Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? (4617 Views)

Muslim Woman Marrying A Christian Man / Dear Muslims, Why Is Your Faith True While All Other Faiths Are False? / Muslims: Why Doesn't Allah Forgive The Sin Of Adultery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

Point of correction my dear friend. In Islam all the Prophets are given a higher status than ordinary human beings in as much as we are reminded that they are also flesh and blood like us (not to encourage us to worship them). We are not equal to the Prophets in the sight of Allah, because these are people specially selected by Allah to spread his message and what they go through, we mere human beings can't go through it and also on the day of judgement, these same Prophets are going to be accountable for themselves and Us in addition so how can we say they are equal to we ordinary human beings. (That is why when we mention Moses, Abraham, Jesus or Muhammad we end it with (PBUH)).
Romans 2:11, 'For God does not show favoritism'.

Acts 10:34,
'Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons'

The Christian God is not a respecter of person, even if he choses you as a prophet, after all he created his prophets. The prophets of God are not of equal status with God. The office of prophet-hood is a rare privilege that can be withdrawn. So God cannot make a parallel rule for his prophet and another rule for ordinary people. It might be the case in Islam.

God cannot make a rule for Muslims to take a maximum of 4 wives but allow Mohammed to take more that 11 wives. God will not recommend young widow to re-marry, in order to bear fruit, but ask Muslims not to marry Mohammed's widows while Mohammed himself took many widows as wives.

God cannot break his rule to honour mortal men, unless you want to tell me that allahh is just an instrument in Mohammed's hand.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by seunH: 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:

Romans 2:11, 'For God does not show favoritism'.

Acts 10:34,
'Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons'

The Christian God is not a respecter of person, even if he choses you as a prophet, after all he created his prophets. The prophets of God are not of equal status with God. The office of prophet-hood is a rare privilege that can be withdrawn. So God cannot make a parallel rule for his prophet and another rule for ordinary people. It might be the case in Islam.

God cannot make a rule for Muslims to take a maximum of 4 wives but allow Mohammed to take more that 11 wives. God will not recommend young widow to re-marry, in order to bear fruit, but ask Muslims not to marry Mohammed's widows while Mohammed himself took many widows as wives.

God cannot break his rule to honour mortal men, unless you want to tell me that allahh is just an instrument in Mohammed's hand.

Let me explain this clearly so that we can all gain from this conversation and it won't be a waste of time. I repeat, in Islam Allah placed some people (Prophets) above others in His sight among their generation. As such, based on the critical position they occupy and their responsibilities, they are granted certain privileges for reasons known best known to Allah. For example in the case of the Prophet marrying more the 4 wives about (14), this was done for a purpose in line with the calling and responsibilities of the Prophet. How? The prophet didn't marry them out of lust as usually presumed, in fact my brother majority of the prophet's wives were previously married and some even old. Many of these women were married to the prophet as a form bond between two hostile communities to avoid crises in future, some were married to the Prophet because they lost their husbands in battle and wanted to be under the jurisdiction of the prophet and for other reasons which were in line with his responsibilities. If the marriage was simply for lust as presumed I doubt if he would go for those kind of women. That's just an example of some privileges which were specifically in line with is calling as dictated by Allah.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by annunaki2(m): 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

Let me explain this clearly so that we can all gain from this conversation and it won't be a waste of time. I repeat, in Islam Allah placed some people (Prophets) above others in His sight among their generation. As such, based on the critical position they occupy and their responsibilities, they are granted certain privileges for reasons known best known to Allah. For example in the case of the Prophet marrying more the 4 wives about (14), this was done for a purpose in line with the calling and responsibilities of the Prophet. How? The prophet didn't marry them out of lust as usually presumed, in fact my brother majority of the prophet's wives were previously married and some even old. Many of these women were married to the prophet as a form bond between two hostile communities to avoid crises in future, some were married to the Prophet because they lost their husbands in battle and wanted to be under the jurisdiction of the prophet and for other reasons which were in line with his responsibilities. If the marriage was simply for lust as presumed I doubt if he would go for those kind of women. That's just an example of some privileges which were specifically in line with is calling as dictated by Allah.

If he wasn't a lustful character, how come despite having so many wives he still kept sex slaves and he was in the habit of sleeping with his wives maids?(this was corroborated by the quoran and not just hadiths)

5 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

Can you mention any single prophet (with example), aside the prophet of allahh, Mohammed, who God gives a special privilege over the rest of the citizens? Can you mention a single incidence?

If you want to be sincere, the God of the Bible treated human beings equally, irrespective of your religious and political status but the allahh of the Quran gave Mohammed certain privilege that no other Muslim is expected to enjoy.

