Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. (1357 Views)

Peter Obi Arrives Late To World Igbo Congress. See What He Did Next / IPOB Dissociates From Igbo Summit, Insult Elders. / Ambode, Obiano, Ugwuanyi, Tinubu, Others For World Igbo Day In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by IgboBuOfu: 7:47am On Nov 01, 2016
OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE RELEASED AT THE END OF THE WORLD IGBO SUMMIT HELD AT GREGORY UNIVERSITY UTURU ABIA STATE BETWEEN 27TH - 30TH OCTOBER, 2016
My dear Igbo greats, following the completion of the 4-day Igbo Summit held at the Gregory University Uturu, Abia State, to herald the 50-year Visioning programme for the Igbo nation, I hereby present to you the official communique agreed and presented at the end of the Summit. This is the official and authentic version of the communique. Kindly disregard any previous communique as they were released without full authorization:

COMMUNIQUE OF THE WORLD IGBO SUMMIT HELD AT THE GREGORY UNIVERSITY UTURU ABIA STATE FROM 27TH – 30TH OCTOBER, 2016.
The World Igbo Summit took place at the Gregory University Uturu, Abia State, from 27th – 30th October, 2016. The Summit was organized to bring together the great minds of Ala-igbo from across the globe to dialogue and give for Igbo nation a strategic roadmap for growth and development going forward. The Summit heralded the 50-year Visioning Project initiated to strategize, document and design a roadmap for the sustainable development of Igbo nation to catalyze wealth repatriation and reinvestment in Igbo homeland by all Igbo sons and daughters in all parts of the world.
The theme of the World Igbo Summit is: Igboka – Visioning the Igbo Nation in 2066. The theme epitomizes Ndiigbo as a supreme race, a unique people, an autochthonous race and a great people of destiny whom God imbued with the manifest destiny of becoming the pride of the black race through her ingenuity, industry, dispersion, resourcefulness, creativity, hard work, honesty, perseverance and fear of God.

The meeting was co-chaired by General (Sen) Ike Nwachukwu, His Excellency Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, Chief (Col.) Joe Achuzia, Chief Francis Oji and Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu. The well attended Summit has in attendance great leaders of Igbo extractions from the East and West of Igboland including His Royal Majesty Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe (Obi of Onitsha), Eze Eberechi d**k (Chairman South East Council of Traditional Rulers), Prof, Joe Irukwu, Prof George Obiozor, Prof Ihechukwu Madubuike, Igwe Prof Chukwuemeka Ike, Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa, Prof Epiphany Azinge, Prof Pat Utomi, Igwe Engr S.O Okafor, Dr Gregory Ibe, Iyom Josephine Anenih, Chief Simon Nsobundu Okeke, Dr Ifedi Okwenna, Prof Maurice Iwu and so many other Igbo great intellectuals, professionals, businessmen, Civil society activists, gender advocates and other experts of Igbo extraction residing in different parts of the world. The Anambra State Governor Chief Willie Obiano was represented by the Deputy Governor, Dr Nkem Okeke. The Governor commended the World Igbo Summit Group and the Igbo Renaissance Centre of Gregory University Uturu for coming out with a commendable 50-years visioning project.
After a three day deliberation, the Summit resolves as follows:
Ndiigbo have made the biggest sacrifice and contributions to the building of the modern Nigeria and insist that henceforth will work for a Nation where the Igbo are allowed to live and operate as equal citizens without any discrimination, bias or intimidation.

Ndiigbo Insist that the 1999 Constitution should be repealed and a new one enacted that will recognize the inalienable right of each constituent group to self-determination and Regional autonomy as enshrined in the 1960 Independence Constitution and 1963 Republican Constitution.
We call for the implementation of the recommendations of the 2014 National Conference report as doing so will enhance the unity, peace and stability of the country.
Ndiigbo hereby resolve to take full responsibility for the rebuilding of the Igbo economy and development of Ala-Igbo and hereby shall adopt the digital economy as the organizing paradigm and implementation framework for the sustainable development of Alaigbo.
That in line with the recent resolution of the Southern Nigerian Peoples Assembly, the National Assembly and State Assemblies should legislate the prohibition of nomadic grazing by herdsmen and the establishment of grazing reserves and ranches with public funds. We therefore call on the National Assembly to oppose the grazing bill in both chambers.
That in view of the threat by the Fulani herdsmen which constitute present and imminent danger to peace and security in Igboland, the Summit called on the Igbo Governors and the States Assemblies to immediately legislate against any form of open grazing in Igbo land.

