a paypal account
Then tell your wife to open an account in the USA if she doesn't have one already and also create a paypal account linking that account
so all you have to do is sign on to your paypal account put her paypal account email and the amount wala the money is in her owun paypal account then she can transfer from her paypal account to her bank account.
Always use the daily limit for POS transactions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by worry359(m): 5:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
MumcDab:

Please I need pointers on how to block the filing she did on my son's SSN. Thank you, peops.

This is the office to report false claims to.

Do not let family sentiments get in your way.
Your future visits and your children's are at risk here!

http://oig.ssa.gov/newsroom/video-gallery/video-transcripts/transcript-how-report-suspected-social-security-fraud

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2016
Chanbaby:
Pls anybody with cheap flight information to either houston or dallas pls help a sister. From Dec 20th

Try emirates
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feyishetan: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
Sandy2k:
Silent member here grin Thanks to everyone who has been of help all through! Any dallas jan2017 mamas in the house? Lets hook up
[color=#006600][/color]

Yippeee!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
TripleKMama:
Congrats dear.
Pls anyone done visa on arrival using British Airways? Cos I'm still calculating how winter go be when I wan do dis pikin naija passport for NYC. I no wan surprises e!! Pls epp me !

I hadmy babay in winter too.
with in one week i got all documentations.
First I got babay's USA paspport expidited (on Thursday)so I got it same day by 2.30pm Houston Time
Then posted same to Nigerian High Commission in Atlanta same day using (fedex) visa was stamped on friday and out in the mail I got in by 10am on saturday.

I only got Nigeria passport when i returned after one year,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
Graceoged:
pls i need info. in my visa application, i filled tourist for reason of visit instead of medical. any way out? just discovered this thread online. i need help asap. thanks

You should just prepare your burden of proof as if you chose medical. When you appear before the vo and you are asked what you are going to the us for,you tell him child birth,if you are asked why you filled tourist,tell him it was an oversight
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumdearest: 5:37pm On Nov 02, 2016
Good day good people of NL and officially welcome to P.5 of this wonderful tread (all thanks to justwise and all sabi mamas and papas in the house).

I would like to share my interview experience with the VO today and hope some find this info useful. i had my baby last year in elpaso and my visa expired in january this year and myself and DH applied for a B1/B2 in September and had our interview today. (im not preggy and dont intend to use the visa for child birth).

VO: good morning
US: good morning with smiles
VO: where will you be going in the us
US: maryland
VO: do you know someone there?
DH: family, her brother(referring to me)
VO: you've been to the us, why and where did? (? directed to me)
ME: texas and to have my baby
VO: but you stated in the form you filled that you would be visiting your brother?
ME: that was my initial intention but changed when i got pregnant. and i went further to explain that i sent a mail of CHANGE OF INTENT to the consular.
VO: i cant see any where here that you sent the change of intent letter.
ME: i sent to Abuja and was told to send it to Lagos where i applied for visa which i did and got a default response.
VO: what do you mean by default? can you show me a copy of the response you got
ME: i didnt come with it.
VO: asked me to say what the response was.
ME: i could only remember THERE IS NO CRIME IN GIVING BIRTH IN THE UNITED STATES ( thanks to NL for always repeating this which got stuck in my head cos i cant even remember anything written in the letter).
VO: do you intend to use this visa for birthing in future?
US: NO.
VO: at the POE, you might be asked to provide proof of payment which should be made available. (and he gave us the white paper for pick up)
US: thanks.

thank you all for the tremendous contributions. God bless you all.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 5:42pm On Nov 02, 2016
U probably stayed in a city where one or both passports is processed. I'm in NJ and dey don't have office in NJ for same day processing of any of d 2 passports , neither do dey do expedited. D fastest processing time I know for US passport (from Funtolash) was 10 days. Plus d stress of New York waka from my location. Plus sometimes naija story com enter join. Machine faulty. Queue long. Mnwhile, travel date be approaching like kilode. Me,personally I no fit. I need time to bond wit my newbie. No stress. No pressure. I'll jump at d easiest and fastest offer rite now. Not to mention cheaper. Calculate d transport fees, plus inconvenience. Train. Uber. Lyft. Chai. Just thinking abt it now gives me chills ...
Edit
Ok I'm just seeing u did visa in Atl and u stayed in Texas. Dats fair enuf. Almost same but u got d US passport same day. Not applicable to me. Plus TX weather much friendlier than NJ-NY weather! THANKS
chibertha:

I hadmy babay in winter too.
with in one week i got all documentations.
First I got babay's USA paspport expidited (on Thursday)so I got it same day by 2.30pm Houston Time
Then posted same to Nigerian High Commission in Atlanta same day using (fedex) visa was stamped on friday and out in the mail I got in by 10am on saturday.