Mohammed married more than 4 wives while he asked others to limit theirs to 4 and your justification is that it was because of his calling and responsibilities, but if you look at the Quran very well, it has nothing to do with any calling or responsibility but all about ego and the attitude of a master capon who usually act against the rule. Its like justifying the Nigerian police for always taking 'one way' while the same police will arrest anybody that takes one way. Maybe you never knew the mindset of absolute rulers and their beliefs in divine privileges until when challenged.

Mohammed, in the quran , made it clear that he is entitled to any believing woman who offered herself to him, whether married or single (Quran 33: 50). Note that the privilege of marrying any believing who offered herself is only entitled to Mohammed and not to any other Muslim. The hadith below also confirmed this barbaric practice:

Narrated Sahl bin Sad: While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Sad, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." ' And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (65.4) And the 'Iddat for the girl before puberty is three months (sahih bukhari 7:62:63).

In a sane society, no any woman will willingly present herself to a man for sex or marriage, but in Mohammed's time, women were presenting themselves to him free of charge, he accepted some and rejected others and this act was sanctioned by allahh (Quran 33:50). This is how Mohammed was able to acquire many women, aside from the sex slaves whom his right hand posses (Quran 8:1).

Mohammed's lust for women does not have anything to do with responsibility but all about sex. The case of zainab and his wife is a good example (Quran 33:37, history of al-tabari vol 8, pages 2-4).

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by LifestyleTonite: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

Let me explain this clearly so that we can all gain from this conversation and it won't be a waste of time. I repeat, in Islam Allah placed some people (Prophets) above others in His sight among their generation. As such, based on the critical position they occupy and their responsibilities, they are granted certain privileges for reasons known best known to Allah.
Tell me, what special privileges did God grant other prophets? Just mention 2.

seunH:

For example in the case of the Prophet marrying more the 4 wives about (14), this was done for a purpose in line with the calling and responsibilities of the Prophet. How? The prophet didn't marry them out of lust as usually presumed, in fact my brother majority of the prophet's wives were previously married and some even old.
He didnt marry them out of lust cos they were OLD

If Mohammad could stoop so low as to marry a 6yr old girl and consummated the marriage when she turned 9yrs old, then such a man won't mind marrying someone old. He simple lacked taste. Mind you, his first wife was far older than him and was a widow.

seunH:

Many of these women were married to the prophet as a form bond between two hostile communities to avoid crises in future, some were married to the Prophet because they lost their husbands in battle and wanted to be under the jurisdiction of the prophet and for other reasons which were in line with his responsibilities.
Na wah for Allah o.

So, there were no more men to marry those women other than Mohammad that he had to break his own laws and principles.

seunH:

If the marriage was simply for lust as presumed I doubt if he would go for those kind of women. That's just an example of some privileges which were specifically in line with is calling as dictated by Allah.
A Mohammad that married an OLDER widow as his first wife would definitely marry any old lady he comes across cos he lusts after anything.

How come his calling is totally strange from others who came from Yahweh?

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by Zeinymira(f): 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

Sorry please what is al taquiya?? Sincerely I don't know maybe I can learn from you.....!!!

Bros, these peeps are mischief makers. They asked these questions to mock the Prophet of Allah and what they don't know is they can't hate the Prophet more than the people of Makkah. Even with the clear explanations they will continue to argue stupidly. Just save yourself the stress. Only few of them ask question with sincerity.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by seunH: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
Can you mention any single prophet (with example), aside the prophet of allahh, Mohammed, who God gives a special privilege over the rest of the citizens? Can you mention a single incidence?

If you want to be sincere, the God of the Bible treated human beings equally, irrespective of your religious and political status but the allahh of the Quran gave Mohammed certain privilege that no other Muslim is expected to enjoy.

Mohammed married more than 4 wives while he asked others to limit theirs to 4 and your justification is that it was because of his calling and responsibilities, but if you look at the Quran very well, it has nothing to do with any calling or responsibility but all about ego and the attitude of a master capon who usually act against the rule. Its like justifying the Nigerian police for always taking 'one way' while the same police will arrest anybody that takes one way. Maybe you never knew the mindset of absolute rulers and their beliefs in divine privileges until when challenged.

Mohammed, in the quran , made it clear that he is entitled to any believing woman who offered herself to him, whether married or single (Quran 33: 50). Note that the privilege of marrying any believing who offered herself is only entitled to Mohammed and not to any other Muslim. The hadith below also confirmed this barbaric practice:

Narrated Sahl bin Sad: While we were sitting in the company of the Prophet a woman came to him and presented herself (for marriage) to him. The Prophet looked at her, lowering his eyes and raising them, but did not give a reply. One of his companions said, "Marry her to me O Allah's Apostle!" The Prophet asked (him), "Have you got anything?" He said, "I have got nothing." The Prophet said, "Not even an iron ring?" He Sad, "Not even an iron ring, but I will tear my garment into two halves and give her one half and keep the other half." The Prophet; said, "No. Do you know some of the Quran (by heart)?" He said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "Go, I have agreed to marry her to you with what you know of the Qur'an (as her Mahr)." ' And for those who have no courses (i.e. they are still immature). (65.4) And the 'Iddat for the girl before puberty is three months (sahih bukhari 7:62:63).

