Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison (4980 Views)

#dasukigate: Falae Calls Bode George To Discuss The Money Received / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / I'll Send Corrupt Nigerians To Kirikiri Prison - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by Nigerd(m): 8:42am On Oct 28, 2009
Al-Mustapha welcomes Bode George to Kirikiri prison
Headlines Oct 28, 2009

*Shuns prison food
*Gets appeal documents
*Visitors barred from seeing him

By Victor Ahiuma-Young, Albert Akpor, Evelyn Usman & Ifeanyi Okolie

LAGOS — FORMER Chief Security officer to the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha, Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, was one of the high-profile inmates of the Kirikiri Maximum-Security Prison who welcomed Chief Bode George, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the prison on his arrival, Monday, Vanguard can authoritatively reveal.

Vanguard also gathered that Chief George, who was sentenced to 28 years jail term by Justice Joseph Oyewole of the Lagos High Court, but to spend two-and-a-half years, has not eaten Prison food since Monday night, neither has he applied for food to be brought to him from his home.

Meantime, security at the Kirikiri prison was tightened yesterday as Chief George and five members of the board of the Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA, which he chaired, spent their first day in the prison after being jailed, Monday.
Bode George

Others jailed alongside George were former Managing Director of the NPA, Architect Aminu Dabo; Captain Olusegun Abidoye, Alhaji Zanna Maideribe and Alhai Sule Aliyu.

Reports say they were allocated beds in the ‘Important Personalities’ block of the prison yard.

But it could not be ascertained whether Chief George is sharing his cell with some of those convicted with him.

Vanguard, however, gathered that between two and three inmates are allowed to stay together in VIP cells.

According to the source, prison authorities do not allow a single person in a cell whether VIP or ordinary cell, for security reasons.

Besides, two of his personal assistants, counsel, family members, friends, relations and political associates who thronged the prison were not allowed to see him as fierce-looking prison warders restricted movement in and around the premises of the prison.

Vanguard investigation revealed that visitors are not allowed to see convicts on Tuesdays.

“There are specific days of visit for convicted persons and today (Tuesday) is not one of those visiting days”, said Mr. Ope Fatinikun, the Lagos Prisons Command’s Public Relations Officer.
Al-Mustapha

Al-Mustapha

Inside prison sources said the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, stalwart was unusually calm as he was ushered into the Prison yard Monday to a rousing welcome by inmates.

The source said Chief George occasionally stared into space and shook his head in disbelief.

Al-Mustapha, who is standing trial for the murder of Alhaja Kudirat Abiola, wife of the late Chief M.K.O Abiola and attempted murder of the Publisher of The Guardian newspapers, Alex Ibru, before Justices M.O Dada and Mufutau Olokooba respectively, exchanged pleasantries with Chief George and they had a brief discussion during a free period.

Bode George shuns prison food

Vanguard was reliably told that Chief George had not eaten since his arrival at the prison Monday, even as he was not accorded a VIP treatment contrary to expectation.

It was not too clear whether he is on hunger strike but sources said he had not officially applied for food from home neither had he eaten prison’s food.

This was confirmed by Prison sources who said although he was not locked up with other ordinary criminals, he was not given preferential treatment.
Asked whether food was brought for him by his family or friends, the state command’s PRO, said he had not applied for food to be brought from outside.
According to him, “he has the right to apply for food but he has not done so since he arrived yesterday (Monday).”

According to Vanguard investigation, among those who attempted to see him yesterday were the immediate past Director-General of Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, NIMASA Dr Adegboyega Dosumu, some PDP Chieftains in Lagos and other prominent Nigerians who were said to have arrived the prison gate as early as 6:30am in exotic cars some with Federal Government licenced plates.

Meanwhile, Vanguard gathered that final touches are being put to their appeal against their conviction as their lawyers were sighted on the prison’s premises believed to be part of efforts to get the convicts sign the notice of appeal drafted as well as the Motion for Appeal.

One of the lawyers who spoke with Vanguard on phone said, “we have concluded the typing of the process and ready for filing at the Registry. Unfortunately, we were unable to meet up by the time we got to the Registry of the High Court. Definitely, the process will be concluded first thing tomorrow (today),” he said.

Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by Thomaths(m): 11:55am On Oct 28, 2009
I beg commot him white Agbada and give am green shorts wears that's meant for prisoners.
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by Rajalat: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2009
Chy see he white garment like angel still he no wan repent,
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by Amjustme: 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2009
The source said Chief George occasionally stared into space and shook his head in disbelief.

