Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' (7551 Views)

Leo Ogor Could Be Sacked Over 6-Month Sickness / 22 Top Federal Officials Sacked Over Budget Padding / Why Ikpeazu Was Sacked As Abia Governor – Federal High Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by ebosie11(f): 8:42am On Nov 01, 2016
No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action- Amosun

Our attention has been drawn to insinuations in some quarters that the Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, dismissed some civil servants due to the ongoing strike action in the state.

For the avoidance of doubt, we will like to state unequivocally that there is no iota of truth to this speculation.

Contrary to such claims, what truly transpired is that the Ogun State Civil Service Commission, in furtherance of its statutory responsibility of maintaining discipline and adherence to public service rules and extant regulations, on Monday, took the decision to sanction some civil servants.

The affected civil servants were alleged to have been involved in certain acts of misconduct in the course of the 2016 World Teachers Day celebration on October 5, 2016 way before the ongoing strike action commenced.

In a statement issued on Monday and signed by the Ogun State Head of Service, Elder Sola Adeyemi, the State Civil Service Commission explained that it received complaints from concerned members of the public against some public and civil servants allegedly involved in various acts of misconduct in the course of the 2016 World Teachers Day celebration.

The allegations against the affected civil and public servants include the fact that, contrary to extant public service rules, they got involved in partisan politics by publicly admitting receiving money from a politician and also hiring a musician with whom they sang praises of the said politician while chanting political slogans in the course of the World Teachers Day celebration.

To determine the veracity of such complaints and give the affected civil and public servants the opportunity for fair hearing, the Civil Service Commission said it set up an administrative panel of Inquiry on October 17, 2016.

The panel’s term of reference include, among others, to investigate the events of October 5, 2016 at the NUT Multipurpose hall, Kuto, Abeokuta with a view to identifying the public and civil servants directly or indirectly involved in partisan political activities; determine the culpability or otherwise of the identified public servants and recommend appropriate disciplinary actions in line with the public service rules and extant regulations.

Before arriving at its decisions, the panel issued queries and invited the affected civil servants who in turn made written and oral representations.

After listening to all parties involved including witnesses, as well as reviewing the evidences at its disposal, the panel, in its wisdom, recommended the dismissal of 16 public and civil servants.

Those recommended for dismissal include Comrade Akeem Ambali, the state chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC and Comrade Dare Ilekoya, the state chairman of the Nigeria Union of Teachers, NUT. They were all found to have contravened the Public Service Rules 04401, 04402 (c&d) and 04406 (a) due to their involvement in the political rally they held under the guise of World Teachers Day celebration event.

The panel also recommended the suspension of 19 others while exonerating one Mr. Abiodun Oriyomi Samuel who was said not to have been involved in the alleged partisan act.

From the foregoing, it is clear that the State Civil Service Commission only acted in fulfillment of its statutory responsibility and this has nothing to do with Governor Amosun or the ongoing strike action embarked upon by a section of the workforce in the state.

Signed
Adejuwon Soyinka
Senior Special Assistant (Media),
Ogun State Governor
November 1, 2016

Source:
http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/11/no-worker-was-sacked-over-strike-action.html

1 Like

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by CACAWA(m): 9:54am On Nov 01, 2016
Trash.

Amosun will perish.

Click share to say amen

11 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by shammah1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Zombie o Zombie... Una see una life?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
[quote author=ebosie11 post=50672040]No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action- Amosun

Our attention has been drawn to insinuations in some quarters that the Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, dismissed some civil servants due to the ongoing strike action in the state.

For the avoidance of doubt, we will like to state unequivocally that there is no iota of truth to this speculation.

Contrary to such claims, what truly transpired is that the Ogun State Civil Service Commission, in furtherance of its statutory responsibility of maintaining discipline and adherence to public service rules and extant regulations, on Monday, took the decision to sanction some civil servants.

The affected civil servants were alleged to have been involved in certain acts of misconduct in the course of the 2016 World Teachers Day celebration on October 5, 2016 way before the ongoing strike action commenced.

In a statement issued on Monday and signed by the Ogun State Head of Service, Elder Sola Adeyemi, the State Civil Service Commission explained that it received complaints from concerned members of the public against some public and civil servants allegedly involved in various acts of misconduct in the course of the 2016 World Teachers Day celebration.

The allegations against the affected civil and public servants include the fact that, contrary to extant public service rules, they got involved in partisan politics by publicly admitting receiving money from a politician and also hiring a musician with whom they sang praises of the said politician while chanting political slogans in the course of the World Teachers Day celebration.

To determine the veracity of such complaints and give the affected civil and public servants the opportunity for fair hearing, the Civil Service Commission said it set up an administrative panel of Inquiry on October 17, 2016.