In a sane society, no any woman will willingly present herself to a man for sex or marriage, but in Mohammed's time, women were presenting themselves to him free of charge, he accepted some and rejected others and this act was sanctioned by allahh (Quran 33:50). This is how Mohammed was able to acquire many women, aside from the sex slaves whom his right hand posses (Quran 8:1).

Mohammed's lust for women does not have anything to do with responsibility but all about sex. The case of zainab and his wife is a good example (Quran 33:37, history of al-tabari vol 8, pages 2-4).

Before I respond, ill like to commend you for making you response civil and respectful despite our difference in ideology and ill like to say I've gained a lot so far, please my brother keep it up and I'm sure u'll go places.
Back to the Issue at hand, please permit me to itemize my response numerically.
1) Many Prophets were given special privileges aside Muhammad but I will like to focus on only one of them because of the availability of extensive literature about him, which can be confirmed by the 2 of us, and that person in no other than PROPHET SOLOMON (SULIEMAN). Allah forbade all of mankind and even other prophets from interacting with jinns, it was only Prophet Sulaiman that was granted that special privilege to interact and even command jinns (even the Muhammad wasn't given such privilege) *for more info check Surat Naml

2) I don't want to delve into christianity but if you insist, ill advice you to read the old testament very well and you will see that not everybody were given same equal privileges, God even selected people amongst the Israelites who could enter the tabanacle and even carry a special box (can remember the name of the box) and also those who can perform special rites
*for more info check lay emphasis on the first 4 books

3) My brother let's be realistic, a man who was offered wealth and rejected, position as the king of Arabia and yet rejected it would now want to massage his ego by marrying 14 wives, haaaaa !!! Also if you say lust, a man who doubles as a president, chief of defence, chief justice and chief imam would now have time to lust after 14 women when even our president I doubt if he has time for his wife despite Nigeria not facing external adversaries. Come on my bro, let cut him a slack

4) For Nigerian police passing one way, it can be justified if their passing of one way is in line with their primary responsibilities: Fighting crime ( e.g. Chasing a robber who tried using one way to escape)

5) Habaaaa my brother,this is "christian al taquiya" (lolz, Pls don't take me serious, just kidding) but seriously I cross checked that verse you quoted with my wife and I didn't see where it was written that the Prophet was entitled to any believing woman who offered herself to him, whether MARRIED OR SINGLE (Quran 33: 50).

6) So if women were presenting themselves to the Noble Prophet, how is it now his fault or how is that his problem or maybe its me that its not getting your point. The women had reasons why they presented themselves to him, which was noted earlier in my previous post.

*Please my brother make your response the final closing statement and ill make mine and God willing we will continue next week with this or any other topic. Remember tomorrow is Monday

BTW. I really enjoyed this conversion, sincerely I gained a lot. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

Before I respond, ill like to commend you for making you response civil and respectful despite our difference in ideology and ill like to say I've gained a lot so far, please my brother keep it up and I'm sure u'll go places.
1) Many Prophets were given special privileges aside Muhammad but I will like to focus on only one of them because of the availability of extensive literature about him, which can be confirmed by the 2 of us, and that person in no other than PROPHET SOLOMON (SULIEMAN). Allah forbade all of mankind and even other prophets from interacting with jinns, it was only Prophet Sulaiman that was granted that special privilege to interact and even command jinns (even the Muhammad wasn't given such privilege) *for more info check Surat Naml

2) I don't want to delve into christianity but if you insist, ill advice you to read the old testament very well and you will see that not everybody were given same equal privileges, God even selected people amongst the Israelites who could enter the tabanacle and even carry a special box (can remember the name of the box) and also those who can perform special rites

3) My brother let's be realistic, a man who was offered wealth and rejected, position as the king of Arabia and yet rejected it would now want to massage his ego by marrying 14 wives, haaaaa !!! Also if you say lust, a man who doubles as a president, chief of defence, chief justice and chief imam would now have time to lust after 14 women when even our president I doubt if he has time for his wife despite Nigeria not facing external adversaries. Come on my bro, let cut him a slack

4) For Nigerian police passing one way, it can be justified if their passing of one way is in line with their primary responsibilities: Fighting crime ( e.g. Chasing a robber who tried using one way to escape)

5) Habaaaa my brother,this is "christian al taquiya" (lolz, Pls don't take me serious, just kidding) but seriously I cross checked that verse you quoted with my wife and I didn't see where it was written that the Prophet was entitled to any believing woman who offered herself to him, whether MARRIED OR SINGLE (Quran 33: 50).