That the Biafran spirit is the Igbo spirit of enterprise, hard work and excellence that seeks for justice, equity, and fairness for all. The current agitations therefore is a cry for justice for Ndiigbo. Thus the Biafran agitation is not a threat to national security. We therefore urge the Federal Government to release Nnamdi Kanu and all other prisoners of conscience in line with the rule of law.
The South East Governors should establish a Joint Commission for development of Ala-Igbo and be supportive of good Igbo initiatives.
It was further resolved that henceforth Igbo Political leadership (elected and appointed) must act in the best interest of Ndiigbo and be prepared to be held accountable by the people for all their actions and inactions.
We restate that the principles of Igbo Social Justice – Akulueuno, Eziokwubundu, Onyeaghana-nwaneya, Igwebuike, Ezi-afaka-ego, Egbe-bere-ugo-bere, Akon’uche, nwanyi-bu-ife, ntorobia bu-Ike Obodo would be fully applied in our interactions among Ndiigbo and our neighbours.
The Summit resolved to recognize the contributions of the NdiIgbo in the DIASPORA-Africa, Europe, the Americas, Asia etc. to the achievement of our vision and committed to sharing their aspirations and challenges and we encourage them to think home and invest home.

The Summit expresses their appreciation to the Chancellor and Management of Gregory University Uturu for being a wonderful host and for their commitment to the reengineering of Igbo growth and development through her Igbo Renaissance Center.
Long Live Igbo Nation
Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria
Sen (Gen) Ike Nwachukwu ------------------------------
HE Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife -----------------------------
Chief Col. Joe Achuzie --------------------------------------
Chief Francis Oji -----------------------------------------------
Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu --------------------------
Prof George Obiozor -----------------------------------------
Dr Gregory Ike Ibe -------------------
Iyom Josephine Anenih-------------------------------------
Dr Joe Nwaogu----------------------------------------------
Prof. Joe Irukwu (SAN) -------------------------'--
Prof. Ihe Chukwu Madubike -------------------------------
We thank all who came to Uturu and participated actively at the Summit.
My Special thanks goes to Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe who commuted from Onitsha to Uturu for two consecutive days and delivered a mind-lifting paper that form the fulcrum for the Visioning Process.
The Keynote speakers Prof Epiphany Azinge and Dr Chris Aniedobe were indeed very outstanding. To all resource persons. I say thank you. Dr Greg Ibe is indeed a gift to the Igbo nation and we shall ever appreciate him. May God keep him and continue to bless him. To all who were physically present and all who were with us in spirit, thank you and may the good lord bless you all. Oga adiri Igbo nma.
Dr Ifedi Okwenna Director General World Igbo Summit Group and Summit Secretary

- http://igbobuofu.com/threads/official-communique-released-at-the-end-of-the-world-igbo-summit.237/

1 Like

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by Luckylife(m): 8:16am On Nov 01, 2016
Igbos are blessed nation

6 Likes

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by IgboBuOfu: 8:23am On Nov 01, 2016
We stand by their resolve, whatever was decided in that great summit is fully backed by the great Igbo nation.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by IamOdin: 8:33am On Nov 01, 2016
We are THE UNDISPUTED BEST IN THE WORLD.

2 Likes

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by pchukwudi: 8:40am On Nov 01, 2016
[size=18pt]Awesome. Keep it going, sirs. The Lord is our muscle. cheesy[/size]

1 Like

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by IgboBuOfu: 8:45am On Nov 01, 2016
This just concluded Summit was much anticipated among Igbo people, I think it should be moved to the front page.
Lalasticlala over to you.