The panel’s term of reference include, among others, to investigate the events of October 5, 2016 at the NUT Multipurpose hall, Kuto, Abeokuta with a view to identifying the public and civil servants directly or indirectly involved in partisan political activities; determine the culpability or otherwise of the identified public servants and recommend appropriate disciplinary actions in line with the public service rules and extant regulations.

Before arriving at its decisions, the panel issued queries and invited the affected civil servants who in turn made written and oral representations.

After listening to all parties involved including witnesses, as well as reviewing the evidences at its disposal, the panel, in its wisdom, recommended the dismissal of 16 public and civil servants.

Those recommended for dismissal include Comrade Akeem Ambali, the state chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC and Comrade Dare Ilekoya, the state chairman of the Nigeria Union of Teachers, NUT. They were all found to have contravened the Public Service Rules 04401, 04402 (c&d) and 04406 (a) due to their involvement in the political rally they held under the guise of World Teachers Day celebration event.

Bottom line, you Don sack some and suspend some as been insinuated!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by omofunaab(m): 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
Amosun is being economical with the truth. And a wicked soul for that matter ,a tyrant

Amosun seized the union dues for a whole year to weakened the union .Now the teachers were planning to do their world teachers day celebration. Since you have seized their union dues, they wrote to you, so that you could sponsor the celebration but you refused

Now they wrote to senator solomon olamilekan adeola YAYI , now yayi donated N5 million to the workers for teachers day celebration. Now during the celebration the teachers appreciated YAYI for his support ,so they sang.

Now amosun is claiming YAYI an APC senator is an opposition politician? Just because the workers appreciated his support towards the planning of their teachers day.
Now why did amosun seize their union dues which they normally use to organize such events.

Amosun is a bloody hypocrite, when the workers were busy dancing for you during your first term, shouting and singing your name, they weren't partisan then abi? Or any worker that is not loyal to the governor is the one regarded as partisan.

But i don't understand sef, i thought in the constiuition every citizen is free to belong to any political party of his choice, attend political rallies.

So why can't anybody donate to the teachers on the event of celebrating their world teachers day.

Amosun is going down mehn, his own will be worse than otunba gbenga Daniel's own.
Nobody can turn into an emperor here in ogun state.
If you are under any spell, i will advise you to go for strong river bath to cleanse your head. Because ogun people are tired of your bashorun gaa behavior

16 Likes

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by DONSMITH123(m): 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
lipsrsealed

3 Shares

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by chinnasa: 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
ok
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by Bigajeff(m): 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
seriously
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by eezeribe(m): 12:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
Speculations
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by bishopsele84: 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
It shall not be well with amosun for punishing innocent citizens

1 Like

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by bumi10(m): 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
oooh

APC government

here one today, tomorrow will be reverse

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by Fidelismaria: 12:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
WASUP with ogun state dis days?
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by ifedayor: 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
Amosun the Dictator
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by MAXIMAL123(m): 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
K
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
What a clueless governor.
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by APCmyheart(m): 12:27pm On Nov 01, 2016
CACAWA:
Trash.

Amosun will perish.

Click share to day amen

Get out of this thread if you don't want to Perish yourself..
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by miqos02(m): 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
ok
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by idolda: 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2016
That's Chanji Version 2.0 Amosun is Liar Mohammed trainee, he can lie for Africa.
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by jinneyb(m): 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
Understand every side of stories before making your contributions, it's not healthy to make comments based hearsay and one sided story.

NLC and other union bodies should be headed by people with no political affiliations, and even if they belong to one, it should be made silent, and let's not forget that every political opposition will want to make something out of everything.

Am not saying Amosun is a saint, am saying if he made a reaction based on actions taken by some people that are meant to be in-charge of affairs, then he's done the right thing.

He's the head of the state and the decision on its affairs should be made by him, either good or bad is based on the angle you are looking at it from.

Make ur contributions with relatable points void of unfounded sentiments.

To me, Amosun is a good leader with his own flaws compared to his peers.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by maasoap(m): 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2016
jinneyb:
Understand every side of stories before making your contributions, it's not healthy to make comments based hearsay and one sided story.

NLC and other union bodies should be headed by people with no political affiliations, and even if they belong to one, it should be made silent, and let's not forget that every political opposition will want to make something out of everything.

Am not saying Amosun is a saint, am saying if he made a reaction based on actions taken by some people that are meant to be in-charge of affairs, then he's done the right thing.

He's the head of the state and the decision on its affairs should be made by him, either good or bad is based on the angle you are looking at it from.

Thank you!
Who do you think you are deceiving here? Only yourself!