6) So if women were presenting themselves to the Noble Prophet, how is it now his fault or how is that his problem or maybe its me that its not getting your point. The women had reasons why they presented themselves to him, which was noted earlier in my previous post.

*Please my brother make your response the final closing statement and ill make mine and God willing we will continue next week with this or any other topic. Remember tomorrow is Monday

Thanks for learning new things about Islam and your noble prophet. I will respond to you tomorrow.

Danke, Tschuss.
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by seunH: 8:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
Thanks for learning new things about Islam and your noble prophet. I will respond to you tomorrow.

Danke, Tschuss.

You are always welcomed my big boss, Please always feel free to holla at me any time. Thanks so much once again for your time. It has been very nice meeting you.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by LifestyleTonite: 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
seunH:

Pls, don't use the Quran to tell us the story of Solomon cos even the Bible didn't record that he commanded jinns or whatever you call them.

Besides, Solomon was not a prophet but a king. The Bible never recorded him as a prophet.

Kindly tells us how one of these real prophets, Moses, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Daniel etc got special privilege.

seunH:

The privileges we are talking about are not about entering one tabernacle or not. God made some rich and some average. He made black and some white people. Those are normal privileges cos all hands are not equal.

Whay we are talking about are privileges that would make God break his own laws and principles like Allah always did to satisfy Mohammad.

which other prophet enjoyed such i.eGod breaking his own laws to satisfy them?

seunH:

Those were just titles he rejected. But in essence, he was Lord over all he conquered in the name of Islam. It's like someone living a kingly life yet telling people who bow down to him not to call him a king.

seunH:

[quote author=seunH post=50634459]

[quote author=seunH post=50634459]
Wasnt he suppose to reject them since he had already reached Allah's stipulated 4 wives for a Muslim?

He just kept accepting them by breaking Allah's laws and claiming a special privilege.

seunH:

not addressed to me

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by Empiree: 11:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
true2god:
In Quran 33:53, Mohammed gave an instruction that no one should marry his wives after his death. Can Muslims do justice to this instruction by Mohammed?
Very simple. Prophet (Allah's Blessings and Peace be upon him)'s wives are not like ordinary women. They are mother to the believers (muslims). You are just trying to argue that it was unjust to the wives to be forbidden to remarry. But such an argument shows total ignorance of the details of the issue and status of the wives of the Prophet (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) in the House of Islam.

I was wondering why you did not quote preceding verse in the same chapter (sura 33:6)?. In very clear terms Quran calls the Wives of the Holy Prophet (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) as the Mothers of the Believers. Allah says in the Holy Quran:

[size=14pt]"The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers." (Quran 33:6)[/size]

This shows the strong spiritual connection between the Holy Prophet's wives and the Believers and obviously the command under discussion goes very much in consonance with their status mentioned here. None with even the slightest sense of morality will ever take an exception to it. Question now is, will you marry your mother tru2god?. If you can marry your mother you are very disgusting.

And his [Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him] wives will remain his even in the Hereafter:

There is a prayer in Hadith, a prayer of the Holy Prophet (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) regarding his wives. It is stated:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : سألت ربي عز وجل أن لا أزوج أحدا من أمتي ، ولا أتزوج إلا كان معي في الجنة فأعطاني

Allah's Messenger (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) said: [size=14pt]'I asked Allah that I marry none of my people but she be with me in the Heaven and I was granted.'[/size] (Mustadrik Al-Hakim, Hadith 4650. Hakim termed it as Sahih)

And as they were to be the wives of the Prophet (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) both here and hereafter so the wives of the Holy Prophet (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) were not allowed to marry any other person. Following narration makes it absolutely clear:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : المرأة لآخر أزواجها

Allah’s Messenger (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) said: ‘[In the Paradise,] [size=14pt]a woman will be with her last husband.[/size]’ (Tabaqaat Abu Shaikh p.270. Albani classified it as Sahih in Silsala Sahiha H. 1281)

Finally, wives of the prophet [Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him] never showed any will to remarry after him.

Lobatan
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by kachi19: 12:32am On Oct 31, 2016
The funny thing here is that over half of Muslims in Nigeria cantbread their holy book, they take classes maybe for like 10yrs to learn Arabic, I just wonder if these thing some of them tell is actually wat they read or what they're told?!? #JustSaying.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 6:07am On Oct 31, 2016
Empiree:
Very simple. Prophet (Allah's Blessings and Peace be upon him)'s wives are not like ordinary women. They are mother to the believers (muslims). You are just trying to argue that it was unjust to the wives to be forbidden to remarry. But such an argument shows total ignorance of the details of the issue and status of the wives of the Prophet (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) in the House of Islam.