Sorry o, Oga George but ur not refunding d money na, u shld be able 2 endure 2.5years 4 Billions of naira.

Up Nigeria, one step-up for justice!!!! wink
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by 1forall: 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2009
Wonder what the grounds of appeal are??
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2009
He must be feeling nice and good there. He will soon get used to there food and there environment! Its good to be home, home better
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by sandee575(f): 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2009
just one of the gangter political party called PDP
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2009
feel at home oga George
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by wunmilyn(f): 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2009
Serves him right!
agalagba ole !!!!!! tongue

but am still doubting if he will actually spend 2.5yrs in the prison. undecided
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by Nezed(f): 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2009
is he in prison wearing that agbada?

I dont think he will be there much longer than a few week(s).

BTW, why is Al-Mustapha still in there? Or did he not belong to an important caucus that can get his hide out?
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by Nezan(m): 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2009
Why the special interest in Bode? is he not just one of the guilty?
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by TheSeeker(m): 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2009
Who cares if he eats or not. Just how many people have died purportedly from the loots they've made away with? How many people's business have been turned into a fatal and permanent wreck because of their greed? Who cares anyways. I, personally, wouldn't subscribe to a 28-year jail term. He should have been slapped with 44 years and all his assets confiscated.
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by Kennyblues(m): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2009
Hell is the abode of a liar, No liar would ever wear such a whte regalia, Bode George is a liar in disguise
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by MrCrackles(m): 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
Good. . .
Kirikiri is the most suitable zone where criminals and corrupt vagabonds should cool thier heels. . . .
They should be locked away from all forms of civilization! grin
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by dammizz(m): 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2009
This man old o. I wonder what he intends doing with that whole lotta money when he originally has lil time to live. shocked embarassed
Now that he's refusing to eat, I dey suspect oOoo
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by puskin: 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2009
He wants 2appeal.
@least b4 the appeal judgment is passed, he would have spent 6mnths in Kirikiri. tongue
Funny enough, some appeals do backfire, I hope this would be one of such appeals.
Bode George should discuss political strategies wit Al-Mustapha. grin
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by otukpo(f): 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2009
i just laugh. He never see anything.

They shld transfer him to either maiduguri prison or somewhere up north. He is still feeling at home in kirikiri. His people and loyalists will always find it easy to go there and comfort him.
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by cvibe: 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2009
This man has grown old overnight.
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by axeman85(m): 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2009
nonsense justice

bernard madoff in the usa got 150yrs in jail and they are given him 2yrs pere. who cares if he eats or sleeps. anyway kuduos to the judge for at least sending him to prison but he deserves more than what was offered to him.
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by bawomolo(m): 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2009
don't drop the soap fat fucc.

I hope he is force fed garri and saw dust three times a day
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by Ighedome(m): 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2009
I think the best punishment for these idiots in Agbada is to castrate them them before putting them in life imprisonment. For goodness sake, what is 2 years in jail for a man that has castrated Nigeria and millions of Nigerians while in office?
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by 4tune1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2009
Oga Bode,so with all d mouth wey u get, even reach aso rock you can sleep at kirikiri for just 30 minute. Eeyaa, now you dey look up and down forgeting that God dey watch you when you dey commit crime against his people. You better join ur people to dey eat the beans and gari
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by Hopeyemi(m): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2009
That simply serves him right, who cares if he eats or not? In short that 2 & half yrs is just too small for sumone dat has really done such worse to the Nigerian economy, shey he think say na him papa money? well sha thanks to d able judge that passed that judgement, we need more of that for all those corrupt leaders,
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by semid4lyfe(m): 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2009
A mere sacrificial lamb by the government of the day. Something tells me, this is all for show and he'll be released quietly in a few weeks.
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by chelseabmw(m): 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2009
make both of them sit down reason how dem go k move naija forward ;d ;d
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by Spyker: 2:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Please how do i meet this Bode George of a man self, i can be of help to him, see me see wahala, Please send this message to him or his family members.

I AM WILLING TO SPEND THE TWO AND THE HALF YEARS ON HIS BEHALF IF HE IS WILLING TO PAY ME N1,000,000,000.00 ONLY FROM HIS LOOT.

Men, even though i work for N35 years, with a salary of N1,000,000.00 monthly, i will not get half on it, please send this message and treat as urgent, this will be my own BIG BROTHER KIRIKIRI, after 2 1/2 years, i go dey N1Billion richer.
Hurray, my opportunity to hammer don come be that.