I only got Nigeria passport when i returned after one year,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 5:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
mumdearest:
Good day good people of NL and officially welcome to P.5 of this wonderful tread (all thanks to justwise and all sabi mamas and papas in the house).

ME: i could only remember THERE IS NO CRIME IN GIVING BIRTH IN THE UNITED STATES ( thanks to NL for always repeating this which got stuck in my head cos i cant even remember anything written in the letter).
VO: do you intend to use this visa for birthing in future?

thank you all for the tremendous contributions. God bless you all.

This the usual response when you send a mail. But why didn't you do drop box that was how i renewed mine when i returned after having my baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
TripleKMama:
U probably stayed in a city where one or both passports is processed. I'm in NJ and dey don't have office in NJ for same day processing of any of d 2 passports , neither do dey do expedited. D fastest processing time I know for US passport (from Funtolash) was 10 days. Plus d stress of New York waka from my location. Plus sometimes naija story com enter join. Machine faulty. Queue long. Mnwhile, travel date be approaching like kilode. Me,personally I no fit. I need time to bond wit my newbie. No stress. No pressure. I'll jump at d easiest and fastest offer rite now. Not to mention cheaper. Calculate d transport fees, plus inconvenience. Train. Uber. Lyft. Chai. Just thinking abt it now gives me chills ...

If your travl date is a month away you can get the usa passport like you said in 10days and the nijia visa in 24 hrs all by post trust me try this option it is better for you. PM me

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ok thanks.
chibertha:

If your travl date is a month away you can get the usa passport like you said in 10days and the nijia visa in 24 hrs all by post trust me try this option it is better for you. PM me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Egonne1(f): 6:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hello e-fam, posted about my luggages missing with Emirates. Finally all 5 of them have been found. Thank God o. So I learnt some things from this experience and thought to share. It took over 3 weeka for them to find the last luggage which was a Ghana must go. Apparently, the hand where the name tag was, cut off. If I had a picture of the bags, I would have gotten it a long time. Luckily, the bag contained weavons i got for some people that I had pictures of, amongst other things. They used the pictures of the weavons to find the bag.
Please let us either have pictures of our luggages and even contents of our bags as no one knows what may happen with all these airlines.
All the best to everyone.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 6:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
Egonne1:
Hello e-fam, posted about my luggages missing with Emirates. Finally all 5 of them have been found. Thank God o. So I learnt some things from this experience and thought to share. It took over 3 weeka for them to find the last luggage which was a Ghana must go. Apparently, the hand where the name tag was, cut off. If I had a picture of the bags, I would have gotten it a long time. Luckily, the bag contained weavons i got for some people that I had pictures of, amongst other things. They used the pictures of the weavons to find the bag.
Please let us either have pictures of our luggages and even contents of our bags as no one knows what may happen with all these airlines.
All the best to everyone.

Wow that was great. Thank you for this timely information
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feyishetan: 6:57pm On Nov 02, 2016
Sandy2k:
Silent member here grin Thanks to everyone who has been of help all through! Any dallas jan2017 mamas in the house? Lets hook up

Hello fellow Dallas Jan 2017 silent member. Please send me an email on toyin.akinyemi@yahoo.com . Lets hookup
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2016
TripleKMama:
Ok thanks.

check your mail i have sent you some info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lobus: 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=MumcDab post=50710027]

Abeg help me oh.Some people can be really mean, especially inlaws. On my first missionary journey, I stayed with SIL and MIL, it was very bad. i cleaned, cooked and had no life of my own. There were 3 adults in the house and each one would wake up and decide they wanted to eat different meals. As a proper yoruba girl, I did not complain cos I thought it would help me to be stronger, but the one that got me was after I had my baby, before I left She specifically asked me to clean her house before leaving. I cleaned everywhere.