I was wondering why you did not quote preceding verse in the same chapter (sura 33:6)?. In very clear terms Quran calls the Wives of the Holy Prophet (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) as the Mothers of the Believers. Allah says in the Holy Quran:

[size=14pt]"The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves, and his wives are their mothers." (Quran 33:6)[/size]

This shows the strong spiritual connection between the Holy Prophet's wives and the Believers and obviously the command under discussion goes very much in consonance with their status mentioned here. None with even the slightest sense of morality will ever take an exception to it. Question now is, will you marry your mother tru2god?. If you can marry your mother you are very disgusting.

And his [Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him] wives will remain his even in the Hereafter:

There is a prayer in Hadith, a prayer of the Holy Prophet (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) regarding his wives. It is stated:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : سألت ربي عز وجل أن لا أزوج أحدا من أمتي ، ولا أتزوج إلا كان معي في الجنة فأعطاني

Allah's Messenger (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) said: [size=14pt]'I asked Allah that I marry none of my people but she be with me in the Heaven and I was granted.'[/size] (Mustadrik Al-Hakim, Hadith 4650. Hakim termed it as Sahih)

And as they were to be the wives of the Prophet (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) both here and hereafter so the wives of the Holy Prophet (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) were not allowed to marry any other person. Following narration makes it absolutely clear:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : المرأة لآخر أزواجها

Allah’s Messenger (Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him) said: ‘[In the Paradise,] [size=14pt]a woman will be with her last husband.[/size]’ (Tabaqaat Abu Shaikh p.270. Albani classified it as Sahih in Silsala Sahiha H. 1281)

Finally, wives of the prophet [Allah's peace and Blessings be upon him] never showed any will to remarry after him.

Lobatan
I understand your respect for your prophet and your desperation in defending him, even if he goes wrong. For him calling his wives 'the mother of believer' does not make his wives the mother to anyone. It is for the new Muslim group to accord his wives respect as wives of their egomaniac leader, that's all. Mohammed is not the first leader whose wife remarry after his death.And besides, you asked a foolish and insultive question:'can you marry your mother?' Your mother is your mother and you can't compare your mother to Mohammed's wives. I don't know for Muslims, but my mother is more important to me, in terms of respect and reverence, than the wife of anyone on earth. Learn how to respect your mother, and other people's mother, irrespective of your belief system.

Mohammed was an insecure and a jealous man to have given such an instruction (quran 33:50). No any king or ruler gives that instruction prior his death. If you don't see it that way, that means you have a problem. If Mohammed married so many widow, why can't Mohammed's widows re-marry? The implication of Mohammed's instruction was that Aisha, safiyya, Zainab, etc died childless. No any God gave Mohammed that instruction, it is his wish that no one should sleep with any of his wives, even after he has gone.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by golpen(m): 10:31am On Oct 31, 2016
true2god:
In Quran 33:53, Mohammed gave an instruction that no one should marry his wives after his death. Can Muslims do justice to this instruction by Mohammed?

This question will only go far, if you can tell me which of the previous prophets' wives remarried after their demise. Just one, with a good source.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by golpen(m): 10:38am On Oct 31, 2016
Badgers14:
Erhmmm... I wouldn't say i know the answer since I am non- muslim but since this issue was brought up... Let me add another question to it grin grin so our dear muslim scholars will do justice to it.

Why did Muhammed against his daughters been married as a second wife even though polygamy is ok per the Quaran

I just asked a question, don't throw darts at me.

Don't wallow in ignorance and myopic bigotry. If your daughter is to marry whom you know is dangerous for her, you'll object to it. But Marriage is lawful anyway.

The lady that was to be married as a second to the prophet's daughter, is the daughter to one of the head kufaar (Idol worshippers), and also the greatest open enemy of Islam and the prophet pbuh. Would you have allowed such for your beloved daughter?
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 31, 2016
true2god:
I understand your respect for your prophet and your desperation in defending him, even if he goes wrong. For him calling his wives 'the mother of believer' does not make his wives the mother to anyone. It is for the new Muslim group to accord his wives respect as wives of their egomaniac leader, that's all. Mohammed is not the first leader whose wife remarry after his death.And besides, you asked a foolish and insultive question:'can you marry your mother?' Your mother is your mother and you can't compare your mother to Mohammed's wives. I don't know for Muslims, but my mother is more important to me, in terms of respect and reverence, than the wife of anyone on earth. Learn how to respect your mother, and other people's mother, irrespective of your belief system.

Mohammed was an insecure and a jealous man to have given such an instruction (quran 33:50). No any king or ruler gives that instruction prior his death. If you don't see it that way, that means you have a problem. If Mohammed married so many widow, why can't Mohammed's widows re-marry? The implication of Mohammed's instruction was that Aisha, safiyya, Zainab, etc died childless. No any God gave Mohammed that instruction, it is his wish that no one should sleep with any of his wives, even after he has gone.