1 Like

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by DropShot: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2016
The theme epitomizes Ndiigbo as a supreme race, a unique people, an autochthonous race and a great people of destiny whom God imbued with the manifest destiny of becoming the pride of the black race through her ingenuity, industry, dispersion, resourcefulness, creativity, hard work, honesty, perseverance and fear of God.
The number one problem of the Igbo race. I guess it's in-built.

1 Like

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by IgboBuOfu: 9:06am On Nov 01, 2016
DropShot:

What problem are you talking about please? Speaking the truth now a problem?

2 Likes

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by orunto27: 9:11am On Nov 01, 2016
I hope this is not a 22nd century "Tower of Babel"? God bless the Igbos.
Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by freeze001(f): 9:12am On Nov 01, 2016
DropShot:

Why do you have a problem with that pronouncement or declaration? Does it stop you from saying stuff about ur people? And if u choose not to must others behave like u?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by freeze001(f): 9:15am On Nov 01, 2016
God bless my homeland! Iseeee!

1 Like

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by IgboBuOfu: 9:17am On Nov 01, 2016
orunto27:
I hope this is not a 22nd century "Tower of Babel"? God bless the Igbos.

Tower of Babel is not possible in Igboland because it's not in our nature. Don't think it's possible to have Igbo kingdom but in all honesty, we need to start thinking home, we need to start focusing home, we need to start ignoring whoever ignores us.
We don't owe our lives or apology to anybody. I can't thank those that organised this summit enough as what they resolved in that summit is exactly what we need. Kudos.

2 Likes

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by SuperS1Panther: 9:17am On Nov 01, 2016
I hope you remembered to make it a point of duty to train your children to stop bringing shame and disgrace to Nigeria, in the name of being Ugandan developers.

1 Like

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by IgboBuOfu: 9:22am On Nov 01, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
I hope you remembered to make it a point of duty to train your children to stop bringing shame and disgrace to Nigeria, in the name of being Ugandan developers.
Same goes to every single tribe minus maybe your 'spotless' tribe. Igbo people are not angels, we have our weaknesses which we are not proud of and be rest assured that we are working towards that. Maybe we can one day be as 'spotless' and 'holy' as your tribe.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by SuperS1Panther: 9:29am On Nov 01, 2016
IgboBuOfu:

Same goes to every single tribe minus maybe your 'spotless' tribe. Igbo people are not angels, we have our weaknesses which we are not proud of and be rest assured that we are working towards that. Maybe we can one day be as 'spotless' and 'holy' as your tribe.
Thanks.

No ethnicity is without blemish but some have taken disgracing Nigeria and by extension, all of us, as a profession.

1 Like

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by IgboBuOfu: 9:37am On Nov 01, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

No ethnicity is without blemish but some have taken disgracing Nigeria and by extension, all of us, as a profession.

Yeah, that's what I am saying. The only 'profession' Ndigbo is disgracing Nigeria while the only profession of yours is honouring Nigeria but while at it let's honestly look into the selfless contribution of the great Igbo nation to Nigeria, Africa and humanity.
Your likes only look towards Igbo people in a typical expectation of disgrace your 'great' country, you must only look towards our weakness and turn your judgmental eyes on their strength and selfless contribution to humanity.

Maybe we should open a thread and list the honour and disgrace each Nigerian tribe has brought to Nigeria let's see how it goes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by SAHACO(m): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2016
Who said Igbos are not one

1 Like

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by Bujumbura(m): 9:44am On Nov 01, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Tell me more about Ogun the ritual capital of Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by Gr8tasign: 9:45am On Nov 01, 2016
Good
it wasn't made up political jobbers and selfish individuals who abandons reality to always discuss what pleases their paymasters to the detriment of their own blood thereby making blood money and parading themselves as igbo leaders. I don't have an atom of respect for fools of that category.

For once in recent times, our elders spoke with interest of their people first before considering others and that's what it should have been. "CHARITY begins at HOME" If those imbeciles, idiots and animalistic selfish political jobbers we have have been championing our interest we would have gone far by now. it's their callousness that made IPOB to be bashing them without restraint.
Are u telling me that if Nnamdi Kanu were to be from Hausa he will still be in detention even when the court has said otherwise and is also clear Nigeria had on case against him? Or will the Fed. gov. keep arresting, torturing and detaining innocent and peaceful people without resistance from their political class? Thank God their senses are coming home gradually. Courtesy of IPOB.