Sorry! I have a question sha- What is your husband's stand in all of this? A husband must stand with his wife in every situation. These things happened cos of your husband. That's my take from your story.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sandy2k: 7:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
Yaayyy!! Will send an email to you soon.

Hello fellow Dallas Jan 2017 silent member. Please send me an email on toyin.akinyemi@yahoo.com . Lets hookup [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by coolhayor: 10:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
Tx a million @misscanada123 Any other person dat got infant free milk & reapplied & got new visa post-delivery pls share ur experience just incase she can pick 1 or 2 tips for d visa application . Thanks

misscanada123:

Free milk shouldn't hurt her chances of getting a visa. What they are really concerned about is if she registered for medicare isn't which case she wouldn't have paid medical bills. If she paid her hospital and doctor bills with receipt to show for it, she should be good to go.
This time around tell her not to register for freebies meant for residents for her peace of mind.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 11:39pm On Nov 02, 2016
Pls I need dat free milk. Is it Enfamil or Simi? grin
Abi na WIC? E be like say WIC no be for us o! Run!
coolhayor:
Tx a million @misscanada123 Any other person dat got infant free milk & reapplied & got new visa post-delivery pls share ur experience just incase she can pick 1 or 2 tips for d visa application . Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 2:50am On Nov 03, 2016
Bump.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 4:25am On Nov 03, 2016
@firstymum pls I will like to pm u to ask some questions. Kindly response when u have the time. Thank u in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lamisatuati: 4:27am On Nov 03, 2016
[quote author=chibertha post=50712175]

Then posted same to Nigerian High Commission in Atlanta same day using (fedex) visa was stamped on friday and out in the mail I got in by 10am on

Please I need information on how to go about getting the visa without an agent thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by simababe(f): 6:05am On Nov 03, 2016
TripleKMama:
Edit
Ok I'm just seeing u did visa in Atl and u stayed in Texas. Dats fair enuf. Almost same but u got d US passport same day. Not applicable to me. Plus TX weather much friendlier than NJ-NY weather! THANKS

Well I stayed in Queens then took a cab to manhattan for both naija passport n us passport. I got us passport second day n 9ja same day I was really eager to go home then . A lady I met came from new Jersey, she really tried cos it was along the line she found out her own naija passport has expired n she was short of cash, her dh had to send moneygram to her b4 she could process her own ETD, it was so bad that she said her host (Dh friend) couldn't lend her $5 to go pick up the moneytransfer. Mehn this journey isn't easy, may God help us all. .

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by simababe(f): 6:08am On Nov 03, 2016
TripleKMama:
Deal Alert grin
So I discovered dis lady dat sells stuff in my neighborhood. SHE does couponing (hectic) and sells very cheap. I just bot:

Carton of diapers $18 each. ‎One is 92pcs, two are 112, d rest are 148 pcs.

Bundle promo $30:
1carton Huggies Size 4,
1 Johnson  tear-free baby wash,
1 Johnson baby lotion,
3 Huggies baby wipes. 

Bonus Items. 
2 Eucerin baby wash.
1 Johnson baby oil. 
1 tide washing machine liquid soap. ‎
1 fabric softener. 
‎All delivered free to my door step grin

Wao. That's cool. I wished I was that lucky. Enjoyment galore.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 6:26am On Nov 03, 2016
Chanbaby:
@firstymum pls I will like to pm u to ask some questions. Kindly response when u have the time. Thank u in advance
done
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayokunle07(m): 8:01am On Nov 03, 2016
Topnotch22:
Very long post.
In the spirit of giving back, had a smooth journey – God took control all the way.
We booked BA for 29th of October late night flight, DH has already gotten to the airport as early as 3pm cos of the supposed queue at ttravellex while I stayed back at home and had already printed out the boarding pass. I got to the airport at about 7ish, DH hadn’t bee attended to yet. I checked in for both of us and continued the waiting game. It eventually got to our turn around 9pm – like @oye84 had earlier advised here on NL the fair lady with glasses that attended to us was pretty fast and understanding. We then proceeded to boarding, there was more than enough room and food on board and slept for most of it.

Please at what rate did you get the PTA?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by coolcathy(f): 8:46am On Nov 03, 2016
Has anyone bought pta from any bank in port Harcourt recently? And what was the rate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.