"They are CONCEITED and understand NOTHING. They have an UNHEALTHY interest in CONTROVERSIES and QUARRELS about words that result to envy, strife, malicious talk suspicions" . 1 Timothy 6:4.

YOUR QUESTION HAS BEEN PERFECTLY ANSWERED BY EMPIREE. "CAN YOU MARRY YOUR MOTHER"?

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2016
According to the HOLY BIBLE. Jesus Christ gave a principle of RELIABILITY in Luke 16:10.

It reads as thus: "He who is FAITHFUL in a very little thing is ALSO FAITHFUL in much and he who is UNRIGHTEOUS in a little thing is ALSO UNRIGHTEOUS in much" Luke 16:10.

Can you deny that MR. PETER is a BLATANT LIAR, A HYPOCRITE!?. Why then are you quoting the Book of Acts, words of a BLATANT LIAR!!! MR. PETER, A FAITHLESS HYPOCRITE!?.

Stupid question!........................its because the BLATANT LYING SPIRIT OF MR.PETER LIVES IN YOU!!!

Did he not LIE in the very face of Jesus Christ THREE TIMES, openly DENYING Christ before CO'CK-A-DOO-DLE-DOO during the cruxi-FICTION?

Can you also DENY!?

Isn't that FAITHLESSNESS and judging by the principle of reliability in LUKE 16:10. MR PETER IS NOBODY BUT A HYPOCRITE A BLATANT LIAR, FAITHLESS!!!

If this Mr. Peter had roamed about with Jesus Christ according to the Bible stories all through as a foremost Disciple of Jesus Christ. Where was he when Jesus was teaching "AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE". John 8: 32

Where was Mr.Peter's ears?..................... Was he DEAF!? Where was is heart?................... Was it LOCKED UP!?

IF NOT A HYPOCRITE, FAITHLESS, A LIAR. WHO ELSE WILL DENY HIS MASTER THREE TIMES IN A MATTER THAT SHOULD BE A CONFIRMATION OF HIS FAITH IN THE  TEACHINGS OF HIS MASTER. WHAT DOES HE HAVE TO LOSE IF HE HAD TOLD THE TRUTH.

My point is this:

Has anyone ever wondered why MOST Christians are HYPOCRITES. The spirit of Mr. Peter runs in them like a high traffic sewage pipe carrying all kinds of waste materials.

Because it was this BLATANT LIAR, Mr. Peter to whom was ENTRUSTED the flock of Sheep according to the HOLY BIBLE. So you all took the Spirit of TELLING LIES and HYPOCRISY and SLANDER from the FAITHLESS MR. PETER!!!

"Friends deceiving friends no one speaks the TRUTH, the have taught their tongue to LIE, the weary themselves with SINNING. You live in the midst of DECEPTION. In DECEIT they refuse to acknowledge ME declares the LORD" Jeremaiah 9:5-6.

"AGAIN AND AGAIN WILL THOSE WHO DISBELIEVE, WISH THAT THEY HAD BOWED IN ISLAM. LEAVE THEM ALONE, TO ENJOY AND PLEASE THEMSELVES: LET FALSE HOPE AMUSE THEM: SOON WILL KNOWLEDGE (undeceive them). Quran 15:3.

ONLY HYPOCRITES WASTE THEIR TIME ASKING QUESTIONS INTENDED TO LEADS TO CONTROVERSIES BECAUSE THEY ARE AGENTS OF THE DEVIL.

This is what the HOLY BIBLE says:

"If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not BRIDLE his tongue but deceives his hearts, THIS ONE'S RELIGION IS USELESS" Epistle of James chapter 1 verse 26.

What do you MOSTLY come to do here?

TELL LIES, UPON LIES, UPON LIES, UPON LIES, INSULT, ABUSE......................SLANDERING IS FOOD TO YOUR SOULS.

"This ones religion is USELESS" says the HOLY BIBLE.

You asked a question and ANSWERS have been given of which any mind that is flourishing with WISDOM understands and will stay at peace.

"But a FOOL like you has no delight in undestanding but in expressing his own (diseased) heart" Proverbs 18:2

And because you are DEVILS agents........you continue in your DEVILISHNESS and FOOLISHNESS.

"Whoever spread SLANDER is a FOOL" Proverbs 10:18.

So, you invest your life in Slander.

"The WICKED MAN sow DECEPTIVE work, but he who sow RIGHTEOUSNESS will have a SURE REWARD". Proverbs 11:8

WICKED SOULS, sowing Sorrow for your tomorrow. Reflect upon this verse below if indeed your are Christians.

