Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Why I Joined Accord Party: Jimoh Ibrahim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Joined Accord Party: Jimoh Ibrahim (2413 Views)

Doyin Okupe Officially Joins Accord Party [PHOTOS] / Governor Okowa's Branded Bags Of Rice With Accord Party Surface (Photos) / INEC Declares Accord Party Winner Of Warri By-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Joined Accord Party: Jimoh Ibrahim by engineerboat(m): 11:38am On Oct 30, 2016
Don’t you think the contest would be between the major political parties-

The PDP and the APC and probably with the emergence of a third force?
The political parties in the state have problem. Accord party (AP) is not very popular, PDP is dead, and the APC has crisis of who will be the candidate of the party; so obviously you cannot say this is the party that would win election in the state.
I also support the idea of meeting the aspirants because election should not be do or die affairs. How do we solve the problems of Ondo State should be our concern. Even if am not running, am likely going to support, who will solve the problem of the state not who could win or who is popular. Such person can run under Accord, APC but really not PDP.

If we cannot be governor, we are too strong to make sure that PDP doesn’t produce a successor. I can’t imagine a PDP candidate would come to this area and say he wants to win election here. Every Ondo South Senatorial district is entitled to the governorship of Ondo State morally as at today. Who has the greatest moral consideration for governorship race should be southern senatorial district because they only produced once and didn’t spent second term; in the north there had been two that had been produced there; in the central one has been produced there and is just finishing his second term.
Let us leave Governor Mimiko out of this and not unnecessarily drag him on, let us sit down and formulate and find out who can solve the problem of Ondo State and how can the problem be solved, so if we know how the problem can be solved then who will solve the problem would not be an issue. Even, Governor Mimiko couldn’t solve the problem of Ondo state despite his educational background and profile.

It is about how do we get resources to solve the state’s problem. Is Ondo state a state that politician, technocratic or entrepreneur can solve its problem, or is peculiar problem.

People are attaching your name to Accord Party (AP) with the belief that you would run under the platform of the party, is it true?

We are planning massively to leave the PDP and move down to Accord party, which is no longer, a secret and we are even planning to have meeting with the National leaders of the party very soon. I will also officially write the PDP to inform them about my final exit. If we solve some of those problem I have mentioned then anybody can use the platform to contest and we shall accommodate anybody to come down and run under Accord Party, so it might probably not be about me.

If I see a candidate that can solve the problem, then I will support the candidate and I will have my rest. Few months to the November 26 governorship election and you want to start building a fresh structure in the Accord Party, Do you think this can work out? That is not a problem;

PDP was dead when I came in, try and check the history. When I came to PDP those who could still remember would tell you that the party was completely dead and I brought it up in two months. What we did was to put N10 million to hold rally in 10 different locations and bought vehicles and get them donated across the state that was how we even invited Late Olusegun Agagu and brought former President Olusegun Obasanjo to Ondo State.

The whole of Akure was shut down and we brought helicopters with about eight governors who attended the event to receive me officially to the party. The strategy of mobilization is not an issue, am a change mobilizer and drive people as quickly as I want to. I don’t need more than two months to drive people. You should know am not knew in politics because I started during papa Adekunle Ajasin’s time. Campaign itself should not be more than 60 days because you have to change the mindset of the people as they say today that it can be PDP.

If they said it must be APC, then they must be able to move forward to solve this problem. If they don’t have an answer then it could be any party. You are a political heavy weight, and now that you’re leaving the platform of the Accord Party open for anyone since you’re not particularly adamant in running for the governorship race, is there any names you have penned down for the slot? In politics, you cannot zero anything because anybody can come. And if he can solve these problems, fine and if he cannot I will tell him he is not better than me.

The normal thing that is developing the world today is about teamwork not about individual work and what is killing Mimiko’s government is lack of teamwork. How many times have you ever seen economic summit taking place in Ondo State; without a summit where people brainstorm and bring out idea, how do you develop. Look at late Agagu in those days, its about seminar and conference.

The government is building mega schools and it is difficult to build them in all the 18 local government areas of the state. About three Local Government doesn’t have it, even in Okitipupa doesn’t have these Mega schools. Is this a decomposed policy of the government that really has a grassroots support.

Also, getting a university all over the places doesn’t solve the problem, even the university in Akungba is not doing anything. You can’t say you have a University of Medicine in Ondo and the one of technology is at Okitipupa how do you fund them out of scarce resources. I think there is no policy interface in the programme of Governor Olusegun mimiko. The reason is that the governor is a fantastic politician but with zero base economic knowledge. He has nothing to offer economically.

There is lot of mixed-reaction in the programmes of the federal government led by President Mohammadu Buhari, as stakeholder in the Nigeria project, what is your reaction about this?

President Muhammadu Buhari came to face a lot of problems which he doesn’t have an answer. The change that APC brought was not conceptualized what they need is transformational change. They need to create a sense of urgency and establishment of practice must happen through institutionalization. Buhari didn’t know that federal civil servants in Nigeria were collecting N280 billion naira as salaries in a month so the budget of N4.6 trillion which is federal government’s budget, so the 60 percent of the budget is for salaries, 30 percent is for debt servicing while the remaining 10 percent is for capital project which is projected on 38 dollar per barrel provided you supply 2.5 million barrel par day but now you are supplying 800 barrel a day. When President Jonathan was there, accruable to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for proceed of petrol was 3. 6 billion dollar a month but when Buhari came in it turned to 600 million dollar a month he lost 3 billion dollar a month and its about 80 percent in the economic of the state. I have told Buhari in my article that low resources and capability will be the problems that his government would face.

In selecting Ministers, he has to look for those who has the resource in solving the problem. Then, you will now have to get capable people who would have to help you drive the resources. The performance of his ministers is below expectation although they are not getting much allocation for their ministry. The fund is not there.

Read more at: http://dailytimes.ng/interview-pdp-dead-in-ondo-state-jimoh-ibrahim/

The question now is, when did u come back to PDP

Re: Why I Joined Accord Party: Jimoh Ibrahim by yeyeboi(m): 11:39am On Oct 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Why I Joined Accord Party: Jimoh Ibrahim by perfectwazobia1: 12:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
Confused and deluded

2 Likes

Re: Why I Joined Accord Party: Jimoh Ibrahim by eezeribe(m): 12:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
OK
Re: Why I Joined Accord Party: Jimoh Ibrahim by Caseless: 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2016
At what time did he grant this interview?
Re: Why I Joined Accord Party: Jimoh Ibrahim by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
Very Old News Biko cool
Re: Why I Joined Accord Party: Jimoh Ibrahim by yarimo(m): 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2016
MIMIKO And his gang trying very hard to confused the good people of ondo state with fake news. IBRAHIM JIMOH is still the candidate of PDP Until the court rules other wise . LOBATAN

2 Likes

Re: Why I Joined Accord Party: Jimoh Ibrahim by kelechi50: 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
,@op learn to comprehend a little he said he wants to not that he has decamped to AP,the early you people corporate with him the better,the court that made mimiko governor is the same court that gave Ibrahim the PDP ticket so it's teth for tath
Re: Why I Joined Accord Party: Jimoh Ibrahim by simonlee(m): 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
Caseless:
At what time did he grant this interview?
Shortly before Lazarus betrayed Jesus!

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Erosion Attacks SFG, Lawal Babachir's Convoy As He Visits Kebbi State / Prophet Joshua Iginla Jets Out To America To Visit Family, Church / SOS Fulani Herdsmen Attacking Southern Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.