A step in good direction but shouldn't end up being a chat between two lovers who cares in words while their actions are far from what they say. Let it be pursued to the letter.

Umu Igbo maanu nma ooo

3 Likes

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by SAHACO(m): 9:52am On Nov 01, 2016
IgboBuOfu:

Yeah, that's what I am saying. The only 'profession' Ndigbo is disgracing Nigeria while the only profession of yours is honouring Nigeria but while at it let's honestly look into the selfless contribution of the great Igbo nation to Nigeria, Africa and humanity.
Your likes only look towards Igbo people in a typical expectation of they are disgrace our your 'great' nation, you must only look towards their weakness and turn your judgmental heart on their strength and selfless contribution to humanity.

Maybe we should open a thread and list the honour and disgrace each Nigerian tribe has brought to Nigeria let's see how it goes.
Ignore the moniker his justing trying to derail the thread.

1 Like

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by IamOdin: 10:28am On Nov 01, 2016
IgboBuOfu:

Tower of Babel is not possible in Igboland because it's not in our nature. Don't think it's possible to have Igbo kingdom but in all honesty, we need to start thinking home, we need to start focusing home, we need to start ignoring whoever ignores us.
We don't owe our lives or apology to anybody. I can't thank those that organised this summit enough as what they resolved in that summit is exactly what we need. Kudos.

i'm glad we are finally waking up.
I'm happy at the rate we are starting to love ourselves.

We will get there in no time!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by IamOdin: 10:32am On Nov 01, 2016
Gr8tasign:
Good
it wasn't made up political jobbers and selfish individuals who abandons reality to always discuss what pleases their paymasters to the detriment of their own blood thereby making blood money and parading themselves as igbo leaders. I don't have an atom of respect for fools of that category.

For once in recent times, our elders spoke with interest of their people first before considering others and that's what it should have been. "CHARITY begins at HOME" If those imbeciles, idiots and animalistic selfish political jobbers we have have been championing our interest we would have gone far by now. it's their callousness that made IPOB to be bashing them without restraint.
Are u telling me that if Nnamdi Kanu were to be from Hausa he will still be in detention even when the court has said otherwise and is also clear Nigeria had on case against him? Or will the Fed. gov. keep arresting, torturing and detaining innocent and peaceful people without resistance from their political class? Thank God their senses are coming home gradually. Courtesy of IPOB.

A step in good direction but shouldn't end up being a chat between two lovers who cares in words while their actions are far from what they say. Let it be pursued to the letter.

Umu Igbo maanu nma ooo

Anyi amachala nma ooooo smiley

2 Likes

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by nabiz(m): 11:01am On Nov 01, 2016
THE BEST GIFT FROM GOD TO ME IS MAKING ME AN IGBO MAN. I LOVE IGBO WITH PASSION. MAY GOD BLESS ME WILL WHAT IT TAKES TO HELP MY PEOPLE. IF A DROP OF MY BLOOD WILL CAN MAKE IGBO GRATE, I WILL HAPPY SACRIFIES ALL MY BLOOD.
AFTER CHRIST, IGBO IS THE NEXT IN MY HEART. I LOVE IGBO LAND, I LOVE THE RISING SON. I LOVE THE SHAPE OF MY HEAD

1 Like

Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by Develpeast: 12:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
in furtherance of the above, Igbo youth should run down to

SOUTHEAST DEVELOPMENT FORUM

on Facebook to come deliberate on how to develop the region and hold office holders responsible for their actions.

Thank you
Re: Official Communique Released At The End Of The World Igbo Summit. by BrownRoofRep: 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
I know this thread will not make front page because it is not negative submission of Igbos. If the outcome of the meeting was an insult or lambasting of Igbos you will see it at the front page immediately it was posted.
This forum is fast becoming anti Igbo forum.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba 90%: 2 Retired General/5 colonels Show Interest of Oba Of Ilorin / Adekunle Was Not Yoruba. / Save A Soul, DSS Secretly Detaining A Biafra Supporter In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.