"PURE and UNDEFILED religion before God and the father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble and to KEEP ONESELF UNPOTTED FROM THE WORLD" James 1:27

Instead of seeking to purify your STINKING SOULS, you hypocrites can't help running your mouths like broken sewage pipe. STENCH EVERY WHERE.

"The HYPOCRITE with his mouth destroys his neighbour but through knowledge the RIGHTEOUS will be delivered" Proverbs 11:9

Do I blame you? NO!!!

Its from the ROOT to the FRUITS............THE LYING SPIRITS OF MR PETER AND ST. PAUL.Christianity is the highest producers of those who are saying that "THERE IS NO GOD". What kind of fruit is CHRISTIANITY producing.

Use Nairaland as a case study. These people flocking around shouting in dismay that "THERE IS NO GOD" and yet can't shut their mouths but always talking about "GOD" so obsessed about "GOD" its all the same spirit of HYPOCRISY. Christinaity has turned their minds UP-SIDE-DOW and in SUSPENSION, CONFUSED, SWINGING TO-and FRO......IN THE OCEAN OF DOUBT, IGNORANCE AND ARROGANCE.

Jesus Christ according to the HOLY BIBLE also gave a principle for Quality Control, in Mathew 12:33.

"A GOOD TREE cannot produce BAD FRUITS, nor can a BAD FRUIT produce GOOD FRUITS". Matthew 7: 18

Are those who say, "THERE IS NO GOD" Bad Fruits? I see Christians always fighting with them now and then. AIN'T THEY YOUR FRUITS!?

Now comes the JUDGEMENT.

"EVERY TREE THAT DOES NOT PRODUCE GOOD FRUIT IS CUT AND THROWN INTO THE FIRE" Matthew 7: 19

It doesn't end there, it continues by telling us that,

"Therefore by their fruits you will know them" Matthew 7:20.

They are always on NL running dyfunctionally telling BLATANT LIES, SLANDEROUS AND INSULTING.

The FIRE awaits all of you!!!

"The axe is already laid at the root of the trees. Therefore EVERY TREE that does not produce GOOD FRUIT is cut down and thrown into the FIRE."  Matthew 3:10

Annunaki2, true2god anas09, parisbookaddict, blackfire, 4evergod3, and the rest of the gang should take note.

"Not EVERYONE who say to Me in that day. Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father" Matthew 7:21

IS SLANDER ONE OF THIS WILL OF GOD? TELLING LIES AND INSULTING?.

"Are the ashamed to these DISQUSTING actions? NOT AT ALL, they don't even know how to BLUSH" Jeremaiah 8:12

"AH!!! WHAT BOLDNESS (THEY SHOW) FOR THE FIRE!". Quran 2:175.

During the life time of Muhammad PBUH people did far worse than all you guys spend your time doing. BUT THEIR END WAS NO GOOD. MAY YOU SUFFER THE SAME FATE UNLESS YOUR START MINDING YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

"Whoever digs a pit will fall into it, and he who have rolls a stone will have it roll back on him" Proverbs 26:27

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by ypeace: 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Jazakumullahu khairan.....

They would have come here to say that the Sohabas married their mothers if they married them.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by najib632(m): 11:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
true2god:
He didn't give the order God gave it.
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:52am On Dec 13, 2018
LifestyleTonite:
Very wrong!

All humans are equal in God's eyes

Acts 10:34

So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality,

Galatians 3:28

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 2:11

"For there is no respect of persons with God."

Yahweh doesn't show favouritism. This is why he is not Allah. So, all biblical prophets are equal with other humans.

To show that God doesn't do favouritism, when Yahshua asked for God to take away the cup of pains about to become of him, if God was a partial One, he would have favoured the request.

Luke 22:41-42

41 And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and
v knelt down and prayed, 42 saying, w “Father, if you are willing, remove x this cup from me.
y Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”

Had it been it was Allah and Mohammad, that request would have been granted cos seunH says Allah places his prophets above other humans. This show that Allah not the God of the Bible.

lies upon lies!

See how this people were dealt with:

Jesus in the Bible ordered this:

Numbers 31 vs 17-18
So now, kill all the boys, and kill every woman who has had relations with a man, 18 but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.

Judges 21:10-11

10 So the congregation sent 12,000 of their most valiant men and commanded them: “Go and put to the sword those living in Jabesh-gilead, including women and children. 11 This is what you are to do: Completely destroy every male, as well as every female who has had relations with a man.”So the congregation sent 12,000 of their most valiant men and commanded them: “Go and put to the sword those living in Jabesh-gilead, including women and children.

Son of Gods slept with daughters of men

Gen 6 vs 1-2

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they atook them wives of all which they chose.