3 Likes

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by ajoskele(m): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
jinneyb:

Thank you!
but Yayi is an APC senator in Lagos now.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by Fourwinds: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
it is obvious their lies have been laid bare...Amosun ur days of reckoning is coming...Eli predicament is knocking...

just imagine d heavy lies...
can d civil service commission take an oat dat Ogun state workers have never sang songs for Amosun in praise.??

yeye dey smell.. look at d people dat go to Church and Mosque...I dey laugh
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by Fourwinds: 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2016
jinneyb:

Thank you!
hmmmmm... I sorry for you...yet Churches and Mosques are always filled...

1 Like

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by vosquare: 2:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
jinneyb:

Thank you!
Like seriously?

Amosun is a good leader?
In what way my brother?
By refusing to pay workers their salary?
By not listening to students of the state institution?
By not paying doctors salaries
By just focusing on state capital and ignore others?

U have to tell me how he's a good leader

1 Like

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by maj007(m): 2:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
jinneyb:

Thank you!

"A Good Leader" should not be vindictive and publicly rain vile descriptions on his followers. I voted for him twice but I have realized now he is just showing his true colour now.

He shows zero tolerance to reasonable protests and does not like any of his decisions being questioned at all even when he is wrong. WHERE IS THE DEMOCRACY IN THAT?

We surely know how to use our thumbs come 2019.

1 Like

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by ade2008(m): 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
jinneyb:

Thank you!

Are you one of his political jingos? Which Amosun is a good leader .Tyrant.

2 Likes

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by jinneyb(m): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
vosquare:

Like seriously?

Amosun is a good leader?
In what way my brother?
By refusing to pay workers their salary?
By not listening to students of the state institution?
By not paying doctors salaries
By just focusing on state capital and ignore others?

U have to tell me how he's a good leader

When things are going right, we never comment, shying away from the negatives at that stance, expecially when it favors us, but when situation changes, simply maybe because it does not favor us, then the actor in question becomes a devil.

If you didn't vote for him at all, I won't be surprised, but if you did voted for him, then you have your reasons for doing so based on what you saw in him, and if things have a little tilt in his decisions now, I want you to give that understand you had for him for voting to comprehend what's happening now.

If he does pays salaries before and he's not paying now due to challenges he's facing, i'm sure he'll get it right, no one wants to build a house and watch it perish right before him.

If you think he focused his attention on the state capital alone, then please help me answer this question, if the capital city is not befitting, where should be? And your assumption is not totally right with evidential proof, unless you want to shy away from it.

NB: This is not about been a supporter or not, we all know how Ogun State was before, and where it is now.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by jinneyb(m): 3:25pm On Nov 01, 2016
ade2008:

Are you one of his political jingos? Which Amosun is a good leader .Tyrant.

Really?

Please state your reasons.
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by Exponental(m): 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2016
Kontinuu...... like seriously, Mr Governor, when you leave office, can you walk on the street of Ogun state without protection? Are just with your actions?
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by xnsandrxns: 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
The fish rots from the head they say
Amosun is learning well from Buhari
Tyrant
Re: Amosun Reacts: 'No Worker Was Sacked Over Strike Action By Me' by jinneyb(m): 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
maj007:

"A Good Leader" should not be vindictive and publicly rain vile descriptions on his followers. I voted for him twice but I have realized now he is just showing his true colour now.

He shows zero tolerance to reasonable protests and does not like any of his decisions being questioned at all even when he is wrong. WHERE IS THE DEMOCRACY IN THAT?

We surely know how to use our thumbs come 2019.

A good leader should be in charge of proceedings of wherever he presides.

By been vindictive or using vile descriptions on followers,

If i'm going by the actual meaning of being vindictive, my question is at what stage or time, he has what he wants back to back, so I see no reason why he should, by using vile descriptions on followers publicly, our interpretation of what he said differs and it depends on the angle we view things from.
And his descriptions might been taken out of context.

I believe a leader like him understands the gravity of every word that comes out of his mouth so before he makes a statement, it would have been adequately thought through.

On public protests and decisions, i'm sure if protests were taken through proper channels, he has no right to shy away from them. About decisions, what you think is wrong may be right to him, and before he makes decisions, his team would have had different inputs.

About your vote, you made a decision to vote him then, the coming elections may not directly affect him.

Thank you!

NB: This is not about been a supporter or not, we all know how Ogun State was before, and where it is now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FLASH: APC Denies Suspending Akeredolu / Buhari Commiserates With Bayonga Family Over Death Of HRH Danjuma Bayonga / See The Photo Of Sheikh Gunmi that Is Causing Wahala On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.