I want to claim this opportunist, so opportunist, don't go near that sector ooh

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by ProAnti: 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2009
;d ;d ;d
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by olalekan1(m): 3:05pm On Oct 28, 2009
There are more political fraudsters withint local,state and federal sits that suppose to be in there with him. As for me I just give little kudos to the judge because all his property should have been forfeited. Haba! millions of naira for just 2 yrs.
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by olalekan1(m): 3:08pm On Oct 28, 2009
Spyker:

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Please how do i meet this Bode George of a man self, i can be of help to him, see me see wahala, Please send this message to him or his family members.

I AM WILLING TO SPEND THE TWO AND THE HALF YEARS ON HIS BEHALF IF HE IS WILLING TO PAY ME N1,000,000,000.00 ONLY FROM HIS LOOT.

Men, even though i work for N35 years, with a salary of N1,000,000.00 monthly, i will not get half on it, please send this message and treat as urgent, this will be my own BIG BROTHER KIRIKIRI, after 2 1/2 years, i go dey N1Billion richer.
Hurray, my opportunity to hammer don come be that.

I want to claim this opportunist, so opportunist, don't go near that sector ooh

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Nothing for you man. The apeal court might send him to 25 yrs in kuje prison, will you spend the jail term for him?
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by tarano: 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2009
''When the Gavel Falls'' Naa jail be that, no complaint, do the crime serve the time, these are the tips for Uncle George

The following are guidelines for getting along in jail:

- Watch and listen for quite a while, to get a sense of the other people you’ll be living with. On the other hand, the first ones who come up and want to make friends with you may be predators, losers, or snitches (Al Mustapha).

- Don’t be in a big hurry to join a group, because you’ll be taking on their baggage. Just take it easy and be pleasant with everyone, without striving to find buddies right away. Take the time to let friendships develop gradually, the way they do naturally at work, school, or the gym.

- Respect others, but behave with self-respect, too. Acting scared invites bullying. And if you don’t stand up for yourself, potential allies won’t think it‘s worth the risk to stand by you.

- Be very careful not to touch people by accident. If you do bump into anyone, immediately say “Excuse me.” If your apology isn’t accepted, don’t argue, but just walk away (and keep an eye on that person for future problems).

- Don’t touch other people’s stuff (books, pencils, etc.) or sit on other people’s beds, without asking.

- Rather than just joining a conversation, wait until someone asks your opinion. However bad your situation is, be careful not to sound like you’re whining.

- In the eating area, don’t reach across other people’s trays. If you have to cough or sneeze, turn away and cover your mouth.

- Before using the telephone or changing channels on the TV, make sure you check with other prisoners to see what system they’ve set up for taking turns—it’s easy to offend others by accident, if you don’t find out the “local rules.”

- Don’t borrow money, don’t gamble, don’t do drugs, and don’t accept gifts from strangers. All these things can put you in debt, which could affect your safety.

- Don’t snitch. Snitches are not just unpopular—they’re unsafe. Don’t even refer to other prisoners when talking with correctional officers, because people will think you’re snitching or at least being manipulated by the officers.

The most important one, Don't drop the soap!!
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by BADLEE: 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2009
This is unfair, i am not saying that what Bode did is right, but why sentencing him to 2.5years jail term while other criminals like him who stole in hundred of billion of naira are free and warming up to contest for election in 2011,

I smell political setup here than Justice.

Release Bode George or arrest IBB, OBJ, Sam Egwu, Orji Uzo kalu , Peter Odili, Igbenidon, Atiku, Iyabo Obasanjo, Patricia Eteh and others.
Re: Al-mustapha Welcomes Bode George To Kirikiri Prison by ShadyDeal(m): 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2009
Bode George used to have a special way he constructs his cap in a way that accentuate his arrogance and contempt for the common man. I hope they will give him an additional prison uniform material to sew that cap, so that his feeling of self-importance will be well preserved.

I hope he will also muster enough courage and military tactics to assume a position of importance in his new constituency, just like he did in the outside world. Here is one such position: As the highest PDP ranking member in Nigerian prison, he can either occupy the position of chairman BOT PDP prisoners in the diaspora, or National chairman of Nigerian prisoners of PDP extraction, or better still National Chairman PDP, prison chapter. Tsunami!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala, Nnaji Lead Charge For Stable Power Supply / PDP To CPC: You Are Too Blind To Notice Jonathan’s Achievements” / Power Output Drops To Record Low Of 3714 MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.