Don't tell me Jesus was not among the sons of God that came to sleep with the daughters of men!
How do you know a girl has not had relations with a man before?
Why kill women that are not virgins but spare virgins for themselves?
Why can't the men be forgiven?
Why kill so much...only to end up killing yourself on a stake/cross?

I guess Jesus (in the Bible) was not the same in the New Testament! Jesus Christ, not the same today, yesterday and forever!

Cc: Okunrinoloro (Toxic man)

Actually i don't like invading threads or christian section but your insanity on our thread is too much!

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 7:58am On Dec 14, 2018
WORDWORLD:

"They are CONCEITED and understand NOTHING. They have an UNHEALTHY interest in CONTROVERSIES and QUARRELS about words that result to envy, strife, malicious talk suspicions" . 1 Timothy 6:4.

YOUR QUESTION HAS BEEN PERFECTLY ANSWERED BY EMPIREE. "CAN YOU MARRY YOUR MOTHER"?

Aisha is not the mother to any of the sahabas, either spiritually or biologically. It is all about protecting the ego of the islamic prophet, even after his death. Aisha did not have any spiritual or moral impact on anyone.

Calling a 7th century Arab lady your mother is an insult to your mother and she deserves an apology from you.

You never give any logical reason why Mohammed asked any of his sahabas not to marry any of his wives except throwing 'jabs' and insults.
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 14, 2018
Stop debating with kufar... You won't listen. .

Where did rosul or sahabahs ever did that .

See the mess you put yourself in..

Leave them to their dolal
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 14, 2018
Hadith

أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ زُرَارَةَ، قَالَ أَنْبَأَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ، عَنْ أَيُّوبَ، عَنْ أَبِي قِلاَبَةَ، عَنْ مُعَاذَةَ الْعَدَوِيَّةِ، قَالَتْ سَأَلَتِ امْرَأَةٌ عَائِشَةَ أَتَقْضِي الْحَائِضُ الصَّلاَةَ فَقَالَتْ أَحَرُورِيَّةٌ أَنْتِ قَدْ كُنَّا نَحِيضُ عِنْدَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَلاَ نَقْضِي وَلاَ نُؤْمَرُ بِقَضَاءٍ ‏.‏

It was narrated that Mu'adhah Al-'Adawiyyah said:

"A woman asked 'Aishah: 'Should a menstruating woman make up the Salah she misses? She said: 'Are you a Haruri? [1] We used to menstruate during the time of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) but we did not make up the missed Salah nor were we commanded to do so.'" [1] Meaning are you one of the Khawarij. Harura is a place associated with a group of the Khawarij.

Sahih (Darussalam)

Sunan an-Nasa'i 382
In-book : Book 3, Hadith 34
English translation : Vol. 1, Book 3, Hadith 382

Get Hadith Collection (All in one) App:https:///8j06i9

That's the answer to your question..

Everything concerning ibadah is from Allah
Every order is from Allah. .

Rosul is a messenger.. A warner..

We Muslims, we hear and we obey..

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 10:38am On Dec 14, 2018
Abuheekmat:
Stop debating with kufar... You won't listen. .

Where did rosul or sahabahs ever did that .

See the mess you put yourself in..

Leave them to their dolal
Don't close your mind to a divergent view. God gives us brain to THINK and have critical thinking skills. Do not let the event (and people) that you do not even know anything about, except being taught in church or/and madrassas, shape your 21st century world outlook.

It still baffles me that a man who married more than 5 widows will give an instruction that no man should marry his widow(s) and you don't see any hypocrisy in that. Religion is a really a very powerful tool.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 14, 2018
true2god:
Don't close your mind to a divergent view. God gives us brain to THINK and have critical thinking skills. Do not let the event (and people) that you do not even know anything about, except being taught in church or/and madrassas, shape your 21st century world outlook.

It still baffles me that a man who married more than 5 widows will give an instruction that no man should marry his widow(s) and you don't see any hypocrisy in that. Religion is a really a very powerful tool.

Laughing.. You have a working brain to think and yet you are not a Muslim.. In this digital age..

Laughing..

Your brain is dead
You dead man walking
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by AryEmber(f): 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
true2god, if you say the bible God view every body equal, what happen to 'thou shall not touch my anointed'.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by aadoiza: 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
According to the ignorant true2god, he and his fellow hypocritical christians are equal to Jesus, Abraham, Moses, Elijah, David, the holy Mary( mother of their god) et.al. Even your Yahweh go dey run mad from this your drivel
Re: Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? by true2god: 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2018
Abuheekmat:

Your brain is dead
You dead man walking
This is what a brainwashed person will say when he has no logical explanation to give. Only an ignorant mofo will prefer a dead Arabian lady, who made zero contribution to his life, over his biological mother.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why The High Rate Of Conversion To Christianity? / The Death Of The Prophet: Coming Soon / Religion And Education In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.